Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #7526
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Any one know where's whymetoo and almosthere??? The forum kinda dead lol
    They are on the other top secret PH forum that we are apparently too stupid to find.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  2. #7527
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Last day of the CPAT testing is May 17th or 18th for the next class, they are looking to hiring between 3,000 and 4,000 with this list, My # is in the 7XX and I'm probably more than likely going to be in the winter class unless a lot of people don't make it to the july class which is possible but keep working out and training and stay positive
    Hiring 3-4 thousand people?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  3. #7528
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    They are on the other top secret PH forum that we are apparently too stupid to find.
    I am to ****ing stupid to find it... LOL i have tried. Almostthere if you can help out... Or can give a link the the test results...

    Has anyone been able to locate this secret forum or the test results?

  4. #7529
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I am to ****ing stupid to find it... LOL i have tried. Almostthere if you can help out... Or can give a link the the test results...

    Has anyone been able to locate this secret forum or the test results?

    I fear that once/if we find the mysterious PH forum, that THIS particular forum will be abandoned. Everyone will be on the PH forum bashing those guys day and night lol. They know this so they will NEVER tell us.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  5. #7530
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I have some questions for you almostthere.
    When the court case was still fairly in the infant stages and the judge hadn't made his crushing ruling, did you even care about the court case then?
    If you really felt you were wronged back in 2002 why didn't you do anything about it back then?

    No, when I received a phone call from an attorney that a lawsuit was in progress, I thought nothing of it. When they kept calling me about it I decided to see what it was all about and couldn’t believe the accusation that was going to be presented in the case. I couldn’t believe that a case was being presented based on a test, that people failed or didn’t score high enough on to get hired by the FDNY. I had no interest for the lawsuit until I heard about back pay money and a possibility of getting hired with the starting pay of 90k plus, etc.

    Furthermore, I had no issue with the hiring process. I didn’t get a call back after my intake interview and I kept it moving and pursued other options that were out there for me to tackle. Hint, I got a BA in Business Management and worked in different fields, such as Finance, Social Service, etc.

  6. #7531
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    They are on the other top secret PH forum that we are apparently too stupid to find.

    LOL that was a good one. I am actually having a hard time finding that forum.

  7. #7532
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    What is going on guys? For the fellows that are going into the academy soon, what would you prefer?**** To be on the Rock during the summer or the*** winter? At this point, I am sure everyone is excited to*** finally have the opportunity to be fire fighters.*** I** would like to know what all of*** your preferences*** are.

    Manhattan Medic, is it still intense up there?

    I see there are new victims in here you guys are bashing and having fun with. LOL BE NICE GUYS.
    Like many of these guys on this forum, I am no English teacher. Though I have been lucky enough to continue my education into college. I tried to correct what I found wrong in your post with three *'s like this ***. If you believe you deserve more respect something as simple as proof reading your own posts can help you be on your way.

    From what I heard at the rock today probie school sucks. Probie school sucks. Probie school sucks. Haha. I imagine freezing cold while doing PT is not the most enjoyable conditions. Take into account that it will get nicer through April and May. I also imagine dripping in sweat sucks while doing PT. Though it may cool off towards the end of school. Either way like the Lieutenant said at the rock today, Probie school sucks. The pay out though is the best job in the world.

  8. #7533
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Like many of these guys on this forum, I am no English teacher. Though I have been lucky enough to continue my education into college. I tried to correct what I found wrong in your post with three *'s like this ***. If you believe you deserve more respect something as simple as proof reading your own posts can help you be on your way.

    From what I heard at the rock today probie school sucks. Probie school sucks. Probie school sucks. Haha. I imagine freezing cold while doing PT is not the most enjoyable conditions. Take into account that it will get nicer through April and May. I also imagine dripping in sweat sucks while doing PT. Though it may cool off towards the end of school. Either way like the Lieutenant said at the rock today, Probie school sucks. The pay out though is the best job in the world.
    Just wondering, what makes this job the best job in the world?

