Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 1168 FirstFirst ... 217267307314315316317318319320327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 23348
Like Tree9124Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

As much as I can't stand the priority hires, I really wish they just go in the academy already. The worse that happens is we lose 293 spots.

If the second circuit overrule judge *******, the worse that can happen will be 6019 again.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

It blows my mind that a) people don't meet the physical requirements for this and b) people are sticking up for them. 30 sit-ups in a minute is not hard. Especially when you've had a year plus to prep. Stop making excuses and get it done.
    Jocon31 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    As much as I can't stand the priority hires, I really wish they just go in the academy already. The worse that happens is we lose 293 spots.

If the second circuit overrule judge *******, the worse that can happen will be 6019 again.

It is SO, SO much more than just 293 spots. That's definitely not the worst thing that happens.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Default fdny academy

How is the FDNY ACADEMY COMPARED TO THE NYPD ACADEMY? I know there are plenty of guys that have done both

Forum Member

Meaning 293 guys from the OC list who have a passion and would do anything for the job would not get it.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Between promotions and these affirmative action hires (which hopefully get rejected by the second circuit court) I don't think there will be a class comprised entirely of Exam #2000 candidates until Winter/Spring 2014. There will be some this summer and some in the class after that, but COMPLETELY the OC candidates, not for a while. Of course, if justice is ACTUALLY served and hiring goes in merit based rank order, that could change.
    Are you hearing there will be more than 2 classes per year? The way I read the above quote I think you're implying a 2nd class this summer, and a 3rd class before year-end with a mix of promotional/OC/possibly priority hires before an all OC class in early 2014.

Let justice be served.

Forum Member

Look, I understand you're anxious to get into the academy, but this is a frighteningly short sighted outlook. It's not 293 schleps....its principal and a slap in the face to nearly 150 years of dedicated service. If hiring has to be delayed to prevent these no good freeloaders from joining the ranks, so be it. That might be hard to swallow, but when you do get on, you'll be joining a job with a stronger future and better present.

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Are you hearing there will be more than 2 classes per year? The way I read the above quote I think you're implying a 2nd class this summer, and a 3rd class before year-end with a mix of promotional/OC/possibly priority hires before an all OC class in early 2014.

Let justice be served.
    It's not about how many classes they'll have a year. If they intend to run the schedule as they did in the past, there won't be any downtime. They'll run one academy after the other. That means you'll see a new academy class every 18 weeks, give or take.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Look, I understand you're anxious to get into the academy, but this is a frighteningly short sighted outlook. It's not 293 schleps....its principal and a slap in the face to nearly 150 years of dedicated service. If hiring has to be delayed to prevent these no good freeloaders from joining the ranks, so be it. That might be hard to swallow, but when you do get on, you'll be joining a job with a stronger future and better present.

It's not about how many classes they'll have a year. If they intend to run the schedule as they did in the past, there won't be any downtime. They'll run one academy after the other. That means you'll see a new academy class every 18 weeks, give or take.
    Couldn't agree more - from someone who would've been hired in '08, I don't want to eventually get into a dept with guys and girls that never earned the spots. It's a disgrace and even worse, dangerous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Couldn't agree more - from someone who would've been hired in '08, I don't want to eventually get into a dept with guys and girls that never earned the spots. It's a disgrace and even worse, dangerous.
    Just because you score higher on a test doesn't mean you would be a better firefighter then anyone who scored lower than you, BUT me being someone who would have also gotten hired in 08' it would just **** me the F.ck off that someone who scored less then me would get hired first.

BY the way I got curious and tried to do 30 sit ups in 1 min so I made my brother grab my feet hands locked behind my head, elbows to knees... And failed. I did 26 sit ups in 37 secs but then had to go take a crap so I stopped. I guess I would be in remedial too
    mocon337, frankp88 and Joe smith like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just because you score higher on a test doesn't mean you would be a better firefighter then anyone who scored lower than you, BUT me being someone who would have also gotten hired in 08' it would just **** me the F.ck off that someone who scored less then me would get hired first.

BY the way I got curious and tried to do 30 sit ups in 1 min so I made my brother grab my feet hands locked behind my head, elbows to knees... And failed. I did 26 sit ups in 37 secs but then had to go take a crap so I stopped. I guess I would be in remedial too
    Sorry but when people are scoring as low as these people did the first time, I would feel nervous letting them park my car never mind having my back in a life or death situation.
    FDsouthbxNY, DJ_Reverse and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

...I have absolutely no doubt that im in good enough shape to breeze through proby school...

Hmmmmm...

Just bustin your stones, guy.
    FDsouthbxNY and HopefulFF like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Hmmmmm...

Just bustin your stones, guy.
    Lol trust me I would be one ****ty proby... Literally... But those 30 sit ups will not send me to remedial haha

Forum Member

What do you expect when the physical is pass/fail? This is no shock to me. This is the breed of people fdny wants in the department nowadays.

Forum Member

Just because you score higher on a test doesn't mean you would be a better firefighter then anyone who scored lower than you
    ...and someone who scores better on the SAT isn't necessarily a better college student, yet we use that as the admissions measuring stick. It's a test, you get a score, higher=better. Such is life......the only people that don't like the measuring stick are whiny Vulcans.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cafslover View Post
    It blows my mind that a) people don't meet the physical requirements for this and b) people are sticking up for them. 30 sit-ups in a minute is not hard. Especially when you've had a year plus to prep. Stop making excuses and get it done.
    He made it in and never said he wouldn't get it done. He was nice enough to be honest about his experience. Its over, everyone gets your point.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    He made it in and never said he wouldn't get it done. He was nice enough to be honest about his experience. Its over, everyone gets your point.
    True. I feel like any comment we make will make us look like that kid making burgers at McDonald's talking about how he's going to be driving a Rolls one day.

We won't know until we're there. Armchair quarterbacking, I think they call it. Until we are there, we should appreciate any advice/insight they give us.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

for you guys looking to switch up your workouts a bit, if you can get your hands on a rowing machine they will hit muscles in your legs you didnt know you had lol.

running, squats, dead lifts, presses, lunges, none of them left my legs as sore

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NNYGgQ6p-x...ng-Machine.jpg

Forum Member

New to this blog, been trying to get caught up!!

How are the guys in the academy doing? Have any dropped out as of yet?

Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Sorry but when people are scoring as low as these people did the first time, I would feel nervous letting them park my car never mind having my back in a life or death situation.
    Agreed dude. The media covering it, along with the people retaking it don't understand that "a strong candidate" signifies someone actually in contention for the job. Not someone who obtained a 90. 90 may have been fantastic on a 10th grade English midterm, but in this context, it separates about 15,000 people, literally. If you want a job where all you need to do is pass to get called, take the PD exam. (no knock on cops, but kind of still haha.)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Does anyone know what tier the 318 guys are part off? Is it Tier 6 or were they in a different Tier while working as an EMT? I guess a better question is what Tier will the OC guys and Gals be in? What are the major changes to Tier 6?

Thread Information