Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 198248288295296297298299300301308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 23409
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Latest department order was posted today and it lists the dates which the quartermaster will be closed due to the upcoming class of probationary firefighters.

Seems like those rumors were exactly that, just rumors.
    Just like the part where there wouldn't be enough EMS members ready for this class.
    BKLYNBOY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Latest department order was posted today and it lists the dates which the quartermaster will be closed due to the upcoming class of probationary firefighters.

Seems like those rumors were exactly that, just rumors.
    What are the dates listed?
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    What are the dates listed?
    AL was approved, 4 Tours left!!!

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...2/085_2012.pdf
    matty21, HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    So was my AL, 5 left total. I have not been to work but apparently as of today the master schedules say FIRE ACADEMY from the 14th on. And EAL on the 7th.
    BKLYNBOY likes this.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

not going to lie, so jealous right now. lol

Forum Member

Hello everyone. I've been following this forum for some time. I just wanted to know my chances of getting in any time soon? That way I don't have to put my hopes up high for next year or maybe the year after?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 86XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manny.B View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been following this forum for some time. I just wanted to know my chances of getting in any time soon? That way I don't have to put my hopes up high for next year or maybe the year after?
    Can't hypothesize without knowing your list number.

Forum Member

anyone has the contact info for the military liaison? i just want to speak to someone about what to expect if they send me a packet and i have to miss any part of the hiring process (CPAT classes, Meet up with investigator, etc) due to me being active duty until June.

I have a list number of X < 150 and Im really scared to have to defer cause I get out of the Army in June 2013.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Can't hypothesize without knowing your list number.
    Hi. It's around 8600's
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 86XX

Forum Member

Hi. It's around 8600's
    Well, that's not an unhire-able number, but if they reach you, it'll be sometime in late 2015 or 2016.

On a separate note, someone mentioned an explanation of grooming standards in the letter. I'd like to know how that read, can someone please enlighten me.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 12-26-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    anyone has the contact info for the military liaison? i just want to speak to someone about what to expect if they send me a packet and i have to miss any part of the hiring process (CPAT classes, Meet up with investigator, etc) due to me being active duty until June.

I have a list number of X < 150 and Im really scared to have to defer cause I get out of the Army in June 2013.

If you HAVE to defer, it's not the end of the world. You'd be in the next class, no question. From the time frame that's been laid out, it's gonna be close for June. There could be a second class in late May/early June.

Thank you for your service.

Forum Member

Hey my list number is 8** I was just wondering when I should be hearing about a physical exam and obviously its all speculation but also what class my list number would probably fall under. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    If you HAVE to defer, it's not the end of the world. You'd be in the next class, no question. From the time frame that's been laid out, it's gonna be close for June. There could be a second class in late May/early June.

Thank you for your service.
    Thank you for the quick reply and also thank you for your service. This forum is full of very helpful people. I love it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    So was my AL, 5 left total. I have not been to work but apparently as of today the master schedules say FIRE ACADEMY from the 14th on. And EAL on the 7th.
    Not to be the smuggest of them all... but 2 tours left . I've done a pretty good job winding everything down too. The automatic deduction for the monthly metrocard has been stopped, a new person has been found to take over the job of restocking the supply room (which is an amazing gig), and my locker is already half cleaned out.

You must not be following that closely, otherwise you'd be well aware that 8600 is dicey and if they reach you it will be near the end of the life of list 2000. Is there something else you could see yourself doing with your life? Go get training to do it now. If this is really the job you want then become an EMT And apply to FDNY EMS. But in the mean time you could easily become a paramedic, nurse, or go to school for something else. Just keep yourself kinda in shape and keep watching here and other places to see how they are progressing in terms of moving down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post

When they invited me to sign up for the CPAT sessions at the rock I got an email, snail mail, and phone call.. I think all on the same day. Long as you trust whoever it is that lives at the address you gave DCAS, just wait for the background investigation packet to show up (it came around the same time that I got invited to the CPAT stuff) and call candidate investigations and talk to them. They will bend over backwards to work with you if you are active duty in the military, so don't worry about it man.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc20 View Post
    Hey my list number is 8** I was just wondering when I should be hearing about a physical exam and obviously its all speculation but also what class my list number would probably fall under. Thanks
    Maybe soon? Depending on how they handle the priority hires and how many EMS people are ready to go for the 2nd class you could be looking at the 2nd or 3rd class. It's not super close, but if you need to do some work to get in shape I'd start now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Looks like the July class will be at least half EMS promos. I know there is 145 without the 2 years and maybe 50 to 100 ready to go right now but lists numbers were not reached for January including myself. I'll be sweating it out with you guys come summer.
    So are they going to still put the promo guys ahead of the OC for future classes or only put in a certain amount once the ball gets rolling on the OC guys? I thought they only put in a certain amount per class. The last class in 08' was like 220 OC and 80ish promo wasn't it? Just a thought.
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl75 View Post
    So are they going to still put the promo guys ahead of the OC for future classes or only put in a certain amount once the ball gets rolling on the OC guys? I thought they only put in a certain amount per class. The last class in 08' was like 220 OC and 80ish promo wasn't it? Just a thought.
    I was thinking the same thing a while back and then I looked for the 07 EMT promo list, there were only 218 eligibles on the roster for promo in 08. That number has now quadrupled and it seems the ems side is hiring to make up for the people they will lose to promos.

Does anybody think its possible the next class could just be all promos again?

Also, I'm not convinced priority hires would be ready in time for a may/june class. They're still in the process of trying to get a list of these people together, which seems like its very time consuming, having to sort out whos eligible for priority hire or not. Also, these people still need to take the exam.

