Like Tree11283Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a quick aside to the guys on here looking for good info. I've hit the ignore button so I won't be responding to the likes of Jukez or almostthere any further. If you're looking for advice, I'm happy to give it. If you're an *******, I'm not going to try to turn you around. I'll simply ignore you as well. I love this job and I take keeping it what it is very seriously. If I even bother checking this forum anymore, it will be to find out how the good guys on here are doing as opposed to trying to get morons to see the error of their ways. And if any of you are butthurt by criticism, I strongly suggest you look for employment elsewhere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Oh ok ... So since its base on a speculation that means it can also go the other way in which they might need to process more people to complete a class??? Once again just asking
    Sure, hypothetically, but we're really just guessing at this point. My guess is that between 700+ candidates already sent packages, 293 Priority Hires, and a hundred or more EMS promos they won't have trouble filling a class of about 320 for July… but you never know.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Oh ok ... So since its base on a speculation that means it can also go the other way in which they might need to process more people to complete a class??? Once again just asking
    I think they covered their ***** and processed more than they need, not the other way around. 700+ people from the oc, still ems promos, and whatever happens with phs, i think they processed that many to be on the safe side

Forum Member

Possible but unlikely.

From what I've extracted from this whole situation is that they plan to hire off the rest of the Promo's, the PH list and the OC. Depending on whether or not the PH list goes through will determine how many guys from the OC will get called. At my CPAT orientation one of the guys in charge said if your under list number 500 you have a SHOT at getting called. Whether or not this "shot" is a good shot or bad shot, god only knows. Right now I think the best we can hope for is that Merit Matters keeps doing a great job and hopefully the PH's will get tied up with some judicial business.

What's the earliest date that we've heard on here for investigations? Hopefully whoever goes first can come back with some tangible information. Mine is not until the 22nd

Test 2000
    Score 103
    List # 4XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Just a quick aside to the guys on here looking for good info. I've hit the ignore button so I won't be responding to the likes of Jukez or almostthere any further. If you're looking for advice, I'm happy to give it. If you're an *******, I'm not going to try to turn you around. I'll simply ignore you as well. I love this job and I take keeping it what it is very seriously. If I even bother checking this forum anymore, it will be to find out how the good guys on here are doing as opposed to trying to get morons to see the error of their ways. And if any of you are butthurt by criticism, I strongly suggest you look for employment elsewhere.
    Is your pm on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Possible but unlikely.

From what I've extracted from this whole situation is that they plan to hire off the rest of the Promo's, the PH list and the OC. Depending on whether or not the PH list goes through will determine how many guys from the OC will get called. At my CPAT orientation one of the guys in charge said if your under list number 500 you have a SHOT at getting called. Whether or not this "shot" is a good shot or bad shot, god only knows. Right now I think the best we can hope for is that Merit Matters keeps doing a great job and hopefully the PH's will get tied up with some judicial business.

What's the earliest date that we've heard on here for investigations? Hopefully whoever goes first can come back with some tangible information. Mine is not until the 22nd

Test 2000
    Score 103
    List # 4XX
    Mine is on the 18th

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Is your pm on
    No. I don't like to use it. It's on now if there's something you need to ask.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks a lot guys ...

MembersZone Subscriber

Mine is on the 8th & I'm pretty sure some one just had one this week but I could have misread it.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

I had one this week , they review every sheet filled out. Make sure you have everything filled out properly. They do give you time to get stuff back to them if you don't have it, but I advise that you get it to them ASAP. Also, have your sheets stapled, if you pull the packet apart, staple it back together. They have a copier there if you need to make copies. I had a older man, who was the nicest guy I ever met, and he looked at my application and said it was the best paperwork filled out he has ever seen. LOL
    Do not fill out your money order till you get there. They have sheet there for your references to be filled out. Bring hs diplomas, ss card, and tax forms, make sur you bring originals for everything you bring.
    Hope this helps....

MembersZone Subscriber

Military guys/gals:

List it in your employment history. It was a job.

It also shows no gaps in employment if you went from one job to the military and then another job after getting out. 2+ year gaps look a little odd.

