Like Tree11279Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Is the butterfly wearing a fire helmet?
    I got a Betty boo in my arm ... If I make it I'm planning on putting bunker gear and a helmet to it .. To give a better look
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl75 View Post
    Anyone know who I have to speak to in order to defer the process? Also where I can find the accepted reasons for deferment? I just got my background packet in the mail but I am still in school and need to defer until after the summer.

Thanks!
    EXTRAORDINARILY UNWISE. School's not going anywhere. Think about this a bit more. And also think about the poor guys who deferred from the only 6019 class that went through, got hired for the next one that was cancelled, then fired two days later. And had to do it all over again, test and all! If the job comes to you and you want it, TAKE IT. Finish school later.

Do us all one favor though. Make your decision, whatever it is, but stick to it. Don't take a spot from a guy then drop out of the Academy. I'm not a big name caller, but if you turn this down to finish ONE SINGLE semester of college, I have to question whether or not you're even smart enough to be on this job.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    ffbam24, vekdoggs75 and DannyD0pe like this.

Banned

Can I ask why every one is so against the PH. Don't all Ph have to take the same test and requirement just like every one else?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Can I ask why every one is so against the PH. Don't all Ph have to take the same test and requirement just like every one else?
    to simply answer this question... PHs, yes have to take the same test. But they do not have to score as well. They are going to be on there own list. Moreover, the ladies and gent PHs are people who didn't even score well enough on a less competitive exam. (By less competitive I mean far less people took the exam)... Most people feel for this reason they are less qualified and less deserving.

I hope I answered this clearly and well enough that the entire next 3 pages doesn't have to be everyone else ranting.

Thank you
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Banned

Have you seen the score of the ph. Out of 729 people that took the test 369 score 95 or above. Some 120 with score of 102 and better. I only ask because I read the thread and see so much bashing toward the Ph.

Forum Member

Because from a guy who took the 02 and didn't score well enough to get hired, I never got a "skip the line" try for this exam. Why wouldn't guys be upset about it?

Forum Member

Have you seen the score of the ph. Out of 729 people that took the test 369 score 95 or above. Some 120 with score of 102 and better. I only ask because I read the thread and see so much bashing toward the Ph.
    Well let's think about this one now. In the 99 and 02 exams they couldn't score well enough, but now this survey they administered they all score well? Oh and don't forget they were basically tutored by the Vulcan society for it as well.

Banned

Have any one took a look at the ph forum site that they post on???

Banned

You are right some didn't score well enough but some did in was pass over. Thats why i ask have anyone view there forum for ph.

Forum Member

You are right some didn't score well enough but some did in was pass over. Thats why i ask have anyone view there forum for ph.
    What do you mean by "pass over" because I'm a little confused there.

Forum Member

Have any one took a look at the ph forum site that they post on???
    wasnt aware of one. If you could post a link to the forum and there test results I would love to take a look at both
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

i went searching for both; the forum and test results. I couldnt find either. PH test results arent even posted on nyc.gov with the rest of 2000 or 2500. Help us out whymetoo
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Where do you cite this information from? I know that 490 passed the exam because FB announced it. As long as a PH gets a 70 he/she gets a shot at the academy; either at the second or third class. In the OC list someone must get at least a 97 to be CONSIDERED. Also the Vulcan's tutored the PH's to get high scores and shut the doors at White's that sought the same help. The process wasn't fair because it didn't give an equal opportunity to ALL. That's why there is a negative vibe against PH's on this thread.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-15-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone in the LIC/Astoria area going to the orientation at noon tomorrow? Willing to pick up a guy in LIC? Throw ya a few bucks for gas.

Edit: Hope they don't mine jeans and a button up. That's about all I got for civilian clothes right now and I REALLY don't want to be that guy wearing a uniform.
    Last edited by Desire4theJob; 02-15-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

r u serious?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    extraordinarily unwise. School's not going anywhere. Think about this a bit more. And also think about the poor guys who deferred from the only 6019 class that went through, got hired for the next one that was cancelled, then fired two days later. And had to do it all over again, test and all! If the job comes to you and you want it, take it. Finish school later.

Do us all one favor though. Make your decision, whatever it is, but stick to it. Don't take a spot from a guy then drop out of the academy. I'm not a big name caller, but if you turn this down to finish one single semester of college, i have to question whether or not you're even smart enough to be on this job.
    amen to that !!!!!

Forum Member

The first and most obvious reason is because racial discrimination is WRONG.

My second reason is becuz one of them will most likely steal my seat in the next class.

And there are some other reasons. Stick around to learn more.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    to simply answer this question... PHs, yes have to take the same test. But they do not have to score as well. They are going to be on there own list. Moreover, the ladies and gent PHs are people who didn't even score well enough on a less competitive exam. (By less competitive I mean far less people took the exam)... Most people feel for this reason they are less qualified and less deserving.

I hope I answered this clearly and well enough that the entire next 3 pages doesn't have to be everyone else ranting.