Forum Member

There are only roughly 50 promos who weren't reached and an additional 150 who are waiting to be eligible. I believe those 150 still have to go through the entire process as well. So no, it won't be a full class of promos. It would probably be about a third promo and 2 thirds OC
    Crossing my fingers for list 81* to be reached for June.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    There are only roughly 50 promos who weren't reached and an additional 150 who are waiting to be eligible. I believe those 150 still have to go through the entire process as well. So no, it won't be a full class of promos. It would probably be about a third promo and 2 thirds OC
    Crossing my fingers for list 81* to be reached for June.
    That 150# could very well encompass the 50ish that didn't get reached this time. Hard to say without hard data from HQ. From wat is known it appears we actually have a pretty low ratio for this class. Looks like its around only 1:2. It'll be interesting to see if the OC is similar or not. Also the promo people that aren't eligible yet have at least started the background investigation (though I'm sure their files are on the back burner for now), and have done the CPAT, but as fat as I know did not do the medical.

Forum Member

The medical seems like the portion that eliminates a huge portion of canindates.
    I think the residency credit will have a major impact on a lot of the OC fellas. Plus like the gentlemen stated above, many are still in the army, marines, etc.. we will see what the ratio turns out to be. Highly doubt it will be near 1:2
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Did a little digging.

The court and the special masters have already outlined a detailed schedule as to what will occur with the priority hires, all in an effort to have these people ready for a summer academy which they state will occur in late June or early July.

Here it is: (I copied and pasted from a pdf which is why some characters look weird)

To ensure that priority hire claimants are able to join the Summer 2013 Fire Academy
    class, the Special Masters set forth the following recommendations as to the steps and deadlines for the remainder of Phase III of the claims process:

1. December 8-15~ 2012- Vulcan Society to conduct its tutorials regarding Exam 2000, whjch will be op~n to black and Hispanic claimants. The tutorial session will be offered on three separate dates: Saturday, December: 8 at 11:00 AM; Tuesday, December ll at
    7:00 PM; and Saturday~ December 15 at 1 :00 PM.

2. December 14, 2012 - City distributes admission notices to claimant!; for the special administration of Exam 2000. The admission notice will notify claimants o(. among other things, the lim1ted opportunity to reschedule their test date as well as the alternate
    test date(s). The City will also begin the post-exam screening process for (a) all claimants who notify the City by November 30 that they want to be scheduled to take Exam 2000 and (b) all claimants who sought priority hiring relief and already passed
    Exam. 2000 or Exam 2500. The City wi11 send a letter explaining the post-exam screening process and the types of documents and information required during this
    process to these individuals.

3. December 21, 2012- U.S. to provide the Special Masters and the parties with CDs that will include an electronic file tblder for each claimant. The folder will include a PDF copy of the claim form. objection form (if applicable), and any other claim form-related
    documents submitted by the claimant.

4. December 21. 2012- The U.S. and City submit their initial responses, if any, to claimants' objections regarding their eligibility determinations.

5. December 28, 2012- City to distribute admission notices to claimants who requested to be rescheduled for the special administration of Exam 2000.

6. January 11.. 12. & 18,2013- Test dates for the spec.ial administration of Exam 2000.

7. January 11. 2013- City to notify the Special Masters and the parties of the schedule for post~exam hiring processing steps for priority hire claimants who pass Exam 2000. This schedule will include specific steps and timeframes (including intake dates, dates
    regarding the administration of the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPA T)). The City will also notify the parties on a regular rolling basis at least every two-weeks of priority
    hire claimants who fail to report for post-exam processing steps (e.g., CPAT, CID interview, medical exam).

8. January 21,2013- Special Masters will endeavor to issue their first set of Rep011 and
    Recommendations regarding priority hiring relief. These Report and Recommendations
    will state whether the claimant is eligible :for priority hiring relief and, if he is eligible, will set forth the claimant's presumptive hiring date for purposes of setting his retroactive
    seniority.

9. January, 21,2013- Special Masters to identify the first group of claimants about whom the Special Masters would like more detailed responses from the parties regarding the claimant's objection to the United States' eligibility determination_ Tbis first group of
    claimants will consist of no more than 10 claimants per Special Master (a total of 40).

10. February l, 2013- City to notify the priority hire claimants whether they passed special administration of Exam 2000 and provide the parties with a list identifying which claimants passed the test and which claimants failed the test.

11. February 11. 2013....: City to send employment packets to all individuals seeking priority hiring relief who passed .Exam 2000. .

12; February 15, 2013 -Parties to provide their more detailed responses to the objections identified by the Special Masters on January 21. After receiving the parties' responses
    to the claimants' objections, the Special Masters can then identify which, if any, of these first 40 claimants wi1J require a hearing~5 Once a sufficient number of claimants for whom hearings will be necessary have been identified, the Special Masters and the
    parties will schedule the hearings, which may begin in February 2013.6

13. February 22. 2013- City to notify the parties of the test scores ofa.IJ individuals who take the special administration of Exam 2000, with the understanding that scores may be
    adjusted if a Test Validation Board modifies the answers to the test.

14. No later than April I5, 2013- Special Masters to issue final Report and Recommendations regarding eligibility for priority hiring relief and presumptive hire dates. The Special Masters will send copies of their Report and Recommendations to the parties and the claimants with the previously agreed upon cover
    letter.

15. June 7, 2013- Last date by which Court should enter its decision regarding the final set
    of the Special Masters' Report and Recommendations.

16. Late June/Early July 2013- Summer Fire Academy class begins.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 12-27-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: cleaned it up

Thread Information