MembersZone Subscriber

For the guys going to orientation this is important: parts of your packet REQUIRE you to get them notarized. Make sure you do it as there is no notary onsite for you to use and even if they do, they won't be happy it wasn't done before you got there. The brothers at Metrotech WILL send you on your way if it isn't done. It all starts right here. They're looking for who can follow simple written instruction and who can't. Be the guy who shows up dressed right, with all listed info prepared and set up the way they tell you they want it and your name won't stand out. Right now, you don't want anybody to have a reason for your name to stick in their head. Just about every bank has a notary you can use for free and I know Chase and TD for sure don't require you to have an account with them to use it.

One other thing. There's been a lot of wondering about convictions/arrest/summons. If you had ANYTHING, even a ticket for loitering or something stupid like that that ended up being dismissed, go to the court house and get a copy of the disposition. Costs about $10. That way you have it with you and you can present it if your investigator thinks they might need it.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 02-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    ffbam24 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know the order of this process, ie. is the medical before or after the CPAT, or is it just when ever?

Also am I forgetting any steps: Intake interview, CPAT, medical, 1.5 mile run

Just trying to financially plan my trips to complete the process.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does anyone know the order of this process, ie. is the medical before or after the CPAT, or is it just when ever?

Also am I forgetting any steps: Intake interview, CPAT, medical, 1.5 mile run

Just trying to financially plan my trips to complete the process.
    psych exam too. Maybe someone else can back me up on this but I think they can go in any order, but your medical will not come before your CPAT. I remember someone telling me they wouldn't waste time/resources putting people through medicals if they haven't already passed the physical exam.

Forum Member

For the guys going to orientation this is important: parts of your packet REQUIRE you to get them notarized. Make sure you do it as there is no notary onsite for you to use. The brothers at Metrotech WILL send you on your way if it isn't done. It all starts right here. They're looking for who can follow simple written instruction and who can't. Be the guy who shows up dressed right, with all listed info prepared and set up the way they tell you they want it and your name won't stand out. Right now, you don't want anybody to have a reason for your name to stick in their head. Just about every bank has a notary you can use for free and I know Chase and TD for sure don't require you to have an account with them to use it.

One other thing. There's been a lot of wondering about convictions/arrest/summons. If you had ANYTHING, even a ticket for loitering or something stupid like that that ended up being dismissed, go to the court house and get a copy of the disposition. Costs about $10. That way you have it with you and you can present it if your investigator thinks they might need it.
    Definitely agree with getting ahead of the game - making sure you have Certificates of Disposition for all arrests, having your HS degree (even if you have a college degree), digging out your SS card, DMV Driver Abstract, DD214 if military, etc.

The package we received this time didn't specifically ask us to bring any of these in for the initial intake interview, but I'll bring any/all in regardless. Can't hurt to be over prepared in this instance. However (and this was different than 6019, if I remember correctly) there actually isn't anything to get notarized just yet… just signed/initialed.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

MembersZone Subscriber

For the guys going to orientation this is important: parts of your packet REQUIRE you to get them notarized. Make sure you do it as there is no notary onsite for you to use and even if they do, they won't be happy it wasn't done before you got there. The brothers at Metrotech WILL send you on your way if it isn't done. It all starts right here. They're looking for who can follow simple written instruction and who can't. Be the guy who shows up dressed right, with all listed info prepared and set up the way they tell you they want it and your name won't stand out. Right now, you don't want anybody to have a reason for your name to stick in their head. Just about every bank has a notary you can use for free and I know Chase and TD for sure don't require you to have an account with them to use it.

I just went through the entire packet I was sent and there is nothing to be notarized. Starting to think I'm missing something. The only two things that need a signature is the CPAT waiver (signed by your doctor) & page 19 of the CPD-B but I called and thy said they sign it when they receive your packet.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    psych exam too. Maybe someone else can back me up on this but I think they can go in any order, but your medical will not come before your CPAT. I remember someone telling me they wouldn't waste time/resources putting people through medicals if they haven't already passed the physical exam.
    Thanks much
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Definitely agree with getting ahead of the game - making sure you have Certificates of Disposition for all arrests, having your HS degree (even if you have a college degree), digging out your SS card, DMV Driver Abstract, DD214 if military, etc.

