Like Tree11282Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Why are you so worried about this? Seems to me you've got bigger things to focus on than whether or not a black person has ever used the term "ginzo".

I think you should pay attention to both tone and context when reading my post. That post was in response to somoeone relating a particular experience they had. I wasnt sitting home worrying about it at all before then actually. I never change the atmosphere of the forum. Most of the time I pop in and simply join the current conversation. Context.
    nycthirteen and coldblood92 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Any one know where's whymetoo and almosthere??? The forum kinda dead lol
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post

Lmao i know. I think thats why "teufulhunden" is screwing with me lol. Wrong place wrong time
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

hey can you guys find anything about the PHs forum or there test results. Im so curious!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    hey can you guys find anything about the PHs forum or there test results. Im so curious!
    Let me put mr google to work since my two ph buddies are Mia
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

If it makes you feel better to correct ppl writing on here go ahead and do you and I'm glad that you admit that you are not an English teacher so leave the correcting to one because everyone on here has grammatical error in their writing. I don't need to google any phrase to know what's going on in the world but think you for the info tho. Mind you I'm not trying to pick sides in this issue as it will get me no where so keep on the good work and don't cut my head off thinking I'm attacking you

Forum Member

Never claimed that I was raised in the time of severe discrimination and never once did I compare what happened to your race and mine all I said that the example used wasn't a good one to prove the point and that the back and forth about this issue is most likely not going anywhere so it's better to let the justice system do what they do and hope for the best and it's better to keep this forum positive in talking about things that will help one another (i.e. how to get ready for the academy). Like someone mention, you guys are like a bunch of high school drama girls

Forum Member

I agree 100%…you know what if they do make it to the academy and somehow get through they'll be as ready as the next person who made it through. Like some of you guys have been saying it'll be a long shot for some of them to make it cause of their age and physical challenge

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ignace_ fortunat View Post
    I agree 100%…you know what if they do make it to the academy and somehow get through they'll be as ready as the next person who made it through. Like some of you guys have been saying it'll be a long shot for some of them to make it cause of their age and physical challenge

Try to reply WITH QUOTE. What/who do you agree with? Are you a PH?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I've been following this forum for the most part and I can imagine and understand all of you guys for being upset about this whole ph issue. With that said your example above maybe is not the right one to go by cause let's face it black ppl have been through the discrimination where they get passed on for someone other than black so to say "What if they told your mother or father that they had to fire them because they weren't the right color..." has been done so many time it's almost virtually impossible to count. Don't get me wrong two wrong the make a right so it doesn't mean it's right for it to happen to any race especially in this day and age. All we can do is fight it to make it better until there's no more fight in us but at the end of the day know there I a possibility that it might not go if way. When it comes down to it your not gonna have a choice but to work with a ph and your Conn rely on him/her in the job so all this back and forth on Thu forum I not gonna do s#!t so let the legal system deal with it.

It's actually a better forum when you give advice on what and how to get prepared for the academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Try to reply WITH QUOTE. What/who do you agree with? Are you a PH?
    My bad... I've been hitting reply to a few posts from FdnyFFHopeful' s post #7487, tuefelhunden36' s post #7484 and anapolitano89' s post #7489 thinking it'll just reply to that one post. I only took the fdny test once so I'm not a ph

Forum Member

Last day of the CPAT testing is May 17th or 18th for the next class, they are looking to hiring between 3,000 and 4,000 with this list, My # is in the 7XX and I'm probably more than likely going to be in the winter class unless a lot of people don't make it to the july class which is possible but keep working out and training and stay positive

Forum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxnU...e_gdata_player

Residents get ****ed becuz (it appears) the FF's arent putting out the fire. Tries to school them on firefighting 101 lol

"Hey what yall doin??!! Put some water on that sh*t!!!"
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You were not raised in a time of severe discrimination, there is no grounds for any of this EEO garbage. My great grandparents escaped the nazis which I think most would agree was way worse than anything your race has experienced and I don't feel any entitlement or the right to jump ahead of anybody.

Fortunately most will not have to worry about any of this because let's face it, most won't be able to make the cut anyway. They'll take the payout and quit. I am personally not concerned especially with the appeal going on hopefully the city will do the right thing and make them wait. And if they do manage to make it if they seriously think they will get the respect of a ten year guy on a job they are in for the shock. They'll be stuck doing the dirty work, the older guys will make sure of it as would I. Everyone has to earn their keep.
    Never claimed that I was raised in the time of severe discrimination and never once did I compare what happened to your race and mine. all I said that the example used wasn't a good one to prove the point and that the back and forth about this issue is most likely not going anywhere so it's better to let the justice system do what they do and hope for the best and it's better to keep this forum positive in talking about things that will help one another (i.e. how to get ready for the academy). Like someone mention, you guys are like a bunch of high school drama girls

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Google this following phrase: "Irish need not apply" Blacks and Hispanics don't have the market cornered on being discriminated against. And in any case, NOBODY HAS BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST IN THIS SITUATION. Telling someone they have to meet a standard to get a job where lives are on the line is not discrimination.

