Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

^ I think we fill the forum with **** until there is more info...Every time some new info comes in, the forum explodes. When theres nothing to talk about we go back to PH nonsense and other bull...

On that note, is anyone excited for the Ronda Rousey fight?
    Last edited by coldblood92; 02-18-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: im an idiot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    ^ I think we fill the forum with **** until there is more info...Every time some new info comes in, the forum explodes. When theres nothing to talk about we go back to PH nonsense and other bull...

When is that, she is freakin hot?
    Anyways, I think we should get back to what we need to focus on, and that's the next step for most of us. I go meet my investigator on Wednesday, I'm a little nervous to say the least.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    When is that, she is freakin hot?
    Anyways, I think we should get back to what we need to focus on, and that's the next step for most of us. I go meet my investigator on Wednesday, I'm a little nervous to say the least.
    Feb 23. Ive never been so turned on by someone who could beat the **** out of me.

Good luck with the investigator! Let us know how it goes

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Really? Like go to your initial interview in HQ? Cpat practices at the rock before you go take that crappy cpat in queens? To then go take your medical and psychological? Then have your BI call you and tell you "you are ready for hire"?

Yea bro I was there in 08'. I step foot on FDNY grounds and almost licked it too.

Apparently you seem ok about someone coming on the job being 300 pounds, I understand someone being on the job for a decade but someone just getting on in their 20s???? Come on man
    I'm not your "bro". You're light years away from calling anyone on this job "bro". Where are you now? On line hoping for a phone call. I'm ok with anyone who proves they got what it takes to do this job right. I don't care about what they look like. Your attitude is better suited for the calendar, not real firefighting. How about you just superimpose your tic tac toe abs on a photo and send it in instead of trying to play fireman?

My time and advice are reserved for the guys who come on this site looking for info that's going to help them become firemen. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, but with the exception of you and that almostthere clown these seem to be good guys looking to do the right thing and act the right way. Do us all a favor and take your little pu**y *** on over to sanitation; those muscles of yours are better suited for garbage than firefighting.
    FDsouthbxNY and JerkAlert like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ignace_ fortunat View Post
    Hahaha...I'll take your suggestion into consideration since you have a better idea of what place that isn't probably good for me. Any idea of where I should go since you are in the suggestion mood
    You do realize every time you put up a post in barely intelligible English while trying to sound like a smartass you prove my point, right?

I think you should go to the city parks enforcement patrol; writing tickets to people littering in Central Park is about all you can handle at this point.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post

Lol .... On that note can someone tell me why windex froze just now trying to clean my mirrors ... It's not that cold in my my opinion "/

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Your advice, as well as all others otj, is greatly appreciated by myself and most of us on this forum. I will ALWAYS heed the advice of those who have gone before me. What reason do i have not to listen to you. I have no issue with anything youve said as to what we all should be primarily focused on; that is, getting thru the rock and probation. But this forum has sort of become a PH centered forum instead of an OC centered one, hopefully we can all remain on track.

The only 2 elements of your post which has me confused is:

1) What am i not listening/dont want to listen to?
    2) What am i wrong about?

Becuz u said youll be smiling when i get to the rock and find out that im wrong about something. And if its about that ph/firehouse post then again that was only a joke sir. lol i mean it really was. idk why u dont believe me if thats what youre talking about. But again thanks for your advice and such advice is always welcome and appreciated.
    No need for you to thank me. You have to understand you are not going to be judged on what you've done; only on what you DO. I WANT you to be a good fireman when your time comes. That means you'll a) be an asset to my brothers already on the job and b) you will be an asset to the child hiding in a closet or under a bed waiting for you to find them. If I, or southbronx or bam24 give you sh*t, it's because we believe you may have what it takes to do this job right. This is how you're going to be treated your first few years on the job; you'll have to find a way to deal with it. It's not because we like being assh*les; it's because we want you to be as tough as we are. Don't take anything personal from here on out. Fireman are rough men; we're not going to coddle you. We're going to kick you in the head until you understand what it is you're supposed to do. You will notice almostthere and jukez basically enjoy half assed insults instead of real advice on how to act on the job from us, right?

