Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 221271311318319320321322323324331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 23939
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

the next class isnt going in until sept '13. they have enough time to get letters out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    the next class isnt going in until sept '13. they have enough time to get letters out
    Where did you hear this?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

today from a lieutenant on the captains list. supposedly its known knowledge

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    they should throw out the last part of the test. I doubt that part holds much legal weight. I bet if the last part was thrown out, lots of people( not all) at the top would be moved to the bottom because they had poor test taking skills and lying on the last part of the test greatly benefited them, as it was meant to.
    I would venture to guess that the top 500 or so list numbers wouldn't change that much. A majority of those list numbers have the residency credit combined with the veterans credit or legacy credit. And a majority of the list numbers with 101 or higher had at least the residency credit.

There are a lot of people with the same score and I would think that many people either 'benefitted' or were 'hurt' by their randomly assigned social security number.

To DJ: I do remember reading a court document that contained information on how each section would be weighted and how they would arrive at whole number scores, as partial credits are awarded. I remember as I used that information to attempt to estimate my score, as I had written down my results from my protest session, after I arrived home from that session. My estimate came out pretty close to what my final score was. However, I cannot remember if it stated what partial credits would be worth.

Also, I think that very same court document covered the protests and which versions of the exam had protests granted. I think the document was called something like 'FDNY firefighter test and validation report' and if I recall correctly, it was released shortly before the scores were in the Chief. I may be mistaken.

Would a FOIA or FOIL request be able to get the information you want?
    Last edited by Minerva; 01-23-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

I find it hard to believe this test was rigged and or tainted. Just because someone didn’t make into hiring range on 2000 that made it on 6019 does not constitute a conspiracy against or in favor of any one race. All this talk of how people “certain” people were screwed as far as point allocation because of race is a little far fetch to me. I’m pretty sure people of ALL races and got screwed by how they answered the personality questions. The proof is in the pudding, take a look at the names that compromise the bottom of list 2000. There are a lot of what appears to be minority names down there. Guess that” magical” algorithm didn’t work out too good for them. And consequently, any attempt to make a test easier for ANYONE, would make the test easier for EVERYONE. The cream will always rise to the top regardless and in the case of 2000 has risen to the top..whether their were white, black, etc..etc. As far as personality questions and the” right” way to answer them, it is not inherent to just ONE race. The only people that should scream that the test was against their favor are people who are naturally jerks, a-holes and loners, because that’s what you would have to truly be in order to screw the pooch on the personality questions. And in which case wouldn’t make you a good fit for the FDNY anyway..in my opinion. Does this mean I agree with using personality questions for an exam? No, but it is what it is. We got dealt the test we got and we all had a choice to take it or not take it. Just my two cents..
    River6019, IronFireE5 and mannyjay like this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    they should throw out the last part of the test. I doubt that part holds much legal weight. I bet if the last part was thrown out, lots of people( not all) at the top would be moved to the bottom because they had poor test taking skills and lying on the last part of the test greatly benefited them, as it was meant to.
    Agreed dude. I remember when there was that whole discrepancy with the Vulcan classes, all they taught was the last part of the test and how to respond to those vague personality questions. A little suspicious is it not?
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

the next class isnt going in until sept '13. They have enough time to get letters out
    faaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkk
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I would venture to guess that the top 500 or so list numbers wouldn't change that much. A majority of those list numbers have the residency credit combined with the veterans credit or legacy credit. And a majority of the list numbers with 101 or higher had at least the residency credit.

There are a lot of people with the same score and I would think that many people either 'benefitted' or were 'hurt' by their randomly assigned social security number.

To DJ: I do remember reading a court document that contained information on how each section would be weighted and how they would arrive at whole number scores, as partial credits are awarded. I remember as I used that information to attempt to estimate my score, as I had written down my results from my protest session, after I arrived home from that session. My estimate came out pretty close to what my final score was. However, I cannot remember if it stated what partial credits would be worth.

Also, I think that very same court document covered the protests and which versions of the exam had protests granted. I think the document was called something like 'FDNY firefighter test and validation report' and if I recall correctly, it was released shortly before the scores were in the Chief. I may be mistaken.

Would a FOIA or FOIL request be able to get the information you want?
    Actually Minerva those documents released only show the general breakdown not the individual weighted grades on each section/test. I read through the entire thing throughly and it also makes no mention of the berakdown of who got what test version. They did mention the partial to whole but little to dispell the fear that it was graded up or rounded down rather that it gave a "ballpark".

A FOIL should help release more information but the problem is if it does what next?

