not going to lie, so jealous right now. lol
Hello everyone. I've been following this forum for some time. I just wanted to know my chances of getting in any time soon? That way I don't have to put my hopes up high for next year or maybe the year after?
anyone has the contact info for the military liaison? i just want to speak to someone about what to expect if they send me a packet and i have to miss any part of the hiring process (CPAT classes, Meet up with investigator, etc) due to me being active duty until June.
I have a list number of X < 150 and Im really scared to have to defer cause I get out of the Army in June 2013.
Hey my list number is 8** I was just wondering when I should be hearing about a physical exam and obviously its all speculation but also what class my list number would probably fall under. Thanks
Does anybody think its possible the next class could just be all promos again?
Also, I'm not convinced priority hires would be ready in time for a may/june class. They're still in the process of trying to get a list of these people together, which seems like its very time consuming, having to sort out whos eligible for priority hire or not. Also, these people still need to take the exam.
There are only roughly 50 promos who weren't reached and an additional 150 who are waiting to be eligible. I believe those 150 still have to go through the entire process as well. So no, it won't be a full class of promos. It would probably be about a third promo and 2 thirds OC
Crossing my fingers for list 81* to be reached for June.
The medical seems like the portion that eliminates a huge portion of canindates.
I think the residency credit will have a major impact on a lot of the OC fellas. Plus like the gentlemen stated above, many are still in the army, marines, etc.. we will see what the ratio turns out to be. Highly doubt it will be near 1:2
Did a little digging.
The court and the special masters have already outlined a detailed schedule as to what will occur with the priority hires, all in an effort to have these people ready for a summer academy which they state will occur in late June or early July.
Here it is: (I copied and pasted from a pdf which is why some characters look weird)
To ensure that priority hire claimants are able to join the Summer 2013 Fire Academy
class, the Special Masters set forth the following recommendations as to the steps and deadlines for the remainder of Phase III of the claims process:
1. December 8-15~ 2012- Vulcan Society to conduct its tutorials regarding Exam 2000, whjch will be op~n to black and Hispanic claimants. The tutorial session will be offered on three separate dates: Saturday, December: 8 at 11:00 AM; Tuesday, December ll at
7:00 PM; and Saturday~ December 15 at 1 :00 PM.
2. December 14, 2012 - City distributes admission notices to claimant!; for the special administration of Exam 2000. The admission notice will notify claimants o(. among other things, the lim1ted opportunity to reschedule their test date as well as the alternate
test date(s). The City will also begin the post-exam screening process for (a) all claimants who notify the City by November 30 that they want to be scheduled to take Exam 2000 and (b) all claimants who sought priority hiring relief and already passed
Exam. 2000 or Exam 2500. The City wi11 send a letter explaining the post-exam screening process and the types of documents and information required during this
process to these individuals.
3. December 21, 2012- U.S. to provide the Special Masters and the parties with CDs that will include an electronic file tblder for each claimant. The folder will include a PDF copy of the claim form. objection form (if applicable), and any other claim form-related
documents submitted by the claimant.
4. December 21. 2012- The U.S. and City submit their initial responses, if any, to claimants' objections regarding their eligibility determinations.
5. December 28, 2012- City to distribute admission notices to claimants who requested to be rescheduled for the special administration of Exam 2000.
6. January 11.. 12. & 18,2013- Test dates for the spec.ial administration of Exam 2000.
7. January 11. 2013- City to notify the Special Masters and the parties of the schedule for post~exam hiring processing steps for priority hire claimants who pass Exam 2000. This schedule will include specific steps and timeframes (including intake dates, dates
regarding the administration of the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPA T)). The City will also notify the parties on a regular rolling basis at least every two-weeks of priority
hire claimants who fail to report for post-exam processing steps (e.g., CPAT, CID interview, medical exam).
8. January 21,2013- Special Masters will endeavor to issue their first set of Rep011 and
Recommendations regarding priority hiring relief. These Report and Recommendations
will state whether the claimant is eligible :for priority hiring relief and, if he is eligible, will set forth the claimant's presumptive hiring date for purposes of setting his retroactive
9. January, 21,2013- Special Masters to identify the first group of claimants about whom the Special Masters would like more detailed responses from the parties regarding the claimant's objection to the United States' eligibility determination_ Tbis first group of
claimants will consist of no more than 10 claimants per Special Master (a total of 40).
10. February l, 2013- City to notify the priority hire claimants whether they passed special administration of Exam 2000 and provide the parties with a list identifying which claimants passed the test and which claimants failed the test.
11. February 11. 2013....: City to send employment packets to all individuals seeking priority hiring relief who passed .Exam 2000. .
12; February 15, 2013 -Parties to provide their more detailed responses to the objections identified by the Special Masters on January 21. After receiving the parties' responses
to the claimants' objections, the Special Masters can then identify which, if any, of these first 40 claimants wi1J require a hearing~5 Once a sufficient number of claimants for whom hearings will be necessary have been identified, the Special Masters and the
parties will schedule the hearings, which may begin in February 2013.6
13. February 22. 2013- City to notify the parties of the test scores ofa.IJ individuals who take the special administration of Exam 2000, with the understanding that scores may be
adjusted if a Test Validation Board modifies the answers to the test.
14. No later than April I5, 2013- Special Masters to issue final Report and Recommendations regarding eligibility for priority hiring relief and presumptive hire dates. The Special Masters will send copies of their Report and Recommendations to the parties and the claimants with the previously agreed upon cover
15. June 7, 2013- Last date by which Court should enter its decision regarding the final set
of the Special Masters' Report and Recommendations.
16. Late June/Early July 2013- Summer Fire Academy class begins.