Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 177227267274275276277278279280287327377777 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 22821
Like Tree8970Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Brooklyn born your inbox is full

Forum Member

It feels so good to be done. I had my CPAT on wednesday. Its a lot faster than at The Rock sessions. The instructors at academy in practice are great for over training us. The course at CPAT is smooth and fast. Plus I did most practice runs at The Rock in the rain. I finished my CPAT wednesday in 7:20 (3 mins to spare) and while at practice session the fastest I went was 7:35. Even if you guys are in tip top shape you should still go to the practice sessions when its your time. They help and its awesome just to be at the academy. There is a lot of standing around once the trial runs begin but its still great to be there and I think most of you would agree with me on that! All thats left now is waiting for the call. I guess when they call for the mile and half for Jan 5th that means that i'm in. Not sure. Cant wait for that run! Yewww.
    Oh and thanks to anyone who has donated to the NY Beach Relief. If you ordered a T shirt from us you'll have it soon. We shipped out a whole lot the other day. Thanks!

Forum Member

Gongrats Man.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Great job JerkAlert! It's so nice to see you EMS guys who put in your time getting through the steps. Best of luck to you in the academy cause I know you're gunna kill the run!
    JerkAlert likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats buddy, best of luck to you in the academy. Hope you have a bit of down time to keep us updated!
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

EMS is no longer the back door knuckleheads used to accidentally fiddlefork their way through into Fire; by now, lots of people have seen the writing on the wall, done their homework, and hedged their bets.

Ive witnessed kitchen table talk at several firehouses recently in which many members mentioned friends or aquaintances who are former military, or otherwise highly motivated, squared away individuals whos sole purpose in EMS was getting to Fire.

For people who took exam 2000 and didnt score where theyd hoped to, definitely consider EMS. Its not as bad as some people might suggest, and as most here already know, you will earn priority in hiring over the open competitive list.

To Jerkalert, and others who have already passed the CPAT, first off, congratulations. Its definitely a big step in a long process. Understand though, that the fitness staff at the Rock didnt overtrain you for that test; instead they are readying you for the monster that looms. Soon you will take your place on the yellow lines, and warm up exercises that will prepare you for the physical activities of the day will surpass the entirety of the CPAT in short order.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Most definetly Skyline. The CPAT and the medical were nothing. We Understand the magnitude of the workouts and tasks that are ahead in the coming months. I'm looking forward to it. In fact most guys I work with are looming forward to it. Being screamed at to put out and maximize your potential physically and mentally is a great thing especially when the other option is going back to your EMS corner and dealing with that nightmare! I'll be smiling though all the pain. This is exactly what I wanted. I really hope I get the call for January. If not I'll see you guys in July! I'll kelp ya posted. Thanks boys.

Forum Member

Congrats JerkAlert. I know how long you've been chasing it...
    JerkAlert likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Most definetly Skyline. The CPAT and the medical were nothing. We Understand the magnitude of the workouts and tasks that are ahead in the coming months. I'm looking forward to it. In fact most guys I work with are looming forward to it. Being screamed at to put out and maximize your potential physically and mentally is a great thing especially when the other option is going back to your EMS corner and dealing with that nightmare! I'll be smiling though all the pain. This is exactly what I wanted. I really hope I get the call for January. If not I'll see you guys in July! I'll kelp ya posted. Thanks boys.
    Why wouldn't you?

The DI's used to ask me why I was smiling so much. My reply was, "Look where I'm at. A lot of people want to be where I am."

Forum Member

anyone remember the page number of that pdf of running a member posted here a long awhile ago?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    anyone remember the page number of that pdf of running a member posted here a long awhile ago?
    What do you mean a PDF of running?

This: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/atta...7&d=1349798878
    ?
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 11-24-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Forum Member

i think that was it, thanks a bunch manhattan medic! a friend of mine wanted some sort of regiment and remember seeing this, thanks again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    i think that was it, thanks a bunch manhattan medic! a friend of mine wanted some sort of regiment and remember seeing this, thanks again
    So when viewing the sub form this thread is in, if you click on the paper clip that is ontop of the most current page # for this thread (currently 277) it brings you to a list of all files that have been attached to posts in this thread. I just looked there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Why wouldn't you?
    MM, just because I kind of have a higher list number for the promo. I never want to get a ahead of myself and just assume i'm in for January. You never know, when they call these guys back for the stairs and they all pass my number may not be reached. I doubt it. The rumors i'm hearing now from BHS are pretty wild but I will not be celebrating anything until I get that phone call. Either way I put in for the remainder of my AL from January on....if I don't get called i'll just cancel the AL request. If all goes well I have 11 tours left (with mutuals) in EMS

Forum Member

still no word on the exact date of the first couple CPAT groups from exam 2000? I heard something about a CPAT training class too, has that started yet?! Im playing catch up on all this info...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 105
    List: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post
    still no word on the exact date of the first couple CPAT groups from exam 2000? I heard something about a CPAT training class too, has that started yet?! Im playing catch up on all this info...
    Nope nothing on us regular guys yet. Heard that wesshould hear something in mid Jan. Also I spoke to a OTJ liutenant yeaturday while volunteering on Staten island. He said don't worry about the priorty hires. They won't be all going in at once.

On a side note, we were both helping out a family friends tear down his cement sidings nd it was brutal work. He told me the academy is a ****load easier than that was. So I'm pretty stoked and ready to go.
    WTRBG likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

I'm sure this has been posted earlier in the thread, so sorry for reposting if any of you discussed it already. I'm looking for a weight vest. I'd like to go with either 50 or 75lbs for starting to train for the CPAT. I'm high enough on List 2000 to be called for the first class, so I've still got some time, anyway. I started shopping around for a vest but I'm wondering if anyone happens to have one they'd like to get off their hands and/or if someone can advise me on the best place to get one.

Thanks!

Forum Member

Hello, I am also playing catch up on this thread, since there are hundreds of pages, and I was wondering if anybody else has received any paperwork from the FDNY, other than your score and list number? I got a 104, and was told by a friend in the FDNY that I would probably make it into the July academy. So anybody else from a similar list number hear anything else, or receive any new paperwork yet?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Hello, I am also playing catch up on this thread, since there are hundreds of pages, and I was wondering if anybody else has received any paperwork from the FDNY, other than your score and list number? I got a 104, and was told by a friend in the FDNY that I would probably make it into the July academy. So anybody else from a similar list number hear anything else, or receive any new paperwork yet?
    Just look up two post before yours.

No.

Thread Information