Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just went back and talked to someone else and you are correct. There is an earnings statement (online) and a detailed earnings statement (have to pay for).

Also just called CID they want the Detailed Earnings Statement.
    Were you guys able to get the detailed earnings statement from the ss office? I went to my closest ss office today and tried to get a copy of the statement. They said they dont do that anymore and i needed to go online, set me up an account and print it from there. I did that but it doesnt look very detailed and i didnt have to pay any fees. Did you guys mail that form to the ss office?

Forum Member

@ManhattanMedic , It's awkward since the stairs move slow and I literally need to watch every step, so I don't get my toes crushed every time, and if I move back a little and stand on my toes, it's 100% calves. But how do I get a "notarized" explanation of all my arrests? I figure I can just type it up and bring it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    What about someone who's only worked part time jobs and has been a full time student?
    If you lived at home with your parents at any point after highschool you will need a notarized letter from your mom or dad stating that you live with them and that they supported you during whatever the time frame was. That's what I had to do despite the fact that I was working
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

ran a 1.5 mile in 9 flat earlier today haven't ran in over 3 months my previous best was around 11 mins I haven't bn running but I've bn doing crossfit hard about 4-5x a week never felt stronger or faster its not a gimmick and ignore all the nay Sayers **** is real. Also those concerned about losing strength my squat deadlift bench shoulder press have all improved and I've introduced Olympic lifting such as snatches and jerks which are amazing.... So if anyone is ****tin a brick right now about the cpat or the run and your pressed for time to get in shape CROSSFIT
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    ran a 1.5 mile in 9 flat earlier today haven't ran in over 3 months my previous best was around 11 mins I haven't bn running but I've bn doing crossfit hard about 4-5x a week never felt stronger or faster its not a gimmick and ignore all the nay Sayers **** is real. Also those concerned about losing strength my squat deadlift bench shoulder press have all improved and I've introduced Olympic lifting such as snatches and jerks which are amazing.... So if anyone is ****tin a brick right now about the cpat or the run and your pressed for time to get in shape CROSSFIT
    That's really awesome, and I def agree about CF. That said, if you really haven't run in 3 months, and your first time out you chop 2 minutes from your 1.5 mile time and ran 6 minute mile pace for 9 minutes, you're BEGGING for an injury. I'd suggest moderation. Just because your cardio has improved enough for you to run that time doesn't mean that you aren't abusing the hell out of leg muscles you haven't used for months.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    @ManhattanMedic , It's awkward since the stairs move slow and I literally need to watch every step, so I don't get my toes crushed every time, and if I move back a little and stand on my toes, it's 100% calves. But how do I get a "notarized" explanation of all my arrests? I figure I can just type it up and bring it
    I suppose either your toes will get crunched or your calves will get stronger. Maybe both!

I can't say I know much about notarized explanations of anything, but the key word there is notary. Whatever you come up with will have to be taken to a notary, who will stamp/sign it saying that you swear that the information in the letter is truthful.

Forum Member

I remember thinking what an inconvenience it was bringing my lease agreement to a notary and that my landlord was paranoid. Now Iam soooo glad I did because that notary date and stamp being within in the resident time period is so helpful plus most bank branches have notaries present and is free if that's where your accounts are
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Just an article about how Chief Justice Roberts seems to be working towards ending affirmative action once and for all. If the supreme court does this it'll all roll down hill and I doubt you'll ever hear the words disparate impact again.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/28/opinio...act/index.html
    vekdoggs75 and OAK like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

When proving residency, are previous statements from banks, credit cards, utilities, downloaded online and printed out acceptable? I save everything but I don't have original invoices from 7/1/10 to 6/30/11

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe smith View Post
    When proving residency, are previous statements from banks, credit cards, utilities, downloaded online and printed out acceptable? I save everything but I don't have original invoices from 7/1/10 to 6/30/11
    Just call and order them through customer service (there might be a fee). online banking usually only keeps statements from 10-12 months prior to current date.

Forum Member

I called the providers directly (Sprint,TD Bank and ECT.) and asked for archived records, some charge a fee for anything past 24 months.
    Exam# 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm just glad I don't have to prove residency. Seems like its kinda a pain in the rear.
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 03-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

I'm just glad I don't have to prove residency. Seems like its kinda a pain in the rear.
    Yep, Imagine the people who claimed it and are not residents.

Forum Member

Hey Zach, not to pry but I was just curious. 107 is a pretty amazing score to get without residency. Also, you say your list number is "7X" but if you look at the exam list numbers from 70-79 every one of those people claimed residency credit. Again, don't mean to get to intrude, I was just wondering if I'm missing something.
    List # 12XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey Zach, not to pry but I was just curious. 107 is a pretty amazing score to get without residency. Also, you say your list number is "7X" but if you look at the exam list numbers from 70-79 every one of those people claimed residency credit. Again, don't mean to get to intrude, I was just wondering if I'm missing something.
    I actually have a 7x.5 They messed up my veterans points then when they corrected it they put me between two numbers with the .5
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

So do you get one on one time with your investigator? Or do you just submit all paperwork?

Forum Member

I actually have a 7x.5 They messed up my veterans points then when they corrected it they put me between two numbers with the .5
    @zachryw2001, you mentioned you were out of state, turn on your PM's I sent you a message.
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    @zachryw2001, you mentioned you were out of state, turn on your PM's I sent you a message.
    K checking now
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

for the residency, do they want the whole statement or just the first page that shows your name & address?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    So do you get one on one time with your investigator? Or do you just submit all paperwork?
    One on one....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    One on one....
    Cool thanks I better get my suit dry cleaned and grab my shine box
    zachryw2001 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Cool thanks I better get my suit dry cleaned and grab my shine box
    What day is your intake appt?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Yep, Imagine the people who claimed it and are not residents.
    That's what they get for trying to cheat the system, but on the good side better for people further down the list.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

For residency points they don't accept stuff you printed ? I do majority of my bills online so I don't even get anything mailed to me.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Did someone answer that question regarding the whole statement vs just 1st page with address and date I have both but it's the difference of 100 or so pages. Just curious

Thread Information