Like Tree10429Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So today in the gym I over hear 2 African Amercian guys talking about the FD. Obviously i'm intrigued, so I lurk around and listen. It seemed to me that one of these guys was a PH, and the one thing I can quote him saying is "It's about time the FDNY isn't just a job for the ginny's and mick's". Being Italian, I had to hold myself back from snapping. Just thought you guys would find this amusing/sickening that this is the attitude that some of these guys have. That's my rant, have a good weekend brothers.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    On another note fellas ... Who ran today ???? Came out of work ran the 1.5 in 11:45 hey after picking up 15 tons of garbage I think that's GREEEATTTTT !!! Plus squats !!! Now I feel like I got ranned over !!! ... Lights out for until later on ... Don't let whymetoo ruin the afternoon fellas its gorgeous outside !!!
    I just got back from the track. I did the 1.5 miles in 11:41. You would probably dust me on fresh legs though.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    #30XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Edit: Hope they don't mine jeans and a button up. That's about all I got for civilian clothes right now and I REALLY don't want to be that guy wearing a uniform.
    So why don't you go to any store that sells mens clothing and buy some khakis? Jeans are never business casual.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    So today in the gym I over hear 2 African Amercian guys talking about the FD. Obviously i'm intrigued, so I lurk around and listen. It seemed to me that one of these guys was a PH, and the one thing I can quote him saying is "It's about time the FDNY isn't just a job for the ginny's and mick's". Being Italian, I had to hold myself back from snapping. Just thought you guys would find this amusing/sickening that this is the attitude that some of these guys have. That's my rant, have a good weekend brothers.
    In all seriousness, thank you for this
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 02-15-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Forum Member

Check this from about a year back dude. Infuriating.

"Former assistant commissioner for FDNY personnel Patricia Kavaler testified that FDNY big wigs might call members of a review board to vouch for white candidates with checkered pasts.
    'You’re dealing with a lot of Irishmen who are drunks and they get into bar fights and they get arrested and they get arrested again. They fight, they sock their girlfriends…they get arrested because they fought with the police when they got arrested. This is boys being boys. That type of thing.'”

This was from a Daily News interview. Not only is it tolerated, it's encouraged! Fight what is perceived as racism with more racism. Good strategy. Worked well looking back through history -_-.
    Last edited by mocon337; 02-15-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Talked to my friend today who's in the top 500. Said they told him at the CPAT prep they sent packets to the top 1200. Not sure we'd figured that out already so I'd figure I'd throw it out there.
    Dannypanigale and SouthBK84 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

I assume they would send emails first then the packets like it was done for the first 700 OC guys.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-15-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

On a separate note, if you guys are history nerds like I am, check this out. These guys were tough as nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQO5CXdiwqQ
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    On a separate note, if you guys are history nerds like I am, check this out. These guys were tough as nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQO5CXdiwqQ
    I've been watching almost every Youtube video with FDNY on it. Thanks for the addition to my playlist. I just can't wait until my time comes!

List #1xxx

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Got it today, time to hit the stair mill.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps1328b86e.jpg
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMyJ...0CC1514D9EC937

^^This guys channel has almost 50 videos of raw footage. Pretty cool
    DannyD0pe likes this.
    Test 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Talked to my friend today who's in the top 500. Said they told him at the CPAT prep they sent packets to the top 1200. Not sure we'd figured that out already so I'd figure I'd throw it out there.
    Hmmm any other info on that like when??? Lol obviously the rest were sent out later but I haven't gotten anything yet in the mail or email anyone I in top 1200 he something?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

I have a quick question for you guys, whats the wait time from the time to you apply till the time you get hired on? Ive skimmed through here and i've some people talk about applying back in like 2000-2003 time? What steps do you have to go through? I'm just curious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

Wow. In 31 years i have never heard a black person use the words "ginny" and/or "mick". I promise you that 99% of us dont even know who the words represent (idk what a "mick" is).

Scratching my head on this one... Not saying that ur lying. Im just saying that as a black man myself, it would be quite amazing if i found another black person that actually knows,understands and uses those words. We usually just say "white people". Thats why i kind of doubt this story. One black guy says "ginny/mick" and the other black guy wasnt confused??? idk man.. But trust if its true you will never see/hear that ever again lol
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

Sorry man. Was meant for anapolitano.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Wow. In 31 years i have never heard a black person use the words "ginny" and/or "mick". I promise you that 99% of us dont even know who the words represent (idk what a "mick" is).

Scratching my head on this one... Not saying that ur lying. Im just saying that as a black man myself, it would be quite amazing if i found another black person that actually knows,understands and uses those words. We usually just say "white people". Thats why i kind of doubt this story. One black guy says "ginny/mick" and the other black guy wasnt confused??? idk man.. But trust if its true you will never see/hear that ever again lol

Haha yeah buddy i've never heard it either, was pretty surprised.
    Test 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post

Usually the black brothers in the firehouse just call me "cracker", and guess what? We all laugh!

This might sound silly or crass, but the point is we're all tight and close knit. We see our physical differences as nothing more than just that. We're the same, we take the same risks, work the same job and.....WE ALL GOT HERE THE SAME WAY.....sadly that's going to change. A few people are getting a free ride.

You know what kind of guys/girls work in my firehouse? Firefighters, that's who. No other distinction is important. Unfortunately....that might change too....thanks to this liberal, agenda driven judge. The big question will be.....are you from EMS, the OC or are you a quota hire. If a quota hire comes in with the right attitude, well, hopefully that comes through and they eventually earn some respect, but the process certainly has those people starting at a disadvantage.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 02-15-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    I just got back from the track. I did the 1.5 miles in 11:41. You would probably dust me on fresh legs though.
    I haven't had the chance of running on fresh legs ...
    I work six nights a week and try to run after work every other day .. I'm curious as in how fast I can do it .. Since I'm always pushing 12-14 mins the 1.5 mile depending on how tired
    I'm at work

Forum Member

I almost forgot ... Anyone doing tough mudder this oct coming up ????? Can't wait

Forum Member

I almost forgot ... Anyone doing tough mudder this oct coming up ????? Can't wait
    Probably doing the Philly one in June. Got my registration lock in thing the other night.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Probably doing the Philly one in June. Got my registration lock in thing the other night.
    Niceeeeeeee

Forum Member

Niceeeeeeee
    Yea dude. Would've done the Tri-State one but didn't wanna wait haha. And the Philly one is in the Poconos. I hear there is more mud and the Tri State one has more like, set obstacles rather than natural ones. Either way it's gonna be sick.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Yea dude. Would've done the Tri-State one but didn't wanna wait haha. And the Philly one is in the Poconos. I hear there is more mud and the Tri State one has more like, set obstacles rather than natural ones. Either way it's gonna be sick.
    Definetly ... I can't wait neither ... Just watching the videos I get
    Hype lol

Forum Member

I would have laughed in his face.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Got it today, time to hit the stair mill.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps1328b86e.jpg

Nice man! I got the same one.

Let me know if you get any weird looks at the gym. I'm convinced people think I'm a terrorist with that thing on. I've gotten asked "Why are you wearing a bullet proof vest?" Get ready for all the stupid questoins. Responding by saying "I'm training to be a New York City Firefighter" usually shuts em up pretty good haha. Good luck man, get steppin'!

Thread Information