Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Any further info on the packets getting sent out to the top 1200 cus I'm low 900's and haven't gotten anything yet.

I wish I was at that gym, I couldn't have let that go.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Any further info on the packets getting sent out to the top 1200 cus I'm low 900's and haven't gotten anything yet.

I wish I was at that gym, I couldn't have let that go.
    I didnt get anything either. IM in the bottom 800s. I'm kinda thinking that piece of information was probably misinterpreted. And that the 1200 included PHs. Because if the extra 500 on the list got anything the forum would be jumping!!! also there was what? 490 PHs and 730 OC so that number fits

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Nice man! I got the same one.

Let me know if you get any weird looks at the gym. I'm convinced people think I'm a terrorist with that thing on. I've gotten asked "Why are you wearing a bullet proof vest?" Get ready for all the stupid questoins. Responding by saying "I'm training to be a New York City Firefighter" usually shuts em up pretty good haha. Good luck man, get steppin'!
    Lol .. When I first got my vest I used to wear it to work all night ... I used to get the why are you wearing a bulkier proof vest to pick up garbage lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Because it now looks like we wont be getting any links to any of the foregone info...
    (and it looks like whymetoo is a PH)

I've tried my best to stay as quite as possible on the entire PH situation. And being humble and Shuting TFU are not strong suits of mine. Im gonna break this down. I scored near perfect on this exam. I have a sickly high IQ(top 2%), as i suspect most of the people who did extremely well on the exam do as well. MY STRONG SUITS are mathematics, logic, deductive reasons and psychology. Tis why I played poker for a living for an extended amount of time.

HERE IS WHERE UR **** BREAKS DOWN!!!!
    given both pieces of information above(both quotes). On what fu.cked up bell curve do only 2/3 of the people taken the exam pass. And other other remaining sample... Whymetoo according the numbers you listed 16.4% of the test takers score in what would have been the top 2.5% of the OC list which had over 40,000 test takers. Do you not see the problem with these numbers? The theory of large numbers tells us that there is something wrong with this number distribution.

Moreover, the vulcan soceity has been less than fair.
    Example A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqzKlbvRqI
    Example B. I have two FFs who are mentoring me threw the process(thank god). But one of them that lives in my building. A few days before I went to take exam 2000 one of them said to me(i just happened to bump into him), "Did you receive an email regarding the 2nd part of the test?" Well the email was forwarded to him from someone. It was an email that the vulcan society sent out. Giving information about how to score well on the second part of the exam. If I did not get a chance to look at this piece of information I most likely would have answered some of those questions differently.

Lastly, no one really knew how the format of the exam was going to be. Most of us had some idea, but were taking the exam "in the dark". The PHs that were going to take the exam, I'm sure were taught exactly what was going to be on it. And exactly how to do well.
    Ok buddy!!! All I did was ask a question? And you guys are bashing me. Why would I give out information so you can do the same to them. The diffrent between you and I is that what the ph or you eat don't make me ****... So while you are worrying about what the next man is doing. I am doing what I have to do to get the job not sit on the Internet complaining about how it not fair ect... Some of you guys sound like little high school girls complaining. LIFE IS NOT FAIR BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT... EVERYONE of you guys and girls know if some one gave you the chance to go to the head of the line you will not pass it up... In by the way I scored a 104 so I don't have a care in the world. Have a great night wish all you guys and girls the best!!!
    You claim to be so smart but you can't even find the forum about the PH thats taking your jobs... Your IQ is in the top 2%, 3 year old children know how to use google!!!!

