Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

To all the jabronies on here complaining. Shut the f*ck up, put on your running shoes, and hit the pavement. Maybe when you get back there will be a package waiting for you.
    I3akdraf, frankp88 and mannyjay like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    To all the jabronies on here complaining. Shut the f*ck up, put on your running shoes, and hit the pavement. Maybe when you get back there will be a package waiting for you.
    We almost had 2 full pages of friendliness guys lol
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Default Hey all

Hey All,

Has anyone that took 2000 received anything other than their test score. Physical info or anything?

Forum Member

Default fd academy

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Do they split the class between the early session and the late session? Or does the entire class do 6-4 or 8-6 depending on the day?

That 6-4 must be brutal if you have a long commute. It might be worth it just to rent a room close by and give yourself the extra time to study/prepare for the next day.
    the shifts while at the academy are 10 hour days and 50 hours a week? Is that right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    the shifts while at the academy are 10 hour days and 50 hours a week? Is that right?
    I thought that's what someone mentioned previously, but that could just be for the people that are on remedial PT? I'm not sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Its something like 7-4 and 8:50 to 5:50. However.....what have we learned so far? On time is late! If they say 7, that means it starts at 7, but expect to be with your squad, ready and studying or whatever at 6.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Nope, not bummed at all because I actually know an EMT in the academy right now. Good to know we don't have pay for the issued gear (at least right away) unlike the NYPD. Although its entirely possible it was already deducted from their first paycheck already. They are already doing hands on stuff... He's studying all the material from the books this weekend. He has to learn to make several type of knots like the bowline, half hitches, clove hitch etc. They already repelled off a 6 story building. He said they about to go and do fire fighting simulations already. They spend the majority time outside in the sub freezing temps... I can only imagine how much that sucks. 18 people have already been dropped and it's not even February yet.

They don't ease you into things. It's intense, get mentally prepared to enter a world of suck and expect to be worked hard from day one.
    18 drops is very inaccurate, I don't know if you really got this number from your "friend" in the academy but if you did I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know anything since they so busy training. The number of official drops is still in the single digits, don't come here giving inaccurate information because it can be poisonous to the forum members.

CORRECTION : 3 more dropped today. So you can add those to my previous count.
    Last edited by Jukez; 01-28-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post

CORRECTION : 3 more dropped today. So you can add those to my previous count.
    reason(s)?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    reason(s)?
    I Can't say exactly why, just know that some drops don't necessarily have to be because of lack of physical fitness.

Forum Member

I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, donít deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They canít even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who canít make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?

And if they didn't get dropped based the phscially aspect of the training, more than likey it is from the psychological, l which is worse. .
    Last edited by almostthere; 01-28-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, don’t deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They can’t even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who can’t make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?

sooo......involved in any lawsuits lately?

Forum Member

I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, don’t deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They can’t even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who can’t make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?
    Oh man, you are not gonna find a lot of friends on this forum buddy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I remember when I was a little kid, this counselor was a real jerk and I couldn't make it through camp.

Be nice, almostthere...

Forum Member

And if they didn't get dropped based the phscially aspect of the training, more than likey it is from the psychological, l which is worse. .
    I wouldn't be surprised if you were involved in the lawsuit, your poor grammar gives it away.

Forum Member

You know...that awkward feeling you get, when at a party and someone shows up thats not really liked by alot people at said party and the music just stops...yeah sord of like that right now. Sooooooo umm any word on those packets??..lol
    Last edited by Gheech; 01-28-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

Camp eh? Maybe camp is what you should stick with.....the ACADEMY clearly isn't for you. As for who I'd like to work with; a "camp" drop out or some whiny dunce who couldn't get through the joke of a test on their own? The answer is NEITHER! Someone who fails to make the cut now is the same as someone who failed to make the cut in 1999 or 2002.
    ATFDFF and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Camp eh? Maybe camp is what you should stick with.....the ACADEMY clearly isn't for you. As for who I'd like to work with; a "camp" drop out or some whiny dunce who couldn't get through the joke of a test on their own? The answer is NEITHER! Someone who fails to make the cut now is the same as someone who failed to make the cut in 1999 or 2002.

Shame on you FDsouthbxNY to actually believe all of the potential candidates were not smart enough to pass the test given in 1999 and 2002. A substantial amount of us actually passed the test with a 90 Plus Also, how silly can one be to determine that the academy is not for one based on the misuse of a word (Camp, academy), whatever. Anyway, has anyone else been dropped since this morning?

Forum Member

Shame on you FDsouthbxNY to actually believe all of the potential candidates were not smart enough to pass the test given in 1999 and 2002. A substantial amount of us actually passed the test with a 90 Plus Also, how silly can one be to determine that the academy is not for one based on the misuse of a word (Camp, academy), whatever. Anyway, has anyone else been dropped since this morning?
    What you fail to comprehend, is that even though someone may have gotten what you consider to be a great score in the 80's or low 90's, this isn't an 8th grade geography quiz. This is a competitive exam that tens of thousands of people wait years and move states just to have a shot at. Getting a "passing" score and not having your list number reached doesn't mean you we're screwed or discriminated against, it means that THOUSANDS of people did better than you and deserve a shot first.