Thank you
    They are also getting a second chance and psuhed through based on the color of their skin, which by definition is racism. They are taking a spot(limited number of spots) from another who's civil right's entitle him or her to that spot because they competed for it, but that individual is not the correct color so they can just discriminate against him or her and give their spot to some under acheiver from 10 years ago. Social enginering was something america fought against in world war 2, now we are letting it happen because of politics.

What is so hard to understand. What if they told your mother or father that they had to fire them because they weren't the right color and hire some one who fit their idea of what looks PC. Then everyone has to work with someone who is less qualified and is moraly arrogant. Whats the point of doing anything to better yourself or work hard if they are hiring based on skin color.

They should be called Charity hires, who's priority is it to hire these people. Violating an individuals civil rights and fair chance at a job for group politics.
    vekdoggs75, emtnyc2012 and Mtk123 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

On another note fellas ... Who ran today ???? Came out of work ran the 1.5 in 11:45 hey after picking up 15 tons of garbage I think that's GREEEATTTTT !!! Plus squats !!! Now I feel like I got ranned over !!! ... Lights out for until later on ... Don't let whymetoo ruin the afternoon fellas its gorgeous outside !!!
    vekdoggs75 and Blinkster like this.

Forum Member

95 isn't good enough. What about the thousands upon thousands of white people who didn't make it by a point or two. I work with these people doing security, they have like 3 jobs to make morgage payments and sleep 3 hours a night most days. When do they get a pay out for failing by one point? I never hear any one of them bash the test or merit system either, they know how competitive it is. They just find it unbeleivable about the racial handouts.
    Every one who opens their mouth with an opinion in oposition of merit based hiring is either Full of it or doesn't even know how NYC hires it's civil servants. I was speaking to a lawyer about it and he didn't even know about civil service testing yet he called FDNY a bunch of Nazis, then had a stupid look on his face when explained that every civil service employee was hired that way through DCAS. He also didn't know what DCAS was, most people don't and thus they are not educated enough to have an opinion.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.
    i be going to the gym about 4 days a week and run each time at least 1.5 miles. but after the 1.5 mile and at 13 mins 20 seconds im a bit tired. like i struggle a bit, but im still doing it..im going to start running outside again...i have no time to slack cuz im expecting to receive notices after july after the next class goes in, since im in the high 700's with a score of 102... im working on it guys. i will try to keep updating.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Where do you cite this information from? I know that 490 passed the exam because FB announced it. As long as a PH gets a 70 he/she gets a shot at the academy; either at the second or third class. In the OC list someone must get at least a 97 to be CONSIDERED. Also the Vulcan's tutored the PH's to get high scores and shut the doors at White's that sought the same help. The process wasn't fair because it didn't give an equal opportunity to ALL. That's why there is a negative vibe against PH's on this thread.
    Because it now looks like we wont be getting any links to any of the foregone info...
    (and it looks like whymetoo is a PH)

I've tried my best to stay as quite as possible on the entire PH situation. And being humble and Shuting TFU are not strong suits of mine. Im gonna break this down. I scored near perfect on this exam. I have a sickly high IQ(top 2%), as i suspect most of the people who did extremely well on the exam do as well. MY STRONG SUITS are mathematics, logic, deductive reasons and psychology. Tis why I played poker for a living for an extended amount of time.

HERE IS WHERE UR **** BREAKS DOWN!!!!
    given both pieces of information above(both quotes). On what fu.cked up bell curve do only 2/3 of the people taken the exam pass. And other other remaining sample... Whymetoo according the numbers you listed 16.4% of the test takers score in what would have been the top 2.5% of the OC list which had over 40,000 test takers. Do you not see the problem with these numbers? The theory of large numbers tells us that there is something wrong with this number distribution.

Moreover, the vulcan soceity has been less than fair.
    Example A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqzKlbvRqI
    Example B. I have two FFs who are mentoring me threw the process(thank god). But one of them that lives in my building. A few days before I went to take exam 2000 one of them said to me(i just happened to bump into him), "Did you receive an email regarding the 2nd part of the test?" Well the email was forwarded to him from someone. It was an email that the vulcan society sent out. Giving information about how to score well on the second part of the exam. If I did not get a chance to look at this piece of information I most likely would have answered some of those questions differently.

Lastly, no one really knew how the format of the exam was going to be. Most of us had some idea, but were taking the exam "in the dark". The PHs that were going to take the exam, I'm sure were taught exactly what was going to be on it. And exactly how to do well.

Forum Member

I am gathering by his grammar, spelling, and general lack of facts Whymetoo is likely a PH. You'll get no useful info from him.
    vekdoggs75 and SouthBK84 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

FDsouthbxNY and mocon337 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Whymetoo = almostthere ????
    Both seem to have the same self entitlement vibe going on.

To answer the question: Because you FAILED the first time!
    Being given head of the line privilege over those that have persevered and worked their tails off is just plain wrong.

The way our system works, you were not passed over unless you had not met all the requirements necessary (i.e.: age, CFR, etc), did not keep in contact or didn't update your address or actually deferred on your own. It's not because you were "discriminated against".

Do they have to take the same test and requirement just like everyone else?
    Yes.
    But they should not have been given the opportunity in the first place. It is only happening because some misguided judge thinks the 50's & 60's aren't over.

Thread Information