Like Tree9531Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    No offense almostthere but do yourself a favor, fix the grammar. It just gives people more reasons to feel the way they do about "priority hires". Now back to your comment, EMS knew they were going in first since before we took the test. That's more than plenty of time to get yourself at a physical level where the academy shouldn't be overwhelming. Capish!!??? Or better yet, you get what I'm saying homie?
    No offense taking, but this is a message board. A person message broad grammer shouldn't determine what they are about academically, etc.

Besides that, I hope all are preparing themselves. I wasn't aware a 1.5 mile run is required before the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    No matter what your thoughts are on the whole PH situation, that is NOT how we conduct ourselves.
    You guys do not need to live up to the stereotype the Vulcans or the judge tries to say we are.
    Stereo type? What makes you think I'm a white male? Have I ever mentioned what my ethnicity is? I don't think so. So I'll just say this, I wouldn't fall under the Vulcan "stereo type" because I am not a white male, I'm actually a minority who got screwed over from 6019 because of the lawsuit.

Sorry to point it out but you are stereo typing me in a way, just cause I show the same amount of interest in this job if not more than all the members of this thread doesn't mean I'm white.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    This is great information. I can't believe a lot of guys are not 100% in shape for the academy. Reason I say this is because a substantial amount of time is giving to prepare for academy. Please guys, and I say please in great sincerity, prepare yourselves and take advantage of this vital information. I am off to the gym now.

Thanks

This is great information, but who are you saying please take advantage of this vital information to? Most people on this message board have been here for 4+ years waiting for our shot, we dont need you coming in pleading with us to please stay in shape. Take the 'vital information' for yourself, your going to be the one skipping the line and getting a shot before us. So please, and I mean this sincerely, refrain from giving advice to the people whos place you are taking. Or maybe your thinking just went off, who knows.

Forum Member

LOL, what makes you think I had problems with the exam. I believe you should research the entirety of the lawsuit. But for your information, I passed both exams and during the first exam I went on the interview. Other than that, i am not sure why I wasnt hired or went to the next stop of the hiring process. Maybe the Vulcan Society knows something I don't know. who knows
    Just curious, what were your scores on both exams? Because all the answers you give are basically without truth or at least facts but rather with an open endness leaving no transperancy.

Forum Member

Stereo type? What makes you think I'm a white male? Have I ever mentioned what my ethnicity is? I don't think so. So I'll just say this, I wouldn't fall under the Vulcan "stereo type" because I am not a white male, I'm actually a minority who got screwed over from 6019 because of the lawsuit.

Sorry to point it out but you are stereo typing me in a way, just cause I show the same amount of interest in this job if not more than all the members of this thread doesn't mean I'm white.
    What bam is saying is don't put yourself in a position that stereotypes one over the other, he's not saying you're white he's saying don't stereotype the other guy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    What bam is saying is don't put yourself in a position that stereotypes one over the other, he's not saying you're white he's saying don't stereotype the other guy.
    Vulcans stereo type white male firefighters, I'm just pointing out that my opinion on the PH is not because I'm white. Regardless I understand what you mean and will refrain myself from making such comments. I will say it again, I'm not here to make enemies at all.
    ffbam24 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Hey river, and anyone else who wants to give their opinion, I was thinking (which can be dangerous lol) about what was said earlier in the forum about how the priority hires may still get in because by the time we find out about the appeal it may be to late and we wouldn't be able to fill a class with just the EMS and 750 OC guys being processed. My question is, if this was the case, would they offer a spot to all the eligible EMS guys followed by the 750 OC guys, and just fill up the remaining spots with some of the priority hires. Or would the priority guys go first still?

I know no one knows the answer for sure but I'm just asking in case it was mentioned and/or any ones opinion.

To me it doesn't make sense to use the priority hires at all if we win the appeal, but if they do wind up using them in order to get a full class, then they shouldn't have priority over the EMS guys and 750 OC guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    This is great information, but who are you saying please take advantage of this vital information to? Most people on this message board have been here for 4+ years waiting for our shot, we dont need you coming in pleading with us to please stay in shape. Take the 'vital information' for yourself, your going to be the one skipping the line and getting a shot before us. So please, and I mean this sincerely, refrain from giving advice to the people whos place you are taking. Or maybe your thinking just went off, who knows.
    Thank you for writing this before I did.

Forum Member

how accurate are you guys with your employment history dates? I am having trouble remembering when I started/finished a job from 2003. I can remember the months, but not specific days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    how accurate are you guys with your employment history dates? I am having trouble remembering when I started/finished a job from 2003. I can remember the months, but not specific days.
    The way I did it in 08' was putting month/year ... That was good enough for my investigator.

