Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 227277317324325326327328329330337377427827 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 23841
Like Tree9325Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Nope, not bummed at all because I actually know an EMT in the academy right now. Good to know we don't have pay for the issued gear (at least right away) unlike the NYPD. Although its entirely possible it was already deducted from their first paycheck already. They are already doing hands on stuff... He's studying all the material from the books this weekend. He has to learn to make several type of knots like the bowline, half hitches, clove hitch etc. They already repelled off a 6 story building. He said they about to go and do fire fighting simulations already. They spend the majority time outside in the sub freezing temps... I can only imagine how much that sucks. 18 people have already been dropped and it's not even February yet.

They don't ease you into things. It's intense, get mentally prepared to enter a world of suck and expect to be worked hard from day one.

18!?! Wow...
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

I keep telling myself that I'm gonna start practicing those standard knots that are used in the fire service before my shot comes along. Gotta get on that.
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

The lack of response from members currently at The Rock is certainly due to the fact that PFS has taken over their lives. Seriously. I remember waking up at 4am, everyday (and I live close!!!) I had the coffee maker set, a bottle of water ready to go and I'd always hardboil a dozen eggs on Sunday night to have for the week. You'll get home from the early session between 5 and 7, depending on how far you live and then you'll have just enough time to read, eat, do laundry, iron your shirt and get your bag packed for the next day....then pass out by around 8:30 or 9. When you raise your hand and swear in, life as you know it is over.

This is all a good thing. These guys are working hard and when the routine sets in a little, they might have some time to pop in here and give us all some updates. Until then, understand that life got really different and really busy FAST!
    ffbam24, My1Goal, mocon337 and 1 others like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I keep telling myself that I'm gonna start practicing those standard knots that are used in the fire service before my shot comes along. Gotta get on that.
    I'm right with you on that. The more you already know the less stuff you have to inject in your brain during those 18 weeks.
    mannyjay likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Seriously. I remember waking up at 4am, everyday (and I live close!!!) I had the coffee maker set, a bottle of water ready to go and I'd always hardboil a dozen eggs on Sunday night to have for the week. You'll get home from the early session between 5 and 7, depending on how far you live and then you'll have just enough time to read, eat, do laundry, iron your shirt and get your bag packed for the next day....then pass out by around 8:30 or 9. When you raise your hand and swear in, life as you know it is over.
    Do they split the class between the early session and the late session? Or does the entire class do 6-4 or 8-6 depending on the day?

That 6-4 must be brutal if you have a long commute. It might be worth it just to rent a room close by and give yourself the extra time to study/prepare for the next day.

Forum Member

To all the jabronies on here complaining. Shut the f*ck up, put on your running shoes, and hit the pavement. Maybe when you get back there will be a package waiting for you.
    I3akdraf, frankp88 and mannyjay like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    To all the jabronies on here complaining. Shut the f*ck up, put on your running shoes, and hit the pavement. Maybe when you get back there will be a package waiting for you.
    We almost had 2 full pages of friendliness guys lol
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Default Hey all

Hey All,

Has anyone that took 2000 received anything other than their test score. Physical info or anything?

Forum Member

Default fd academy

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Do they split the class between the early session and the late session? Or does the entire class do 6-4 or 8-6 depending on the day?

That 6-4 must be brutal if you have a long commute. It might be worth it just to rent a room close by and give yourself the extra time to study/prepare for the next day.
    the shifts while at the academy are 10 hour days and 50 hours a week? Is that right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    the shifts while at the academy are 10 hour days and 50 hours a week? Is that right?
    I thought that's what someone mentioned previously, but that could just be for the people that are on remedial PT? I'm not sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Its something like 7-4 and 8:50 to 5:50. However.....what have we learned so far? On time is late! If they say 7, that means it starts at 7, but expect to be with your squad, ready and studying or whatever at 6.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Nope, not bummed at all because I actually know an EMT in the academy right now. Good to know we don't have pay for the issued gear (at least right away) unlike the NYPD. Although its entirely possible it was already deducted from their first paycheck already. They are already doing hands on stuff... He's studying all the material from the books this weekend. He has to learn to make several type of knots like the bowline, half hitches, clove hitch etc. They already repelled off a 6 story building. He said they about to go and do fire fighting simulations already. They spend the majority time outside in the sub freezing temps... I can only imagine how much that sucks. 18 people have already been dropped and it's not even February yet.

They don't ease you into things. It's intense, get mentally prepared to enter a world of suck and expect to be worked hard from day one.
    18 drops is very inaccurate, I don't know if you really got this number from your "friend" in the academy but if you did I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know anything since they so busy training. The number of official drops is still in the single digits, don't come here giving inaccurate information because it can be poisonous to the forum members.

CORRECTION : 3 more dropped today. So you can add those to my previous count.
    Last edited by Jukez; 01-28-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post

CORRECTION : 3 more dropped today. So you can add those to my previous count.
    reason(s)?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    reason(s)?
    I Can't say exactly why, just know that some drops don't necessarily have to be because of lack of physical fitness.

Forum Member

I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, donít deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They canít even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who canít make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?

And if they didn't get dropped based the phscially aspect of the training, more than likey it is from the psychological, l which is worse. .
    Last edited by almostthere; 01-28-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, don’t deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They can’t even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who can’t make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?

sooo......involved in any lawsuits lately?

Forum Member

I am sure the guys that are getting dropped were the ones complaining and stating that the fire candidates involved in the lawsuit are incompetent, don’t deserve or have a chances at being a successful firefighter etc. lol They can’t even make it through the camp. For the ones that are currently fire fighters on here, what are your taking on the ones who can’t make it through the camp? Would you want a drop candidate or a candidate who is involved in the lawsuit who will make it through the camp to work by your side?
    Oh man, you are not gonna find a lot of friends on this forum buddy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I remember when I was a little kid, this counselor was a real jerk and I couldn't make it through camp.

Be nice, almostthere...

Forum Member

And if they didn't get dropped based the phscially aspect of the training, more than likey it is from the psychological, l which is worse. .
    I wouldn't be surprised if you were involved in the lawsuit, your poor grammar gives it away.

Forum Member

You know...that awkward feeling you get, when at a party and someone shows up thats not really liked by alot people at said party and the music just stops...yeah sord of like that right now. Sooooooo umm any word on those packets??..lol
    Last edited by Gheech; 01-28-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed

Thread Information