Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 163213253260261262263264265266273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 24132
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I think once the first class or 2 go through we will have a good idea about when those of us further down the list will be called..after the first class goes through the ratio should grow due to people moving on, losing intrest etc. first list should be 1-3, but by the 3rd or 4th class should be like 1-4 or 1-5. But to make a guess now would be a little too soon..
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I hope your wrong lol
    I would love to take a gander at these "293" fellas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How many classes total? 8?
    Oh I have no clue lol. Should be atleast 8 though if they want to hire 2400
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

so classes are gonna be 6 months.
    Does any one think they will start using 5 men again?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

so classes are gonna be 6 months.
    Does any one think they will start using 5 men again?
    Classes are going to be 20 weeks.

Reviving the 5th man would be amazing for people towards the bottom of the eligible range, since that would greatly increase their staffing needs. HOWEVER, I think it's something that has to be negotiated between the city and the union.

Forum Member

Crazy to think after all this time since the first 6019 class that its still gonna take so long to get the ball rolling.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Crazy to think after all this time since the first 6019 class that its still gonna take so long to get the ball rolling.
    Pretty sure that's why they started processing 2500 before they even released the results. The city is slow in these kinds of things, even when it's trying to move quickly. Honestly they could process a million people in 1-2 months if it wasn't for the CPAT training program that they have to offer. It's a process though to do that, and everything else for nearly 1000 people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Pretty sure that's why they started processing 2500 before they even released the results. The city is slow in these kinds of things, even when it's trying to move quickly. Honestly they could process a million people in 1-2 months if it wasn't for the CPAT training program that they have to offer. It's a process though to do that, and everything else for nearly 1000 people.

Are they offering the training program on various days and times this go around again? My schedule is *** backwards these days...

Forum Member

whats up everybody I have a question about the whole proof of residency thing... It says you need 12 months worth of bills (gas, cable, electric etc.) prior to July 1st 2011... But none of those bills are in my name... Does that matter or no? Anybody know how that works? I scored pretty well but I would hate to see those points go
    Last edited by WTRBG; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: adding something

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Are they offering the training program on various days and times this go around again? My schedule is *** backwards these days...
    You mean the CPAT training?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    You mean the CPAT training?

Indeed. They did last time right? Or is my memory shot?

Forum Member

Can anyone give me the details about the weight to height requirements? I heard some people mention them but I can not find any details about this.

I am worried about this because I am very skinny for my height. I may not weigh enough.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Can anyone give me the details about the weight to height requirements? I heard some people mention them but I can not find any details about this.

I am worried about this because I am very skinny for my height. I may not weigh enough.
    This was posted a few pages back. Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Indeed. They did last time right? Or is my memory shot?
    Yeah they did - I am pretty sure (not positive) they did night sessions during the weekdays. Curious when those notices will be going out because that will be the real tell of when they plan on distributing CPATs to 2000.

Forum Member

So I take it with the weight to height requirement, it is only a problem if you are too heavy?
    You basically can not be too skinny and light weight?

MembersZone Subscriber

So I take it with the weight to height requirement, it is only a problem if you are too heavy?
    I don't think so but maybe someone OTJ could confirm.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Don't worry about being underweight. I was 145 at 6'2 when I passed my medical back in 08'. I do suggest you try and put on some weight because it gets a bit hard trying to force doors open and pushing stuff when you are so light. I'm about 170 now and it feels perfect IMO.

Forum Member

M-F 1800-2200, Saturday I think 0800-1200, 1300-1700. We had to sign up for 1 session a week, and were told we could only go to that session each week, due to there being way too many people. Since attendance has started dropping off they relaxed the rules a bit. The training is good, however it's mainly to practice technique and see where you're at. It's not a substitute for a work out though.

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post
    whats up everybody I have a question about the whole proof of residency thing... It says you need 12 months worth of bills (gas, cable, electric etc.) prior to July 1st 2011... But none of those bills are in my name... Does that matter or no? Anybody know how that works? I scored pretty well but I would hate to see those points go
    What do you mean they aren't in your name? You aren't proving someone else's residency, you need to prove your own.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    M-F 1800-2200, Saturday I think 0800-1200, 1300-1700. We had to sign up for 1 session a week, and were told we could only go to that session each week, due to there being way too many people. Since attendance has started dropping off they relaxed the rules a bit. The training is good, however it's mainly to practice technique and see where you're at. It's not a substitute for a work out though.
    Man for some reason I am getting my facts a little mixed up. To end my confusion, can you please give me the process from your called list number to the academy. Just been hearing a ton of different things in different places about the duration of the CPAT training(in weeks), CPAT practices and test, medical eval, background, etc... Not to mention which order they all go in and which parts are mandatory. I know you're busy, but if you can straighten it all up for me I'd appreciate it.
    "If it kills you to do your best, then I'll get the shovel."
    #7XX

Forum Member

Can anyone shed some light on the background investigation? I've heard so many things idk what to believe. I've heard that its the hardest part (just like the NYPD), that the simplest thing (like a parking ticket or just 1 summons) will DQ you, and thats the part of the process most ppl fail. But I've also heard that its nowhere as strict as the NYPD, that the physical parts of the process are the hardest and where most ppl fail, and that the background check only checks what you have done since you took the test or that at the very least it takes a lot to DQ someone for a background. I apologize for any confusion this post may cause I know it's a lot lol just trying to clear up a lot of confusing info ppl have told me. Thanks so much in advance.

Thread Information