  9. #7534
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I had no interest for the lawsuit until I heard about back pay money and a possibility of getting hired with the starting pay of 90k plus, etc.
    Holy crap did u really just ADMIT that?! You should of said something else man. You shouldve said "until i thought about and realized that i can finally make a difference/be a hero after all" or something like that. Or at least repeat your initial reason for wanting to join back then. But to admit that you didnt even care about the issue until you realized that you were gettin a handout is just plain...ugh..i cant find the the right word.

    You do know that this isnt any ordinary job right? You do know that you can very easily lose your life on any given day right? You do know that your actions will determine if people live or die?? You do understand that back pay and 90k is not a good reason to be a firefighter right?? I have to ask becuz i saw no honorable reason as to why you took the offer. At least not in any of the post ive read.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  10. #7535
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Just wondering, what makes this job the best job in the world?
    Name a better one. And please dont base it on payscale. Becuz thats not what makes it the best.

    Better yet, what job do you know will give you 90k to start along with 10 years of backpay??? You should be the one proclaiming "Best job in the world"!!! And yet you ask?
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 02-16-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  11. #7536
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    864

    Default

    I'm of the opinion that almostthere is trollin all of us. Pretty hard.

    This can't be real life.
    DJ_Reverse, frankp88 and Mtk123 like this.

  12. #7537
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    ...ugh..i cant find the the right word.
    The right word is schmuck

  13. #7538
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Holy crap did u really just ADMIT that?! You should of said something else man. You shouldve said "until i thought about and realized that i can finally make a difference/be a hero after all" or something like that. Or at least repeat your initial reason for wanting to join back then. But to admit that you didnt even care about the issue until you realized that you were gettin a handout is just plain...ugh..i cant find the the right word.

    You do know that this isnt any ordinary job right? You do know that you can very easily lose your life on any given day right? You do know that your actions will determine if people live or die?? You do understand that back pay and 90k is not a good reason to be a firefighter right?? I have to ask becuz i saw no honorable reason as to why you took the offer. At least not in any of the post ive read.
    A lot of people join the army, navy, not because they want to make a difference, but because they have no other option. But, they still do what they have to do too survive, etc. Of course, I am aware that this job is dangerous; does that mean I should not accept it? I am also aware that people lives are at stake. What makes you think I am not cable of performing this job to the best of my ability? I put 110% in any job I do.

  14. #7539
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Name a better one. And please dont base it on payscale. Becuz thats not what makes it the best.

    Better yet, what job do you know will give you 90k to start along with 10 years of backpay??? You should be the one proclaiming "Best job in the world"!!! And yet you ask?

    I believe being a teacher is a great job to have.

  15. #7540
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I believe being a teacher is a great job to have.
    I believe a pornstar is the best job in the world.

    Now with all seriousness almostthere. Where you given your list number in the PH list or your score? Was the PH list made public to you. I am not asking for the link but for only a simple answer. Thank you.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-17-2013 at 12:00 AM.

  16. #7541
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I believe a pornstar is the best job in the world.

    Now with all seriousness almostthere. Where you given your list number in the PH list or your score? Was the PH list made public to you. I am not asking for the link but for only a simple answer. Thank you.
    no, I was not given my list number. I am not even sure how the PH's even know their score. With the packet I received, it just states group 1.

  17. #7542
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    What makes you think I am not cable of performing this job to the best of my ability?
    Becuz you will be doing it for money...and i cant see how someone could perform THIS job to the best of their ability if THAT is the reason why they have joined.

