Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 184234274281282283284285286287294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 20395
Like Tree7747Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    yeah can they access medical records?

i played many sports growing up and threw college. ive hurt my ankle, i strained my ACL(knee) and ive hurt my back from a fall. All of which have 100% resolved. I have seen a doctor for all 3 and went to PT for the knee and back.
    i mostly feel pain on my left kneecap when i jog outdoors ive been thinking of buying a patellar strap because the pt said it was a tracking problem. btw..congrats to everyone going into the january class i think we'd all appreciate it if you kept us posted once u join the academ and good luck to everyone else waiting to be called we're all on this forum for the same purpose and thats to become a member of the worlds greatest fire department..well atleast i think its the best lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    i mostly feel pain on my left kneecap when i jog outdoors ive been thinking of buying a patellar strap because the pt said it was a tracking problem. btw..congrats to everyone going into the january class i think we'd all appreciate it if you kept us posted once u join the academ and good luck to everyone else waiting to be called we're all on this forum for the same purpose and thats to become a member of the worlds greatest fire department..well atleast i think its the best lol
    Same here dude. Except on the right patella. Build your quads up nd thighs up and you should be fine.
    BKLYNBOY likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Congrats dude - good luck and thanks for the info....andddd the Nets stink! ; )
    lol they not that bad they just dont know how to close out a game been to a couple of games and they looked good
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm really curious. How does it feel to be that close I kind of can't imagine? haha
    To be honest its been sorta surreal for me, I had a lot of bumps in the road from getting on to EMS to issues with my medical to where I'm at now, Im going to just say this if you want this job "FIGHT FOR IT" Definitely a humbling experience! Wont ever forget my EMS roots.

Just like MM said I feel like I'm just waiting to jump out a plane.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say they're "jerks." This whole thing isn't their fault, it's some crazy judge. I'm sure most of them wanted to get on as bad as you do. It's like the really ugly dude with the hot girlfriend. Sure people are going to talk ***** behind his back, but at the end of the day he's still with the girl, he's happy, and apparently she's happy.
    Yeah but they are taking advantage of the system and going with a I got mine attitude. Plus they are now going to be grouped into the group of you're here because we made you here. Really isn't the right idea is it, especially considering that you had a Medal of Honor winner turn down special preference.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

I wouldn't exactly say they're "jerks." This whole thing isn't their fault, it's some crazy judge. I'm sure most of them wanted to get on as bad as you do. It's like the really ugly dude with the hot girlfriend. Sure people are going to talk ***** behind his back, but at the end of the day he's still with the girl, he's happy, and apparently she's happy.
    If they wanted it so badly, they shoulda been prepared! I'll be blunt.....F@#K those guys. Lazy bags of ***** who couldn't put in the effort over ten years and cried racism. They'll never have the respect of members on the job.

Forum Member

for you EMS guys, how much time was there between when you got your letter for the medical & the actual date you had to go in? Thanks.

Forum Member

I felt like calling them "jerks" was putting it as nicely as I could manage. What would you call a group of people that failed a test an 8th grader could've passed over a decade ago and now want money, priority hiring, and retro active seniority when for all you know they could've been working 10 hours a week and living in their mom's house for the last 15 years.

What this boils down to is, they are totally fine with calling the FDNY (their future brothers and employers for LIFE) racists just so that they can get a shot they don't deserve on a job people bust their @$$es for years to get.

On a lighter note its seems like you have a crush on your ugly friend's girlfriend.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    for you EMS guys, how much time was there between when you got your letter for the medical & the actual date you had to go in? Thanks.
    Barely a week for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Barely a week for me.
    damn! OK, thanks.

Forum Member

damn! OK, thanks.
    It wasn't totally out of the blue though, because people had already been going through medicals for several weeks. I was actually getting pretty nervous that I hadn't yet gotten a date, and then it came and it turns out mine was one of the last days they were doing it.

The first thing you should get in the mail is an invite to CPAT orientation. Once you start doing that expect everything else to come quick.

Forum Member

It wasn't totally out of the blue though, because people had already been going through medicals for several weeks. I was actually getting pretty nervous that I hadn't yet gotten a date, and then it came and it turns out mine was one of the last days they were doing it.

The first thing you should get in the mail is an invite to CPAT orientation. Once you start doing that expect everything else to come quick.
    I'm trying to gauge when I could expect to get called in for the CPAT/Med. Based on how your timeline went when do you think that'll happen for guys getting processed for a possible June class? Sometime in Feb? Or maybe March?

Forum Member

I'm trying to gauge when I could expect to get called in for the CPAT/Med. Based on how your timeline went when do you think that'll happen for guys getting processed for a possible June class? Sometime in Feb? Or maybe March?
    August 30 - Received Background Investigation packet, around this time the department also sent out invite for orientation/sign up for the CPAT prep class
    September 17ish - orientation sessions at The Rock for CPAT prep class
    September 25 - CPAT prep class starts
    October 4 - List #s leaked
    October 11 & 16 - CPAT Orientation dates at DCAS testing center
    October 17 - Background Investigation meeting
    Late October - Actually got my score/List # in the mail
    November 15 - Medical
    December 1 - CPAT practice #1
    December 10 - CPAT practice #2
    December 13 - CPAT final attempt

Things felt pretty rushed all the way through, so I imagine they'd like to get started sooner and have a bit more time to work with OC people. So hopefully for your sake and theirs, they'll get going with it in January/February as soon as this class goes in.

Forum Member

they called me on a thursday I believe and my medical was the following friday so train because you never know if it's going to move fast or slow
    HopefulFF likes this.
    01-13

Forum Member

damn! OK, thanks.
    Pretty sure they keep the span short between the letter mailing and the actual medical so guys don't have time to try and flush the system for the drug test. Sounds logical....
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Pretty sure they keep the span short between the letter mailing and the actual medical so guys don't have time to try and flush the system for the drug test. Sounds logical....
    I wish it was faster tho.. One week is more than enough to flush a system. Damn I wish they used a hair test

Forum Member

In the Psychological Interview do they ask you similar questions to the Psychological questions from the written exam to test the accuracy and honesty of your answers ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I wish it was faster tho.. One week is more than enough to flush a system. Damn I wish they used a hair test
    Damn you're a narc. Why do you care about which method they use? If someone has a real problem then they probably won't be able to stop and they will show up positive. If someone smokes pot once and a while and stops so that they can pass the test/get on that doesn't really bother me.

Forum Member

Damn you're a narc. Why do you care about which method they use? If someone has a real problem then they probably won't be able to stop and they will show up positive. If someone smokes pot once and a while and stops so that they can pass the test/get on that doesn't really bother me.
    Although I would love to be a firefighter, you called me out on my real dream job.. DEA lol

No I just want to make sure I get into the May academy with a list number in the low 800s.. stricter drug enforcement means better chance. Once im on, I dont care what they smoke lol

Forum Member

I guess with a hair sample drug test (which can trace drugs up to a year or so) like they do in NYPD more people will be disqualified and this will be better for those in the upper list numbers.

Thread Information