Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 153203243250251252253254255256263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 23324
Like Tree9119Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I see that a little different from you. Only because this is still considered a competition I feel there's no brotherhood yet. Yeah, you can offer people advice and a little bit of help if they are lacking somewhere but there's people out there who's spot I would love to have. That's what makes me say, I hope people fail along the lines of this process. That's the whole point of a competitive list right? To see where others fail so that you can succeed. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wish you or anyone here the worst of the worst. But there's people who don't care about this job and those are the ones I would love to see fail. I know it sounds a little cutthroat and selfish but this is still considered a competition and I tend on playing to win.
    I don't want to Sound grimey neither but I think the same ..
    Specially those that don't want the job. Once I'm in the academy it's a different story ! Im as loyal I can be and the brotherhood would begin !!!
    Last edited by Dannyvale ; 10-29-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_X9iFmJ5M&sns=em

For those that really don't know what they getting into take, a look at this video
    Last edited by Dannyvale ; 10-29-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    We're cool. This is the point where we need to show the brotherhood.. If someone is lacking.. Offer to help, if someone has a problem offer a solution... "Let's go u got it" not " oh man I hope he screws up and fails". If we can't start now we won't in the academy
    Great post.

There are unfortunately a few IGM guys posting here, talking about hoping other people fail....but it seems like most people are with you on this, which is a good thing. It's one of those things, either you get it, or you don't.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    No issues bro.. People act like they are better suited for fdny then the next guy bc they aren't afraid of heights... But those same people might freak out when they put an scba on... Or when they see fire for the first time.. Shouldn't wish ill will on anyone.. Regardless of the reason or situation..
    Agreed, alot of recruits don't know what their weakness is cause they never actually done the job. i've seen people literally freakout and panic when going in a small dark space with gear on and have to go to a dept. pysch. Just because someone has a weakness exposed in the academy doesn't mean they can't recover and become a great FF. The academy is there for training you on how to manage in those situations.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

You guys in the city stay safe. It's already getting bad here in Delaware and we're not supposed to get it as bad
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

You long island guys be careful. A lot of flooding I'm seeing on the news.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

here is the height to weight scale

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 678
Size:  38.3 KB
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post

Attachment 22464
    so which column are we looking at? the 35% is circled but i thought it was 20%?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    so which column are we looking at? the 35% is circled but i thought it was 20%?
    im 99% sure its the 20% column
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

So are they enforcing that scale?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    So are they enforcing that scale?
    If you come in in shape but over the limit, they will pass you. The doctor makes the final call. But if you come in looking like a slob then they will tell you to lose the weight.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    If you come in in shape but over the limit, they will pass you. The doctor makes the final call. But if you come in looking like a slob then they will tell you to lose the weight.

Are you positive?? How do you know this?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Are you positive?? How do you know this?
    100% positive.... I know from my medical on the last test.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

The lady on facebook said they don't have a heigh to weight requirement. If the they do follow it, those weights are more than reasonable, assuming we are talking about the 20%.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    The lady on facebook said they don't have a heigh to weight requirement. If the they do follow it, those weights are more than reasonable, assuming we are talking about the 20%.
    Trust me, they follow it. It's not law.... More of a guideline. They aren't going to fail a guy who is ripped but over the limit. But, they will break out the chart if you are just heavy with no muscle tone.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

I see that a little different from you. Only because this is still considered a competition I feel there's no brotherhood yet. Yeah, you can offer people advice and a little bit of help if they are lacking somewhere but there's people out there who's spot I would love to have. That's what makes me say, I hope people fail along the lines of this process. That's the whole point of a competitive list right? To see where others fail so that you can succeed. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wish you or anyone here the worst of the worst. But there's people who don't care about this job and those are the ones I would love to see fail. I know it sounds a little cutthroat and selfish but this is still considered a competition and I tend on playing to win.
    I completely agree with you... Obviously it's a competition right now.. But you won't be taking my cpat, psych or medical for me...it's on me to pass those and get mg paperwork in line.. But that doesn't mean that if you know someone you can't offer some positive aids like hey put the joint down.. Try this workout etc.. I know that there's alot of positive vibes here but I just don't want anyone to get the attitude like I hope he fails..that's all

On a more serious note.. Hope all you NYC boys ar hunkered down.. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Cassano just called me on my cell and he told me the fire dept really needs me and they are gonna have a special class just for me. I am gonna get fitted for Class A's tom and get a helmet. Maybe I could put a good word in for you guys if you are nice to me.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Competition is about besting the guy next to you, not hoping he fails. I want to get on the job because I was the best candidate, not the result of process by elimination.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post

Attachment 22464
    I am 5' 6 and 143LBS. I am into bodybuilding so I just came off my first cut. Do I need to get to at least the Upper Limit to be considered or hit the 20% mark to play it safe. I am ripped, six pack and all and have muscle to show but I have shed a lot of fat off my body - that is why I am only 143 now. I would appreciate your reply. Thank you

Score 101
    List #1XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Competition is about besting the guy next to you, not hoping he fails. I want to get on the job because I was the best candidate, not the result of process by elimination.
    Competition is when you get to the academy and towards the end of the academy the instructors make everyone show their max reps for pull ups, sit ups, push-ups and fastest 1.5mile time. Who ever wins is awarded the fitness award and you get to chose what firehouse you want to go to. Oh man I can't wait for this!

EDIT : You know how good it must feel to say " I was the fittest in my class " !!! . Must be one o the greatest achievements you can get in my opinion. It would start your career with a BANG!
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-29-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    zachryw2001 and Ladders 4 like this.

Thread Information