Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 214264304311312313314315316317324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 24139
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Showing up at 7:30 is never a good idea.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Here is the clip from the news about the re-test...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgHgr...ature=youtu.be

Good luck to everyone who started today

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Showing up at 7:30 is never a good idea.
    Wow.....idiots.

Here's something to remember for the rest of your career.....on time is late. An hour early is on time....probies should be there first which means an hour and a half.
    BDZ likes this.

Forum Member

So does anybody know about how many priority hire candidates are going to be hired?

I am under the impression that the priority hires will get into the academy after the 2500 promotional list, but before us OC fdny exam 2000 test-takers.

It would be nice to think that at least all of us in the top 300 of exam 2000 will have a shot at getting into the rock for june 2013.
    Last edited by infolet333; 01-14-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    So does anybody know about how many priority hire candidates are going to be hired?

I am under the impression that the priority hires will get into the academy after the 2500 promotional list, but before us OC fdny exam 2000 test-takers.

It would be nice to think that at least all of us in the top 300 of exam 2000 will have a shot at getting into the rock for june 2013.
    Ya gotta read back a few dozen pages. This has been addressed. These priority hire losers will be mixed into classes going forward. 3 of 5 hires will be those non-contributing-zeros. With any luck, the courts will see to it this doesn't occur.

You'll get hired when you get hired, that's the only solid info there is right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Tough to say. A lot of issues are dealt with on a case by case basis. Any hardware is probably a DQ. As for a bulging disc, there really isn't any way for them to know. The only X-ray they take is a chest X-ray.
    Wouldnt they know from past medical records?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post

This is insulting as a native New Yorker. God only knows what people think of us from the outside looking in.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

The priority hires first have to get a 70 or higher and they have to pass the medical. They just have to offer the job to them. If they can't pass the written or medical they will not get hired. So if they offer the job to 263 or whatever the number was. And only two pass the medical. Only two priority hires will be put in class

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post

Amazing...
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

anyone familiar with the insanity workout? it was at the library and i was gonna take it out and put it on my itunes and do it? is it worth it? i know it retails for like 100 bucks and is free at the library but only for 1 week since its a "new release" whats the point of having it for a week if its a 2 month workout... i dont know, but thats the bay ridge library policy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    anyone familiar with the insanity workout? it was at the library and i was gonna take it out and put it on my itunes and do it? is it worth it? i know it retails for like 100 bucks and is free at the library but only for 1 week since its a "new release" whats the point of having it for a week if its a 2 month workout... i dont know, but thats the bay ridge library policy
    Don't even bro. All that jumping around like a monkey might get you in decent shape but it takes a toll on your knees. Stick to your basic running (sprinting), doing stairs with a weighted vest , light weight lifting and a WHOLE lot of calisthenics.
    Last edited by Jukez; 01-15-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    NYgrad2012 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Don't even bro. All that jumping around like a monkey might get you in decent shape but it takes a toll on your knees. Stick to your basic running (sprinting), doing stairs with a weighted vest , light weight lifting and a WHOLE lot of calisthenics.

Meh...i would say rip it from dvd to cpu then copy it to your ipod...and if you really want to use it once or twice a week to mix things up...skip the video where they do primarily jumping exercises. Do the power/endurance video I think it is...you will sweat like you just took a shower after 40 minutes.. i mean ridiculous sweat..or try George St. Pierre who has an excellent one out...its primarily MMA exercises...

Doesn't hurt to mix it up, just be aware and don't injure yourself...sometimes you can run and run and run...and depending on how hard you run..you won't really sweat...just saying...don't want to get your body too used to a routine. But i'm no expert

FDNY Exam 2000
    140X
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

myles, I gotta agree with Jukez. There's way too many unnecessarily high impact movements in the program. There are some good exercises in there though, but all together at the same time I felt was too much. If you have the time, running through the DVDs once to see if there are any movements you'd like to incorporate in to your own work out is not a bad idea. I liked the one DVD that was dedicated to DB lifting, that's worth checking out. If you need to pick up a copy of the DVDs send me a PM.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 01-15-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    myles, I gotta agree with Jukez. There's way too many unnecessarily high impact movements in the program. There are some good exercises in there though, but all together at the same time I felt was too much. If you have the time, running through the DVDs once to see if there are any movements you'd like to incorporate in to your own work out is not a bad idea. I liked the one DVD that was dedicated to DB lifting, that's worth checking out. If you need to pick up a copy of the DVDs send me a PM.
    And to add to this as well, get a hold of the P90X yoga and stretching. Trust me when I tell you this, if you want to increase your endurance and cardio YOGA and STRETCHING along with the rest of your work outs will do just that. I say this from experience, not he said she said.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    good luck to everyone that started today

for anyone that was there today can the confirm what number of candidates they started with? and the number of weeks the academy is? i spoke to someone yesterday who is entering the academy today and he said he was told it was pushed back to 15 weeks. Thanks
    I got a text fro joinFDNY that stated 318 were sworn in this morning. The most diverse class ever.
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

looks like the official count was 318. That's a really good ratio for a group that had rumors of burning through 870 to get 300

http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.c...9A97160C791D2F

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    good luck to everyone that started today

for anyone that was there today can the confirm what number of candidates they started with? and the number of weeks the academy is? i spoke to someone yesterday who is entering the academy today and he said he was told it was pushed back to 15 weeks. Thanks
    I got a twitter update from joinFDNY that stated "...318 were sworn in this morning. The most diverse class ever."
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Over 100 probies placed on remedial in the physical department. Praise saint pull ups, amen. Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Over 100 probies placed on remedial in the physical department. Praise saint pull ups, amen. Lol
    That's sad, within a few weeks I went from being able to do 1 pull up to doing 7-8 pull ups just by mixing in a few sets of pull outs during my work outs. I should keep my mouth shut, watch me get placed on remedial if I make it that far lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I'm right in your ballpark and I have not received anything as of today at 11:00am. I do not believe anyone from the OC list has received anything, either.
    Thank you and everyone who responded!

Thread Information