    Im only judging by your own confession. If you have a more honorable reason for joining the ranks, then say so. I dont dislike you for PH situation. All you did was take the test, not get hired and moved on. Not like it was you who made a fuss and caused a lawsuit; it was people already otj that did that. I cant fault you for answering a phone call that you werent even expecting. That would be stupid. And i cannot fault you for simply taking advantage of a second opportunity which was practically shoved down ur throat. That would be stupid as well. But i can attack your motives because they are dishonorable and insulting, in light of the PH situation.
    USMC2024 and Mtk123 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  18. #7543
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    no, I was not given my list number. I am not even sure how the PH's even know their score. With the packet I received, it just states group 1.
    thank you for being honest. Because the numbers that the other guy gave. OMG! i could have made a court case how that was statistically impossible. AND WON! ... aight thanks my good sir

  19. #7544
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    no, I was not given my list number. I am not even sure how the PH's even know their score. With the packet I received, it just states group 1.
    Because Whymetoo stated "Have you seen the score of the ph. Out of 729 people that took the test 369 score 95 or above. Some 120 with score of 102 and better"

    How would he know this if you claim that the PH list hasn't been made public to you? I think Whymetoo is a troll because he first states that he has a friend that is a PH but then says he is a PH. The PH forum he speaks of is impossible to google and you being a PH don't even know of such forum.

    Someone is lieing here.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-17-2013 at 12:16 AM.

  20. #7545
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Becuz you will be doing it for money...and i cant see how someone could perform THIS job to the best of their ability if THAT is the reason why they have joined.

    Im only judging by your own confession. If you have a more honorable reason for joining the ranks, then say so. I dont dislike you for PH situation. All you did was take the test, not get hired and moved on. Not like it was you who made a fuss and caused a lawsuit; it was people already otj that did that. I cant fault you for answering a phone call that you werent even expecting. That would be stupid. And i cannot fault you for simply taking advantage of a second opportunity which was practically shoved down ur throat. That would be stupid as well. But i can attack your motives because they are dishonorable and insulting, in light of the PH situation.
    That’s the differences between you and me; I can dislike a job and still perform 110% at it.

  21. #7546
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Because Whymetoo stated "Have you seen the score of the ph. Out of 729 people that took the test 369 score 95 or above. Some 120 with score of 102 and better"

    How would he know this if you claim that the PH list hasn't been made public to you? I think Whymetoo is a troll because he first states that he has a friend that is a PH but then everyone assumed he was a PH. The PH forum he speaks of is impossible to google and you being a PH don't even know of such forum.

    Someone is lieing here.
    His information could be legit, I am not sure. The problem you may have is thinking that all of the PH are communicating with each other and exchanging notes, etc.

  22. #7547
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    His information could be legit, I am not sure. The problem you may have is thinking that all of the PH are communicating with each other and exchanging notes, etc.
    I would think that if one PH knows his list number and score because he claims to have seen the list then all PHs would know their list number and score as well.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.

  23. #7548
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I would think that if one PH knows his list number and score because he claims to have seen the list then all PHs would know there list number and score as well.

    Sounds reasonable. Maybe I am just communicating with the wrong people and in the wrong forum. Lol

  24. #7549
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Sounds reasonable. Maybe I am just communicating with the wrong people and in the wrong forum. Lol
    honestly dannydope my gut is to believe almostthere
    DannyD0pe likes this.

  25. #7550
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Just wondering, what makes this job the best job in the world?
    You must have not attended your CPAT training orientation, or you just simply weren't listening. I'm honestly not sure if your response is sarcastic or not. Sadly, that's the impression you've brought upon yourself on this thread. I pray you learn to leave this all behind IF you make it into the academy.

    If your response wasn't sarcastic then I can simply say that (and I'm not speaking from personal experience but only from the experience of being a son to a NYC Firefigher) the FDNY is the greatest job in the world because the friendships you make from it are infinite. The flexibility of the job allows you to do whatever you like on the side. And you get to SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES. (notice the money aspect, though being a fine perk, was not mentioned)



    I'm of the opinion that almostthere is trollin all of us. Pretty hard.

    If this is the case, A job well done on his part. hahaha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 6 guests)

  1. dwm326,
  2. FFwnt2b

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register