Forum Member

Does anyone have a ballpark guess of when the CPAT test dates will be(or at least when they will be given out) and if they will work around military orders? I'm a reservist and scheduled for a 2 week field training excercise from 7 april-21 apr and then being sent to a 3 week WMD class for the first three weeks of May. My Intake interview is the 29th of march and I'm toward the end of the list(high 600's) with a 103 and a social security number from Missouri so I'm assuming I will be one of the last groups to take CPAT. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Exam:2000
    Score:103
    List#:68X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Ok buddy!!! All I did was ask a question? And you guys are bashing me. Why would I give out information so you can do the same to them. The diffrent between you and I is that what the ph or you eat don't make me ****... So while you are worrying about what the next man is doing. I am doing what I have to do to get the job not sit on the Internet complaining about how it not fair ect... Some of you guys sound like little high school girls complaining. LIFE IS NOT FAIR BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT... EVERYONE of you guys and girls know if some one gave you the chance to go to the head of the line you will not pass it up... In by the way I scored a 104 so I don't have a care in the world. Have a great night wish all you guys and girls the best!!!
    You claim to be so smart but you can't even find the forum about the PH thats taking your jobs... Your IQ is in the top 2%, 3 year old children know how to use google!!!!
    Whymetoo ...quick question while I sit at this red light ... Are you a female ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I didnt get anything either. IM in the bottom 800s. I'm kinda thinking that piece of information was probably misinterpreted. And that the 1200 included PHs. Because if the extra 500 on the list got anything the forum would be jumping!!! also there was what? 490 PHs and 730 OC so that number fits
    It is entirely possible that just emails were sent to the top 1200 and not actual packets. Keep in mind this is second hand info.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Did you type this while running around the block? No you are on the internet asking stupid questions
    You are actually getting a hand out and taking another mans job, using your race as an excuse.
    Why do you even want this job? you obviously don't value the moral concepts behind it.
    Do you buy trophies and tell people you won them? if not then why would you want a job that was handed to you because a judge thought you were inferior. You don't find that insulting?

Stop talking about it, no one will ever agree with you. Ever. Most would be ashamed.
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I really have to wonder if they'll be able to get a full 293 PHs into the academy. I don't know who would want to go through all of this if they're already in their 40s and established in a different career, especially when you can just take the $$ and run. That said, I have to assume the department's stance on it will be "all we had to do was hire 293, not push 293 through the academy."
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I really have to wonder if they'll be able to get a full 293 PHs into the academy. I don't know who would want to go through all of this if they're already in their 40s and established in a different career, especially when you can just take the $$ and run. That said, I have to assume the department's stance on it will be "all we had to do was hire 293, not push 293 through the academy."
    Trust me when I tell you this. They won't even get 150.... Unless there's a side agreement where they will get priority treatment at the rock....
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-16-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Trust me when I tell you this. They won't even get get 150.... Unless there's a side agreement where they will get priority treatment at the rock....
    Based on my experience so far I just don't see that happening.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 02-16-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quite honestly, I expect anything coming from this lawsuit. Regardless, OC list 1:4 ratio with candidates 35 and younger. PH 39 and older ratio 1:6 and that's me being nice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Wow. In 31 years i have never heard a black person use the words "ginny" and/or "mick". I promise you that 99% of us dont even know who the words represent (idk what a "mick" is).

Scratching my head on this one... Not saying that ur lying. Im just saying that as a black man myself, it would be quite amazing if i found another black person that actually knows,understands and uses those words. We usually just say "white people". Thats why i kind of doubt this story. One black guy says "ginny/mick" and the other black guy wasnt confused??? idk man.. But trust if its true you will never see/hear that ever again lol
    Uh, are you from around here? Not many people in the city of New York don't know what a guinea or mick is. And I've seen with my own eyes a few guys come up to a black guy I work with and tell him it's good to see "a brother" on the job instead of a bunch of ginzos. They received a good *** chewing from him, advised to study, take and DO WELL on the test if they want the job, and an invitation to step outside for being je*koffs in the meantime.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bro, your grammar, spelling and syntax are ATROCIOUS. I'm no English teacher, but you are barely frigging understandable! You got question marks on the end of statements, entire words missing from sentences and punctuation where it shouldn't be. What we're able to pull out of this tangled mess is that you're a PH who feels perfectly justified in your course of action and you expect us to be happy about it. Let me set you straight.

YOU FAILED. You took a test and YOU DID NOT MEET THE STANDARD. Every fire test ever given you have needed a 97 MINIMUM to even have a hope of getting on. End of story. You didn't score high enough, so you didn't get hired. Period. And it isn't the FDNY that administers, scores and sets up tests and lists; it's the DCAS. The white people who got the same scores as you DIDN'T GET HIRED EITHER. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? You will now be given preferential treatment you didn't even earn in the first damn place over people who did. Purely based on color. It's nonsense, and you know it.

