Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 165215255262263264265266267268275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 22881
Like Tree8991Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What type of military discharge will disqualify you from being hired? Anyone have any info on that?
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

I believe dishonorable.. Maybe less then honorable too. I got an honorable so I never even thought about it..
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    What do you mean they aren't in your name?
    I mean I still live at home so I'm not paying those bills you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You aren't proving someone else's residency, you need to prove your own.
    Right... So will other paperwork suffice? I'm 24 and have been in and out of school the past 2-3 years, and on scholarship while in school so I haven't been paying any bills.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post

Right... So will other paperwork suffice? I'm 24 and have been in and out of school the past 2-3 years, and on scholarship while in school so I haven't been paying any bills.
    You need to have the listed paper work in the notice of exam in your name to prove you live in the city

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    You need to have the listed paper work in the notice of exam in your name to prove you live in the city
    actually i am not 100% sure you do...The mortgage and the w-2 deff need to be in your name, but as for the others you may be able to use pops and what not..it does need to be 100% bull****-free though.
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What was it for? anything violent. If not I would guess you would be Good.
    At first yeah. It was blown out of proportion and the facts weren't straightened out. Oh well, if it's meant to be it'll be

Even though I put down my home of record as my place in Queens, my place of accession into the Navy was California and apparently MEPS changed my home of record to California before I left because when I was at boot camp the life insurance people had it as Cali even though any form I ever filled out I put NY and I have a NY license. Wonder if thats gonna be a hassle for me.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Even though I put down my home of record as my place in Queens, my place of accession into the Navy was California and apparently MEPS changed my home of record to California before I left because when I was at boot camp the life insurance people had it as Cali even though any form I ever filled out I put NY and I have a NY license. Wonder if thats gonna be a hassle for me.
    A friend of mine OTJ had sort of the same issue. Don't want to get your hopes down but they took his 5 points off. Maybe they were being too picky for HIM but he was list 3Xx and got bumped up to 2XXX cause of it. Make sure you get all your papers ready to prove anything and everything though dude. Hope everything turns out good for you.

Regardless with 104 you will be most likely in the first class either way. Don't worry about it bro.
    Last edited by Jukez; 11-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    A friend of mine OTJ had sort of the same issue. Don't want to get your hopes down but they took his 5 points off. Maybe they were being too picky for HIM but he was list 3Xx and got bumped up to 2XXX cause of it. Make sure you get all your papers ready to prove anything and everything though dude. Hope everything turns out good for you.

Regardless with 104 you will be most likely in the first class either way. Don't worry about it bro.
    Thanks for the reply. Im still active duty so it's not like I even have to be in the first class but yea that would **** me off a little bit. I guess I'll have to speak to the military liason and see what they have to say.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    actually i am not 100% sure you do...The mortgage and the w-2 deff need to be in your name, but as for the others you may be able to use pops and what not..it does need to be 100% bull****-free though.
    Most people on this list don't own a home and how would using our fathers gas bill prove you live there?
    Either way most people claiming they live in the city should have w-2 forms, bank statements and CC bills

MembersZone Subscriber

Pretty sure if its not in YOUR name, they won't accept it. They are going to have to go by the NOE very strictly this time. Don't think they can afford not too.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

The NOE is pretty specific, and its also pretty flexible in my opinion. You don't need to own a home and have a mortgage or even have the cable and electric in your name. Even if you live with your parents, don't you have a bank account? A credit card? A cellphone? Did you file taxes? I'd go out on a limb to say that most adults living in NYC in a given year could scrounge up plenty more than the minimum three from the required list. It also makes it fairer than the process has been in the past by making it harder for people to cheat on residency credit.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post

It says on the NOE that they will accept other bills given special situations, meaning if your school has your address on file as the city address then bills/other mailings from them might suffice. Still, bank accounts, credit cards? Student loans?

They may take your parents stuff along with some other supporting documents, but start getting all the documentation you can now, because its not going to get easier to retrieve that stuff the more time passes.
    WTRBG likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Considering one of the Vulcan's arguments against the FDNY and the past processes, it would be sort of hypocritical wouldn't you say? If they hire these folks and do not hire other candidates then it's back to the courtroom so I'd say the FDNY will be pretty strict enforcing this or so I hope.

Also for all of you considering eye procedures, hold up right now as the department is looking at removing any sight reqs. I will not reveal my source but let the process continue before all of you start rushing for something you might not need.
    Not asking for the source but is it credible? And please let us know more about this if you learn something new. I actually had my appointment last week but that bitch Sandy cancelled it. I haven't rescheduled yet but I guess I will wait until I hear more about these new circumstances.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Requiring people to get corrective surgery that costs thousands of dollars would probably boot a good handful of those 293 out.. As well as some on the OC list.. Me personally, I'd sell my body if worst came to worst..

Happy Veterans Day to all you guys out there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow veterans!
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

I understand you not wanting to give up your source on the eye requirements but can you give me a little bit more I'm schedules to get LASIK 2 weeks from now and my vision is just missin the 20/40 uncorrected req but would rather go 4gs in the whole than miss the opportunity at my dream job. Maybe you can shed a little more light on what you heard and what have EMS guys goin thru the process encountered in terms of vision req?
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

On the subject of LASIK / LASEK, etc. I am also going in for my eval this coming week. Going to see Dr. Chynn, one of the more respected practitioners in NYC - http://www.parkavenuelasek.com . He's done the procedure for literally dozens of firefighters. While we do not yet qualify for the price break he offers to those OTJ, there is a price break for groups. Anyone who is serious about getting this done in the next several months please drop me a line and we can figure something out…

I'd also love to hear from the EMS guys on 2500 what the vision part of the medical eval was like. Thanks guys.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Did they indicate any time when they might reveal this information ? I'm going for the Lasik consultation this Tuesday and would likely schedule the procedure for some time early next year. I would love to get Lasik in general but if I could put it off until I was making a little more money I would prefer that.
    Not as of right now, I'd say right before they start calling off of the open competitive.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Default Vision correction

For guys/gals worried about vision correction, as of now don't worry. You guys have a whole lot of hurdles ahead of you. Hell, the first guy on this list has plenty of time for vision correction, take your time guys/gals. Just worry about cpat and paperwork, in which, I think is more of a royal pain in the @$$. Get all your ducks in a row as far as paper work goes and worry about LASIK after you pass the cpat. That's just my best advice, take your time as of right now.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Thread Information