Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I hate even mentioning this. The gist of it is that if you fail the run they will put you through a second (modified) medical, since it's possible that you are actually in good enough shape but can't do 1.5 in 13.

Don't think of this as a serious option. When I was going through the process they said over 90% of people that get taken downtown for the second medical after failing the run fail the medical. Also, we do a fair amount of running in the academy. Everybody in contention for the July class has way more than enough time to become a proficient runner. No excuses.
    Agreed!!! Four months is way more than enough time to master a 1.5 mile run. When i was 22, i had smoked for 9 years and had never run around a track a day in my life. I was also never into sports. Completely inexperienced with running or any type of cardio for that matter,and smoking cigarrettes since i was 14. At age 22, i joined the army in that poor condition.

Before basic training, i tried to prepare myself by going to the gym and running the treadmill. Little did i know that the treadmill was completely different than what i was about to get myself into. I had managed to do two miles on the treadmill after about a month. I thought i was prepared for basic; and was still smoking.

When i arrived at basic, they made us run ONE mile in order to determine our individual conditions. I FAILED the one mile run. I didnt even make 3 laps. I thought to myself "wtf am i gonna do now. Ill never be able to run a mile, let alone 2 miles."

After only ONE MONTH of intense basic training, running every other day and NO smoking for the first time in 9 years, i was able to complete 2 MILE run in 13 min/11 sec. When i started smoking again (stupid), my 2 MILE run time was a little over 14 minutes. Thats 2 miles! Bottom line is that we have so much time to prepare that NOBODY should have any excuses for failing a measly 1.5 under 13.
    zachryw2001 and mocon337 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

A bit of confusion, does the entry run to get on the job have to be 1.5 miles done in under 12 minutes or done in under 13 minutes?

Thanks

I hate even mentioning this. The gist of it is that if you fail the run they will put you through a second (modified) medical, since it's possible that you are actually in good enough shape but can't do 1.5 in 13.

Don't think of this as a serious option. When I was going through the process they said over 90% of people that get taken downtown for the second medical after failing the run fail the medical. Also, we do a fair amount of running in the academy. Everybody in contention for the July class has way more than enough time to become a proficient runner. No excuses.

Forum Member

Default 1.5 mile run

Under 13min to get into the academy.

Under 12 minutes to avoid being placed in remedial while in the academy.

Pretty sure thats how it goes

Forum Member

Yup. Also whoever wanted planks will be happy to know that there is an abundance of planks to be had.
    What if you get a hamstring cramp?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

yea yesterday i ran the 1.5 mile in 12:44 on the treadmill. and today i did it in 13:03. i use the nike running app on my phone but i dont know if its accurate, when the app say i completed the 1.5 mile, the treadmill shows that i only ran 1.3 or so... does anyone know of the most accurate to time and calculate the exact distance? Im in the hi 700's so im preparing to start processing during the end of the summer for the next january class hopefully.thanks guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    yea yesterday i ran the 1.5 mile in 12:44 on the treadmill. and today i did it in 13:03. i use the nike running app on my phone but i dont know if its accurate, when the app say i completed the 1.5 mile, the treadmill shows that i only ran 1.3 or so... does anyone know of the most accurate to time and calculate the exact distance? Im in the hi 700's so im preparing to start processing during the end of the summer for the next january class hopefully.thanks guys
    Even if you are running the mile and half on the treadmill. Whatever your time is will be wrong. You will gain about 1 1/2-2 min when u run outside. To be under the 12 min run outside you need to be no more than 10 min mile and half on a treadmill.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    I am not sure how the app works when your staying in place. But if you use it outside and run it should be pretty close to spot on. If your worried about that go find a school track. Or something you know is a set distance.

Also as for tred mill vs outside. I run faster outside then I do on the tred mill. And I am sure others run faster on the tred mill then they do outside. Its all about finding whats working for you. I run both tred mill and outside all the time.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Has anyone here been to their investigation meeting yet? If so, did CID ask you to come back with any additional documents? Did they ask you to redo anything for any reason? I guess my question in general is how did it go?
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    Even if you are running the mile and half on the treadmill. Whatever your time is will be wrong. You will gain about 1 1/2-2 min when u run outside. To be under the 12 min run outside you need to be no more than 10 min mile and half on a treadmill.
    That's a really broad generalization. I have no doubt that is how it works for you, but I personally run faster outdoors than on a treadmill. I think the only takeaway is that run times will not be calculated on a treadmill but outdoors, so no matter how much cardio training you do on a treadmill do NOT rely on those times to gauge whether or not you are prepared for the run. Run with a GPS tracker you trust or time yourself at a track.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    Has anyone here been to their investigation meeting yet? If so, did CID ask you to come back with any additional documents? Did they ask you to redo anything for any reason? I guess my question in general is how did it go?
    Yes, I have to bring back my W2's, I didn't have them cause my accountant had them. It went well, I guess it depends on who you have as a investigator. Just make you the documents they have you to fill out are filled out properly. Mistakes are Ok, just make sure everything is filled out. Also, bring all originals with you of everything!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yes, I have to bring back my W2's, I didn't have them cause my accountant had them. It went well, I guess it depends on who you have as a investigator. Just make you the documents they have you to fill out are filled out properly. Mistakes are Ok, just make sure everything is filled out. Also, bring all originals with you of everything!
    Thanks! I must have missed where they asked for W2's how far back do they want them?
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Hey guys, with all the talk about running outside and GPS trackers etc, I figured someone might find this site useful.

http://www.runningmap.com/

Its like mapmyrun but much better. I stopped using mapmyrun 2 years ago when I turned it on and had to click through 10 adverts just to see the map, then the map was covered in all the local McDonalds locations haha.
    TomFromQueens likes this.
    List # 12XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Can you turn your PMs on?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Question for the guys going through the investigation process right now and that may be in a similar situation. I lived in the city up until September when I moved to Nassau. I applied for residency points because I met the criteria on the NOE and was still living in the city at the time. I spoke to DCAS and Candidate Investigations for the FDNY and they both said I would get the points. But I'm still nervous about it, I don't want them to come back and say "well you don't live in the city anymore". If anyone is in the same situation can you let me know how it goes. I have no lease so if worst comes to worst I'll move tomorrow.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Yes, I have to bring back my W2's, I didn't have them cause my accountant had them.
    This is really good to know. How many years back did they request, and were photocopies acceptable (like most people, all I have left are PDFs of old returns so I'll have to start now if they want official W2s…)

Thanks!
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    I am not sure how the app works when your staying in place. But if you use it outside and run it should be pretty close to spot on. If your worried about that go find a school track. Or something you know is a set distance.

Also as for tred mill vs outside. I run faster outside then I do on the tred mill. And I am sure others run faster on the tred mill then they do outside. Its all about finding whats working for you. I run both tred mill and outside all the time.
    im the same way. I run faster outside than when I run on the treadmill. I've always heard its the other way around

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    This is really good to know. How many years back did they request, and were photocopies acceptable (like most people, all I have left are PDFs of old returns so I'll have to start now if they want official W2s…)

Thanks!
    I just called CID about this. They said back to 2007. Not sure about photocopies or not, but I think its fine. Give them a call...
    nycthirteen likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Hey guys, i'm going to the CPAT training session tonight at the rock.

Are we allowed to wear gym shorts, or are sweatpants the only thing acceptable?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Does any former military guys/gals on here know how to get more than last 5 years of W2s? If I go to mypay it only list the last 5 years.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does any former military guys/gals on here know how to get more than last 5 years of W2s? If I go to mypay it only list the last 5 years.
    I just went through this this morning.
    write a request asking for the W2's.
    Have your name, address, social phone and email on it
    sign it
    fax it to: 1800 469 6559
    Any issues, call DFAS at 18883327411, option 5, option 0
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I just went through this this morning.
    write a request asking for the W2's.
    Have your name, address, social phone and email on it
    sign it
    fax it to: 1800 469 6559
    Any issues, call DFAS at 18883327411, option 5, option 0
    Thank you.
    Ext. 17 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    do they want everyone's W2s from the last 5 years or just military peoples

Forum Member

Someone posted this list a while back of documents they were required to bring to 6019. I know some of these were not asked to bring along but im going to bring them anyway just in case they ask for it. Im not trying to create any confusion either, just thougt i'd re-share this info as it might be helpful for some of you.

1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov(http://www.sss.gov/)). If active Reservist, unit name and address17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).

Edit: Had to fixed it. It was all together when I copied and pasted it.
    Last edited by mannyjay; 02-27-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    CableGuy516 and infolet333 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    do they want everyone's W2s from the last 5 years or just military peoples
    Pretty sure everybody
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

^^^^^I would totally pay $752 fingerprints if that's what it took to get on the job, but you might wanna ninja edit that.

Thread Information