Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Cableguy I think you where more than right about that refund. But the class is a tax write off, they didn't make themselves clear on how much you would get back. But thanks for making me aware of this because I would of been expecting some type of huge refund when now I know that's not the case.
    No problem man, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid - people going to get their taxes done and expecting something when it's not going to be there for them. I would still definitely take the class if you can afford it, I mean it couldn't hurt right? I would but I live too far away and have a crappy work schedule that makes it impossible to make it to all of them. Best of luck w/ the prep.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Deleted post
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Forum Member

I heard from a captain today that 200 members are scheduled to retire this month. Also members are on sick leave due to injuries. He also mentioned that they might be hiring just about 1,200 candidates. This is the second time I here this, the first time was when I attended a Vulcan meeting.
    But then again who knows how many candidates FDNY is willing to hire.
    Bullsh*t. You never heard such a thing from any Captain otj. Never, ever, has even close to that number retired in a single month. In single year?... sure.

May I ask why you attended a Vulcan meeting? Considering the fact that they're the reason why everyone is still at this point, it garners the question.

From the whacked out numbers, to the off handed mentioning of the sulcans meeting, your post reeks of troll baiting. You work for 9 metrowreck by any chance? someone sounds bored.

Forum Member

Yea I signed up for the one in queens. I also took classes in long island with the same company. Got a pretty good discount for the cram course. Just in case anybody doesn't want to spend any money on the courses they offer, the instructor informed everyone that you can get a tax write off on your tax returns. Thank god it's like going for a free course.
    Only if you make enough money to itemize. If you get a standard deduction on your taxes then it won't be able to be written off.

I took the classes but missed the last one. I signed up for the cram classes as well. Can some one PM anything worth mentioning about the last class?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-06-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    1200 from the upcoming exam? That does not sound right at all.
    Why too high or too low?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Why too high or too low?
    You're kidding right? The number sounds way off. I don't know which capt he spoke with, but the capt I had the pleasure of chatting with on new year's eve said they need a lot of people. I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, so I won't get into details as to why they need to hire a lot of probies.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

I was just curious what your opinion was. I know 1200 is too low. Especially considering the circumstances.

Forum Member

What's the rumored number or recruits they're looking to potentially hire off of this exam ?

Forum Member

I heard from a captain today that 200 members are scheduled to retire this month. Also members are on sick leave due to injuries. He also mentioned that they might be hiring just about 1,200 candidates. This is the second time I here this, the first time was when I attended a Vulcan meeting.
    But then again who knows how many candidates FDNY is willing to hire.

Please, respectfully, may I request if you're about to post something that starts with "I heard..." stop and don't post it!

We should be here to report, and gather information. Maybe offer up some support every now and then. If this thread becomes mostly rumors and "information" heard 5th hand it will lose all credibility.

Forum Member

Not only this, but his "Captain" either doesn't exist, or is the worse possible source of info ever. Not only is it impossible to know how many guys are retiring, but 200 in a month? Hell no. We average about 300-600 a year. This rate is slowing since about 75% of the job has been hired after 9/11.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Please, respectfully, may I request if you're about to post something that starts with "I heard..." stop and don't post it!

We should be here to report, and gather information. Maybe offer up some support every now and then. If this thread becomes mostly rumors and "information" heard 5th hand it will lose all credibility.
    You know what I agree with you. But it's good to hear that FDNY is looking and needing to hire in those high numbers. Irish6019 I also agree with you, you pointed out something I didn't think about at the moment. But the capt Does exist but maybe he may not be the best reliable source. Just reporting what was mentioned to me. Don't mean to step on your toes.

Forum Member

Has anybody else heard some new info on the upcoming exam? And can anyone from 6019 share their experience from the written exam to the day you went into the rock right before they cancelled the class? What did you do to prepare? What other opportunity did you give up? How has your life changed since then? And last but not least what are you planning to do now?

Forum Member

Does anyone know if test dates are being scheduled on weekends? I've talked to several friends and all of us have weekday test dates.

I'm currently scheduled for a Thursday in April, but would literally have to quit my job to be available on a weekday.

I'm planning on rescheduling once the Candidate Support Line starts up, but I'm not sure if weekend exam times are even possible.

On top of that, does anyone know how the rescheduling will work? Will we be able to give preference to a certain day, or will they just "roll the dice" and give us a random day/time?

Thanks in advance for your help. Good luck to everyone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RentalPillow View Post
    Does anyone know if test dates are being scheduled on weekends? I've talked to several friends and all of us have weekday test dates.

I'm currently scheduled for a Thursday in April, but would literally have to quit my job to be available on a weekday.

I'm planning on rescheduling once the Candidate Support Line starts up, but I'm not sure if weekend exam times are even possible.

On top of that, does anyone know how the rescheduling will work? Will we be able to give preference to a certain day, or will they just "roll the dice" and give us a random day/time?

