Like Tree9526Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Sorry to say but the PH will have seniority also. In other words, the PH will come in at max salary. But, we still have to wait 2-3 years before we can take any promotional test (lieutenant).
    Dude - if you have problems with an FDNY OC exam, you really honestly think you'll do well on a Promo one??? In the words of the NFL Live crew, Cmonnnn Mannn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The benefits of a priority hire: Not only are you guys going to get a payout as if you worked in the FDNY for the past 10+ years but when you actually get on the job you are going to get top pay because you will have the seniority of 10+ years.

“Seniority was earned in the dead of night when these benefactors were home sleeping,” said firefighter Matthew Bland, a nine-year veteran.

I wonder why the second circuit court is taking so long to make a decision. Just wondering. . .
    I agree. There are firefighter who put blood, sweat in tears on this job. In regards to the rulings and second circuit, I have not idea. I am actually getting this information from you guys.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Dude - if you have problems with an FDNY OC exam, you really honestly think you'll do well on a Promo one??? In the words of the NFL Live crew, Cmonnnn Mannn.
    LOL, what makes you think I had problems with the exam. I believe you should research the entirety of the lawsuit. But for your information, I passed both exams and during the first exam I went on the interview. Other than that, i am not sure why I wasnt hired or went to the next stop of the hiring process. Maybe the Vulcan Society knows something I don't know. who knows

Forum Member

I agree. There are firefighter who put blood, sweat in tears on this job. In regards to the rulings and second circuit, I have not idea. I am actually getting this information from you guys.
    I can tell by the way you express yourself that you are a well-educated individual and you resemble a good attitude. You seem to reason well with both sides in regards to the whole FDNY discrimination case. Hopefully, your good attitude is indicative of those of the rest of the Priority Hires.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Will the instructors even know whos a PH from whos not? I dont think that knowledge goes past those involved in the applicant process division. It certainly shouldnt go past the instructors at least although i doubt theyll even know. I mean, i dont think any of the houses are gonna recieve memos saying "Youre getting 6 probies (2 of which were priority hires shhhh..)".

I dont think theyre that screwed up. But i could be wrong. That would be kinda funny tho lol.

Most likely those who get in as PH's wont hear anything from anybody at the house for the rest of their career unless they open their mouths. The issue itself will most definetely continue to be talked about but i wouldnt worry about any personal attacks of retaliation from any of thethers themselves, the instructors or the department for that matter.
    If they can't spell and have grey hair, they are a priority hire
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

LOL, what makes you think I had problems with the exam. I believe you should research the entirety of the lawsuit. But for your information, I passed both exams and during the first exam I went on the interview. Other than that, i am not sure why I wasnt hired or went to the next stop of the hiring process. Maybe the Vulcan Society knows something I don't know. who knows
    When you meet your investigator you should definitely get to the bottom of why you didn't get hired assuming you passed the CPAT, Medical, Background, etc. It could be your exam expired and there was no space left in the last class to put you in or it could be other reasons you don't know.

When I withdrew myself from the NYPD process I received a letter of disqualification as priority mail which I had to confirm and sign that I received it. Does anyone know if FDNY is suppose to send you a DQ letter if you get disqualified and explain the reason being?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    If they can't spell and have grey hair, they are a priority hire
    Knock it off. There's a difference with having a problem with the priority hiring and trying to find fault with the people who will make up that list itself. And who are you to judge at this point? Almost a month in and I can say without a doubt the academy is the toughest thing I've ever done. Plenty of people who were all excited to be here on day one are no longer here. Unless you've been in the military it's probably going to be more difficult than you realize, and overwhelming on several fronts. I think it's BS to criticize or judge others who also want the job when you yourself have yet to go through the process and come out the other side of it.
    zachryw2001, OAK, grok350 and 3 others like this.

Forum Member

hey MM, we were trying to ballpark the figure before but you'd prob know better than us, taking in to account who will/will not have their 2 years for promo by this summer how many EMS eligibles do you think there will be for the July academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    hey MM, we were trying to ballpark the figure before but you'd prob know better than us, taking in to account who will/will not have their 2 years for promo by this summer how many EMS eligibles do you think there will be for the July academy?
    Going to cut to the chase and guess that very few OC people will ultimately be called for July if the city tries to get all of the PHs out of the way in one shot.

