Like Tree9509Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #6701
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Just posting to say that I also received the email and I am pumped that there is actually progress. Time to kick it into high gear.

    I still want to organize a group so we can do some group PT but any time I post this people don't respond.
    Dude I'm in 21xx and have a bit before I get anything but I'd def be down for a group PT. Give each other that extra push.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  2. #6702
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    You know what could possibly stink reading that notice? Say some of the "Priority" hires do make it all the way through processing, I can't even imagine how many actually will drop out of the academy upon realizing how tough it actually is, thus leaving the spots OC guys could've used vacant and useless.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  3. #6703
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Thats how I feel right now. Being literally the guy they stopped at on the promo list and seeing some of the guys go in that had no business being there in the first place was pretty painful. And then when I hear guys dropping all week I get pretty ****ed. I could have had that spot. Oh well.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

  4. #6704
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    "butt hurt"? What does that mean? It's not English.

    Hey "almostthere", do you understand the problem? Do you understand why people don't like the position you're in? These guys are playing by the rules. They worked hard to achieve a high score and a place where they are assured a position with the FDNY, regardless of race, creed or gender. However, they have to take a backseat, they have to wait for people like you to be hired first. People who FAILED to achieved a high enough score to be hired over a decade ago. They have to wait for LESS qualified people who don't deserve to be here...
    Well it appears that 293 priority hires can be put into the next class, but that's not to say that 293 will pass the hiring process. 10 years ago is a long time, anybody that is over 30 is doubtful to be healthy enough to pass the CPAT.

    How many people are on the priority hire eligible list anyways??

    I heard it was like 800 people? If somebody has more solid information, i'm sure all of us would appreciate knowing how many of these priority hire candidates are potentially ahead of us OC people.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  5. #6705
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Steve cassano putting priority hires in quotation marks... Classic


    Sal lol... It was late. And I came home from happy hour lol
    Last edited by knicksh2o; 02-01-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  6. #6706
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Steve cassano putting priority hires in quotation marks... Classic
    Sal Cassano* dude haha, not to be a d*ck haha. But yea I often wonder what his honest sentiments are about the whole thing. Btw I'm racking up likes like a 16 year old Facebook whore on here lately. I'm pretty proud of myself.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  7. #6707
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    ...anybody that is over 30 is doubtful to be healthy enough to pass the CPAT.
    I've said it once before on this thread, but I have to say it again. Don't automatically discount someone who is over 30 like that. If you've been training consistently for this for years, you are more than capable. I know what you meant in terms of certain folk who may not have been, but the way it came out was kinda harsh for some on here to read!

    There are dudes out there older than all of us that can smoke all of us for facks sake...

  8. #6708
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I've said it once before on this thread, but I have to say it again. Don't automatically discount someone who is over 30 like that. If you've been training consistently for this for years, you are more than capable. I know what you meant in terms of certain folk who may not have been, but the way it came out was kinda harsh for some on here to read!

    There are dudes out there older than all of us that can smoke all of us for facks sake...
    Yeah your right man, a lot of 30 yr olds are in great shape. I was just referring to the 30 year olds that have not been training, and living physically health lives over the years.
    Last edited by infolet333; 02-01-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  9. #6709
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I'm sure some of the 40/50+ year old instructors at The Rock could sh*t on most of us haha.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  10. #6710
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Sal Cassano* dude haha, not to be a d*ck haha. But yea I often wonder what his honest sentiments are about the whole thing. Btw I'm racking up likes like a 16 year old Facebook whore on here lately. I'm pretty proud of myself.
    Wondering the same thing man. I hope he gags every time he has to sign those diversity notices like the way I gag reading them.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and mocon337 like this.

  11. #6711
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    How much candidates do they process at a
    Time for each class ????... Does that number stays the same or they increase it or decrease it according to how many ppl actually graduate the academy ??? "I hope I made sense"

  12. #6712
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Since the FDNY is being forced to "Represent the community it serves" it should hire a few hundred hipsters, since they make up a significant percentage of the gentrified neighborhoods. I never see any hipster fire fighters.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  13. #6713
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    The general consensus of this thread is that the emails to start the hiring process were sent out to those who scored up to 103 list number 733.

    It's an assumption that they are calling in block numbers and list numbers will be used for tie-brakers for entering into the academy.

    Stats worth noting:

    Score List # Number of Candidates with the same score
    102 734 - 1346 612
    101 1347 - 2219 872
    100 2220 - 3338 1118
    99 3339 - 4804 1467
    98 4805 - 6521 1716
    97 6522 - 8717 2195

    Conclusion: The lower you score the more candidates have the same score
    Hypothesis: List numbers will be reached using the Block numbers method only in the beginning. But a list number cutoff will be used to reach candidates eventually.

    QUESTION: Did the 4 year life of the list officially start 1/31/13?

  14. #6714
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The general consensus of this thread is that the emails to start the hiring process were sent out to those who scored up to 103 list number 733.

    It's an assumption that they are calling in block numbers and list numbers will be used for tie-brakers for entering into the academy.