Also, its clear that you'd be the worst kind of candidate and team member since both your posts so far amount to schadenfreude at potential brothers failing.
    Last edited by River6019; 01-28-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

How were you discriminated against if you scored 90 plus? Either way is not about passing or failing, its about not putting in the effort necessary to score in hiring range, and then pulling the race card. It is truly unbelievable to me that there are so many people, especially those who are educated (i.e. federal judges), who believe the bs the Vulcans are screaming. I guess common sense really isn't that common, and neither is a basic general understanding of personal accountability.
    20xx

Forum Member

River6019, you continue to undermine the intelligences of black people I see. You still believe that the test takers in 1999-2002 were not capable of scoring 100 plus. Wait the plus was the extra credit points. Than you proceed to state this isnít the 8th grade geography quiz. Lol. Whatever makes you feel superior? I assume you are an educator, Philosopher since you scored a high mark on the test. Right, sure you are. Than you speak on brotherhood within the department, but continue to undermine and degrade candidates who are trying to join this brotherhood you are talking about.

I have no quarrels with the hiring process on my behalf when I took the test in 2002. I agree I did not score high enough on the exams due to the competiveness out there. Also, I am not yelling discrimination or that I was screwed based on the hiring tactics. My quarrel is the negative responses that are being put on individuals who have another opportunity on being hired as a firefighter, which we are taking full advantage of.
    I understand most of you guys frustration, but do you really expect that we are going to allow an opportunity like this pass us by. HELL NO!!

Forum Member

No sir, shame on you! I'm more than well aware that you may have passed the exam. THOUSANDS of people passed, however they didn't do well enough to be hired. That's the breaks! Thousands of people did better than you and are now firefighters. You got the same fair shot that all of us did, some of us just performed better for whatever reason. Maybe they studied harder than you?! The fact is, some perform well enough to be hired and some do not. How come a select few get a second chance a decade later? What about the non-minorities who didn't make the cut? I guess they were just stupid while everyone in the "select" class was discriminated against? Please, tell me how.

You'll have a hard time finding a NYC firefighter who cares one bit about the race, color, creed or orientation of the next proby who comes through the door. I don't care if that person is a green asexual martian who worships Jupiter. I don't care as long as that person made the cut, the same cut that everyone else made. I'd bet the farm that my co-workers of Latino or African American decent share the same feelings I do, that we're all here, all firefighters together. All of us got here the same way under the same circumstances. The idea that this city OWES you or anyone else anything is a joke!

Stop buying the Vulcan Society's racist rhetoric. We need to all put the race card back in our pockets and treat everyone the same, which is how the hiring process has been for decades!

This isn't children's T-Ball, not everyone gets a trophy. This is the real deal, there are winners and losers. Sorry you had to fall into the latter category, but you had the same opportunity that all of us had.

With any luck, the Second Circuit Court will see justice done and not allow for the hiring of those in this nonsense "preferential" category, nor will the city pay anyone money they don't deserve and certainly didn't earn!

Forum Member

I have no quarrels with the hiring process on my behalf when I took the test in 2002. I agree I did not score high enough on the exams due to the competiveness out there. Also, I am not yelling discrimination or that I was screwed based on the hiring tactics. My quarrel is the negative responses that are being put on individuals who have another opportunity on being hired as a firefighter, which we are taking full advantage of.
    I understand most of you guys frustration, but do you really expect that we are going to allow an opportunity like this pass us by. HELL NO!!
    Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.
    20xx

Forum Member

I'm very glad to read this and I understand that you wouldn't want to allow this opportunity to go by. However, I assume then that you can understand the frustration of those of us who were successful on the 2002 exam, which I was. I had no extra points, no residency, no legacy or vet credit. As far as I'm concerned, we were on a level playing field. How would you feel if you were me and someone who was not as successful was going to be awarded the job, back-pay and retroactive seniority. These are all things that I've spent the better part of a decade earning.

Again, while I understand the desire not to allow a second chance to pass you by, you must understand the stigma that comes from that second chance. Not everyone was equally afforded that second chance. That was determined by one's race and that's no way to eliminate racism, something that we all agree needs to be eliminated.

Forum Member

Guys don't get worked up. Something tells me is just someone from the forum looking for a good laugh.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

I agree the ones who passed but didn’t score high enough to be hired are on them. I speak for the ones that scored just as high as you and others but were not chosen. I also speak for the ones who have a second chance and are going to take advantage of this opportunity. Too a certain extent I agree with you guys argument but am dumfounded by the comments in here. You guys are really showing your anger in a negative way. You guys are pretty much stating that we are incompetent, that we are going to lower the standards within the fire department, that you guys have no desire to work side by side with us. Lol Come on, what makes you a better fire fighter that I or anyone else who has a second chances of becoming one. Better yet, let me re phrase it since I sound like an egotistical person with all the I’s, in this forum. What makes you think I will not be successful working side by side with you while given my all to help, protect and treat you as a family member. Not just me but anyone who has a second chance of providing their services to the community, etc.

Thread Information