Like Tree9891Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

LOL yeah it didn't come out the way i wanted it to. I fixed it.

Forum Member

Would one of you military guys and/or guys on the job be able to shed some light on the deal with the reserves for me? I'm not actually certain how a candidate could know this, but if one is in the reserves and gets called to the academy; how does that work. I know that you are required one weekend a month of training and 2 weeks a year. I would imagine you would need to leave on a Friday for said training. And then obviously you're required by law to do that 2 weeks. What if the 2 weeks happens to fall during your hypothetical class? What I'm getting at, is it is probably a bad idea to sign up right now if you're relatively close yeah?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Can you turn your PMs on?
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    I just called CID about this. They said back to 2007. Not sure about photocopies or not, but I think its fine. Give them a call...
    When I was there, it seemed like they wanted originals. Especially the birth certificate, diploma, etc. To be safe, I would bring originals of whatever you can get your hands on.

Forum Member

from what i remember 0600 is reville, 0730 is start of work day so as long as your there for muster by 0730 saturday your ok, also taps is 2200 so depending on your command you could probly leave before 2200 on sunday nite. its just the two full days that need to be fulfilled. anyway if you are reserve talk to your command if you have a legit shot at making the academy they will sympathise (maybe) and let you do 6 months of drilling over the course of 1 month. kinda like front loading, as long as your not deploying or involved in any other evolution where it is necessary you report

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    from what i remember 0600 is reville, 0730 is start of work day so as long as your there for muster by 0730 saturday your ok, also taps is 2200 so depending on your command you could probly leave before 2200 on sunday nite. its just the two full days that need to be fulfilled. anyway if you are reserve talk to your command if you have a legit shot at making the academy they will sympathise (maybe) and let you do 6 months of drilling over the course of 1 month. kinda like front loading, as long as your not deploying or involved in any other evolution where it is necessary you report

Gotcha. So they MIGHT work with you. I have to be honest that it's tough to necessarily trust that. Also having to fulfill that one weekend a month alone is probably a horrible idea in terms of resting your body and doing homework...

Forum Member

i dont know about other branches but i know the cg does a program called sumer stock where ou pretty much go on active duty for the summer to a unit and then that fullfils the requirement for the year
    someone else may be abble to fill you in better on summerstock, iam told its used only at seasonal places during the summer months and shuts down afterward , i know station block island was one, since noone goes here in the winter and the school and living was rough on dependants they shut it down in the winter months, plus station montauk and air station cape cod are so close it was just a drain on the branch as well as its memebers...like being the hotel keeper in the shining
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-27-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Forum Member

someone else may be abble to fill you in better on summerstock, iam told its used only at seasonal places during the summer months and shuts down afterward , i know station block island was one, since noone goes here in the winter and the school and living was rough on dependants they shut it down in the summer months, plus station montauk and air station cape cod are so close it was just a drain on the branch as well as its memebers...like being the hotel keeper in the shining

Forum Member

[QUOTE=coldblood92;1359315]do they want everyone's W2s from the last 5 years or just military peoples[/QUOTE

it dosent say anything about past w-2s, unless you claim residency. then they want 2010 and 2011 or the equivalent for example i did real estate sales and do not get a w-2 i get a 1099. since i dont recieve a salary
    other than the 2x2 photo i think is a very similiar list,
    Last edited by myles8683; 02-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=myles8683;1359330]
    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    do they want everyone's W2s from the last 5 years or just military peoples[/QUOTE

it dosent say anything about past w-2s, unless you claim residency. then they want 2010 and 2011 or the equivalent for example i did real estate sales and do not get a w-2 i get a 1099. since i dont recieve a salary
    other than the 2x2 photo i think is a very similiar list,
    See i know im gonna be ****ting a giant ****ing brick when it is my turn to do this is 6 months and Im trying to get as much of it out of the way now

I already picked up my w2 from 2011 and 2010 for residency. But guys on here saying they need as far back as 2007 and im ike UGHHHHH

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Would one of you military guys and/or guys on the job be able to shed some light on the deal with the reserves for me? I'm not actually certain how a candidate could know this, but if one is in the reserves and gets called to the academy; how does that work. I know that you are required one weekend a month of training and 2 weeks a year. I would imagine you would need to leave on a Friday for said training. And then obviously you're required by law to do that 2 weeks. What if the 2 weeks happens to fall during your hypothetical class? What I'm getting at, is it is probably a bad idea to sign up right now if you're relatively close yeah?
    I am not on the job obviously, but what I did in preperation for this next academy is request a substitution for drill days (SUTA). I am actually still waiting on approval, but I have essentially rounded up the rest of the years drill time and spaced it out between now and early July. Check with your command and see if they what they say. And if you dont make it into this academy, you can ask for another SUTA for when your likely to.
    Keep in mind, your command will most likely require you to make those days up during the week. The dates you pick to do your drill should be dates that you have nothing going on. I know CPAT is supposed to be Mid April-MAy 18th, so I wont be drilling on any of those dates.
    And lastly, you can always just request to be excused from drill all together (Same form, SUTA). I know someone who did this for Corrections. Me personally, I wanted this year to count towards retirement!!

