Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 229279319326327328329330331332339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 24131
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    No sir, shame on you!

Stop buying the Vulcan Society's racist rhetoric. We need to all put the race card back in our pockets and treat everyone the same, which is how the hiring process has been for decades!

This isn't children's T-Ball, not everyone gets a trophy. This is the real deal, there are winners and losers. Sorry you had to fall into the latter category, but you had the same opportunity that all of us had.
    Better yet. We need to throw out the whole race card out with the trash.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    has anyone completed both the NYPD academy and the FDNY academy? Which did you find harder?
    I have friends in NYPD and Corrections

They have the lowest physical standards known to man. NYPD might be slightly higher than correction standards. FDNY being the "creme de la creme" in terms of physical fitness.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #17XX

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I agree the ones who passed but didn’t score high enough to be hired are on them. I speak for the ones that scored just as high as you and others but were not chosen. I also speak for the ones who have a second chance and are going to take advantage of this opportunity. Too a certain extent I agree with you guys argument but am dumfounded by the comments in here. You guys are really showing your anger in a negative way. You guys are pretty much stating that we are incompetent, that we are going to lower the standards within the fire department, that you guys have no desire to work side by side with us. Lol Come on, what makes you a better fire fighter that I or anyone else who has a second chances of becoming one. Better yet, let me re phrase it since I sound like an egotistical person with all the I’s, in this forum. What makes you think I will not be successful working side by side with you while given my all to help, protect and treat you as a family member. Not just me but anyone who has a second chance of providing their services to the community, etc.
    You had your chance. Riding the coattails of a lawsuit is not the way to try and make up for losing out.

It is a sad fact of life. You try and sometimes fail.

And here is the important part: You move on.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 01-28-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Yes, all us veterans that are at the top of the list should be moved to the bottom because we were all lying...
    No I said "(not all)" obviously I am not stupid enough to say anything about veterans and Legacy etc with a straight face nor would want to do so.
    Unless we all take a statistics class together and have serious transparency, it would be hard to articulate. I think FFBAM made it pretty clear as did FDsouthBX.
    Some people will make it to the top no matter what, deservingly, because they had the skill , but some got screwed out of a few points by not being familiar with last section, which was kept a secret to some to blunt cognitive skills by the vulcans and PSI. A few points went a long way and SOME results are blurred. Right under the vets and very top scorers people were screwed using statical shenanigans. I find it hard to believe you really thought I was referring to vets or legacy or EMS or deserving people in general, but point noted.

It is what it is, hopefully in a few years I will have a fair chance prove my self. Good luck you and the rest of the Veterans ,EMS, legacy and every one else at the very top, because you obviously did well and deserved your score. Some scored badly on the first sections and the last sections put them above some and thats what we find to be the problem. I am repeating myself and rambling now, so I will just wait it out as plenty of info is surfacing on this forum.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-29-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    has anyone completed both the NYPD academy and the FDNY academy? Which did you find harder?
    I completed the NYPD academy and hope to complete the FDNY academy in the very near future one thing I can say is that the forums regarding both are equally as amusing w clowns and misinformation. People on forums said it was this it was that you really gotta see how it is for yourself but noone should enter being out o shape or not mentally ready. The NYPD academy is less intense physically that's the only major difference I know for sure... Hardest prt for me was waking up and staying awake. Bottom line just like the fdny academy I imagine the majority of the ppl dropping the first month that's how it was for us. It's a lifestyle change that many people realize after a short time is not a lifestyle they want or they get intimidated by a para military organization as someone w zero military experience I actually preferred the take no shi$ mindset from supv and no excuses as a recruit or a probie. Now I'm just rambling I don't post much but I read everything that's probably why
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Way to go guy claiming the race card who helped the city make the most easiest test to man after 2002, who also now shows we cannot have transperancy. Without you're imput we'd have merit on the job. Slow clap for you sir, slow clap.

Considering all the efforts both the department and city have done for minority recruitment, nothing is more upsetting than seeing comments like this that are both uninformed and lacking any logical thought. Remember that it is DCAS a predominantly black organization that runs hiring for the FDNY and to think they would want to keep their own out? Remember the 1970's with their quotas, the 80's with the Vulcans issues supplying insider info, the 90's with 2million spent on minority recruiting, 9/11 with the biggest hiring pool in history, 2000 with the subtraction of outside CFR-D training, and now with the demise of merit testing and the promotion of points.

