Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 209259299306307308309310311312319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 22842
Like Tree8974Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The priority hires are a separate list than the OC list. They will take the same FDNY exam #2000 and only need a 70 to pass. A list of about 700ish priority hires who pass exam 2000, CPAT, Medical, Background etc. will be established of which up to 293 of those 700ish can be hired. It's expected that they will be processed for the summer 2013 class of which for every 5 candidates that FDNY hires 2 must be black and 1 hispanic from the priority hire list.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the article stated that roughly 300 will get the chance to take the exam this Friday. I'm assuming whatever amount of those "300" that pass the written/med/background/physical, will make it to the following class this summer.
    As angry I am about this ruling, I am glad the process is moving along.

Good luck to all the promo's today.

Forum Member

How was day 1 guys?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    How was day 1 guys?
    don't know how true it is but the rant is saying 2-3 guys quit. If true this absolutely boggles my mind.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/imag...ates/11767.jpg
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    don't know how true it is but the rant is saying 2-3 guys quit. If true this absolutely boggles my mind.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/imag...ates/11767.jpg
    It was paperwork day, day 1 is the 14th. That rant thread is fairly accurate. The day went about as I expected it to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It was paperwork day, day 1 is the 14th. That rant thread is fairly accurate. The day went about as I expected it to.
    Fairly accurate as in, people raising their left hands and saying "I ...state your name... do swear" ????

Please tell me that was a joke?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Fairly accurate as in, people raising their left hands and saying "I ...state your name... do swear" ????

Please tell me that was a joke?
    Oh come on I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The rest is pretty spot on though.

Forum Member

Oh come on I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The rest is pretty spot on though.
    Well if the rest is spot on, why would believing that gem be a stretch?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Well if the rest is spot on, why would believing that gem be a stretch?
    Actually you're right, reading it over again the stuff that did actually happen is pretty absurd, but no, we were not actually sworn in so...

Forum Member

So, in hindsight, there are a couple of pointers it seems I should have passed on...

Don't lock your knees when you stand at attention. Leave your cell phone in the car. Don't walk on the sidewalk ever.

Forum Member

Actually you're right, reading it over again the stuff that did actually happen is pretty absurd, but no, we were not actually sworn in so...
    I assume the guy who showed up in jeans had a rough day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    So, in hindsight, there are a couple of pointers it seems I should have passed on...

Don't lock your knees when you stand at attention. Leave your cell phone in the car. Don't walk on the sidewalk ever.
    I was wondering why they needed ambulances.

Forum Member

Hahaha. Yeah, really would have thought people in EMS would know the thing about your knees, since they should know the physiological principal behind that. The sidewalk rule can't be repeated enough, and I also really dread the day that someone breaks the cellphone rule.

Also I know of at least one person who just didn't show up (decided late in the game to defer). I'm sure he wasn't the only one. Hopefully they backfill those spots this week so that we can start at 320 on the 14th.

Forum Member

Hahaha. Yeah, really would have thought people in EMS would know the thing about your knees, since they should know the physiological principal behind that. The sidewalk rule can't be repeated enough, and I also really dread the day that someone breaks the cellphone rule.

Also I know of at least one person who just didn't show up (decided late in the game to defer). I'm sure he wasn't the only one. Hopefully they backfill those spots this week so that we can start at 320 on the 14th.
    This guy next to me kept pulling out his phone to check his text he's lucky he didn't get caught I could only imagine the new one he's gonna get ripped!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    This guy next to me kept pulling out his phone to check his text he's lucky he didn't get caught I could only imagine the new one he's gonna get ripped!!
    Unreal. Unf*cking real.

Forum Member

You should have said something to him. Guess what, I hate to tell ya, but if he gets caught YOU get ripped. You're a team now. One guy ****s up, you all pay, just like in a fire.

Forum Member

You should have said something to him. Guess what, I hate to tell ya, but if he gets caught YOU get ripped. You're a team now. One guy ****s up, you all pay, just like in a fire.
    I took a chance of getting yelled at for talking and I told him we weren't suppose to have our phones on us and he just gave me a look like I was speaking alien or something.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    I took a chance of getting yelled at for talking and I told him we weren't suppose to have our phones on us and he just gave me a look like I was speaking alien or something.

sounds like he may cause everyone a lot of problems as you go on. Better get him to straighten up or your all gonna have a tough time. tell him to put that **** away or your all gonna get hammered and make sure a lot of other probies hear you do it. He shouldn"t want to be alienated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nick0525 View Post
    omg.. I do not normally post to message boards because I normally just lurk and check in every so often. But this really gets me boiling... from the Daily News article;
    "Latisha Davis: Not looking for special favors
    “I took the test in 1999. I was on public assistance and through the WEP program got placed in the FDNY’s recruiting department. The women firefighters really encouraged me to go for it, especially Brenda Berkman. She told me what a great job it is. I was helping the department recruit women to the job, so I thought, ‘Why not me?’ I missed the cutoff by five points. I was so disappointed."

Does this woman realize that 5 points can either make or break you when it comes to open competitive exams??? It separates THOUSANDS of people. I took 6019 and got a 89, then took 2000 and got a 97. I did not get any additional points but I am not complaining. Do I wish I would have gotten perhaps a 98 or 99??? Hell yea but it is what it is. This was the first person on the article and after reading just that part I was fuming. Why the hell does race or color of skin matter??? I am Asian and I'm not looking for any handout. Im pretty sure the Asian numbers in the FDNY are by far less than Black and Hispanics. But there is no society that I know of that will point the finger because of race. It should NEVER be about RACE/SKIN COLOR...
    After reading about the other people in the Daily News article, I felt disgusted and sick. I have come to the conclusion that people cannot take blame on themselves. If you did not pass an exam or score high enough to become a FF, how is that the city's fault? Its the city's fault bc the exam was not written well enough for a person with a perhaps HS or GED reading level to understand?? Oh yea I forgot that the min requirements are at least 15 credits in COLLEGE. I have come to the conclusion that society is a bunch of "say-ers, not do-ers"

Sorry for the negativity if any guys. But as I wait for the opportunity for my list # to be called, do not pause your life. Im gonna continue on as if I never took the exam but its perfectly ok to "Hold on to that DREAM" whatever it may be.
    This information in placed in the paper for shock value to hype people up who don't understand the rank order or the merit system in general. The general liberal public thinks its a test you only need to pass and then the white man decides if they want to hire you or not.
    I really hope these people are allowed to be held to the same standards in the academy as others and I hope the instructors have the balls that the LA instructor did, when he failed the woman even thou he was ordered not to and then won in court.

If this exam 2000 is not "racist" then why do they only have to pass it? you know how many lawsuits are gonna stem from this, they are gonna sue every time they can't keep up. Who is gonna wanna teach these arrogant POS's anything.
    I don't even believe she only missed it by 5 points, more like 15 points from passing.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Was any discounted or free NYSC membership offered to the candidates of the January 2013 class during your hiring process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    This information in placed in the paper for shock value to hype people up who don't understand the rank order or the merit system in general. The general liberal public thinks its a test you only need to pass and then the white man decides if they want to hire you or not.
    I really hope these people are allowed to be held to the same standards in the academy as others and I hope the instructors have the balls that the LA instructor did, when he failed the woman even thou he was ordered not to and then won in court.

If this exam 2000 is not "racist" then why do they only have to pass it? you know how many lawsuits are gonna stem from this, they are gonna sue every time they can't keep up. Who is gonna wanna teach these arrogant POS's anything.
    I don't even believe she only missed it by 5 points, more like 15 points from passing.
    Frank Lima? Actually now is the president of his local UFLAC.

Thread Information