Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Shame on you FDsouthbxNY to actually believe all of the potential candidates were not smart enough to pass the test given in 1999 and 2002. A substantial amount of us actually passed the test with a 90 Plus Also, how silly can one be to determine that the academy is not for one based on the misuse of a word (Camp, academy), whatever. Anyway, has anyone else been dropped since this morning?
    I reserve my opinion on whether the priority hiring list should be allowed or not to the courts because it's their expertise to declare justice on such matter after evaluating the arguments and evidence of both parities very closely. One can't simply give an unbiased reasoning on this forum about what is legal or illegal about the FDNY's previous exams based on New York's employment and discrimination laws.

On the other hand is there any updates on the 293 list? Are they yet to establish a priority hiring list based on the exam scores? Does it seem like most candidates are looking to apply for the job or just settle for the monetary awards?

Forum Member

River6019, you continue to undermine the intelligences of black people I see. You still believe that the test takers in 1999-2002 were not capable of scoring 100 plus. Wait the plus was the extra credit points. Than you proceed to state this isn’t the 8th grade geography quiz. Lol. Whatever makes you feel superior? I assume you are an educator, Philosopher since you scored a high mark on the test. Right, sure you are. Than you speak on brotherhood within the department, but continue to undermine and degrade candidates who are trying to join this brotherhood you are talking about.

I have no quarrels with the hiring process on my behalf when I took the test in 2002. I agree I did not score high enough on the exams due to the competiveness out there. Also, I am not yelling discrimination or that I was screwed based on the hiring tactics. My quarrel is the negative responses that are being put on individuals who have another opportunity on being hired as a firefighter, which we are taking full advantage of.
    I understand most of you guys frustration, but do you really expect that we are going to allow an opportunity like this pass us by. HELL NO!!
    Wow, it took you literally 3 posts to play the race card, congrats. And for the record I've NEVER claimed blacks are any less capable or intelligent than any other group. Its your friends the Vulcans who take that stance.

What this all amounts to is you feel entitled to something you haven't earned and are fine with getting hired based on the color of your skin and not you own personal merit. On top of that you are actively rooting for people in the current class to fail (which has its own level of stupidity since it doesn't even benefit you).

Here's hoping the second circuit court overturns this ruling and you never see the inside of an academy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

has anyone completed both the NYPD academy and the FDNY academy? Which did you find harder?

Forum Member

Niners or Ravens?
    coldblood92 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Hey all,

I thought I posted something last night, but I don't see it, so I'm gonna ask my question again. Have any 2000 exam candidates received physical info in the mail yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_hartman View Post
    Hey all,

I thought I posted something last night, but I don't see it, so I'm gonna ask my question again. Have any 2000 exam candidates received physical info in the mail yet?
    No. You can read back a few pages to confirm.

Forum Member

My buddy who is on the second half of the promo list was told the tentative start date of his academy class is June 24th. Not trying to start the rumor mill, just passing along info from a pretty reliable source.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    has anyone completed both the NYPD academy and the FDNY academy? Which did you find harder?
    From second hand info:

There is a great deal of information that is taught in a classroom environment while at the NYPD Academy. They are both difficult in their own way. The FDNY Academy is going to be far more physical than the NYPD, which probably presents a more difficult academic curriculum.

Forum Member

I agree the ones who passed but didn’t score high enough to be hired are on them. I speak for the ones that scored just as high as you and others but were not chosen. I also speak for the ones who have a second chance and are going to take advantage of this opportunity. Too a certain extent I agree with you guys argument but am dumfounded by the comments in here. You guys are really showing your anger in a negative way. You guys are pretty much stating that we are incompetent, that we are going to lower the standards within the fire department, that you guys have no desire to work side by side with us. Lol Come on, what makes you a better fire fighter that I or anyone else who has a second chances of becoming one. Better yet, let me re phrase it since I sound like an egotistical person with all the I’s, in this forum. What makes you think I will not be successful working side by side with you while given my all to help, protect and treat you as a family member. Not just me but anyone who has a second chance of providing their services to the community, etc.
    Dude, no one scored as high as anyone who is currently on the job, but "wasn't chosen". There is not choosing! If you score high enough and they reach your number, you are offered the job. If you scored high enough, but didn't get hired it was because you failed the Psych, the Medical or you did not have the proper college credits, ect. There is no CHOOSING, there is no room in the process for subjectivity.

