Like Tree11252Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Headed to the Merit Matters meeting tomorrow night in the Bronx. Anyone else? I'll be the dork holding the bicycle helmet.
    vekdoggs75 and Spiderneck30 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI Sally View Post
    I joined this forum to get a few pointers for my son who is in a not too shabby spot on the 2000 list. I'm sorry if this is a question that's already been answered, but he is currently in the military, has been since 2008. He is a life long Staten Islander, was sworn in at Ft. Hamilton and took the test while home on leave from where he was stationed in San Diego but is now on an overseas deployment. As long as DCAS gave him the residency credits, everything's ok, correct? He has a NYC drivers license, gets his credit card statements sent home here.
    NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.

Eligibility for the residency credit will be investigated and verified by the Fire Department o fNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.

Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011 • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) (b) (c)
    A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

MembersZone Subscriber

Finally got my intake packet, anyone else going on March 8th.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Anyone have the contact # to reschedule handy? My roommate back home told me I got my packet and an interview this Wednesday but can't make it due to my military obligations.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Anyone have the contact # to reschedule handy? My roommate back home told me I got my packet and an interview this Wednesday but can't make it due to my military obligations.
    Have to send an email to cid@fdny.nyc.gov to reschedule.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Headed to the Merit Matters meeting tomorrow night in the Bronx. Anyone else? I'll be the dork holding the bicycle helmet.
    I triple-dog dare you to wear it during the meeting.

Forum Member

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Drivers license, bills, ect. are all great. Some residency information from you, the parent, should accompany a notorized letter from you that he lived there as well. That might not be necessary, but the more the merrier. Thankfully, there are many servicemen on this list and those are the people we want and need to hire. That will certainly be a factor.

Thank him for his service and thank you for your sacrifice.
    Thank you sir, very much. I just didn't want him to get any nasty surprises. They shouldn't be penalized for being stationed out of state, so hopefully those are the special circumstances that they talk about in the requirements. Sorry someone's mom has to do this, he has very limited access to a computer so I pass along the info to him when I can. Good luck to all of you - you all sound like a great bunch of guys (and girls!) And I just noticed that the first time I am posting here is on page 343. I think that is a sign that these new future hires will have angels looking out for them.
    Last edited by SI Sally; 02-04-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Forum Member

Danny D0pe, Thank you so much. I'm sure this was answered many times in the previous 340 pages so I'm grateful you saved me having to look through them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Have to send an email to cid@fdny.nyc.gov to reschedule.
    Thanks....anyone know if they have weekend interviews? Gonna be very hard for my to get down there during banker's hours for the near future.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Whoa that's so soon

Forum Member

Just found the gloves I used for my cpat back in 08' lol. It even has the time I did written on them, 7:17. This time around I'm aiming for less than 7 mins booyaaaa!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    I can't seem to locate the paper saying that about the detailed ss statement. Was that in this packet or from the 6019 one. Also it didn't say anything about a picture anywhere? Am I missing something or is it different from the 6019 package? Starting to worry Iam missing some papers
    I talked to CID today to confirm my appointment and this is what they said:
    1: No photo needed at this time
    2: If you require a detailed earnings statment, your investigator will ask for it during your appointment and then you have to go back and get it.
    3: If you need extra data sheets of any kind, you will not mail them to you. When you go in for your investigation, thats when they will hand you additional sheets to fill out.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just found the gloves I used for my cpat back in 08' lol. It even has the time I did written on them, 7:17. This time around I'm aiming for less than 7 mins booyaaaa!!
    are gloves required. When I took the CPAT in 03 I believe, I did it without gloves. is it mandatory now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    are gloves required. When I took the CPAT in 03 I believe, I did it without gloves. is it mandatory now?
    They probably ran out of gloves for the people who weren't going to make the cut lol. Just busting your balls, they gave me a pair I don't know what the case going to be this time around.

MembersZone Subscriber

I see that the Physical Preparation Program is scheduled to begin on Feb. 25, is this the start of the 12 weeks required for the CPAT or is this something completely different?

Thanks in advance.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Im sure the OT will drastically drop after they start hiring all these classes

MembersZone Subscriber

That IS the general result.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

They probably ran out of gloves for the people who weren't going to make the cut lol. Just busting your balls, they gave me a pair I don't know what the case going to be this time around.
    LOL, that's a good one. i will brinng my own gloves this time. What will be your time goal this time around? 7 mintues is pretty good. you think you will be able to top that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Finally got my intake packet, anyone else going on March 8th.
    This guy right here is going to the March 8th interview/investigation. PM me if you'd like.

Also about those residency credits. I'm scared that they might take mine away. I claimed them but i only have a couple of documents to support that. I've been in the military since 2007 and will be getting out in June 2013. I've been told from other military folks that as long as someone joined the military from NYC, they should be able to count your points since NYC is your "home of record". I'm not sure how true this is.

Edit: Anyone in the Army stationed in Fort Campbell, KY that also took FDNY exam 2000?
    Last edited by mannyjay; 02-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    LOL, that's a good one. i will brinng my own gloves this time. What will be your time goal this time around? 7 mintues is pretty good. you think you will be able to top that.
    Not to brag but I'm 10 times in better shape than I was back then, so yes there's no doubt in my mind I can do better than last time. I'm 6'2 170 3-4 percent body fat. I don't work out and live healthy for the academy, it's just my lifestyle. ( heard that before huh? Lol)

Forum Member

Not to brag but I'm 10 times in better shape than I was back then, so yes there's no doubt in my mind I can do better than last time. I'm 6'2 170 3-4 percent body fat. I don't work out and live healthy for the academy, it's just my lifestyle. ( heard that before huh? Lol)
    Damn you most have a sick body !!! NO HOMO
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I know that if you go from NYPD to FDNY, your time doesn't count for pay and you start at the first step of the pay scale again, but what about going from other agencies like Corrections or Sanitation to FDNY? Depending on the message board you read you get a different answer on each, and I can't find the current FDNY contract online anywhere so I can't read through and see if it's addressed. Anyone have any insight?

Forum Member

Yes, I sure heard that before. lol You have a good height on you which I believe is a good advantage while going through the obstacles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Damn you most have a sick body !!! NO HOMO
    Thank you so much for putting the NO HOMO behind that. LOL You know get a pass!!
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Anyone planning on getting CFR-D certified before they go into the academy?

Thread Information