Like Tree9889Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

slacks or khakis, collared shirt, blazer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I said that if my moral compass was REALLY that great, that i would not have even taken the exam.

My reason for saying that is becuz when i attended a tuturial session which was given by the Vulcans, they actually barred the white applicants frim attending. They made the whites literally stand outside and wait until all minorities had taken a seat.

Although im african american, this deeply disturbed me and i actually thought about not even taking the test, just to avoid having a hand in discriminaton. However, I WANT TO BE A FIREFIGHTER. And that trumps all other issues for me. So i took the test and passed. Now i want to get on the job.

I was there for that fiasco in Queens, that was crazy. I laugh now thinking how they turned me away from a prep session because I was white, and PH's might bump me from the July class. It's not a "that's funny" laugh though. The blacks/hispanics who were there, and I spoke to a few, seemed a little uncomfortable watching it all take place too. I took that as at least something positive that happened that night.

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Hey guys quick question. Going to cpat orientation Saturday afternoon. After the military I went to school so have never been in the business world and don't really know what business casual is and don't wanna underdress. If anyone could post example is it like golf clothes like khakis and a collard shirt ? Or like a suite with no tie

I'm going to go button down shirt, and dress pants. Khakis and a button down should be more than enough. Maybe a polo shirt if it was warmer out, but I'm going to go long sleeved button down, no tie. My office is business casual now and that's my usual work attire.

Forum Member

Anyone know what this information session is going to cover? Sorry I'm gonna try to make it down from the Sub base in CT if I can. Im signed up for Sat at noon.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Anyone know what this information session is going to cover? Sorry I'm gonna try to make it down from the Sub base in CT if I can. Im signed up for Sat at noon.

Just got back from mine. Very informative. They'll cover all there is to know about the CPAT training sessions as well as the CPAT itself. You get to ask loads of questions (regarding the cpat only), they show you a video of the CPAT and they introduce you to the various organizations within the department of which you can sign up for and be a part; Vulcans included..

They also discuss the mentorship program and answer any questions you may have regarding that as well. The whole thing is about 3 hours. The last thing youll do is sign up for whatever night you wish to attend the training session. You get to go home with a nice CPAT preparation booklet as well.

The only hard part was actually finding the Academy grounds itself. Only becuz the email which contained the directions tells you how to get to Randalls Island only. Once on the island, youre on your own until you see that first sign which says FDNY Academy, after you have already driven down the road for 1/4 mile and turned into the wrong parking lot.

Or that couldve just been me lol
    mocon337, grok350 and coldblood92 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Just got back from mine. Very informative. They'll cover all there is to know about the CPAT training sessions as well as the CPAT itself. You get to ask loads of questions (regarding the cpat only), they show you a video of the CPAT and they introduce you to the various organizations within the department of which you can sign up for and be a part; Vulcans included..

They also discuss the mentorship program and answer any questions you may have regarding that as well. The whole thing is about 3 hours. The last thing youll do is sign up for whatever night you wish to attend the training session. You get to go home with a nice CPAT preparation booklet as well.

The only hard part was actually finding the Academy grounds itself. Only becuz the email which contained the directions tells you how to get to Randalls Island only. Once on the island, youre on your own until you see that first sign which says FDNY Academy, after you have already driven down the road for 1/4 mile and turned into the wrong parking lot.

Or that couldve just been me lol
    Do we have to bring anything with us?

Forum Member

I really hope the guy at the McCarren track who doesn't wear shorts over his thermal running tights isn't one of you guys.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Hey I'm new to this thread but first off I want to say good luck to everyone who took the test. I scored a 102 which puts me in the late 700s. Considering I could be getting paper work pretty soon I was wondering if anyone could help me with one of my concerns. Does anyone know what kind of drug test the fdny administers ? I smoked pot a couple of times about 4 years ago and I know it wouldn't come up in a urine test, but I'm not so sure about a body hair test. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone .

Forum Member

I took a practice run down there and almost got lost too lol. I had no clue where to turn in and after a while of the winding road i saw the academy entrance. Im from staten island, i wonder how the guys in the academy now do with traveling. It was almost an hour with not much traffic, but i know how that bqe can get in the morning, it must be rough

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I took a practice run down there and almost got lost too lol. I had no clue where to turn in and after a while of the winding road i saw the academy entrance. Im from staten island, i wonder how the guys in the academy now do with traveling. It was almost an hour with not much traffic, but i know how that bqe can get in the morning, it must be rough

Don't worry, after the academy you'll never have to leave the island again........
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I'm on SI too. If we both get in maybe we can car pool.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by john_velooch View Post
    Hey I'm new to this thread but first off I want to say good luck to everyone who took the test. I scored a 102 which puts me in the late 700s. Considering I could be getting paper work pretty soon I was wondering if anyone could help me with one of my concerns. Does anyone know what kind of drug test the fdny administers ? I smoked pot a couple of times about 4 years ago and I know it wouldn't come up in a urine test, but I'm not so sure about a body hair test. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone .
    urine test - you'll be fine. Just remain clean it's not worth it!
    FDsouthbxNY and john_velooch like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I'm on SI too. If we both get in maybe we can car pool.
    This IS a good idea. For anyone who is coming from far away, car pooling will save you a lot of money. Once you're settled into Companies and Squads you'll be able to figure this all out. Plan on driving yourself for the first week though while this is figured out
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks ! Yeah I don't plan on doing it ever again, what a mistake and boy do I regret it haha. Thanks again

Forum Member

Anyone ever get jammed up on pd processing? Wondering if/what hurdles that might present going forward w fd

MembersZone Subscriber

Many people make choices not realizing the ramifications it could have later on in life. Which is part of life.

You'll get opportunity to set up carpools in the early days if you don't have one set up right away. But it's a good idea to do a test run early on a weekday to gauge what traffic will be like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't worry, after the academy you'll never have to leave the island again........
    Lol I'm guessing si guys usually stay here?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Anyone ever get jammed up on pd processing? Wondering if/what hurdles that might present going forward w fd
    From what I've heard, it's the complaints filed that bog a lot of the PD guys down.

Forum Member

I remember someone saying that they were going to bring their medical clearance form to the CPAT informative session. Is this required or suggested? I don't really see there being an opportunity to hand that in. Anyone who went to a meeting already have any info on this? I'm going to the 8am Saturday

Forum Member

I usually train every morning in Prospect Park if anyone wants company.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Does anyone know if you have to disclose or does investigations already know if you have applied before to other city jobs such as PD?

If so, does a DQ from PD affect your employment on FD or does a previous PD psychological influence the FDNY's decision on hiring you.

Forum Member

I don't know that fd concerns itself with pd background or if they are in contact- if you are fingerprinted at pd for processing it comes up that you applied for other agencies

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke1011 View Post
    Do we have to bring anything with us?
    Just your photo ID and the medical clearance form. If you dont have the medical clearance form yet then thats ok. You just have to bring the form with you the day you return for the actual training session. So really, just your ID.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    If there aren't that many EMTs still on 2500 and God-willing the PHs get held up/scattered, I think guys in the 2000's should stay vigilant for getting something this summer. Keep getting more fit. And if you're going to take a p*ss or have a drink, make sure it's done INDOORS.
    Scattered is not good enough, they would still be taking up spots.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Just your photo ID and the medical clearance form. If you dont have the medical clearance form yet then thats ok. You just have to bring the form with you the day you return for the actual training session. So really, just your ID.
    Thank you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Boys don't forget that most of the guys dropped from proby school WILL get recycled again for the summer class.
    So most who dropped out get a second chaince at the academy?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information