Forum Member

Did your phone break? Why didn't you call CID after your investigation was done? Were you expecting the Limo to stop outside your house and let you know your investigation went well or went down the ****ter? I have been through this process, as well as other guys on here, and we all know once you go to Metrotech, you literally harass their asses with phone calls to retrieve your information. It's up to the candidate, not CID, to make sure you fulfill each step of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Going to cut to the chase and guess that very few OC people will ultimately be called for July if the city tries to get all of the PHs out of the way in one shot.
    thanks. that's what my guess was as well.

Forum Member

After the ems list is exhausted and the PH list is exhausted there could be very few spots left for OC candidates. If there is less then 50 spots left I wouldn't be surprised if they have the July class smaller then normal. The reason behind this is to extend the OC list as long as possible to save money.

Forum Member

I don't believe the ratio is a 1/4 ratio. I believe it to be much closer to 1/3. Someone said they processed 920 for his class of 320. Easier physical etc. Probably a lower ratio at the top of list with legacies and veterans/dv who might be that extra bit more motivated. Just shooting the **** to some of the stuff i read earlier.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    When you meet your investigator you should definitely get to the bottom of why you didn't get hired assuming you passed the CPAT, Medical, Background, etc. It could be your exam expired and there was no space left in the last class to put you in or it could be other reasons you don't know.

When I withdrew myself from the NYPD process I received a letter of disqualification as priority mail which I had to confirm and sign that I received it. Does anyone know if FDNY is suppose to send you a DQ letter if you get disqualified and explain the reason being?
    My NYPD investigator just stopped calling me back. I was assuming it was because I was not timely enough with my paper work or my list expired. Does it matter, the reason I ask is because I have retaken the test.

On a side note can some one remind of what month it was that this list 2000 was published? not officially but when we all saw it? thanks
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    My NYPD investigator just stopped calling me back. I was assuming it was because I was not timely enough with my paper work or my list expired. Does it matter, the reason I ask is because I have retaken the test.

On a side note can some one remind of what month it was that this list 2000 was published? not officially but when we all saw it? thanks
    October 5th
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

do you mean no expressing ourselves about dislike for the priority decision. Just curious what you think they will not like? I will try to adjust what I say accordingly.
    I just meant it in a general way, not in regards to any particular comment. I just think it's good to be careful about what you post. While there are many useful and/or constructive posts, sometimes things get a little out of hand with useless in-fighting and I feel some of that could shed negative light on all of us. In the past, the media has used quotes from the FDNY rant. You just never know who's looking and could twist what is said here.

Forum Member

Thanks and thanks.

Manhatten Medic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what is so hard about the academy. I realize it def is extremely hard, just was curious if you could elaborate on what is surprisingly difficult. thanks
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

John smith, im pretty sure for the only class off of 6019 it took just under 900 guys on the OC list to fill the class. That class also had promo guys in it so the ratio for the OC list was more the. 1:3.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks and thanks.

Manhatten Medic. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what is so hard about the academy. I realize it def is extremely hard, just was curious if you could elaborate on what is surprisingly difficult. thanks
    I'm obviously not in the academy right now, but IMO the hardest part of the academy for most people besides the physical aspect of it will be the way the academy is probably very paramilitary.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    John smith, im pretty sure for the only class off of 6019 it took just under 900 guys on the OC list to fill the class. That class also had promo guys in it so the ratio for the OC list was more the. 1:3.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me.
    Only class from exam 6019 was a class of aaprox 315.
    225 were from the open competitive exam.
    In order to get 225 from the OC exam they reached list # 886.
    Thats a ratio of almost 1 : 4
    HopefulFF and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

Thanks and thanks.

I could but I won't. You'll understand when you get there.

Forum Member

Stop asking how difficult proby school is. Just train your hardest and you shouldn't have any problems.
    zachryw2001 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

I say we get a private facebook group going. I think it'd be good to put some names to faces and maybe organize groups runs or something.
    River6019, OAK, Jrugger and 3 others like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I say we get a private facebook group going. I think it'd be good to put some names to faces and maybe organize groups runs or something.
    I have bad acne And my right eye is bigger than my left

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I have bad acne And my right eye is bigger than my left
    Well slap some joint compound on your face and throw on an eye patch.
    Jukez and coldblood92 like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information