Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 157207247254255256257258259260267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 24176
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I may go ahead and get one then. I spend dough like a f'n Rockefeller these days anyway, I don't see the difference. Thanks for the heads up...
    Want to buy a stairmaster for us to train Rockefeller ????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    We were told at CPAT training that you only do sit ups on the first and last day of the academy. And while abmat sit ups are different from what they test you on in the academy, if you can do 100+ abmat sit ups in a sitting then you'll be more than prepared.
    Did they mention any other types of workouts at the CPAT training that are good academy prep? My routine is getting a bit stale and I need some new ideas.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    They have a BA in fire science/ emergency... Figure I can collect the huge BAH check while commuting from here... Easier to save for LASIK.. Bc I know I'll need it.
    Do yourself a favor and don't bother with that type of degree. Get a business degree or something else. Set yourself up for a career after fire or a side career during firefighting. That degree won't help you get on any faster nor will it help you with promotions.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Interesting read.

http://campbelllawobserver.com/2012/...ing-practices/

The issue of granting retroactive seniority to candidates based on race and how that alone makes Garaufis' ruling impermissible since, if there are ever layoffs they would be effectively race based is a good point. Hope the second circuit court takes notice.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and don't bother with that type of degree. Get a business degree or something else. Set yourself up for a career after fire or a side career during firefighting. That degree won't help you get on any faster nor will it help you with promotions.

I'm just trying to not let my GI bill go to waste.. I have no interest in anything outside of the firefighting world..and I'm not going to go to school for something I dont want to do of what doesn't intrest me....I know the degree won't help me get hired here.. But the GI bill will pay me very well while I wait..

Forum Member

I'm just trying to not let my GI bill go to waste.. I have no interest in anything outside of the firefighting world..and I'm not going to go to school for something I dont want to do of what doesn't intrest me....I know the degree won't help me get hired here.. But the GI bill will pay me very well while I wait..
    Getting that degree would be a waste of your GI bill.

Forum Member

you don't have to pick a major right away.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    Getting that degree would be a waste of your GI bill.
    Not really.. My manager at the bank has a degree in criminal justice..but I'm not going to argue with you about it.. Thnx for your input.

Forum Member

I hope FD is making it a priority to ensure that they are only sending out equally diverse FDNY companies to help the people from the storm.
    BigGriffC12 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

On a more serious note.. If any of you guys would be interested in helping the broad channel volleys in queens let me know by PM. They lost 1 fire truck and both ambulances. My current chief is from queens.. And is doing a grass roots effort to help them.

Forum Member

Its funny how I see people from facebook talking about their list numbers, yet they outside NYC and claimed residency. I wonder how many people are gonna get away with faking residency and if they are gonna kick people totally off the list for it. Not saying they should but curious.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Its funny how I see people from facebook talking about their list numbers, yet they outside NYC and claimed residency. I wonder how many people are gonna get away with faking residency and if they are gonna kick people totally off the list for it. Not saying they should but curious.
    I'm pretty sure they are gonna be strict as hell on preference points. They don't want to chance anything with this list.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Hmmmm I got to train even harder
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1346628]I'm just trying to not let my GI bill go to waste.. I have no interest in anything outside of the firefighting world..and I'm not going to go to school for something I dont want to do of what doesn't intrest me....I know the degree won't help me get hired here.. But the GI bill will pay me very well while I wait..[/QUOTE
    You can use your GI bill starting in the academy with out going to school. It's considerd an apprentice program.

Forum Member

i know some one who is with in range (98) but claimed that he lived in the city but he is going to get bumped backed down to a 93 once they do 30 seconds of research

i have a feeling a lot of people are going to take CPAT once and never return or do the stair master once and fail and never retake it. a lot of people on this list don't really want the job to the point where they are willing to train everyday for it.
    Last edited by steven9d3; 11-03-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    zachryw2001 and Dannyvale like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    You can use your GI bill starting in the academy with out going to school. It's considerd an apprentice program.
    Sweet. I was hoping to be able to do just that. Do you happen to know how we go about it?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    i know some one who is with in range (98) but claimed that he lived in the city but he is going to get bumped backed down to a 93 once they do 30 seconds of research

i have a feeling a lot of people are going to take CPAT once and never return or do the stair master once and fail and never retake it. a lot of people on this list don't really want the job to the point where they are willing to train everyday for it.
    Did people really take the test and said ... I'm going to claim recidency and get the extra points .. Haha they won't find out ????

Forum Member

It's hard to imagine what went through their minds as they checked that. I'm sure some thought "well I live in the city now so **** it".

I feel bad, a friend of mine claimed it even though his living situation was.. unique enough that he was going to have a lot of trouble proving he actually lived here (a decommissioned ferry boat moored on Newtown Creek is most certainly in the city... just not really on the map). Unfortunately even with the points he scored far too low.

What sucks is they are going to waste everyone's time because they will only get discovered as they get brought in by candidate investigations and it becomes obvious that they don't have any proof of residency for that time. I kinda hope for the OC the first thing they do with candidates is bring them in for the preliminary get together with an investigator, to start to weed out people who lied about extra points, or age. It's a waste of everyone's time if they go into CPAT training and beyond when in reality they shouldn't be there at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's hard to imagine what went through their minds as they checked that. I'm sure some thought "well I live in the city now so **** it".

I feel bad, a friend of mine claimed it even though his living situation was.. unique enough that he was going to have a lot of trouble proving he actually lived here (a decommissioned ferry boat moored on Newtown Creek is most certainly in the city... just not really on the map). Unfortunately even with the points he scored far too low.

What sucks is they are going to waste everyone's time because they will only get discovered as they get brought in by candidate investigations and it becomes obvious that they don't have any proof of residency for that time. I kinda hope for the OC the first thing they do with candidates is bring them in for the preliminary get together with an investigator, to start to weed out people who lied about extra points, or age. It's a waste of everyone's time if they go into CPAT training and beyond when in reality they shouldn't be there at all.
    Very very true ... What's your friends score by the way if you don't mind me asking ?

Forum Member

I don't remember specifically, but low 90s.

Thread Information