The package we received this time didn't specifically ask us to bring any of these in for the initial intake interview, but I'll bring any/all in regardless. Can't hurt to be over prepared in this instance. However (and this was different than 6019, if I remember correctly) there actually isn't anything to get notarized just yet… just signed/initialed.
    I clearly remember having to get the medical questionnaire notarized. It may or may not be the case now. Either way, if it says it needs to be notarized, then notarize it. A few guys I went to orientation with didn't have it done and they were sent home. They were allowed to come back at a later date and they're all on the job now, but why make it hard on yourself?

Forum Member

for the 07 exam they had sent out a certain number of packets and about 2 months into the process they realized they may need more and sent out a few hundred more to people
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

The director of investigators is a notary, there are things you sign when you are there.

Forum Member

On page 2 of the CPD-B theres a question: "Have you ever used your veteran's preference credit before for a civil service appointment or promotion with NY state or any of its political subdivision?".

I also took the NYPD exam and marked that I am a veteran. I haven't gone through any of the process for NYPD yet. Should I answer "Yes" for this question? or "No" since I haven't been appointed or promoted by NYPD?

Also, I am currently attending school (college) to get my emt cert. Should I list this under education eventhough I havent completed this class yet?
    Last edited by mannyjay; 02-22-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    On page 2 of the CPD-B theres a question: "Have you ever used your veteran's preference credit before for a civil service appointment or promotion with NY state or any of its political subdivision?".

I also took the NYPD exam and marked that I am a veteran. I haven't gone through any of the process for NYPD yet. Should I answer "Yes" for this question? or "No" since I haven't been appointed or promoted by NYPD?

Also, I am currently attending school (college) to get my emt cert. Should I list this under education eventhough I havent completed this class yet?
    You would mark no on that. It's only a yes if you have used your points previously to get into a job. Only if you have started and are on that job using the points counts.
    mannyjay and Spiderneck30 like this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post

No you're ok. You may use your preference once at the federal and once at the state/local level. When you mark yes on the application all you're doing is saying you're eligible for it. Until you swear in somewhere you haven't used it. In fact, when you get to the academy investigations will come in and tell you if you needed the points or not to get on. If you didn't need them, they'll tell you and you can save them.
    Desire4theJob and mannyjay like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    The director of investigators is a notary, there are things you sign when you are there.
    That's good. I bring it up because it happened to guys when I went through orientation. I was simply trying to let you guys know that having your paperwork in good order will make your investigator's life easier. He/she will in turn be inclined to make YOUR life easier.
    mannyjay likes this.

Forum Member

Hows about we all just follow the information which was provided in our packets. What ever they say bring, bring. Whatever they say sign,sign. Whatever they DONT ask for, DO NOT bring. Whatever information they want, make sure it is listed in on the apropriate pages which has been designated for it.

For example, if they ask for criminal summons on one page, dont list a traffic summons on the same page just becuz they both have the word summons. Similarly, and u can listen or not, dont list military service along with civilian employment if a seperate sheet has already been provided for that information. There is a reason for that. The employment sheets are clearly for civilian employment only. There is no room for specific military information on those forms. What would you put for hours worked? Supervisors name? List of time for each duty? and questions like that. Not to mention there is no place to put service number,branch of service, medals & awards, military specialty, rank and type of discharge. You can try to put all that on the civilian employment sheet if u want but ill save that info for the correct sheet that has the appropriate sections.

If they ask about convictions only, then tell them about convictiona only. If its says just sign and doeant say notarized, then just sign it and dont get it notarized. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTION THAT WERE GIVEN TO YOU BY THE FDNY. Other guys are trying to help, but undwrstand that we got a different packet from all the previous guys otj which contain certain instructions only relevant to our packets. Mixing info/directions will get you confused and you will show up with paperwork filled out incorrectly, forms notarized that are not suppossed to be, information mixed up etc., Worst yet is that you worry about what you DONT need while forgetting/misplacing that which you do. Whatever else they want from you, they will ask you for it. Dont go crazy. Theyre not expecting nothing they didnt ask for.

Just follow your last command, which was the instructions contained within the packet they gave you. When they ask you "Why did you do this?" or "Who told you to do that?" or "Why did you put this on that page" etc., u dont wanna say somebody else told you to or that i got it from online. Attention to detail will be a major part of thia process if it is anything like the military.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 02-22-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information