No one here has hatred towards you or any individual who is on this priority hire list. This isn't personal, this is principal. None of the applicants on the Priority Hire list scored as well as those who were hired. So, while your intentions might be pure and you want to do the job, it's too late. You had your shot and it didn't work out. The animosity comes from the fact that you and a select group, chosen by race, are getting a second chance. A second chance that someone like me wouldn't be getting if I hadn't scored within hiring range.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have no quarrels with the hiring process on my behalf when I took the test in 2002. I agree I did not score high enough on the exams due to the competiveness out there. Also, I am not yelling discrimination or that I was screwed based on the hiring tactics. My quarrel is the negative responses that are being put on individuals who have another opportunity on being hired as a firefighter, which we are taking full advantage of.
    I understand most of you guys frustration, but do you really expect that we are going to allow an opportunity like this pass us by. HELL NO!!
    Didn't score high enough due to the competitiveness out there????
    You didn't score high enough on the 2002 test because you are most likely an imbecile.
    That was the EASIEST written exam I had ever taken.
    The answers were literally right in front of you.
    The math was laughable (8 questions in all). One where you had to figure that 1/4 of a $1 was 25 cents.

A second chance at something that practically NO ONE with any education level has any excuse for failing is appalling.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    No sir, shame on you!

Stop buying the Vulcan Society's racist rhetoric. We need to all put the race card back in our pockets and treat everyone the same, which is how the hiring process has been for decades!

This isn't children's T-Ball, not everyone gets a trophy. This is the real deal, there are winners and losers. Sorry you had to fall into the latter category, but you had the same opportunity that all of us had.
    Better yet. We need to throw out the whole race card out with the trash.

Forum Member

I have friends in NYPD and Corrections

They have the lowest physical standards known to man. NYPD might be slightly higher than correction standards. FDNY being the "creme de la creme" in terms of physical fitness.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #17XX

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree the ones who passed but didn’t score high enough to be hired are on them. I speak for the ones that scored just as high as you and others but were not chosen. I also speak for the ones who have a second chance and are going to take advantage of this opportunity. Too a certain extent I agree with you guys argument but am dumfounded by the comments in here. You guys are really showing your anger in a negative way. You guys are pretty much stating that we are incompetent, that we are going to lower the standards within the fire department, that you guys have no desire to work side by side with us. Lol Come on, what makes you a better fire fighter that I or anyone else who has a second chances of becoming one. Better yet, let me re phrase it since I sound like an egotistical person with all the I’s, in this forum. What makes you think I will not be successful working side by side with you while given my all to help, protect and treat you as a family member. Not just me but anyone who has a second chance of providing their services to the community, etc.
    You had your chance. Riding the coattails of a lawsuit is not the way to try and make up for losing out.

It is a sad fact of life. You try and sometimes fail.

And here is the important part: You move on.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 01-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Yes, all us veterans that are at the top of the list should be moved to the bottom because we were all lying...
    No I said "(not all)" obviously I am not stupid enough to say anything about veterans and Legacy etc with a straight face nor would want to do so.
    Unless we all take a statistics class together and have serious transparency, it would be hard to articulate. I think FFBAM made it pretty clear as did FDsouthBX.
    Some people will make it to the top no matter what, deservingly, because they had the skill , but some got screwed out of a few points by not being familiar with last section, which was kept a secret to some to blunt cognitive skills by the vulcans and PSI. A few points went a long way and SOME results are blurred. Right under the vets and very top scorers people were screwed using statical shenanigans. I find it hard to believe you really thought I was referring to vets or legacy or EMS or deserving people in general, but point noted.

It is what it is, hopefully in a few years I will have a fair chance prove my self. Good luck you and the rest of the Veterans ,EMS, legacy and every one else at the very top, because you obviously did well and deserved your score. Some scored badly on the first sections and the last sections put them above some and thats what we find to be the problem. I am repeating myself and rambling now, so I will just wait it out as plenty of info is surfacing on this forum.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I completed the NYPD academy and hope to complete the FDNY academy in the very near future one thing I can say is that the forums regarding both are equally as amusing w clowns and misinformation. People on forums said it was this it was that you really gotta see how it is for yourself but noone should enter being out o shape or not mentally ready. The NYPD academy is less intense physically that's the only major difference I know for sure... Hardest prt for me was waking up and staying awake. Bottom line just like the fdny academy I imagine the majority of the ppl dropping the first month that's how it was for us. It's a lifestyle change that many people realize after a short time is not a lifestyle they want or they get intimidated by a para military organization as someone w zero military experience I actually preferred the take no shi$ mindset from supv and no excuses as a recruit or a probie. Now I'm just rambling I don't post much but I read everything that's probably why
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Way to go guy claiming the race card who helped the city make the most easiest test to man after 2002, who also now shows we cannot have transperancy. Without you're imput we'd have merit on the job. Slow clap for you sir, slow clap.