Oh, and don't call me "sir". I'm old enough now to where that kind of thing is an insult.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-18-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I'm not your "bro". You're light years away from calling anyone on this job "bro". Where are you now? On line hoping for a phone call. I'm ok with anyone who proves they got what it takes to do this job right. I don't care about what they look like. Your attitude is better suited for the calendar, not real firefighting. How about you just superimpose your tic tac toe abs on a photo and send it in instead of trying to play fireman?

My time and advice are reserved for the guys who come on this site looking for info that's going to help them become firemen. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, but with the exception of you and that almostthere clown these seem to be good guys looking to do the right thing and act the right way. Do us all a favor and take your little pu**y *** on over to sanitation; those muscles of yours are better suited for garbage than firefighting.
    I didn't ask for your time nor your advice, quite frankly I don't need it. It is kind of disappointing to see someone who "serves and protects" out calling someone who been persuing this caree for years and years a "little pu**y". Unfortunately I Won't go down to that level, especially on a forum which EVERYONE can view. Unless you planning to go to proby school and break one of my limbs I don't see how I won't become a firefighter. Oh and by the way...you must be a big shot firefighter, how many fires have you been to these past five years?
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-18-2013 at 12:48 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the only day a week I do an isolated muscle group for lifting is legs. I'll do 2x20 of squats, using much lighter weights than I could max out at. Then I'll do some straight leg dead lifts before jumping on the stairmill. I'll do some more leg work after that but my legs are pretty beat up by the time I'm jumping on the stairmill. I stopped doing a more traditional squat routine since I think it's more relevant to be able to do a much greater amount of reps at a lighter weight than a heavier weight at 3 reps. Also if you run through those 20 reps quickly it becomes a good cardio workout as well.
    I was telling someone else on here to try and throw in a heavy day of leg/core work, like squats and deadlifts. Now, I'm not a trainer and I really know nothing of the science of fitness. I DO know that I perform much better at fires with that day of heavy lifts. Do what works best for you, but from my experience hardcore leg and core strength is irreplaceable on this job.
    HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

I didn't ask for your time nor your advice, quite frankly I don't need it. It is kind of disappointing to see someone who "serves and protects" out calling someone who been persuing this caree for years and years a "little pu**y". Unfortunately I Won't go down to that level, especially on a forum which EVERYONE can view. Unless you planning to go to proby school and break one of my limbs I don't see how I won't become a firefighter. Oh and by the way...you must be a big shot firefighter, how many fires have you been to these past five years?
    Many more than you've been to, Mr. January. You're literally too stupid and conceited to insult. You'll hear nothing more from me. You're a waste of time and hopefully a waste of paperwork when your little pus** ***** gets dropped from the Rock. So long, prettyboy.

Forum Member

I didn't ask for your time nor your advice, quite frankly I don't need it. It is kind of disappointing to see someone who "serves and protects" out calling someone who been persuing this caree for years and years a "little pu**y". Unfortunately I Won't go down to that level, especially on a forum which EVERYONE can view. Unless you planning to go to proby school and break on of my limbs I don't see how I won't become a firefighter. Oh aind by the way...you must be a big shot firefighter, how many fires have you been to these past five years?

Like most of us on this job, he's probably been to enough fire in a 5 year period that he can't remember them all. This is an internet forum and an anonymous one, which give mu h courage. Never have I heard aomeone so certain to achieve something they know so little about. You have 2 ears and 1 mouth so that you can listen twice as much as yoh speak. You would be well suited to an attitude adjustment.

On that subject, sadly this forum has degenerated into something that I find to be an embarrasment to this great organization. Too bad, I'm optimistic for most of you. All I get when I come here is frustration. No more for me...
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Many more than you've been to, Mr. January. You're literally too stupid and conceited to insult. You'll hear nothing more from me. You're a waste of time and hopefully a waste of paperwork when your little pus** ***** gets dropped from the Rock. So long, prettyboy.
    Best thing you said to me thus far. Thank you for your service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Like most of us on this job, he's probably been to enough fire in a 5 year period that he can't remember them all. This is an internet forum and an anonymous one, which give mu h courage. Never have I heard aomeone so certain to achieve something they know so little about. You have 2 ears and 1 mouth so that you can listen twice as much as yoh speak. You would be well suited to an attitude adjustment.

