Like Tree9586Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    But how would something like a fat burner, which would I assume raises blood pressure if anything, cause detection of BP meds?

Also, are your sure they check for BP meds? I figure that you grant them access to your medical records to see anyway.
    99% positive they test for BP medications. Guy OTJ a few yrs back warned me about it for my bakers dozen worth of medicals.

I wasn't meaning cause detection. I was just letting you know that it's def not smart to pop those fat burners if you have borderline high BP. Might end up having to take something to drop it and then you'll get flagged.

Sorry I go back and forth on this forum during work and really don't proofread my posts for clarity.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    No, I am drug free. i don't even drink. Just wondering. Sometimes I get into my thinking and start thinking crazy. This time, my thinking went off and I asked myself, since the academy is difficult does people do enhancement drugs just to get through it. LOL just in my own world. Damn Jukez, if you want to ask me out on a date just do!!
    Sorry bro, you have to SCORE more than a 95 to date me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Drug Test won't be a problem for anything like this. Problem is that these things usually affect your BP and I do know they test for BP medications.

Also, they drug test @ the Medical, not the physical.
    I guess thats for people hiding BP issues obviously. Thats pretty cool that they test for that. Just funny that they thought of it.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-31-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

performance enhancing drugs? We want to be FDNY, not 3B for the Yankees.
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Do they test for Deer antler spray? lol
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I got it as well. I wonder how far down the list they are sending this email to, or if it is going to everyone on the OC?
    Yes I would like to know as well ... I know it's wasn't sent to everyone because I didn't get anything but that's because I'm deep in the list lol "/

Forum Member

So i guess my 98 will get me an email in 4 years...puts head down and walks out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    performance enhancing drugs? We want to be FDNY, not 3B for the Yankees.
    Have you ever seen the calendar bro????? LOL

Forum Member

according to the nfl theres no real way to check for that...goooo ravens
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

deleted......
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 01-31-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Have you ever seen the calendar bro????? LOL

Hmmmm.... Big fan of the calendar huh? Lol!!!!! Just kidding bro
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I had a chance to see the email from a friend and it states that the “Physical Preparation Program” will start on the week of the Feb 25th. So I would assume you guys and gals should start getting your packets in the mail before than right? I think I’m still in state of disbelief the ball is actually starting to roll for the OC, but once you guys get those packets than, I’ll be a little more convinced the process is actually starting to move forward. I still got a while to go it would seem before I even get an email, but still and all, I’m really happy and stoked for you guys at the top who will finally begin the long march towards becoming a part of the FDNY. Good luck to you all!
    Last edited by Gheech; 01-31-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    grok350 and NYgrad2012 like this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

This time, my thinking went off and I asked myself, since the academy is difficult does people do enhancement drugs just to get through it.
    How does thinking "go off"? And, "does people do"? You show a true mastery of the English language. I don't know how you didn't get hired on your own without a clown lawsuit intervening......
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Just posting to say that I also received the email and I am pumped that there is actually progress. Time to kick it into high gear.

I still want to organize a group so we can do some group PT but any time I post this people don't respond.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Hmmmm.... Big fan of the calendar huh? Lol!!!!! Just kidding bro
    Hahaha Of course...I have every year since '07 right over my bedpost

Forum Member

I decided to edit this post.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-01-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    Anyone have any insight or knowledge about fat burners, nervous about if I took one and the drug tests for the job.
    What do you need that sh*t for? If you need to lose weight then change your diet and work on it now.

Everyone getting canvased, especially the very top of the list, should realize that this is them preparing to potentially tap the OC for the next class. Get to work.

Does anyone know if drug tests done randomly through out the academy or only for the medical.
    You're a dope. You don't drink or do drugs and yet you still ask this question? You can and will be randomly tested throughout your career. If they suspect a problem they can also not so randomly test you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

Everyone getting canvased, especially the very top of the list, should realize that this is them preparing to potentially tap the OC for the next class. Get to work.

He said it man. It is time to get to work. I would say that all of us in the top 500 of the OC need to get in shape if we are not already. I was running 1.5 miles in 13 minutes in october, and i've been training since. Now I can run 1.5 miles in 10:55. We can all train enough to make it in the FDNY. It's up to you to get that work in to get the job.

Oh and bro, who cares if they drug test randomly or not. If you're clean you're good no matter what, and if you're a druggie, then you're screwed.

So I would suggest people who want to evade drug tests try to find a new career field lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Just posting to say that I also received the email and I am pumped that there is actually progress. Time to kick it into high gear.

I still want to organize a group so we can do some group PT but any time I post this people don't respond.
    I am down for that
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Slightly above 890 with no email yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    How does thinking "go off"? And, "does people do"? You show a true mastery of the English language. I don't know how you didn't get hired on your own without a clown lawsuit intervening......
    Grammar Professor FDsouthbxNY, I see you are still butt hurt about the lawsuit. Poor thing.

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...sup_8_2013.pdf

department orders states next class in july and might NOT include any people from the OC list

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post

department orders states next class in july and might NOT include any people from the OC list

"possibly some candidates from the OC exam"....ugh
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Stoked that you guys got emails for the CPAT prep. If it goes anything like it did for EMS promo guys than basically you all go the date you're assigned and they show you a video on the CPAT, walk you around the course as a group and give you a packet on fitness. Lastly, you all pick a day of the week Monday - Thursday and Saturday that you will attend your CPAT prep course for the next 12 weeks.
    We got this email first and then packets went out soon later. I remember being at the CPAT prep and guys talking about what dates they had meetings with investigators so figure between now and then you'll get packets. Hopefully. The sooner you guys get all processed the sooner we can anticipate a class.
    I know I shouldn't be but im kinda bummed reading that order. It states class in LATE July. I was hoping the rumor for June 10th was true. Only time will tell. Like I said before NO ONE KNOWS *****. At our CPAT prep the instructors stated the first day they anticipate a class to start on Jan 14th and stressed that date from then on so hopefully when you guys go for orientation they will have a date to throw at you.
    Have fun with CPAT prep guys and good luck at the investigations. Let me know if you boys have questions. For now i'm back to sitting in limbo waiting for Class 2 of 2013 to start.
    Last edited by JerkAlert; 01-31-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post

"butt hurt"? What does that mean? It's not English.

Hey "almostthere", do you understand the problem? Do you understand why people don't like the position you're in? These guys are playing by the rules. They worked hard to achieve a high score and a place where they are assured a position with the FDNY, regardless of race, creed or gender. However, they have to take a backseat, they have to wait for people like you to be hired first. People who FAILED to achieved a high enough score to be hired over a decade ago. They have to wait for LESS qualified people who don't deserve to be here.

I don't know you read the news papers or what, but a candidate from List 6019 was featured. He was a Columbia Univeristy student, the cream of the crop. He was pre-med, bilingual and was putting all of those credentials aside because all he wanted to do was be a NYC Firefighter. Guess what.....he didn't get hired. Someone who not only met the criteria but FAR EXCEEDED it was unable to be hired because the of law suit to which you are a direct beneficiary. You should hang your head in shame knowing that you couldn't do this on your own. You and everyone who comprises the 293 "priority hires" needed special favors to get where I and 12,000 firemen and fire officers currently are. I worked my *** off to be here, then I waited my turn in line. All of us on this job today earned our positions. You've earned nothing but disdain and distrust.

Welcome to the welfare society.....no personal responsibility, someone else will take care of it for you...

With any luck, the Second Circuit Court will see to it that you are "almost" no where.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 01-31-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information