Like Tree9867Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

lol I would have went anyway.

Forum Member

was just reading the join fdny page on facebook and came across two things:

1. they havent decided what the physical will be yet, it's not necessarily gonna be the cpat

2. i saw this question asked before, but to confirm, if youll be serving overseas during the exam, as long as you filed between 7/15-9/15 you'll get a make up exam.

EDIT: Read on The Rant earlier today a woman is suing the Chicago FD over the physical exam not being a reflection of the job. I'd be surprised if the FDNY didn't go with the CPAT since it is the most widely accepted physical exam given. Even if it is easier than past exams.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 07-20-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Forum Member

From the Facebook page again:

Got a question for Assistant Commissioner of Recruitment & Diversity Michele Maglione? She'll be here, answering your questions live on Friday (7/22) at 11 a.m.! So be sure to log on and ask away! If you're unable to log in at that time, leave your question under this post and she'll answer it on Friday!

Forum Member

I bet she ends up not having much info besides the obvious.

Forum Member

Do I have to live in NYC to take the test or can I apply and fly up there for the test ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 76Truck View Post
    Do I have to live in NYC to take the test or can I apply and fly up there for the test ?
    Anyone can take it. You just have to live within the city or within the mentioned counties when you recieve appointment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    From the Facebook page again:

Got a question for Assistant Commissioner of Recruitment & Diversity Michele Maglione? She'll be here, answering your questions live on Friday (7/22) at 11 a.m.! So be sure to log on and ask away! If you're unable to log in at that time, leave your question under this post and she'll answer it on Friday!
    where is this live session taking place? where do we have to log in to?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckieboy4953 View Post
    where is this live session taking place? where do we have to log in to?
    No sign in necessary. I've never seen anything like this before, but I am assuming there will be some sort of wall post or something put up & people can comment on there with any Q's they have. Here is the Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/joinfdny

Obviously they'll only be able to tell us info they're ready to make available to the public, but if you have any questions that may be more specific this is a good place to ask. Better than calling their 718 # and hoping the person you get is in the mood to be helpful.

Forum Member

I wanna know when the classes will be offered? When the judge will vavildate the test? I bet they wont have answers and will just answer obvious stuff like how old do I have to be ect

Forum Member

I want to know what happens when the results are the same. Is this test going to be thrown out and then hopefully they raise the age to 40??? Its nonsense. Some people don't want to run into burning buildings. Some people don't want to work either. Unfortunately for them this job requires both.

Forum Member

I read some where (tbh don't remember where, I read way too many forums/articles on this topic a day, it all gets blended together eventually) that the idea is for the judge & vulcans to sign off on the exam, with the understanding that the results will be what they'll be. That seems way too good to be true though. Hopefully the dept/city is only trying to cover their *** with the mandatory race Q, so if the results aren't drastically different the city can't be found at fault, again.

Your Q is legit though, def worth asking, can't hurt.

Forum Member

On another note...I was walking through the FDNY Wounded Warrior Bike Ride Finish Area by 70th St and 18th in Bensonhurst and I could be wrong but I didn't see a single FDNY recruiting station. I guess if it was finishing in Castle Hill or Bushwick they would have 5 of them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    I want to know what happens when the results are the same. Is this test going to be thrown out and then hopefully they raise the age to 40??? Its nonsense. Some people don't want to run into burning buildings. Some people don't want to work either. Unfortunately for them this job requires both.
    That's why those who don't want to work, who don't want to go into dangerous environments will be weeded out along the process i.e won't study, won't prepare for the CPAT, or..just won't show up for either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    That's why those who don't want to work, who don't want to go into dangerous environments will be weeded out along the process i.e won't study, won't prepare for the CPAT, or..just won't show up for either.
    Your right but unfortunately organizations like the vulcans and the justice department will still have a problem with procedures.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Your right but unfortunately organizations like the vulcans and the justice department will still have a problem with procedures.
    First off..when I make this statement don't look upon me as racist..with that being said..

It seems to me that the FDNY is making a huge effort at attracting African Americans, or minorities for that matter..they are even doing the fee waiver if you are unemployed, and the test is easier. I feel like they know that people are either going to want to do the job or not, and they are just going out of their way to cover their bases so that that crap doesn't happen.

Forum Member

Ya, Griff, that's how I feel as well. Desire4theJob, you're prob right, we won't see the recruiting stations in areas where the majority of people are white, but I don't take offense to it. The city/dept is under a lot of pressure to make sure they cannot be accused of...well we know what they were found guilty of in the past. I always felt they know about the 15+ thousand people who are going to apply without having anyone tell them when the filing period opens. They don't need to worry about us, but for legal reasons they do need to worry about the minority turn out.

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Do you not have any idea about a single thing that went on with 6019? Or do you just live in fantasy land?

Forum Member

Does anyone know their pay rate? I didn't see it anywhere on the job bulletin.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar N. View Post
    Does anyone know their pay rate? I didn't see it anywhere on the job bulletin.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...s_080106.shtml

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Do you not have any idea about a single thing that went on with 6019? Or do you just live in fantasy land?
    Well, I like to live in fantasy land, however, I am somewhat familiar with what was going on..I am also fairly familiar with how the process works, since I've been apart of a few..

bottom line..
    *If you are lazy, or you don't take it seriously you won't study for the written and work out for the agility test..that is what it is..
    *People WILL NOT show up, I've been apart of processes where I've moved up 10 spots because of no shows, or failures..that is what it is..

Now, If the FDNY recruitment team does EVERYTHING that they can to recruit "minorities" when the test results come back..there isn't anything that anyone can say because they did what the judge and what all those other idiots wanted..that's it.

If you don't like it, don't take the test..

Forum Member

Unless they claim that the test is discriminatory because the "minorities " don't end up getting hired.

Forum Member

Now, If the FDNY recruitment team does EVERYTHING that they can to recruit "minorities" when the test results come back..there isn't anything that anyone can say because they did what the judge and what all those other idiots wanted..that's it.

For what it's worth man, this is literally exactly what he meant by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Do you not have any idea about a single thing that went on with 6019?

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

You really don't have any clue as to what's gone on with 6019, do you?

Forum Member

I don't blame these recruiting procedures on the department persay, I just like to poke fun at the fact that a huge event with FDNY, NYPD families and veterans wouldn't appear to be a good place for someone to be like "Hey everyone we're having a new test, come sign up regardless of color, sex, or religion." Not to mention that these days Bensonhurst looks to be about 50% or higher Asian, but I know Garaufis and the Vulcans don't care about them.

You would think by the academy that the hiring process would weed out people that wouldn't want to be there, but from what I heard from people in the last classes there were people who acted like they didn't want to be there as well as people who were demanding days off for things such as religion and the sad part is they have organizations who demand they get these "days off". I don't care about a persons religion but you can't just take off a day whenever you want and you can't just duck out of work if you have to be home before dark. Its not a 9-5 job and never will be. Alot of people don't seem to understand that. Whatever religion you are, someone else in your house is the same with more seniority then you who will get that day off before you will. How many Catholic or Christian Probies are off for Christmas or Easter?

Forum Member

I am from bensonhurst and I have never seen recruiters here. I will make sure and mention that to every person who ever tells me the department has racist practices.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Thread Information