On that subject, sadly this forum has degenerated into something that I find to be an embarrasment to this great organization. Too bad, I'm optimistic for most of you. All I get when I come here is frustration. No more for me...
    On behalf of most of us here, please don't take off permanently...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    On behalf of most of us here, please don't take off permanently...
    I'll 2nd that
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I'll 2nd that
    I'll 3rd that.

Forum Member

i'll 4th and 5th that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I'll 2nd that
    I third that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I third that
    Damit ... I got caught up at work !!! Ill 6th that

Forum Member

Didn't see the posts where people were saying stuff you didn't like but don't leave please.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Maybe someone else who was present at either of the CPAT orientation seesions today can add their observations, but it sure seemed like there was an awful lot of people not prepared...or in other words, not in shape. Some looked to be way out of shape.

The instructors mentioned that 24 had dropped out from the current class and that approximately 20 more are on the edge.

There was an enthusiastic and blunt Lieutenant there today as well. He mentioned the city advertising all these great benefits of the job (ie flexible schedule), but neglected to mention that it's a tough job and that you actually go to fires. And that you could die doing it.

Looking at the calender, it's approximately 23 weeks until July 29th. It's going to be warm out there, for anyone who makes it into the class.
    Yeah I was there, totally forgot his name but he seemed really cool and down to earth. Am I the only one who was nervous as hell just sitting in the auditorium ? And I'm usually a really chill care free person
    Also, all the people worrying about rep ranges and how heavy the weights are. I'd recommend not even worrying about that, your not 18 weeks out of a bodybuilding show, as long as you keep the intensity of the workouts high and incorporate cardio, you'll be fine for the CPAT. I can't comment on The Rock since I don't know exactly what it's all about, physically at least. Also Id worry more about not getting injured from doing max RM squats or DLs and lighten up the weights and work more towards explosive movements and endurance. But like one of the lieutenants said the finish line is really close, so just stay positive and keep working out. Theres no reason to worry about things you have no control over
    Last edited by SnatchBK; 02-18-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Yeah I was there, totally forgot his name but he seemed really cool and down to earth.
    Lt. Morgan was his name. I felt all the Lt.'s were really good people, and were there to help out evryone. Lt. Morgan, and Lt. Ferrara are mentors, I don't think the other Lt. was.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Yeah I was there, totally forgot his name but he seemed really cool and down to earth. Am I the only one who was nervous as hell just sitting in the auditorium ? And I'm usually a really chill care free person
    Also, all the people worrying about rep ranges and how heavy the weights are. I'd recommend not even worrying about that, your not 18 weeks out of a bodybuilding show, as long as you keep the intensity of the workouts high and incorporate cardio, you'll be fine for the CPAT. I can't comment on The Rock since I don't know exactly what it's all about, physically at least. Also Id worry more about not getting injured from doing max RM squats or DLs and lighten up the weights and work more towards explosive movements and endurance. But like one of the lieutenants said the finish line is really close, so just stay positive and keep working out. Theres no reason to worry about things you have no control over

Intensity Intensity Intensity if you feel like you can't go any harder and your out out of gas and than do more than ur doing whatever your doing right
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Such a sad state of affairs of what's going on with the fdny. I'm leaving a 6 figure job to join the fdny. I pray it stays somewhat recognizable to what I dream of it being. Great job, great hours, great oppurtunities to advance. Mutuals. Hoping the job stays the way I dream it to be. Ph's??? Please don't f**k it up! Respect the tradition that makes the job the greatest. Get on board. To those of us against the whole court decision, a couple hundred deadbeats shouldn't have the power to ruin what we all are training our asses off for. Stay strong brothers tow the line of the Heros that came before us. Anyone not for the tradition of this great institution will fail in more ways than you can imagine. Remember, no matter what, merit does matter! Go hard fellow 103's and above. Make the rest of the look bad every step of the way
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

I hear you. But like I said to someone else on here, there are good guys looking to do the right thing. Jukez is a class A ******bag and he knows it. He also knows he can get away with it here online. They'll hook him up when he gets to a house if he makes it that far.

If you do go, I thank you for the good advice you've been giving on here the past few years.

Forum Member

Terrible 1.5 run .... Need more running !!!! And more running

Thread Information