Like Tree9533Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Lol I hear ya. Good luck my fellow brother in arms
    Hope to see you in July(or whenever academy starts)
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Come on now, I'm not going to spoil any of the fun for you guys.
    Well done proby, well done. You really are stepping out in the right direction.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody34 View Post
    ALmostthere: What is the smoke house and what does it consist of besides smoke? Do you have to figure your way around inside, etc. Sounds very intimidating if people are scared to go inside.

Also, what made this guy the number one guy?

With the volunteer fire department im on when we did a smokehouse evolution it is pretty much when they load a house or building up with a **** load of smoke to where you literally cant see your hand in front of you. You go in with a couple of guys and you have to do a search. We did about 4 evolutions each time having to try and find a dummy that they hide. It does get a little nerve wrecking in there because even though your with 3 or 4 guys it feels as if you are alone because you cant see anything and you can barley hear your members. It is a good exercise though because it does teach you how to use your senses in a fire.

We're not the Vollies.....this isn't the evolution that is being discussed.

Forum Member

I just want to say Thank You to Manhattan Medic for keeping us in the know. I know you're busy with everything man. Im really thankful for yah!!!

Forum Member

Can someone quickly lay out the correct order of the applicant processing? I know the interview is first, but what's next? And at what point in the process is the 2 mile run? And is the 2 mile run on track or is it point A-B? Please tell me its not a track. I hate running in circles. Feels like you're dying while accomplishing nothing. Much easier on my pysch if I have an actual destination to run towards.

In the army,sometimes we ran 2 miles in 8 laps and sometimes we did the two miles from one destination to the next . It was ALWAYS (mentaly) a much easier and faster run when we ran from one place to another. Laps kill motivation. And sometimes I lose count Lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Sorry I meant mile and a half. 2 miles is military.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

from what was previously posted in this forum the mile and a half run is point A-B then B-A.

Forum Member

(this was posted by MM back on page 284)

August 30 - Received Background Investigation packet, around this time the department also sent out invite for orientation/sign up for the CPAT prep class
    September 17ish - orientation sessions at The Rock for CPAT prep class
    September 25 - CPAT prep class starts
    October 4 - List #s leaked
    October 11 & 16 - CPAT Orientation dates at DCAS testing center
    October 17 - Background Investigation meeting
    Late October - Actually got my score/List # in the mail
    November 15 - Medical
    December 1 - CPAT practice #1
    December 10 - CPAT practice #2
    December 13 - CPAT final attempt

Things felt pretty rushed all the way through, so I imagine they'd like to get started sooner and have a bit more time to work with OC people. So hopefully for your sake and theirs, they'll get going with it in January/February as soon as this class goes in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    from what was previously posted in this forum the mile and a half run is point A-B then B-A.
    Man that is some great news
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Can someone quickly lay out the correct order of the applicant processing? I know the interview is first, but what's next? And at what point in the process is the 2 mile run? And is the 2 mile run on track or is it point A-B? Please tell me its not a track. I hate running in circles. Feels like you're dying while accomplishing nothing. Much easier on my pysch if I have an actual destination to run towards.

In the army,sometimes we ran 2 miles in 8 laps and sometimes we did the two miles from one destination to the next . It was ALWAYS (mentaly) a much easier and faster run when we ran from one place to another. Laps kill motivation. And sometimes I lose count Lol.
    Yeah, it's an out and back route, so it's better than circles.

Just remember everyone, there is no interview. You have a processing day with the investigators, buts its really not an interview so don't sweat it.

Forum Member

Anyone have any insight about the heart rate test given during medical(what is it, how is it given etc)?
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Anyone have any insight about the heart rate test given during medical(what is it, how is it given etc)?
    They do an EKG and then watch you with a heart monitor on a step mill. You can't exceed 90% of your max heart rate.
    Ext. 17 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    They do an EKG and then watch you with a heart monitor on a step mill. You can't exceed 90% of your max heart rate.
    What happens if you fail? Can you take it again or is it all over? Or do they consider other factors?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Default This sums up the smokehouse

#30XX

Forum Member

What happens if you fail? Can you take it again or is it all over? Or do they consider other factors?
    When going thru this for 6019 if you failed you could retake it in 30 days. If the failed the second attempt then you were ineligible to be hired. I don't know what you mean by other factors?
    When I did it, it was pretty much could you or couldn't you do it.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    No, no this doesn't sum anything up. They also won't be burning tires, the EPA would go berserk....