Now, you found yourselves an activist judge with an agenda who thinks a dept should be composed along racial lines. So the PH people, based entirely on color, are given a watered down test designed specifically for them to pass. And that's all they have to do; pass. And they're being put on this job ahead of people who studied hard and scored well.

You got some hell of a nerve telling anybody that "life isn't fair" and "to get over it". You fail a test given at the 10th grade level and you think you've been treated unfairly because people who did well on it got hired over you? YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT. You want this job? F**king study your a**off and earn it. And if you're going to come on here and cite other forums and websites as sources, post the frigging links to them, same as everyone else.

And if YOU'RE so damn smart, please explain how in the hell you weren't able to score well on a test that children pass with ease in the first place.

MembersZone Subscriber

Uh, be careful thinking that way. Politics is still politics, and I have a tough time believing anyone at city hall is willing to make too many waves and risk being called racists. We all know this whole thing is BS; hell, even the Vulcans know it. But have no doubt that orders will come down from somewhere on high to allow the people they want to get through. It's happened before and it's starting to become a regular thing these days. You'll see at graduation the first words out of the mayor's mouth will be "most diverse class ever". Whatever has to happen to allow him to say that WILL happen.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-16-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    ffbam24, vekdoggs75 and DJ_Reverse like this.

Forum Member

Coldblooded, that E-Mail the Vulcans sent out, can you please foward that to me?

Forum Member

Whymeetoo,,, are you actually serious with the life isnt fair comment????

You are a joke and all the other PH's are a joke and you KNOW IT.

I was at the first informational cpat session and it was an utter travesty to see 70% of the people their being PH's who look old, wayyy out of shape. God Have Mercy on the lives of NYC Residents if one of these people have to come rescue them....

Crazy Pete's first message of the night WAS LOUD and CLEAR....This job is not for everyone.,..You need to BE IN SHAPE,,, as you go through 18 weeks of HELL in the academy....and that their are NO Excuses.

I actually got so sick to my stomach thinking about when 6 years ago i was sitting in the same chair with Men and WOMEN who actually wanted TO BE NYC FF's not people who got handed the job.

Its really sick and i hope what goes around comes around and you get yours one day....

and the only people who should be getting awarded anything are the people like myslef from 6019 who got smoked bc of idiots like the judge and yourself,,,But Im not looking for a hand out....Im just looking to take back what was wrongfully stolen from me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Uh, be careful thinking that way. Politics is still politics, and I have a tough time believing anyone at city hall is willing to make too many waves and risk being called racists. We all know this whole thing is BS; hell, even the Vulcans know it. But have no doubt that orders will come down from somewhere on high to allow the people they want to get through. It's happened before and it's starting to become a regular thing these days. You'll see at graduation the first words out of the mayor's mouth will be "most diverse class ever". Whatever has to happen to allow him to say that WILL happen.
    Ofcourse it has happened before, white kid getting dropped from proby school and brought back because daddy was an officer and went crying to the union reps. Perfect example of getting people they want to get through.

Trust me I think all about this lawsuit and PH is BS, But apparently the system is not perfect on both ends. THAT shouldn't happen at all, that's what I call being FAIR.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ofcourse it has happened before, white kid getting dropped from proby school and brought back because daddy was an officer and went crying to the union reps. Perfect example of getting people they want to get through.
    When? Who? On whose orders? What class was this? And that is a perfect example of city hall making sure guys they want get through. Did you expect I would say that kind of thing is OK if white people do it?

I can certainly tell you about guys showing up late day after day, waltzing onto the Rock in their street clothes who graduated. A guy who showed up drunk a few times who also graduated. A female who couldn't get past an obstacles on the FST course and that same obstacle magically disappeared the very next day, and another who needed FOUR tries to pass the CPAT they give at THE END of proby school.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

When? Who? On whose orders? What class was this? And that is a perfect example of city hall making sure guys they want get through. Did you expect I would say that kind of thing is OK if white people do it?

