Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 202252292299300301302303304305312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 23841
Like Tree9325Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    it's been a while since i've read the doc but im pretty sure it's 3 out of 5: 2 black, 1 hispanic, 2 white.
    Do you have the link to that document. Thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Might be worth a call to DCAS to find out? Maybe the automated hotline can give you the date the list was established and when it will expire? I'm pretty sure it does that for NYPD exams.
    Yes, that might be a good idea. I'm certainly not going to do it though, doesn't affect me at all. Just a curious party.

Forum Member

Might be worth a call to DCAS to find out? Maybe the automated hotline can give you the date the list was established and when it will expire? I'm pretty sure it does that for NYPD exams.

I am almost certain that they do not "establish" the list until they are ready to hire from it. Even the announcement from The Chief only said the list was "made public":

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services made public a 40,864-name list for Firefighter on Oct. 3, 2012. The list is based on Exam 2000, which was held from March 17 to April 20, 2012.
    Readers should note that this roster has not yet been officially established for use and that once established, the eligible list changes over its four-year life as candidates are added, removed, reinstated, or rescored.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post

I do not, sorry. I'm sure you could find something on google though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topi...s/doc_1012.pdf
    (PAGE 13)

You can find many of Garaufis' important rulings here:
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topi...y/timeline.php

Forum Member

it's been a while since i've read the doc but im pretty sure it's 3 out of 5: 2 black, 1 hispanic, 2 white.
    It should be noted that never has there been any mention of what the remaining 2 hires race would be, here you assume 2 whites.

I find it extremely highly unlikely, that the city would skip over hispanic or black candidates on 2000 to solely hire whites due to the court mandate. Just looking at the top 10 names on 2000, half of them are most likely Hispanic. Could you imagine the $hitstorm from that.

One would have to assume the city would use rank order on 2000, (and fill in with the priority hires as needed) not race order.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    One would have to assume the city would use rank order on 2000, (and fill in with the priority hires as needed) not race order.
    I have to agree with this assumption.

I'm done with EMS, and it feels really weird. I have a great sense of loss after all the memories accumulated over the last year and a half in the same spot with the same people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes, that might be a good idea. I'm certainly not going to do it though, doesn't affect me at all. Just a curious party.
    Yeah, I kinda figured. I threw it out there in hopes someone on the OC list would call since I can't call while at work, heh.

I am almost certain that they do not "establish" the list until they are ready to hire from it. Even the announcement from The Chief only said the list was "made public":

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services made public a 40,864-name list for Firefighter on Oct. 3, 2012. The list is based on Exam 2000, which was held from March 17 to April 20, 2012.
    Readers should note that this roster has not yet been officially established for use and that once established, the eligible list changes over its four-year life as candidates are added, removed, reinstated, or rescored.
    I just called the DCAS automated line to see if they would give any more info than this. Unfortunately it doesn't. It states the list was made public on October 3rd just like The Chief. The amount of eligibles has actually gone up to 40,906 but my list # hasn't changed. Either way, no mention of when the list expires. When I check for other NYC lists I'm on, they all state the same thing with the "made public on" language and none of them mention list was "established on." Perhaps someone can call DCAS during normal biz hours to inquire?

Forum Member

Perhaps someone can call DCAS during normal biz hours to inquire?
    You'll have better luck if you just hit your head with a hammer repeatedly.

Forum Member

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or even if it's true, but I heard from relatives that the guy from rockaway that died surfing on vacation was EMS promo? I heard from a Sandy victim that he was helping people while paddling them out with his surf board during sandy.
    I heard his dad was a rockaway FF. Sorry to hear.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post

Ya, I agree.

You'll have better luck if you just hit your head with a hammer repeatedly.
    and if you actually do speak to someone, you'll wish you stuck with the hammer.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this or even if it's true, but I heard from relatives that the guy from rockaway that died surfing on vacation was EMS promo? I heard from a Sandy victim that he was helping people while paddling them out with his surf board during sandy.
    I heard his dad was a rockaway FF. Sorry to hear.
    I have no clue, but I doubt it. The news stories would mention his employment with FDNY EMS if that was the case, instead they are only using the term lifeguard.

Forum Member

Okay, no rumors here....reality. Those assigned to PFS have worked their last tours in the field as of today. They are now off line and prepping the curriculum for the Jan. 14th academy.

Enjoy your New Years, it's the last time you'll be completely free for a while. Get ready to work, but be excited for it!

.....make sure you have working clippers and good bic razor!
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

What's the best kind of underwear for the academy? Boxers? Briefs? Boxerbriefs?

...commando?

Forum Member

What's the best kind of underwear for the academy? Boxers? Briefs? Boxerbriefs?

...commando?
    I know you're joking but I would go with boxer briefs.. Maybe some type of athletic under armour type that won't ride up. And from prior experience if there is as much running as people say, I'd suggest spandex bike shorts... ESP if you have bigger thighs like me. Don't need to be chafed walking around like a cowboy...

Cocoa butter/ moisturizing skin cream if chafage occurs..
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I know you're joking but I would go with boxer briefs.. Maybe some type of athletic under armour type that won't ride up. And from prior experience if there is as much running as people say, I'd suggest spandex bike shorts... ESP if you have bigger thighs like me. Don't need to be chafed walking around like a cowboy...

Cocoa butter/ moisturizing skin cream if chafage occurs..
    I'm only half joking. I held back on suggesting a thong.

Forum Member

I'm only half joking. I held back on suggesting a thong.
    Make sure it's red. Just in case you get whale tail.

4379 won't come quick enough.

Hope you guys aren't getting buried with too much snow.

No need to change your type of skivvies IMO. But having a couple extra handy isn't bad.
    Would have to scour the 2043 and/or 6019 threads to find posts that give a good list of what to bring.

Offhand though:
    Socks
    Skivvies
    Gold Bond powder
    DEODORANT
    Duct tape
    Sharpie
    Pen(s)
    Wipes
    Body Glide (Arm & Hammer makes a similar product that I like better too)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 12-29-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Duct tape?

Did I stutter?

Forum Member

To add a few things to Bams list:

A good sized water bottle
    Band aids
    Advil

Did they tell you you need a $9 money order? Bring two, you'll be an all star when someone forgets one. Karma goes a long way.
    ffbam24 and coldblood92 like this.

Thread Information