Considering all the efforts both the department and city have done for minority recruitment, nothing is more upsetting than seeing comments like this that are both uninformed and lacking any logical thought. Remember that it is DCAS a predominantly black organization that runs hiring for the FDNY and to think they would want to keep their own out? Remember the 1970's with their quotas, the 80's with the Vulcans issues supplying insider info, the 90's with 2million spent on minority recruiting, 9/11 with the biggest hiring pool in history, 2000 with the subtraction of outside CFR-D training, and now with the demise of merit testing and the promotion of points.

But it all points to a conspiracy to keep blacks and hispanics off the job. Maybe, just maybe they don't want it in the first place, or maybe just maybe, they didn't have high enough scores in a competitive environment to get on? Truly the race card is the easiet to play, and sadly only works for a few considering that Asian, Arabs, South Asians, Native Americans, and Eskimos are more underrepresented at city government levels.
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 01-29-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Way to go guy claiming the race card who helped the city make the most easiest test to man after 2002, who also now shows we cannot have transparence. Without you're imput we'd have merit on the job. Slow clap for you sir, slow clap.

Considering all the efforts both the department and city have done for minority recruitment, nothing is more upsetting than seeing comments like this that are both uninformed and lacking any logical thought. Remember that it is DCAS a predominantly black organization that runs hiring for the FDNY and to think they would want to keep their own out? Remember the 1970's with their quotas, the 80's with the Vulcans issues supplying insider info, the 90's with 2million spent on minority recruiting, 9/11 with the biggest hiring pool in history, 2000 with the subtraction of outside CFR-D training, and now with the demise of merit testing and the promotion of points.

But it all points to a conspiracy to keep blacks and hispanics off the job. Maybe, just maybe they don't want it in the first place, or maybe just maybe, they didn't have high enough scores in a competitive environment to get on? Truly the race card is the easiet to play, and sadly only works for a few considering that Asian, Arabs, South Asians, Native Americans, and Eskimos are more underrepresented at city government levels.
    Easiest test known to man and you can't make it within hiring range....smh
    GIMMEFIRE600 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    No Grok, if your going to quote the man, at least quote the man correctly. It was the "MOST EASIEST test."
    mocon337 and grok350 like this.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXbAJjMxM
    grok350 likes this.
    20xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    No Grok, if your going to quote the man, at least quote the man correctly. It was the "MOST EASIEST test."
    Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to STFU.
    You aren't seeing the big picture here at all.
    And when a guy fights your fight for you, you can only pick out he didn't score high enough to be hired.
    So pick up DJ's torch and make things right rather than be the g-d frakking skells you are showing yourselves to be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to STFU.
    You aren't seeing the big picture here at all.
    And when a guy fights your fight for you, you can only pick out he didn't score high enough to be hired.
    So pick up DJ's torch and make things right rather than be the g-d frakking skells you are showing yourselves to be.
    I really appreciate your IMPUT bam. I will do my best to make the situation MORE BETTER.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

This thread is getting out of hand. We losing focus on what the thread is meant for.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the 2500 guys had to take the psych exam? I'm asking because i'm curious if they are going to compare the way you answer the psych questions with the way you answered the questions on the personality part of the exam.
    20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    This thread is getting out of hand. We losing focus on what the thread is meant for.

agree 100%. This thread is turning to sh.it. If we're supposed to pick up where the 2043 and 6019's threads left off and help each other out/pass along info, with the way things are going who wants to do that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2500 guys had to take the psych exam? I'm asking because i'm curious if they are going to compare the way you answer the psych questions with the way you answered the questions on the personality part of the exam.
    That's the sense I'm getting dude. But then again who knows. The personality part of the test should only have been to serve that purpose, being used later on the in the process to sort out bs. But that's not the feeling I'm getting.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information