Does this open up more of a problem as now we still decrepencies or unfairness afoot or are we lucky to see that really this was a fair test and that you're extra points are what really separated one candidate from another?
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 01-23-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Forum Member

So theyre going to put two classes in 2 years that the test is active. I dont believe that to be very good information. Ive heard diffrent from other sources.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by john_smith1 View Post
    So theyre going to put two classes in 2 years that the test is active. I dont believe that to be very good information. Ive heard diffrent from other sources.

Lol if you guys haven't learned not to listen to any sources, be it your own or from this forum, then I don't know what else to tell you. I'm obviously no expert here, but nobody knows a goddamn thing when it really comes down to it aside from a very select few people that none of us here knock back beers with...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Lol if you guys haven't learned not to listen to any sources, be it your own or from this forum, then I don't know what else to tell you. I'm obviously no expert here, but nobody knows a goddamn thing when it really comes down to it aside from a very select few people that none of us here knock back beers with...
    Yeah i know
    Last edited by john_smith1; 01-23-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Forum Member

I've been reading this thread for a while now. I accuracy of said sources in percentages must be in the teens.

Lets keep this from becoming a rumor mill like some other forums I wish not name...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #17XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Actually Minerva those documents released only show the general breakdown not the individual weighted grades on each section/test. I read through the entire thing throughly and it also makes no mention of the berakdown of who got what test version. They did mention the partial to whole but little to dispell the fear that it was graded up or rounded down rather that it gave a "ballpark".

A FOIL should help release more information but the problem is if it does what next?

Does this open up more of a problem as now we still decrepencies or unfairness afoot or are we lucky to see that really this was a fair test and that you're extra points are what really separated one candidate from another?
    Ok, DJ. Just trying to help out.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Ok, DJ. Just trying to help out.
    Dude, no worries at all and thanks! Take it as one of our conversations and not as me telling you lol.

Forum Member

As someone who has a # in the 79xx's, I'm just glad list# 2000 hasn't been established yet and the clock hasn't started counting down. I'm on the edge of the hiring range and it's gonna be close so the longer this list is eligible for hire the more time that goes by the more guys that will move on to something else or lose interest. Just trying to look at the positives at this point!

I'm seeing quite a few of you literally willing to just roll over and take it.
    This has everything to do with you guys and gals. The future of the job is at stake here. A precedent will be set if you don't do anything. Past practice has been to provide a detailed answer key. If you don't demand to know exactly how the test was scored, this will continue.

The cream will rise to the top? Not if there isn't any transparency.
    In other words, not if it is prevented from doing so by manipulation of the process.

(DJ has been doing the right thing since day one of this process with 6019. I'm disheartened and mad that because of this social experiment he is now out of the running. YET, he continues to fight for ALL OF YOU.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Dude, no worries at all and thanks! Take it as one of our conversations and not as me telling you lol.
    You got it. On another note, let me tell you, even with the list number I have on 2000, the uncomfortable feelings left over from 6019 are still with me and I'm going to sign up for a couple exams this spring. You just can never tell what's going to happen.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    I'm seeing quite a few of you literally willing to just roll over and take it.
    This has everything to do with you guys and gals. The future of the job is at stake here. A precedent will be set if you don't do anything. Past practice has been to provide a detailed answer key. If you don't demand to know exactly how the test was scored, this will continue.

The cream will rise to the top? Not if there isn't any transparency.
    In other words, not if it is prevented from doing so by manipulation of the process.

(DJ has been doing the right thing since day one of this process with 6019. I'm disheartened and mad that because of this social experiment he is now out of the running. YET, he continues to fight for ALL OF YOU.)
    You know what guys Bam is right. DJreverse is fighting for all of us candidates, guys on the job, emts, every man woman and child that calls the streets of NYC home. Your mother, you father, your sister, your auntie, even your granny. Yes fellas, thats why he fights for the cause, not because his list number is 9600.

Isn't it funny how the guy that loses is always the one that demands a recount.

And ya know what, maybe theres nothing wrong with that, but don't tell me he's doing it for me.

(FYI, Bam DJ never even posted in the 6019 thread and from the looks of it, he never even took it. So much for doing the right thing by 6019).
    Ladders 4 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    You know what guys Bam is right. DJreverse is fighting for all of us candidates, guys on the job, emts, every man woman and child that calls the streets of NYC home. Your mother, you father, your sister, your auntie, even your granny. Yes fellas, thats why he fights for the cause, not because his list number is 9600.

Isn't it funny how the guy that loses is always the one that demands a recount.

And ya know what, maybe theres nothing wrong with that, but don't tell me he's doing it for me.

(FYI, Bam DJ never even posted in the 6019 thread and from the looks of it, he never even took it. So much for doing the right thing by 6019).
    why so bitter on here man?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    why so bitter on here man?
    We're all men here, lets tell it like it is. Not like it should be.

A lot of guys from the vulcan's to candidates on 2000 need to stop pointing the finger and begin pointing the thumb.

Thread Information