What they put you through on smoke house day will teach you a lot. You'll learn what it is when it's your turn.
    ffbam24 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

1. Not to contradict FDsouthbxNY but when I did my 2 runs last month it was on Sunken Meadow Loop, a fairly new looking park area adjacent to the academy. We did like 1.5x around the loop. The out and back course described previously in this and the 6019 thread is a regular route for PT though.

2. If you fail the HR test you have to come back and redo it within 30 days. On the retry one of the department doctors watches as you do it. If at 5m12s you are again too high on the HR they will have you stay on the stairmaster till 8m have passed, and they decide based on how well you handle the exertion. Many failed the first time, but the vast majority passed the second.

3. That video doesn't say anything expect where the smokehouse is. If we're going to post random stuff and call it an answer then let me tell you about the smokehouse: http://youtu.be/ravAOrNTfKQ?
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 02-03-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    1. Not to contradict FDsouthbxNY but when I did my 2 runs last month it was on Sunken Meadow Loop, a fairly new looking park area adjacent to the academy. We did like 1.5x around the loop. The out and back course described previously in this and the 6019 thread is a regular route for PT.
    Don't worry about contradicting. Your information (unfortunately for you ) is more recent than mine. My run was out and back around the driving range. That they would change it doesn't surprise me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    Also, i believe cause of some NFPA's you can only burn certain materials and certain amounts in burn evolutions. I don't think rubber and hay are included.

Forum Member

Default Cpat

Hey guys, for anyone who is worried about the CPAT, Connecticut offers a CPAT every spring and fall. The cost is $150 and if you are worried about the CPAT it offers you the chance to give it a try and figure out the best technique for you. Also if you are interested in testing in CT you need to have a CPAT card just to take most tests. FYI you must sign up by March 7th for the Spring session. http://www.ct.gov/cfpc/cwp/view.asp?...6722&cfpcNav=|

Forum Member

sooo if i'm reading correctly...people from the OC list are starting to receive info from the department?

Exam 2000
    List # 14XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I know of several out of state people, on the list, claiming residency. I suspect there will be a lot of people claiming residency that don't and haven't lived in the city.

So, I've been in the Dominican Republic, visiting my girlfriend's family since early yesterday. Before I left, like a lot of you, I received the email about the cpat orientation. That was some decent news.

Since I've been here, I have eaten all fresh food. Fresh pork. Fresh chicken. Fresh eggs. Seriously, we went into the country side and got it from my girlfriend's family. The meals have been unbelievable. They make everything from scratch. And the fruit, my gosh.

I also have been training, in the mornings. The weather in in the low 80's and it hasn't too humid. Her family took me to a local college to run. They have a dirt track and pull bars, dips bars and parallel bars. I drink coconut water right from the coconut.To top it off, her mother is paying a masseuse to come to the house to give me a massage each day after I train. I also have swam in a beautiful mountain creek. And ridden horseback.

Now, I'm figuring I have a packet (2xx) waiting at home. I don't return for a few days yet. I see someone said you have to confirm the 'interview' date. Is there a deadline for that call?
    dam man sounds like the good life ... you may wanna see if punta cana fire department is hiring

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    sooo if i'm reading correctly...people from the OC list are starting to receive info from the department?

Exam 2000
    List # 14XX

They called down to all of score 103. IMO they will start calling more candidates after the Late July class goes in because they still have the rest of EMS and the priority hires to put in the academy along with the OC in the summer class.

List # 19xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    They called down to all of score 103. IMO they will start calling more candidates after the Late July class goes in because they still have the rest of EMS and the priority hires to put in the academy along with the OC in the summer class.

List # 19xx
    Is the next class in June or July 29th

They called down to list #733 if they sent out packets down to a score of 103
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 02-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Is the next class in June or July 29th

They called down to list #733 if they sent out packets down to a score of 103
    I think i saw late July in a dept order somewhere on here

Thread Information