Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 1166 FirstFirst ... 158208248255256257258259260261268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 23305
Like Tree9112Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #5141
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I don't remember specifically, but low 90s.
    With everything you seen and heard ... What list number you think they might reach up to ?


  2. #5142
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    With everything you seen and heard ... What list number you think they might reach up to ?
    You've mistaken me for a psychic. I have an understanding of the process, and (generally speaking) an understanding of how the department and DCAS should operate, but your guess is as good as mine. I think the EMS class will give us an idea of what the ratio will be, however differences between the list will make it unreliable. Just sit tight, exercise, and do some sort of education/training in the meantime.

    What's your #/score?

  3. #5143
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Not really.. My manager at the bank has a degree in criminal justice
    I think that helps my argument and hurts yours. When your manager was getting his criminal justice degree, did he want to eventually work in a bank? Or did he want to do something in criminal justice and it didn't work out?

  4. #5144
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    i know some one who is with in range (98) but claimed that he lived in the city but he is going to get bumped backed down to a 93 once they do 30 seconds of research
    As per the NOE, these people will not be "bumped down" to a lower grade. They are going to be completely removed from the list:

    "As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions."

    So that guy with the 103 that lied about his residency isn't going down to 98 and getting a 2nd chance to get hired later in the life of the list. He's gone for good, at least according to the NOE.
    FDNYPD and knicksh2o like this.

  5. #5145
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Here's hoping all of our on the job forum members are doing okay after some long days working through the storm.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  6. #5146
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Sweet. I was hoping to be able to do just that. Do you happen to know how we go about it?
    I dont get it? why would you guy spend your GI bill on the academy, what are you guys talking about?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #5147
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I dont get it? why would you guy spend your GI bill on the academy, what are you guys talking about?
    The GI Bill will pay you a living allowance. So it will be over an extra grand each month while in the academy.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  8. #5148
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Oh IMO not worth it. You will be getting paid in the academy, I know its not much, but that GI bill can be used down the road for something more expensive.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  9. #5149
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Oh IMO not worth it. You will be getting paid in the academy, I know its not much, but that GI bill can be used down the road for something more expensive.
    I think it will vary from person to person. Everyone is different and has different goals and things they want to accomplish. I personally have no interest in earning anything higher than a Bachelor's degree. Luckily for me, the State of IL is paying for that right now and I don't have to use my GI Bill now.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  10. #5150
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    I thought you could pass it down to your kids?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #5151
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I thought you could pass it down to your kids?
    You can and that was my goal but I don't meet any of the requirements for it unfortunately

    Any member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted) on or after August 1, 2009, who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, and:

    1. Has at least 6 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval and agrees to serve 4 additional years in the Armed Forces from the date of election.
    2. Has at least 10 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval, is precluded by either standard policy (Service or DoD) or statute from committing to 4 additional years, and agrees to serve for the maximum amount of time allowed by such policy or statute.
    3. Is or becomes retirement eligible during the period from August 1, 2009, through July 31, 2012, and agrees to serve an additional period of service in subparagraphs (a) through (d). A Service member is considered to be retirement eligible if he or she has completed 20 years of active Federal service or 20 qualifying years as computed pursuant to section 12732 of title 10 U.S.C. This will no longer be in effect on August 1, 2013, and on or after that date all members must comply with paragraphs 1 and 2.

    a. For individuals eligible for retirement on August 1, 2009, no additional service is

    b. For individuals eligible for retirement after August 1, 2009, and before August 1,

    c. For individuals eligible for retirement on or after August 1, 2010, and before

    d. For individuals eligible for retirement on or after August 1, 2011, and before

    4. Such transfer must be requested and approved while the member is in the Armed Forces.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  12. #5152
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    As per the NOE, these people will not be "bumped down" to a lower grade. They are going to be completely removed from the list:

    "As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions."

    So that guy with the 103 that lied about his residency isn't going down to 98 and getting a 2nd chance to get hired later in the life of the list. He's gone for good, at least according to the NOE.
    You didn't quote the entire thing

    Eligibilityfortheresidencycred itwillbeinvestigatedandverifie dbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork.

    Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.

    There going to bump people down not throw them off but I'm my friends cases it won't make a difference My friend going from a 98 to a 93 is basically getting thrown off because there never gonna reach him
    Last edited by steven9d3; 11-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.

  13. #5153
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    I would guess that most of those people would pretend they lived in NYC but just dont have the proper documentation. So I doubt they will be throwing people off unless they see fake documents or something.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 11-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  14. #5154
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I would guess that most of those people would pretend they lived in NYC but just dont have the proper documentation. So I doubt they will be throwing people off unless they see fake documents or something.
    I don't know. The guy with a drivers license, W-2 and bank statements that all say some address in Nassau County but he clicked yes for the residency credit and hoped he would get away with it - to me that's an intentional misrepresentation and should be dealt with accordingly.

    Perhaps they see an intentional misrepresentation as you have all the required documents because you use your aunt's address in NYC, but when the investigator goes to make a visit your aunt's neighbors all say they have never seen you there.

    Who knows, I guess we will find out eventually!
    zachryw2001 likes this.

  15. #5155
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I dont get it? why would you guy spend your GI bill on the academy, what are you guys talking about?
    your Gi bill will be dispersed through 3 years not just academy its extra money since u make nothing until top pay
    zachryw2001 likes this.

  16. #5156
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I don't know. The guy with a drivers license, W-2 and bank statements that all say some address in Nassau County but he clicked yes for the residency credit and hoped he would get away with it - to me that's an intentional misrepresentation and should be dealt with accordingly.

    Perhaps they see an intentional misrepresentation as you have all the required documents because you use your aunt's address in NYC, but when the investigator goes to make a visit your aunt's neighbors all say they have never seen you there.

    Who knows, I guess we will find out eventually!
    Yea no one knows for sure I think a lot of people in range are going to lose points or get kicked off because its going to be a lot harder to prove this time around

  17. #5157
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Wish everyone the best of luck
    Last edited by 2ndChancePete; 11-04-2012 at 01:39 AM.

  18. #5158
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    What's up fellas, I've been lurking this thread since its inception and I must say I've gotten a lot of good information from it so I figured it's about time I contribute any info I can.

    I actually went through my medical on 10/31 and I passed. Out of 11 guys (so few showed up bc of the hurricane) only 3 or 4 passed, and from what I've heard all the days that have followed have garnered a failure rate of more than %50. Hope you guys that are serious about this are doing what you can about your heart rate.

    My investigator also has everything they need, so as far as I know I'm only waiting for my CPAT date.

  19. #5159
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    How old are you now?
    Exam# 2500
    List# x<100

  20. #5160
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Medic View Post
    What's up fellas, I've been lurking this thread since its inception and I must say I've gotten a lot of good information from it so I figured it's about time I contribute any info I can.

    I actually went through my medical on 10/31 and I passed. Out of 11 guys (so few showed up bc of the hurricane) only 3 or 4 passed, and from what I've heard all the days that have followed have garnered a failure rate of more than %50. Hope you guys that are serious about this are doing what you can about your heart rate.

    My investigator also has everything they need, so as far as I know I'm only waiting for my CPAT date.
    thanks for the info are you expecting to be in the first class?

    also do you think the people that failed will be doing the retake?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 39 users browsing this thread. (12 members and 27 guests)

  1. 7andchange,
  2. Bassjunkie06,
  3. Blinkster,
  4. dem7191,
  5. dkjets75,
  6. k20dc2,
  7. MikeLarryM35,
  8. Mtac288,
  9. MuscleHamster,
  10. test2000

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts