Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 219269309316317318319320321322329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 23233
Like Tree9097Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    As soon as I get something I plan on updating everyone, I am in the top 150.
    Same here, I am in the top 200, as soon as I get anything I will send an update.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this. If you're a candidate, I'm sure you'd be welcome. Please attend and hear the latest news and show support for merit.

St. Luke's Church (Basement) at 7pm on Feb 5th.
    E. 138th St., in The Bronx.
    Across the street from E. 83 & L. 29

**If you're in the current academy class, 7pm is getting a little close to bedtime, you should stay home. Seriously, Merit Matters will be here for you after graduation.
    We are invited, I asked to be sure even thou I knew we would be.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

So heard back from DCAS today regarding my appeal, said nothing about how they scored just that they checked the algorythms and everything checked out and that they will hold a TVB going over how the protests were reached, guess what folks, no information or answer key was released; we now have a MAJOR issue!
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

kind of a slap in the face to the OC guys, after all these years of court visits, and bs, that they hire medics first. just sayin. good luck though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    So heard back from DCAS today regarding my appeal, said nothing about how they scored just that they checked the algorythms and everything checked out and that they will hold a TVB going over how the protests were reached, guess what folks, no information or answer key was released; we now have a MAJOR issue!
    wow, sry im really confused by ur post. What is it your saying here? layman terms plz. Whats the issue and will I need a tissue?

Forum Member

Hopefully someone from EMS or OTJ already can answer this. I used to use a protein powder that I really liked called Sun Warrior. Good stuff made from vegetables and didn't bloat or weigh you down. Problem was, it has hemp seed in it. When I got my # I stopped, wondering if that would test me positive for a drug test. Can anyone add to this a bit? Should I not use it again? Same thing with hemp seed soap. I'm kind of a hippie when it comes to that stuff haha, but I'd lose my mind if I failed the drug test because of something so f*cking stupid.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Hopefully someone from EMS or OTJ already can answer this. I used to use a protein powder that I really liked called Sun Warrior. Good stuff made from vegetables and didn't bloat or weigh you down. Problem was, it has hemp seed in it. When I got my # I stopped, wondering if that would test me positive for a drug test. Can anyone add to this a bit? Should I not use it again? Same thing with hemp seed soap. I'm kind of a hippie when it comes to that stuff haha, but I'd lose my mind if I failed the drug test because of something so f*cking stupid.
    okay i had this same concern(I was a vegan; will go back to it ). I think its like 1% of people will test positive if using hemp protein. It was enough for me not to use hemp knowing that I had FDNY drug test coming up. Even if the number was as low as 1 in 10,000, didnt want to chance it. I dont remember the exact number Im sure you can look it up with a simple google search.

I did find something that taste great and doesnt seem to give me that bloated feeling. It uses soy and whey(im not thrilled about whey) but its pretty much as good as it gets at the price. http://bolthouse.com/product/proteinplusmango . You can find them at target. They cost less than 4 bucks for a 32oz bottle. I have 16oz a day. So for less than 2 bucks a day i get a pretty good protien shake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    okay i had this same concern(I was a vegan; will go back to it ). I think its like 1% of people will test positive if using hemp protein. It was enough for me not to use hemp knowing that I had FDNY drug test coming up. Even if the number was as low as 1 in 10,000, didnt want to chance it. I dont remember the exact number Im sure you can look it up with a simple google search.

I did find something that taste great and doesnt seem to give me that bloated feeling. It uses soy and whey(im not thrilled about whey) but its pretty much as good as it gets at the price. http://bolthouse.com/product/proteinplusmango . You can find them at target. They cost less than 4 bucks for a 32oz bottle. I have 16oz a day. So for less than 2 bucks a day i get a pretty good protien shake.
    Thanks a lot dude appreciate it. Yea I read the chances are really low too but it's not worth the risk. And $2 bucks a shake pretty much equates to Sun Warrior shakes too so I'll def try it out. When you get the chance try out some of their stuff you'd probably like it (after the drug tests of course haha).
    coldblood92 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

wow, sry im really confused by ur post. What is it your saying here? layman terms plz. Whats the issue and will I need a tissue?
    Issue is they have not provided a answer key or way of showing us as candidates how the test was scored, more over how they arrived at rounding up or down of our list numbers. They are going to provide a Test Validation Board but does little to quell our fears that this test was rushed through and that they did properly go over our protests but rather used their tribunal to be the end all of protested questions. It means the over 5,000 or who appealed their scores still have more questions than answers; and that this test is becoming and looking more rigged than first thought.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Wow, talk about non sense smh. I'm Sooo fah king sick of this political cesspool.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Issue is they have not provided a answer key or way of showing us as candidates how the test was scored, more over how they arrived at rounding up or down of our list numbers. They are going to provide a Test Validation Board but does little to quell our fears that this test was rushed through and that they did properly go over our protests but rather used their tribunal to be the end all of protested questions. It means the over 5,000 or who appealed their scores still have more questions than answers; and that this test is becoming and looking more rigged than first thought.

No answer key, is this standard procedure with PSI? I would think that could be a good place to start. If PSI normally puts out an answer key, but for this test they aren't, there's obviously an inconsistency there. If this is how PSI operates though, that could be a problem.

Forum Member

One week in. 5 probies Dropped. Boy is going to be a cold winter.
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I heard a few guys got hurt. Can't vouch for the rumor though, I heard it third hand.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I heard a few guys got hurt. Can't vouch for the rumor though, I heard it third hand.
    Yea when I take my heavy friends to the gym and make them do alot of push ups and sit ups they tell me the next day they are "hurt" too
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Question. When an EMT/Paramedic drops out of the academy, are they allowed to return to EMS or are they out of a job?

On a latter note. Waiting on this packet in the mail is torture.

Forum Member

Try Protein from True nutrition, you can pick any source of protein that you want. Pea protein, hemp, whey, peanut ETC.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-22-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    mocon337 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Its a tough job, and it takes tough people to do it. Theres no way around that. Better to find out now when theyre just getting warmed up, rather than slip through the cracks for a while and get really f-ed up in a truly grueling evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by john_smith1 View Post
    Question. When an EMT/Paramedic drops out of the academy, are they allowed to return to EMS or are they out of a job?

On a latter note. Waiting on this packet in the mail is torture.
    EMS takes a leave of absence to come to the fire academy, rather than resig, so they may return to their EMS job.

While they may not be forced to "burn their boats," as the previous Probie School CO used to suggest, it would benefit anyone and everyone to adopt the mindset.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Try Protein from True nutrition, you can pick any source of protein that you want. Pea protein, hemp, whey, peanut ETC.
    To be honest, since I stopped with the hemp stuff after getting my # I haven't taken anything really. Just eat a big meal after a workout usually. It's garnered pretty much the same results, and at least you know what you're putting into your body. But no doubt that protein supplements speed recovery time, which is is most important when training for something like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    To be honest, since I stopped with the hemp stuff after getting my # I haven't taken anything really. Just eat a big meal after a workout usually. It's garnered pretty much the same results, and at least you know what you're putting into your body. But no doubt that protein supplements speed recovery time, which is is most important when training for something like this.
    I agree, if you can eat whole foods all the time then thats even better. If you need top quality protein with no gimmicks personalized for you then truenutrion is the best. You can even copy another high priced product, use the same ingredients and get it for much cheaper. But at the risk of sounding redundant real food is better as I am sure we all have already heard.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-22-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I agree, if you can eat whole foods all the time then thats even better. If you need top quality protein with no gimmicks personalized for you then truenutrion is the best. You can even copy another high priced product, use the same ingredients and get it for much cheaper. But at the risk of sounding redundant real food is better as I am sure we all have already heard.
    Yea I just checked out the site. Pretty cool how you can make your own custom mix.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Thread Information