Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 199249289296297298299300301302309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 22805
Like Tree8965Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

after reading that I'm beginning to wonder if they'll even start sending out packets to people on the OC list in January. Damn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    after reading that I'm beginning to wonder if they'll even start sending out packets to people on the OC list in January. Damn.
    Yeah, it definitely made me uneasy. I wonder if they will factor in the ems promos for that ratio the city is supposed to follow for the priority hires or if it only relates to the OC list.

Forum Member

Congrats to all my fellow workers who are almost done. Cannot say that I am not heartbroken. I'm still in limbo. From what I have heard they stopped calling about 5 list numbers short of mine. I like to keep hope that a lot will fail or all the rumors are false and that i'll check my email and there will be a notification for me but I don't see it happening. Everyone is going to pass that run. And if they don't they go to BHS and "medical part B" and prob slide through the cracks some more. Gonna be a rough six months. 5 years on EMS so I guess I can bang out a few more months with maybe one of the months in Hawaii filming. Could be worse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Yeah, it definitely made me uneasy. I wonder if they will factor in the ems promos for that ratio the city is supposed to follow for the priority hires or if it only relates to the OC list.
    The only reason the first class of EMS promos had no priority hires was because the group wasn't defined yet, and the city is under headcount/needs to hire ASAP, right? I would think that'll be the way the June class is handled. If the priority hires are processed in time as to not hold up the city from getting back to the headcount they want, they'd be mixed in.

Forum Member

I don't see many of them passing everything. Dudes are almost in their 40s. I would think most will take the check and call it a day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    I don't see many of them passing everything. Dudes are almost in their 40s. I would think most will take the check and call it a day.
    Speaking of that, I found exact numbers of claimants:

Of the 4,958 claimants who have submitted a claim form to date, approximately 3,600 have sought priority hiring relief. Despite the overall volume of claimants seeking priority hiring
    relief, the Special Masters are optimistic that many eligibility determinations may be reviewed without the need for additional discovery or a formal eligibility hearing. Based on the City's
    applicant data, the United States has found that only approximately 2,500 of these 3,600 claimants actually took Exam 7029 or 2043. Of these approximately 2,500 claimants, the United States has preliminarily determined that approximately 745 claimants are eligible for priority hiring relief, and the City does not object to these claimants' eligibility for priority hiring relief.

Forum Member

So a large part of these people are too stupid to know if they they took those tests or not?

I really hope on the physical and medical and academy that these parasites are held to the same standards as every one else. I don't really understand it all, still confused who is eligible to get hired or just receive money. Nothing I can do about it, so I'm just hoping they all fail.

So they have many more EMS promos than we originally thought?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

So they are planning on the summer class to be all priority hires? Did I read that right?

Also whats the hold up with the decision on the appeal, when are we going to hear something?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Congrats to all my fellow workers who are almost done. Cannot say that I am not heartbroken. I'm still in limbo. From what I have heard they stopped calling about 5 list numbers short of mine. I like to keep hope that a lot will fail or all the rumors are false and that i'll check my email and there will be a notification for me but I don't see it happening. Everyone is going to pass that run. And if they don't they go to BHS and "medical part B" and prob slide through the cracks some more. Gonna be a rough six months. 5 years on EMS so I guess I can bang out a few more months with maybe one of the months in Hawaii filming. Could be worse.
    Dam you hope your fellow EMS people fail thats pretty messed up. I dont wish that upon anybody!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Speaking of that, I found exact numbers of claimants:

Of the 4,958 claimants who have submitted a claim form to date, approximately 3,600 have sought priority hiring relief. Despite the overall volume of claimants seeking priority hiring
    relief, the Special Masters are optimistic that many eligibility determinations may be reviewed without the need for additional discovery or a formal eligibility hearing. Based on the City's
    applicant data, the United States has found that only approximately 2,500 of these 3,600 claimants actually took Exam 7029 or 2043. Of these approximately 2,500 claimants, the United States has preliminarily determined that approximately 745 claimants are eligible for priority hiring relief, and the City does not object to these claimants' eligibility for priority hiring relief.
    Am I missing something or wasn't there priority hire amount capped at the 293 the Judge stated? Why do I feel a familiar sudden urge to drop my draws and bend over like I did in '08.......
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Am I missing something or wasn't there priority hire amount capped at the 293 the Judge stated? Why do I feel a familiar sudden urge to drop my draws and bend over like I did in '08.......
    Those 700 are eligible. They still have to pass background, cpat, and medical. Probably will be less than 293 when the dust settles
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

You're correct. According to the document 745 claimants are eligible. Meaning they will have a pool of 745 people of which to choose from to eventually get the 293. How they go about choosing them is beyond me.

Forum Member

The way I'm reading this is that only 745 are eligible to go through the process. Take the exam, go through the background check, take the CPAT, take the medical, do the run. Maybe this is just me but I'd be surprised if 293 out of 745 make it through all those steps. Isn't the usual hiring rate 1 in 3 or 1 in 4?

Forum Member

i'm so confused. i thought only 193 people were considered priority hires. now its thousands of them?

Forum Member

Here I was hoping to make the June class but with all this latest info I'd be lucky if I make the Jan '14 class !
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

You're correct. According to the document 745 claimants are eligible. Meaning they will have a pool of 745 people of which to choose from to eventually get the 293. How they go about choosing them is beyond me.
    Ok so the number is still 293 possibly being hired (the big # is just the pool of eligibles)?

Forum Member

Ok so the number is still 293 possibly being hired (the big # is just the pool of eligibles)?
    Correct. Even if by some chance more than 293 pass all the phases, the city only has to hire 293 of them. Which btw, there is also an exact breakdown of how many must be black and how many must be Hispanic.

Forum Member

Remember these priority hires will be coming on the job with over 10 years. I would suspect most will work for a day and vest out. And I doubt they could get 293 out of 750.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

If this is the case I would suspect the June/July class to be the remainder of EMS and at least the start of the priority hires.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

Correct. Even if by some chance more than 293 pass all the phases, the city only has to hire 293 of them. Which btw, there is also an exact breakdown of how many must be black and how many must be Hispanic.
    At least this looks like a real transparent process......

Thread Information