Mine is on St. Paddy's day which is a Saturday, so they apparently do have some weekend test dates available.

Forum Member

I just realized my test date of April 8th is on Easter Sunday. wtf? Would the city even have people working Easter Sunday? anyone else have this date?

Forum Member

LongCut, Eastern Sunday is not a Federal Holiday so the answer is yes.

Forum Member

Has anybody else heard some new info on the upcoming exam? And can anyone from 6019 share their experience from the written exam to the day you went into the rock right before they cancelled the class? What did you do to prepare? What other opportunity did you give up? How has your life changed since then? And last but not least what are you planning to do now?
    Check this thread. http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...Fdny-List-6019 It documents the plight of 6019 from start to finish. It will answer any questions you may have

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RentalPillow View Post

I doubt anyone here knows the answer. Your best bet is to have a few days ready and hope they don't just roll the dice. Check the last few pages and see when other test dates are being scheduled. Have a few of those dates written and ready when you call/log-on on the 25th.

Forum Member

What an inflammatory f*ck you are.

slick bit with those salt in the wound questions....and those last two sound like some disengenuous information gathering news reporter. Pot stirring POS.

Forum Member

was up guys and gals, finally got my account up and running. Im excited for the upcoming exam and I got mines on April 2, 2012. I also read that the cpat will be used for this exam. Now, I dont know if this source is legit or not, but thats what it said.[URL="http://mritmattersusa.blogspot.com/2011/12/latest-update-on-fdny-exam-2000.html"[/URL]

Anyways, I read all the pages on this forum. See a lot of positive stuff, which is good, but there will always be one smartass on the forum. SKAV, Im not trying to nock you or anything, but you need to stop talking like you know it all. Were all in the same boat, so nock it off. I do agree with the dude above me. The questions you ask are sketchy and a little informent. I hope your not a reporter....going back on topic. Anybody here from brooklyn and want to do some drill runs or just workout in prospect park. Ill be jogging there for the next 4 weeks just to get my stamina up to part. I do p90x too, so if anybody wants to work with me or study material let me know. I want to ace both exams, so if your as hungry as me, give me a shout (PM me). Again, im up for anything!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tny1771 View Post
    What an inflammatory f*ck you are.

slick bit with those salt in the wound questions....and those last two sound like some disengenuous information gathering news reporter. Pot stirring POS.
    what a moron i was asking for a quick history lesson. fdnypd already anwered my question. By the way thank you for making me read that thread very informative. im not here to insult anyone in any way shape or form. i didnt realize that i was talking to vets when it comes to this process. i already made my apologies. after reading 6019's thread i have to say that it really sucks that some of you have to do this process all over again. what gets me mad is that what if this judge isnt satisfied with the end result of this exam? then what another set back? i would hate for this to happen all over again.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 02-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Forum Member

I know we still have a long ways off from the physical, if we even get that far, gotta ace the written but what is everyone else is work out regiment like ? I weight train 3-4 days a week. I typically run 3 miles 4-6 times a week and I do the stair master for 3-5 times a week for 20 minutes at 80 steps a minute, no vest though. I have a 50 pound vest at home but I don't know if my gym would allow me to bring it in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES2CUE718 View Post
    was up guys and gals, finally got my account up and running. Im excited for the upcoming exam and I got mines on April 2, 2012. I also read that the cpat will be used for this exam. Now, I dont know if this source is legit or not, but thats what it said.[URL="http://mritmattersusa.blogspot.com/2011/12/latest-update-on-fdny-exam-2000.html"[/URL]

Anyways, I read all the pages on this forum. See a lot of positive stuff, whi
    ch is good, but there will always be one smartass on the forum. SKAV, Im not trying to nock you or anything, but you need to stop talking like you know it all. Were all in the same boat, so nock it off. I do agree with the dude above me. The questions you ask are sketchy and a little informent. I hope your not a reporter....going back on topic. Anybody here from brooklyn and want to do some drill runs or just workout in prospect park. Ill be jogging there for the next 4 weeks just to get my stamina up to part. I do p90x too, so if anybody wants to work with me or study material let me know. I want to ace both exams, so if your as hungry as me, give me a shout (PM me). Again, im up for anything!
    Hey buddy I tried pm'n you but it says u don't accept pm's. I'm intereste din getting together to run at prospect park, maybe nites . Let me know your scedule. We should get a whole group of us guys taking the exam together.

Forum Member

Getting up to running 8 miles daily without issue is something you should get used to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Getting up to running 8 miles daily without issue is something you should get used to.
    Just when you think you work out a lot as it is lol. This may be a stupid question but can it be broken up, for example 3-4 miles in the morning before work and 3-4 more at night. Or basically 8 miles with no break ? Also like I said I do both the stepmill for 20 minutes and I typically run right after that. Total wise is comes out to 5.5 miles. Would the stepmill constitute part of that 8 miles or does it have to be running ?

Thread Information