Again, I'm no English teacher but some of you on here are seriously hard to understand. I'm not busting chops either.... it's really hard to get what you're trying to put across.
    If it makes you feel better to correct ppl writing on here go ahead and do you and I'm glad that you admit that you are not an English teacher so leave the correcting to one because everyone on here has grammatical error in their writing. I don't need to google any phrase to know what's going on in the world but think you for the info tho. Mind you I'm not trying to pick sides in this issue as it will get me no where so keep on the good work and don't cut my head off thinking I'm attacking you

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Ok buddy!!! All I did was ask a question? And you guys are bashing me. Why would I give out information so you can do the same to them. The diffrent between you and I is that what the ph or you eat don't make me ****... So while you are worrying about what the next man is doing. I am doing what I have to do to get the job not sit on the Internet complaining about how it not fair ect... Some of you guys sound like little high school girls complaining. LIFE IS NOT FAIR BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT... EVERYONE of you guys and girls know if some one gave you the chance to go to the head of the line you will not pass it up... In by the way I scored a 104 so I don't have a care in the world. Have a great night wish all you guys and girls the best!!!
    You claim to be so smart but you can't even find the forum about the PH thats taking your jobs... Your IQ is in the top 2%, 3 year old children know how to use google!!!!
    Translation: Life is not fair.
    (Some mumbo-jumbo that rationalizes in my own head why the whole "life isn't fair" thing doesn't apply to me even though I failed to get this job years ago and it's now being handed to me.)
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm being allowed ahead of all of you based solely on an agenda and a quota.

*Man, I feel sorry for the upbringing you had that makes you think that this is even right.
    If I EVEN had the thought that my chance at being able to walk through those gates had to do something with being given preferential treatment over another, I would not have taken this job. Let alone ANY job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. You guys have other things to worry about rather than these two. The forum is more informative without them.

Entertainment can be found elsewhere.
    FDsouthbxNY and Spiderneck30 like this.

Forum Member

Lmao i know. I think thats why "teufulhunden" is screwing with me lol. Wrong place wrong time
    You're cracking jokes and he's telling you how it is. He's not screwing with you, he's jut not playing along.

You make my head hurt. Learn to communicate like an adult, and how to do multi-quote replies. Until then if you have nothing of substance to add I suggest you stop.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You're cracking jokes and he's telling you how it is. He's not screwing with you, he's jut not playing along.

You make my head hurt. Learn to communicate like an adult, and how to do multi-quote replies. Until then if you have nothing of substance to add I suggest you stop.
    What is going on guys? For the fellows that are going into the academy soon, what would you prefer, to be on the Rock during the summer or winter? At this point, I am sure everyone is excited too finally have the opportunity to be fire fighters, but would like to know what your references are.

Manhattan Medic, is it still intense up there?

I see there are new victims in here you guys are bashing and having fun with. LOL BE NICE GUYS.

Forum Member

I think u and the other guy should just relax a little bit. I understand where the guy is coming from. Ive heard how it is from guys otj. I know its tough for probies. I know the job is no game. I know i have my own place and whatever else. Noome said that he was wrong about anything. My only thing was that he, like you, seem to have taken my comment seriously, as if im really expecting to NOT be treated like scum in the firehouse, just becuz im not a PH? I mean c'mon. What the hell do i know about the firehouse? Im not even a volly.

And understand this. You cant talk to everyone on this forum as if none of us has any idea what kind of stress a paramilitary organization can put you thru; whether its occupational stress or otherwise. Some of us have actually been in the military itself and have a pretty good idea of what it means to be treated like sh*t until you earn your stripes. We're not all kids in our early 20's who have no idea what is about to happen to us. The tone of some of the otj guys who occassionaly visit us here seem to be based on the erroneous idea that we (candidates) are ALL silly little kids who are inexperienced and think that life is a game. So much that if we even make a joke about the process or things related to the job, u guys turn all "Drill Sargaent" on us.

Relax, we are still civilians on this forum who can express ourselves however we please. Hopefully in a few more months, you and all the other guys can chew us out as much as you want. Hope to be a brother soon. And my complete respect goes to all the heroes who are already otj. Forgive me if im mistaken.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    What is going on guys? For the fellows that are going into the academy soon, what would you prefer, to be on the Rock during the summer or winter? At this point, I am sure everyone is excited too finally have the opportunity to be fire fighters, but would like to know what your references are.

I see there are new victims in here you guys are bashing and having fun with. LOL BE NICE GUYS.

HES BACK!!!!!!!!!! whew...thank god
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

SUMMER. Just trust me. If the rock is as hard as they say, Summer.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Thank you for the advice. I will learn to communicate as well as you and I will learn how to do multi-quote replies which I'm sure neither one are hard to do since you are capable of doing both. Oh by the way I will work on not making your head hurt. I really apologize for that one and I will take your suggestion into consideration. Anything else? Feel free to let me know

Forum Member

HES BACK!!!!!!!!!! whew...thank god
    Be careful, your superiors in this forum may scold you like a child.

Forum Member

Thats life
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I have some questions for you almostthere.
    When the court case was still fairly in the infant stages and the judge hadn't made his crushing ruling, did you even care about the court case then?
    If you really felt you were wronged back in 2002 why didn't you do anything about it back then?

Thread Information