Forum Member

The way I did it in 08' was putting month/year ... That was good enough for my investigator.
    great, thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Just curious, what were your scores on both exams? Because all the answers you give are basically without truth or at least facts but rather with an open endness leaving no transperancy.
    I received a 85 on the first exam. Not sure what I scored on the second one. Any other questions you have?

Forum Member

Anyone know the best way to contact DCAS about updating my email address? I've called them a few times but they all seem to have their head up their ***, so just seeing if anyone knows an email address or a way to change it online. Thanks in advance
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Hey river, and anyone else who wants to give their opinion, I was thinking (which can be dangerous lol) about what was said earlier in the forum about how the priority hires may still get in because by the time we find out about the appeal it may be to late and we wouldn't be able to fill a class with just the EMS and 750 OC guys being processed. My question is, if this was the case, would they offer a spot to all the eligible EMS guys followed by the 750 OC guys, and just fill up the remaining spots with some of the priority hires. Or would the priority guys go first still?

I know no one knows the answer for sure but I'm just asking in case it was mentioned and/or any ones opinion.

To me it doesn't make sense to use the priority hires at all if we win the appeal, but if they do wind up using them in order to get a full class, then they shouldn't have priority over the EMS guys and 750 OC guys.
    Well, the EMS promos still get first the shot over the PHs until they are tapped out. Then, the PHs get in over the 40,000 plus people on the OC. The OC list would be filling in the last spots in the summer class, which I still feel like will be about 150 spots.

I still check everyday to see if the 2nd circuit court at least grants some kind of stay on the judge's order before they rule on the appeal. It really is complete BS that they can't hold off on the PHs till their appointment is ruled legal or not.

Sorry Edit: Forgot the PHs get in at the same time as OC but 3 of them go in for every 2 OC guys. Though I still feel like in the end for this summer class it'll be about 50 EMS promos, 100 PHs, and over 150 OC people.
    Last edited by River6019; 02-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    what is a service # ? i cant find that on my dd214, but it asks for it on the backround packet in military experiece... is that your emplid?

It's your ss# at least that is what i use when asked that
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

I received a 85 on the first exam. Not sure what I scored on the second one. Any other questions you have?
    Well, that score is exactly why you didn't get hired. The lowest score hired from list 7029 was just about 90. The lowest score hired from list 2043 was in the neighborhood of 92 or so.

These are educated estimates, but certainly close.

Forum Member

I've been reading your posts and you seem like a nice guy...but c'mon, you got an 85 on the first test, which isn't even close to hiring range, and on the next test you never even bothered to find out your score. Do you really think that you reserve priority hiring status over everyone else? (not to mention backpay and seniority)

MembersZone Subscriber

Just finished up the CPD-B packet, now just have to wait for March to come. On a side note anyone know of a room for rent during the academy or wanting to split an apartment?
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Well, that score is exactly why you didn't get hired. The lowest score hired from list 7029 was just about 90. The lowest score hired from list 2043 was in the neighborhood of 92 or so.

These are educated estimates, but certainly close.

What list number did they get on those tests FDsouthbxNY? thanks
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Do you know what the difference of 5 to 7 points was on the first test? 2100-2500 spots at least!
    Do you know what that means when it comes to being in the hirable range?
    You failed.

And now in a list that reaches into the TENS of thousands, help me out guys, what is the difference in 5 points on List 2000?
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Do you know what the difference of 5 to 7 points was on the first test? 2100-2500 spots at least!
    You failed.

And now in a list that reaches into the TENS of thousands, help me out guys, what is the difference in 5 points on List 2000?
    The difference is a list number in "Hiring Range" or a list number of 20,000.
    Fdny Exam 2000
    List # 3***

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What list number did they get on those tests FDsouthbxNY? thanks
    Those tests both reached up to and a little above the 5000 mark. Remember though, we had a competetative physical then, so the hiring ratio was lower because by the time the list was established a lot of people who weren't serious about the task had dropped out.

Forum Member

You failed.

Just checked. I have a 101 and I'm at 21xx (one of the last 101's mind you. there are some in the 1200's). The last 96, which is only 5 points lower than myself is at 11,xxx. That's almost 7,000.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Just saw on the Merit Matters FB group that the 2nd Circuit just granted the request for a stay of Judge Garafuis's Injunctive Relief Order.

Maybe it's not too late after all.
    Last edited by anapolitano89; 02-07-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Those tests both reached up to and a little above the 5000 mark. Remember though, we had a competetative physical then, so the hiring ratio was lower because by the time the list was established a lot of people who weren't serious about the task had dropped out.
    I was mid 5000s on list 2043 and missed out by 1 class.

Thread Information