Like Tree10631Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

looks like the official count was 318. That's a really good ratio for a group that had rumors of burning through 870 to get 300

http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.c...9A97160C791D2F

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    good luck to everyone that started today

for anyone that was there today can the confirm what number of candidates they started with? and the number of weeks the academy is? i spoke to someone yesterday who is entering the academy today and he said he was told it was pushed back to 15 weeks. Thanks
    I got a twitter update from joinFDNY that stated "...318 were sworn in this morning. The most diverse class ever."
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Over 100 probies placed on remedial in the physical department. Praise saint pull ups, amen. Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Over 100 probies placed on remedial in the physical department. Praise saint pull ups, amen. Lol
    That's sad, within a few weeks I went from being able to do 1 pull up to doing 7-8 pull ups just by mixing in a few sets of pull outs during my work outs. I should keep my mouth shut, watch me get placed on remedial if I make it that far lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I'm right in your ballpark and I have not received anything as of today at 11:00am. I do not believe anyone from the OC list has received anything, either.
    Thank you and everyone who responded!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    That's sad, within a few weeks I went from being able to do 1 pull up to doing 7-8 pull ups just by mixing in a few sets of pull outs during my work outs. I should keep my mouth shut, watch me get placed on remedial if I make it that far lol.
    You will have close to a year to kill any doubt in your capabilities bro. That's PLENTY of time to do exactly what you need to do to be in that perfect physical shape for the academy. Don't be like those lazy probies who waited last min to work out knowing they were going in first and now look at them in remedial probably wishing they worked out a lot more.

Forum Member

Where did you hear this from? That's crazy - a full third of the class being placed in remedial…
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

You will have close to a year to kill any doubt in your capabilities bro. That's PLENTY of time to do exactly what you need to do to be in that perfect physical shape for the academy. Don't be like those lazy probies who waited last min to work out knowing they were going in first and now look at them in remedial probably wishing they worked out a lot more.
    I've been working so I'm not that worried, I'm just trying to get my diet in order because that can be just as bad as not working out. I don't eat fast food, no sweats, and I only drink water except for my coffee in the morning but that's where it ends. I like to eat and when I start it doesn't stop. So I'm trying to limit myself and cut down on sodium. I also going to stop drinking for a few months. I don't have a drinking problem but I rather cut it out all together until I'm back at the weight I want to be.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Where did you hear this from? That's crazy - a full third of the class being placed in remedial…
    Lets just say is someone within...

Forum Member

I've been working so I'm not that worried, I'm just trying to get my diet in order because that can be just as bad as not working out. I don't eat fast food, no sweats, and I only drink water except for my coffee in the morning but that's where it ends. I like to eat and when I start it doesn't stop. So I'm trying to limit myself and cut down on sodium. I also going to stop drinking for a few months. I don't have a drinking problem but I rather cut it out all together until I'm back at the weight I want to be.
    Yea I would never let go of my coffee in the morning so I know what you mean lol. If I were you stick to the basics, 6-8 small meals during the day. Make sure is high on Good proteins. You might not lose weight as fast as you may want just because you will gain muscle at the same time but I think that's the healthier and safer way to do it. I have absolutely no doubt that im in good enough shape to breeze through proby school. I will tell you something that I have been telling myself for the past 6 years since 6019. I'm not training to pass proby school, I'm training to be the best fit at proby school, I want that fitness award. When you have that mentally about it, the sky is the limit bro.

Forum Member

I know we're not suppose to be reading the rant but I cant help checking it every now and then lol.. Someone on there said that according to the director of candidate investigations, they will start contacting guys on the OC list this month

Forum Member

vekdoggs75, mocon337 and grok350 like this.

Forum Member

Yea I would never let go of my coffee in the morning so I know what you mean lol. If I were you stick to the basics, 6-8 small meals during the day. Make sure is high on Good proteins. You might not lose weight as fast as you may want just because you will gain muscle at the same time but I think that's the healthier and safer way to do it. I have absolutely no doubt that im in good enough shape to breeze through proby school. I will tell you something that I have been telling myself for the past 6 years since 6019. I'm not training to pass proby school, I'm training to be the best fit at proby school, I want that fitness award. When you have that mentally about it, the sky is the limit bro.
    Like the way you think! I'm gonna get on that train

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I know we're not suppose to be reading the rant but I cant help checking it every now and then lol.. Someone on there said that according to the director of candidate investigations, they will start contacting guys on the OC list this month
    FOR REALZ?!!?!?!?!?!?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post

A couple of other pics to motivate you here:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/ev.../011513a.shtml
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

What happens if you are placed 'in remedial?'
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1240462

Congrats to those hired and sworn in today.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    What happens if you are placed 'in remedial?'
    Think of it like detention in school except you're busting your *** to get in better shape.

Forum Member

I will find out shortly what happens in remedial. Failed by one damn sit up. Sucks, but on the bright side I probably need the extra work anyways, so it is what it is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I will find out shortly what happens in remedial. Failed by one damn sit up. Sucks, but on the bright side I probably need the extra work anyways, so it is what it is.
    You serious? That suckssss. I thought missing an Over by 1 point was bad.

Forum Member

Wow really? I thought you would make it with no problems. How is the academy otherwise?
    Test: 2000
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

What I found works the best man to stay motivated, train like one day your life is going to depend on it. And not just figuratively, literally. One day it's going to.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that, MM, but you're obviously more committed than most and you'll clearly be fine. Not that you need any of us to tell you that.

Curious - what are the standards (besides the run time) to be above/below remedial level? Are they running military-type PFT, and if so what are the tests/times/repetitions?
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Sorry to hear that, MM, but you're obviously more committed than most and you'll clearly be fine. Not that you need any of us to tell you that.

Curious - what are the standards (besides the run time) to be above/below remedial level? Are they running military-type PFT, and if so what are the tests/times/repetitions?
    1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes, at least 30 push ups, 30 sit ups in 1 minute, and at least 4 pull ups. Don't know about your second question.

Forum Member

1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes, at least 30 push ups, 30 sit ups in 1 minute, and at least 4 pull ups. Don't know about your second question.
    Thanks man, that's all I was asking.

Do they do the sit-ups with someone holding your feet? Sorry for the detailed question, just really helpful in preparation…
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    anyone familiar with the insanity workout? it was at the library and i was gonna take it out and put it on my itunes and do it? is it worth it? i know it retails for like 100 bucks and is free at the library but only for 1 week since its a "new release" whats the point of having it for a week if its a 2 month workout... i dont know, but thats the bay ridge library policy
    Pretty cool that the library has it. Did not know they carried stuff like that.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information