And yes, If you expect to be in this Summers academy, I would hold off until after your Proby time before entering the reserves. The military will always be there. FDNY is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thats the way I look at it anyway...Hope this helped, if not PM me.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

[QUOTE=coldblood92;1359333]
    Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post

See i know im gonna be ****ting a giant ****ing brick when it is my turn to do this is 6 months and Im trying to get as much of it out of the way now

I already picked up my w2 from 2011 and 2010 for residency. But guys on here saying they need as far back as 2007 and im ike UGHHHHH
    I Just called CID again. The woman that answered now had no idea what I was talking about. She said when you meet with your investigator, that they will give you something else to work with and that you will need to bring in a detailed earnings statement from Social Security, not a print out of your W2's.

So I was f***ed up. Sorry all.
    My policy is, I am just waiting for my investigation meeting before I do anything else!
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

MembersZone Subscriber

I Just called CID again. The woman that answered now had no idea what I was talking about. She said when you meet with your investigator, that they will give you something else to work with and that you will need to bring in a detailed earnings statement from Social Security, not a print out of your W2's.

My policy is, I am just waiting for my investigation meeting before I do anything else!

You can get your earnings statement online on social security website, I just had to do it for something else. Or you can go to your local office and they will mail it to you but it is the exact same thing that you can download.
    Dannypanigale and Ext. 17 like this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Can you turn your PMs on?
    I just called CID about this. They said back to 2007. Not sure about photocopies or not, but I think its fine. Give them a call...
    You can get your earnings statement online on social security website, I just had to do it for something else. Or you can go to your local office and they will mail it to you but it is the exact same thing that you can download.
    You can go to their office and get a print out right there, for 5 years, it's $21 (money order) only. And, yes you are gonna need the SS printout, that's something I have to bring to him since I didn't have it. But you also need w2 for residency credit....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You can go to their office and get a print out right there, for 5 years, it's $21 (money order) only. And, yes you are gonna need the SS printout, that's something I have to bring to him since I didn't have it. But you also need w2 for residency credit....
    did you have your W2's going back 5 years? I am wondering if you need both, or either will suffice.

Forum Member

No news or good rumors for the guys 750+ on the list? ****ing **** SUCKS

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Ext. 17;1359341]

Sorry my ignorance but what's exactly is a detailed earning statement from social security?

Forum Member

Anyone know if the High school diploma is necessary if I bring a college transcript? I can't seem to find my High school diploma.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry my ignorance but what's exactly is a detailed earning statement from social security?
    It's basically a piece of paper that lists what you made for each year you have paid into social security.
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Anyone know if the High school diploma is necessary if I bring a college transcript? I can't seem to find my High school diploma.
    Have to have a high school diploma, high school transcripts or GED even if you have college.
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

[QUOTE=zachryw2001;1359360]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post

It's basically a piece of paper that lists what you made for each year you have paid into social security.
    Thanks ... I didn't get to read the rest of post before posting mines. I'm heading to the social security website now!

Forum Member

The military lost mine when I had initially processed down at MEPS and I just called up my high school and they will either mail to you or you can pick up a sealed envelope with school stamp on it and as long as its sealed when you give it to them they will take that as your diploma.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Dannypanigale;1359363]

Thanks ... I didn't get to read the rest of post before posting mines. I'm heading to the social security website now!
    The website did not work for me, I just went to the office, remember, bring money order!
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What if you get a hamstring cramp?
    This is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    yea yesterday i ran the 1.5 mile in 12:44 on the treadmill. and today i did it in 13:03. i use the nike running app on my phone but i dont know if its accurate, when the app say i completed the 1.5 mile, the treadmill shows that i only ran 1.3 or so... does anyone know of the most accurate to time and calculate the exact distance? Im in the hi 700's so im preparing to start processing during the end of the summer for the next january class hopefully.thanks guys
    Get off the treadmill and get outside. Use runkeeper or some similar program.
    ffbam24, zachryw2001 and Jukez like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

I had the same problem. I called the guidance office and they had a statement ready for me to pick up the next day attesting to my having graduated with a board of ed imprinted seal on it. Call your school tomorrow they may be able to do the same for you.

Forum Member

Was at the academy today for CPAT training and even was lucky enough to partially witness one of the fire drills in a smoking building, it was sick. But its harder than I expected, especially with the vest on and if you have feet over size 10, your gonna have a problem with your toes getting crunched in the stepmill but cardio cardio and more cardio, and youll be fine goodluck
    dawk34 likes this.

Thread Information