Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 167217257264265266267268269270277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 22839
Like Tree8974Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    If I'm going to the court to postpone jury duty this week, do you guys think I should just pick up my summons copy for background? I'm at #21xx. Figured I could kill two birds with one stone and start gathering the pain in the *** paperwork now.
    no, don't get it. They may request a report with a date of print closer to the date of your meeting with your investigator. Wait until our asked so you do not waste your time.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Anything but an Honorable and its NO JOB!!!!!!
    I am not sure that's true. You need an Honorable for it to qualify as work experience or for Veteran's Credit, and a Dishonorable disqualifies you. However, I have not found anywhere that you are DQ'ed for other discharges (Other Than Honorable, General, etc).
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I am not sure that's true. You need an Honorable for it to qualify as work experience or for Veteran's Credit, and a Dishonorable disqualifies you. However, I have not found anywhere that you are DQ'ed for other discharges (Other Than Honorable, General, etc).
    Agree with you. If you claim veterans points you need a honorable. If you don't claim them then it shouldn't matter what you have. It would be like being DQd for being fired from any other job.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Agree with you. If you claim veterans points you need a honorable. If you don't claim them then it shouldn't matter what you have. It would be like being DQd for being fired from any other job.
    Wait are you suggesting that one can be DQ'd for being fired from a job in the past? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    no, don't get it. They may request a report with a date of print closer to the date of your meeting with your investigator. Wait until our asked so you do not waste your time.
    I disagree. Get it. The disposition date on the charge is what is important, not necessarily the printout date of the document. Since you'll already be there, I'd get it - it's probably somewhere between free and five bucks. It doesn't hurt to have that stuff in your records, anyway. If your investigator wants a new one, deal with that then. At least you'll go to your interview prepared.
    List # 53X

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Wait are you suggesting that one can be DQ'd for being fired from a job in the past? Or am I reading that incorrectly?
    Probably worded that wrong. I was trying to say that if you have a Dishonorable, bad conduct discharge or general under honorable then you should not be eligible for veterans credit but should still be eligible for appointment.

I was trying to compare it to being fired from a job. If you were fired from a job that doesn't DQ you from appointment.

My main point was that only honorably discharged veterans should be eligible for veterans credit. Sorry for any misunderstanding
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Well you do have to give in your reference numbers to your recent job history. So they will contact them and ask them questions about you, so I'm sure if you got fired for a bad reason it does play a bit of part in your investigation.
    Last edited by Jukez; 11-13-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone from exam 2000 heard anything from DCAS?

Forum Member

Probably worded that wrong. I was trying to say that if you have a Dishonorable, bad conduct discharge or general under honorable then you should not be eligible for veterans credit but should still be eligible for appointment.

I was trying to compare it to being fired from a job. If you were fired from a job that doesn't DQ you from appointment.

My main point was that only honorably discharged veterans should be eligible for veterans credit. Sorry for any misunderstanding

Haha gotcha, no problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Well you do have to give in your reference numbers to your recent job history. So they will contact then and ask them questions about you, so I'm sure if you got fired for a bad reason it does play a bit of part in your investigation.
    What is it, the past 5 years right? That is the SS earnings report they request, yeah?

Forum Member

To clarify - if you have received a Dishonorable discharge you are NOT eligible for appointment. Same as a felony conviction - just read the NOE. However, there are different classes of discharge, not just Honorable and Dishonorable.
    List # 53X

Forum Member

You can be DQ'd for being fired a few years ago?
    Are they like only looking for angels and bubble boys?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Had my medical yesterday 70 candidates and only 8 passed. Some of the failures will have a second go but many were disqualified. Doctors are serious.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    Had my medical yesterday 70 candidates and only 8 passed. Some of the failures will have a second go but many were disqualified. Doctors are serious.
    Oh wow. First off, congrats.
    Can you give us some more information on the test. Did they all fail the treadmill heart rate portion or was it some other aspect of the medical? Also where these guys out of shape or something?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Haha gotcha, no problem...

What is it, the past 5 years right? That is the SS earnings report they request, yeah?
    Quite honestly I don't remember since I was 19 when I was going through my investigation and I had only one prior job. But I'm sure that they will ask for 5 years the LEAST if not more.

EDIT: sorry for the typos, writing from my cell is a battle with autospelling lol
    Last edited by Jukez; 11-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    You can be DQ'd for being fired a few years ago?
    Are they like only looking for angels and bubble boys?
    I have no experience with the FDNY process but in PD processes it depends on why you were fired. Why would any agency want to hire a guy whom they find out in a background investigation has been fired from 2 jobs for showing up late or calling in sick a lot? If you can't show up for those jobs what makes them think that "oh, once we hire him he'll change his ways and show up early everyday."

Forum Member

Why don't you guys who are curious about military related things call the liaison? No point in speculating, its not gonna ease your mind or give you an answer.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Not for nothing but I bet any of you guys with **** list numbers would take that opportunity if it was offered to you, I know I would if I was in their position. Just because someone might end up benefiting from the Vulcan lawsuit doesn't mean they agree with it or care. They also were not the ones who decided the city should have 293 priority hires, that was our friend the judge.

While it'll be a pretty sweet package for the guys who get that, I feel bad for them in a way because they will have to prove themselves quite a bit more than regular candidates, due to the stigma.
    Feel bad for them? Come on guy......f$&k all of them. They'll be treated with a stigma because they're bags of ***** who couldn't see fit to prepare for an easy bull**** exam and then they cried about its fairness.
    River6019 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Why don't you guys who are curious about military related things call the liaison? No point in speculating, its not gonna ease your mind or give you an answer.
    I could care less lol. I got my honorable so I know I'm good.
    BigGriffC12 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    What were they getting disqualified for? How many approximately failed the heart rate test? Thanks for any info.

BTW congrats on passing!!
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

anybody did there medical yet know how strict they are about joint injuries had my acl reconstructed 4 years ago but knee is 100% hopefully this wouldn't be a issue
    01-13

Thread Information