Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #6651
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    List #xx - email

  2. #6652
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    862

    Default

    This is making me angry about the whole SS# tie breaker thing again. Could technically be 1300's but instead am around 1800!

    Congrats to you guys getting the emails though. That's awesome news...
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

  3. #6653
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Got the email as well.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  4. #6654
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    This is making me angry about the whole SS# tie breaker thing again. Could technically be 1300's but instead am around 1800!

    Congrats to you guys getting the emails though. That's awesome news...
    It's ok bro. You and me can hold hands throughout the academy and cry about it lol

  5. #6655
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    It's ok bro. You and me can hold hands throughout the academy and cry about it lol
    Don't suggest something you can't back up, fella!
    Jukez likes this.

  6. #6656
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    At 78X ... no email.

    Good to hear the ball is rolling!
    72X with an email. I have a very bad ss# so there only about 10 people behind me with score of 103. I am assuming with 78X you had a 102. It would seem they are calling in block scores to avoid upsetting the flow, and the real tie breaker of people with same score will only come when time to get into academy.

  7. #6657
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    i think maybe top 800 or 1000, I have a friend in the 19xx who didnt get anything
    I'm 11xx and I got diddly so prob right w/ that assumption.

  8. #6658
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    This is making me angry about the whole SS# tie breaker thing again. Could technically be 1300's but instead am around 1800!

    Congrats to you guys getting the emails though. That's awesome news...
    I hear you dude...I'm like literally one of the last 101's haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  9. #6659
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Don't suggest something you can't back up, fella!
    I don't make false promises big boy!

  10. #6660
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    By the way for you guys who got the emails. Please do yourself the favor and step up your workout intensity. You have from here to June to make sure you have no doubts about your physical potential to go through the academy. This is the time to go 100 mph.

  11. #6661
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    By the way for you guys who got the emails. Please do yourself the favor and step up your workout intensity. You have from here to June to make sure you have no doubts about your physical potential to go through the academy. This is the time to go 100 mph.
    Hell yeah bro.

    in twenty minutes im off to the gym to do 15+ minutes on the stairmaster with my 60 pound vest, then time to lift, and wrap it all up with a 1.5 mile run on the treadmill.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  12. #6662
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Is this the same as cpat orientation or something totally different.

  13. #6663
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffdude13 View Post
    72X with an email. I have a very bad ss# so there only about 10 people behind me with score of 103. I am assuming with 78X you had a 102. It would seem they are calling in block scores to avoid upsetting the flow, and the real tie breaker of people with same score will only come when time to get into academy.
    Yes i am at 102.

    Gives me more time to get in top shape
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  14. #6664
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    111

    Default

    thirdtimesacharm,

    i just noticed your signature. looks like persistence really does pay off...congrats. i think we will finally get our long-deserved shot at getting on this job with this new list.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  15. #6665
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Anyone have any insight or knowledge about fat burners, nervous about if I took one and the drug tests for the job.

  16. #6666
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Received the email. Looking forward to getting the process started. I will be at the session on the 11th, hope to see y'all there!
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

  17. #6667
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    thirdtimesacharm,

    i just noticed your signature. looks like persistence really does pay off...congrats. i think we will finally get our long-deserved shot at getting on this job with this new list.
    Thanks man,

    It has been almost ten years since I have started this journey as a senior in high school. Many a day sitting at the mail box waiting for info and many nights training for the day I would get a shot to join the ranks.

    I can't wait for my shot ::fingers crossed::

    Congrats to everyone above me on the list. Good luck
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  18. #6668
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    Anyone have any insight or knowledge about fat burners, nervous about if I took one and the drug tests for the job.
    Drug Test won't be a problem for anything like this. Problem is that these things usually affect your BP and I do know they test for BP medications.

    Also, they drug test @ the Medical, not the physical.

  19. #6669
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Does anyone know if drug tests done randomly through out the academy or only for the medical.

  20. #6670
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Drug Test won't be a problem for anything like this. Problem is that these things usually affect your BP and I do know they test for BP medications.

    Also, they drug test @ the Medical, not the physical.
    But how would something like a fat burner, which would I assume raises blood pressure if anything, cause detection of BP meds?

    Also, are your sure they check for BP meds? I figure that you grant them access to your medical records to see anyway.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 01-31-2013 at 04:41 PM.

  21. #6671
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Does anyone know if drug tests done randomly through out the academy or only for the medical.
    Lol ofcourse you would get a question like this from a "priority hire". You must be like 40 years old, how about you stop doing drugs period.?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  22. #6672
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Does anyone know if drug tests done randomly through out the academy or only for the medical.
    No way man, don't worry about it. Once you pass that one urine test you'll never have to worry about getting tested again for the rest of your career. So blaze up!
    vekdoggs75, kd44 and Dannypanigale like this.
    List # 12XX

  23. #6673
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Does anyone know if drug tests done randomly through out the academy or only for the medical.
    What do you care? You don't do drugs do you?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  24. #6674
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Duplicate.....

  25. #6675
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    What do you care? You don't do drugs do you?
    No, I am drug free. i don't even drink. Just wondering. Sometimes I get into my thinking and start thinking crazy. This time, my thinking went off and I asked myself, since the academy is difficult does people do enhancement drugs just to get through it. LOL just in my own world. Damn Jukez, if you want to ask me out on a date just do!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests)

  1. john_casey

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register