But it all points to a conspiracy to keep blacks and hispanics off the job. Maybe, just maybe they don't want it in the first place, or maybe just maybe, they didn't have high enough scores in a competitive environment to get on? Truly the race card is the easiet to play, and sadly only works for a few considering that Asian, Arabs, South Asians, Native Americans, and Eskimos are more underrepresented at city government levels.
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 01-29-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Way to go guy claiming the race card who helped the city make the most easiest test to man after 2002, who also now shows we cannot have transparence. Without you're imput we'd have merit on the job. Slow clap for you sir, slow clap.

Considering all the efforts both the department and city have done for minority recruitment, nothing is more upsetting than seeing comments like this that are both uninformed and lacking any logical thought. Remember that it is DCAS a predominantly black organization that runs hiring for the FDNY and to think they would want to keep their own out? Remember the 1970's with their quotas, the 80's with the Vulcans issues supplying insider info, the 90's with 2million spent on minority recruiting, 9/11 with the biggest hiring pool in history, 2000 with the subtraction of outside CFR-D training, and now with the demise of merit testing and the promotion of points.

But it all points to a conspiracy to keep blacks and hispanics off the job. Maybe, just maybe they don't want it in the first place, or maybe just maybe, they didn't have high enough scores in a competitive environment to get on? Truly the race card is the easiet to play, and sadly only works for a few considering that Asian, Arabs, South Asians, Native Americans, and Eskimos are more underrepresented at city government levels.
    Easiest test known to man and you can't make it within hiring range....smh
    GIMMEFIRE600 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    No Grok, if your going to quote the man, at least quote the man correctly. It was the "MOST EASIEST test."
    mocon337 and grok350 like this.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXbAJjMxM
    grok350 likes this.
    20xx

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    No Grok, if your going to quote the man, at least quote the man correctly. It was the "MOST EASIEST test."
    Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to STFU.
    You aren't seeing the big picture here at all.
    And when a guy fights your fight for you, you can only pick out he didn't score high enough to be hired.
    So pick up DJ's torch and make things right rather than be the g-d frakking skells you are showing yourselves to be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to STFU.
    You aren't seeing the big picture here at all.
    And when a guy fights your fight for you, you can only pick out he didn't score high enough to be hired.
    So pick up DJ's torch and make things right rather than be the g-d frakking skells you are showing yourselves to be.
    I really appreciate your IMPUT bam. I will do my best to make the situation MORE BETTER.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

This thread is getting out of hand. We losing focus on what the thread is meant for.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the 2500 guys had to take the psych exam? I'm asking because i'm curious if they are going to compare the way you answer the psych questions with the way you answered the questions on the personality part of the exam.
    20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    This thread is getting out of hand. We losing focus on what the thread is meant for.

agree 100%. This thread is turning to sh.it. If we're supposed to pick up where the 2043 and 6019's threads left off and help each other out/pass along info, with the way things are going who wants to do that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2500 guys had to take the psych exam? I'm asking because i'm curious if they are going to compare the way you answer the psych questions with the way you answered the questions on the personality part of the exam.
    That's the sense I'm getting dude. But then again who knows. The personality part of the test should only have been to serve that purpose, being used later on the in the process to sort out bs. But that's not the feeling I'm getting.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    agree 100%. This thread is turning to sh.it. If we're supposed to pick up where the 2043 and 6019's threads left off and help each other out/pass along info, with the way things are going who wants to do that?
    Bam said it best:

"It is a sad fact of life. You try and sometimes fail.

And here is the important part: You move on. "

Not only does this apply to almostthere, but DJReverse and brooklynborn should heed bam's advice as well and move on so we can keep this forum an informative one.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Bam said it best:

Not only does this apply to almostthere, but DJReverse and brooklynborn should heed bam's advice as well and move on so we can keep this forum an informative one.
    Thats true, but there really nothing wrong with wanting a little transparency if you do fail, especially with all the bs surrounding this exam.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    20xx

Forum Member

Bam said it best:

What do you need an informative forum for? You know everything. How about you heed Bams advice and STFU. What's 100% right here is that a lot of people are looking out for the process and the inclusion of merit. You are looking out for YOU.

I don't recall you answering the invite to the merit matters meeting and the ability for you to share your views with the group, you know, in person.

Now, on to important things.....

I do not believe that the exam 2500 candidates and to take the psych. Remember, they were FDNY employees already. What I can tell you is that they most CERTAINLY do not compare any answers with the exam you already took. That exam and the psych serve two completely different purposes.
    ffbam24 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard or read anything about the priority hire # being higher than the original 293?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Has anyone heard or read anything about the priority hire # being higher than the original 293?
    No. Are you thinking of the list of "candidates" they have to go through to get 293 hires? That number is around 600.

Thread Information