Like Tree11279Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Wondering if anyone here can answer some questions….Would be greatly appreciated….

1- How many years of a detailed SS earning report do you need to get? Been working since I was 16.

2- As far as a driving abstract is concerned can you order one online or go to the local DMV an obtain one there?

3- I can't remember if it's a 2 x 2 picture of yourself in business attire that is required or a larger photo such as a 4 x 4?

4- I don't have any bills in my name, but I do have a savings account and a checking account from the time period that is required to show proof of residency. I believe it stated that you need 3 of the 5 listed things to provide proof. I have two. W-2 forms and Credit Card statements. How strict are they that you can't provide 3?
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

On the topic of residency, it sounds to me like you have three:
    Checking/savings would be one
    W2 would be two
    And credit card statement would be three.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

MembersZone Subscriber

Duplicate post
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    1- How many years of a detailed SS earning report do you need to get? Been working since I was 16.

To my recollection, it's the past 5 years. Maybe somebody with a packet can confirm that it is still the case?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    MM,
    Not sure if anyone answered you about cpat orientation: feb 11-16. 6pm except Saturday, they have an 8 am and another one later in the day.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    Hey guys, for anyone who is worried about the CPAT, Connecticut offers a CPAT every spring and fall. The cost is $150 and if you are worried about the CPAT it offers you the chance to give it a try and figure out the best technique for you. Also if you are interested in testing in CT you need to have a CPAT card just to take most tests. FYI you must sign up by March 7th for the Spring session. http://www.ct.gov/cfpc/cwp/view.asp?...6722&cfpcNav=|
    Unnecessary for anyone who will be canvassed off of 2000. General cardio/strength training will be enough till they call you for the training class, and then the training class will more than adequately prepare you to take the test. The CPAT is mostly technique anyways, assuming you have the base level of fitness required.

Also.. remember that the base level of fitness required for the CPAT is nowhere near what's expected of you at the academy.
    FDsouthbxNY and Ext. 17 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    To my recollection, it's the past 5 years. Maybe somebody with a packet can confirm that it is still the case?
    I can't seem to locate the paper saying that about the detailed ss statement. Was that in this packet or from the 6019 one. Also it didn't say anything about a picture anywhere? Am I missing something or is it different from the 6019 package? Starting to worry Iam missing some papers

Forum Member

Yea, I wasn't seeing that either, but I need to ask for more education and employment data sheets tomorrow, and was going to ask about photos and ss stuff. I'll post whatever they tell me tomorrow afternoon.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Can someone please answer the question about residency...
    Because I only have two forms of proof. Ive lived in queens my whole life. But only have W2 and bank statements. Have never had a credit card and I live with my dad. So no bills under my name.

Plz note* driving license and passport have my current address, could that be used?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Can someone please answer the question about residency...
    Because I only have two forms of proof. Ive lived in queens my whole life. But only have W2 and bank statements. Have never had a credit card and I live with my dad. So no bills under my name.

Plz note* driving license and passport have my current address, could that be used?

The only thing I can think of to do would be to write a letter stating that you lived with your dad during the time, have him sign it, notarize it, and bring the lease.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 02-04-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: grammar fail

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The only thing I can think of to do would be to write a letter stating that you've live with your dad during the time, have him sign it, notarize it, and bring the lease.
    I just got this from the notice of examination
    "The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special
    circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the
    Department of Citywide Administrative Services. "

Is there a number i could call? lol this would suck balls. What a headache i could see this turning out to be

Forum Member

If you were to call, they would say something to the effect of "just bring what you have when your appointment arrives and they'll determine from there".

IMO get together what I suggested and anything else you could think of. I think the lease and notarized letter might suffice though, seeing as how you have the other two.