I can certainly tell you about guys showing up late day after day, waltzing onto the Rock in their street clothes who graduated. A guy who showed up drunk a few times who also graduated. A female who couldn't get past an obstacles on the FST course and that same obstacle magically disappeared the very next day, and another who needed FOUR tries to pass the CPAT they give at THE END of proby school.
    It happened in one of the last classes that went in and i know this because a friend of mine that was in it told me about it. I'm not expecting you to say anything, I just want to to point out that things like this shouldn't be happening no matter what skin color, ethnicity, hooks nor religion you are. There's thousands of people down the list who would make sure that they would not lack in anything at the academy for this job so there should be no room for people who give half the work.

MembersZone Subscriber

It happened in one of the last classes that went in and i know this because a friend of mine that was in it told me about it. I'm not expecting you to say anything, I just want to to point out that things like this shouldn't be happening no matter what skin color, ethnicity, hooks nor religion you are. There's thousands of people down the list who would make sure that they would not lack in anything at the academy for this job so there should be no room for people who give half the work.
    Oh, well, if your friend told you about it it must be so. I can tell you that white kids in the last class were fired for not making the cut and black kids/females were not. It's not right either which way, be it black or white, but today's political climate dictates that minority groups WILL be pushed through so city hall can crow about it.

Either way, this isn't the place to discuss this. Understand that besides proby school, chauffeur school, rescue school and numerous other training goes on at the Rock. You guys will be watched and scrutinized CONSTANTLY. When things like what I was talking about happen, we WILL find out about it in the field. Be careful about citing your friends as sources. We KNOW what's going on because we see it with our own eyes.

Forum Member

I do believe you've proven my point. I personally don't subscribe to anything but basic running, calisthenics and very heavy lifting. You will never be asked to clean and press a 135 lbs barbell at a job. You will have to have basic, brute strength and endurance. Fancy lifting like crossfit may be good for youtube videos, and maybe for the guy who's looking for people to play tic tac toe on his abs (one of the weirder requests I've seen on here), but it's a waste of time for what we do. But, to each his own. Put the book down for a bit and get some rest. Good luck to you. Remember, it ends, and it's all worth it, I promise you.
    Digging this up to respond to it, albeit a few days late. I can't defend Crossfit, only my experience with it. I didn't really care to learn a lot of the flashy, overly technical stuff because of the exact reasons that you stated. There were however good workouts to be had, and plenty of WODs that got my heart pumping in a similar way to what FST does to you, though obviously nowhere near it. In retrospect that's what I liked about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Digging this up to respond to it, albeit a few days late. I can't defend Crossfit, only my experience with it. I didn't really care to learn a lot of the flashy, overly technical stuff because of the exact reasons that you stated. There were however good workouts to be had, and plenty of WODs that got my heart pumping in a similar way to what FST does to you, though obviously nowhere near it. In retrospect that's what I liked about it.
    Ah, I'm an older guy and I just don't get the point of workouts like that. But if it works for you, enjoy. Crossfit turned me off because the people who go to it are like a bunch of cult members. They take personal offense if you take a look around in there but don't sign up.

As far as FST, HIIT is key. I'm sure you know what that is, but for those who don't you basically jog at a decent pace for 3 minutes then go all out for 2. Do that over and over for about a half hour followed by the low weight high rep workout at proby school and you'll see FST become easier and easier. But it'll never be a cakewalk.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    It is entirely possible that just emails were sent to the top 1200 and not actual packets. Keep in mind this is second hand info.
    No email no nuttin
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Ah, I'm an older guy and I just don't get the point of workouts like that. But if it works for you, enjoy. Crossfit turned me off because the people who go to it are like a bunch of cult members. They take personal offense if you take a look around in there but don't sign up.

As far as FST, HIIT is key. I'm sure you know what that is, but for those who don't you basically jog at a decent pace for 3 minutes then go all out for 2. Do that over and over for about a half hour followed by the low weight high rep workout at proby school and you'll see FST become easier and easier. But it'll never be a cakewalk.
    I'm going to try this !!!!!

Thread Information