    Stats worth noting:

    Score List # Number of Candidates with the same score
    102 734 - 1346 612
    101 1347 - 2219 872
    100 2220 - 3338 1118
    99 3339 - 4804 1467
    98 4805 - 6521 1716
    97 6522 - 8717 2195

    Conclusion: The lower you score the more candidates have the same score
    Hypothesis: List numbers will be reached using the Block numbers method only in the beginning. But a list number cutoff will be used to reach candidates eventually.

    QUESTION: Did the 4 year life of the list officially start 1/31/13?
    How many of you guys think this list is going to reach far ???

  15. #6715
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seaford, NY
    Posts
    34

    Default When Should You Start Preparing for CPAT?

    I receive dozens of phone calls every month from firefighter hopefuls, mostly young men and women training for the upcoming FDNY physical (CPAT). Invariably, there is one question that never goes unasked. When should I start preparing for CPAT? But with all the controversy over list 2000, it can easily knock you off your workout regimen.

    When should you start preparing for CPAT? Click on the link below to read full article...
    http://www.kbmike.com/2012/12/when-s...-for-cpat.html
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

  16. #6716
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The general consensus of this thread is that the emails to start the hiring process were sent out to those who scored up to 103 list number 733.
    That definitely sounds accurate to me. With the Dept Orders, though, I can't imagine nearly that many making it into the summer class...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

  17. #6717
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    That definitely sounds accurate to me. With the Dept Orders, though, I can't imagine nearly that many making it into the summer class...
    If the ruling dictates that the "priority hires" quota has to be used even when processing EMS promos the max # of them that could make the academy would be 192. That would leave 128 spots open for some combo of promos/OC.

  18. #6718
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I will pass on cpat orientations and preps this time around. I rather skip the nonsense, just send me straight to the hard stuff......The psychological
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  19. #6719
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    If the ruling dictates that the "priority hires" quota has to be used even when processing EMS promos the max # of them that could make the academy would be 192. That would leave 128 spots open for some combo of promos/OC.
    Yeah that's what I come up with as well. Thinking that there are at least 100 Promos left, right? If they break the top 100 on the OC to fill the class I'll be surprised. Going to be an interesting class - lots of guys with EMS time, old priority hire guys, and a few dozen veterans/legacy guys and girls. Jeez...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

  20. #6720
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Yeah that's what I come up with as well. Thinking that there are at least 100 Promos left, right? If they break the top 100 on the OC to fill the class I'll be surprised. Going to be an interesting class - lots of guys with EMS time, old priority hire guys, and a few dozen veterans/legacy guys and girls. Jeez...
    It's tougher to figure out the EMS side but yea my guess would be about 100 spots go to them to exhaust their list. Just my opinion but I doubt the priority hires max out their 192 but they could end up taking 125-150 spots leaving not much left for OC. Gotta keep praying the 2nd circuit court of appeals steps in and makes some changes.

  21. #6721
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Just some stats I was thinking about if the priority clowns end up sneaking in above us.

    Only about 650 actually passed the 2000 retake correct? That is the max number they can draw from to get 293.

    Historically the hiring to list number ratio for the OC is 1:4.

    I'm an optimist but you have to assume that ratio bumps up a bit considering the group they are drawing from and the years that have passed. I'm thinking 1:6 would be generous for them.

    So ~650/6, is about 108 guys from the priority list slipping in.

    Obviously the 2nd circuit court needs to get off its ***** and rule already since it'll be too late to take the jobs back from the priority clowns come summer.
    List # 12XX

  22. #6722
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    River6019 - your stats definitely make sense but the hiring ratio might be higher for the priorities because they knew when they were taking the exam that they had a very, very good chance of getting called. A lot of people take the OC without really expecting to get called or thinking through if they actually want the job. But who knows. We'll find out soon.

    Regardless of whether we make it into the summer class or the next, I think that everyone who got the email yesterday should be seriously preparing themselves physically as well as getting their documents in order. I think its clear that we WILL be processed before summer. DD214's for military folks, residency paperwork for pretty much everyone, any arrest dispositions you might have to explain… some of that stuff takes longer than others.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

  23. #6723
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    How many of you guys think this list is going to reach far ???
    Big variable in there is how many guys top half fail to get the extra credits they claimed on the exam. I know 2 guys in particular that will lose their credits. One for residency and the other for being a rahtard and clicking legacy credit simply because he has an brother on the job.

  24. #6724
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Just an FYI guys the EMS list won't be completely exhausted until at least Jan of 2014 because there are guys on the list that won't have 2 years until Jan 2014 but the number of guys will be negligible by then. This summer they will reach the bottom of the EMS list but there will still be guys from 1-868 that will not have 2 years until Jan of next year. So figure 2500 will be exhausted a year from now.

    Anyone who is thinking about not attending CPAT prep should reconsider. I personally thought it was a great experience. For one you're at The Rock and you familiarize yourself with the place plus you learn techniques. Its a lot of standing around waiting for others but in that time you learn to work as a team and re-set the hose etc etc and meet the guys you might be in probie school with. Don't go thre looking for a workout. Go just to go, basically. It speaks volumes of you to show up every week especially if you're in tip top shape.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

  25. #6725
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    I don't understand, what's the point of applying for the residency credits if you know you can't prove you lived in the city during that year time frame before the exam filing ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 48 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 39 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bkopie,
  3. DSNY2FDNY,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. FFwnt2b,
  6. IronBars,
  7. Matador611,
  8. SI91

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register