Forum Member

Seriously? Writing a letter would give you a ball sucking headache? Stay in your cubicle...
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Coldblood, did you get a packet? The only reason I ask is because you had said your list number is in the the 800s, and if that's the case then you got a 102. That's good news because we had previously thought they only sent packets out to guys who got a 103 or higher.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Coldblood, did you get a packet? The only reason I ask is because you had said your list number is in the the 800s, and if that's the case then you got a 102. That's good news because we had previously thought they only sent packets out to guys who got a 103 or higher.
    Nah i didnt get a packet my dude. Good memory tho my # is in the 800s But the question listed above had me just trying to find an answer. Because i already have my stuff together. W2 from 2010 and 2011 and all needed bank statements sitting on my desk.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Ummm. I didn't.
    Well that must mean your such a well rounded , morally sound person

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You will not be doing anything athletic at the orientation, just an introduction and tour and what not. They will probably offer times for you to sign up for the regular training, and instruct you on what to wear/bring when coming to the weekly training. Don't over think it. If it just says show up in business casual with ID and whatever else... then just do that.

No, while I did hear that someone dropped out due to the smokehouse the #1 guy was not it, he just happened to quit on the same day.

I don't really know, I didn't have anything on my record to list. If you aren't sure then at least gather the pertinent info for each, write it down somewhere, leave the form blank, and then when you talk to your investigator you can figure it out. They don't care about minor things as long as you supply the documentation to show that whatever it was was resolved, all they care about is disclosure.

When are the CPAT orientation sessions?
    Yeah they were all dismissed, i never got jail time or anything like that, just community service, thanks a lot bro! I might not be an angel but we all get in trouble sometimes
    OAK and Dannypanigale like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Well that must mean your such a well rounded , morally sound person
    Well rounded enough to never have had any "summonses and stuff" or anything that would have gotten me anywhere close to community service.

(Addendum: community service that I myself hadn't chosen to volunteer for on my own time.)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 02-04-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    SkylinePCG and FDsouthbxNY like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Yeah they were all dismissed, i never got jail time or anything like that, just community service, thanks a lot bro! I might not be an angel but we all get in trouble sometimes
    The trouble I got into was remedied and learned not to be repeated or escalated by my father's belt. Sadly something missed out by a few folks out there that rationalize it all that summonses and community service instead of jail time as a good thing.

Forum Member

Traditionally out of a class of 300 35 dropping due to fitness ...... Now lets say in the upcoming classes that number increases to 50 or even 60..... Will they make bigger classes of 400 450 ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Traditionally out of a class of 300 35 dropping due to fitness ...... Now lets say in the upcoming classes that number increases to 50 or even 60..... Will they make bigger classes of 400 450 ?
    They don't have space at the rock for any class bigger than 320ish.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Me having a spotless record makes my investigations go as smooth as a baby's butt. Makes me sound like if I lived in a bubble lol.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    They don't have space at the rock for any class bigger than 320ish.
    So what's going to happend is a class of 320 drops drastically to 150 lets just say ... The class stays with only 150 ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    So what's going to happend is a class of 320 drops drastically to 150 lets just say ... The class stays with only 150 ?
    Basically... They enter a class of 320 and they expect 10% to drop. Give or take 290ish usually graduate. But once the class is in what ever is left that's it even if 300 fail.

Forum Member

Default Hi Everyone

I joined this forum to get a few pointers for my son who is in a not too shabby spot on the 2000 list. I'm sorry if this is a question that's already been answered, but he is currently in the military, has been since 2008. He is a life long Staten Islander, was sworn in at Ft. Hamilton and took the test while home on leave from where he was stationed in San Diego but is now on an overseas deployment. As long as DCAS gave him the residency credits, everything's ok, correct? He has a NYC drivers license, gets his credit card statements sent home here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI Sally View Post
    I joined this forum to get a few pointers for my son who is in a not too shabby spot on the 2000 list. I'm sorry if this is a question that's already been answered, but he is currently in the military, has been since 2008. He is a life long Staten Islander, was sworn in at Ft. Hamilton and took the test while home on leave from where he was stationed in San Diego but is now on an overseas deployment. As long as DCAS gave him the residency credits, everything's ok, correct? He has a NYC drivers license, gets his credit card statements sent home here.
    Drivers license, bills, ect. are all great. Some residency information from you, the parent, should accompany a notorized letter from you that he lived there as well. That might not be necessary, but the more the merrier. Thankfully, there are many servicemen on this list and those are the people we want and need to hire. That will certainly be a factor.

Thank him for his service and thank you for your sacrifice.

Thread Information