Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 230280320327328329330331332333340380430830 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 23119
Like Tree9073Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Thats true, but there really nothing wrong with wanting a little transparency if you do fail, especially with all the bs surrounding this exam.
    Exactly, especially considering and scary enough, that this might be future promotional exams.

Bam and southbronx, honestly after reading through the 6019 thread, GIMMEFIRE is one of the ones who if not for the age extension would be out of luck. The reason for the hate is the fear I give him in that we may very well have a case. If so then that may mean more waiting, for anyone especially 6019 candidates that sucks, but also if it means better tests and a clear process from start to finish all candidates should be for it.

I always ask for an answer key after every test I take to be a better candidates and all except this one were kind enough to supply it. Looking at my faults also proves that people can only insult me to have an argument meaning they have no argument. Really I could care less and even better should of not even told this forum and just came up with a lawsuit out of nowhere, but the problem is we are ALL in this together and me secluding information from US would mean a I Got MINE or I'm looking out for ME something I could never do as my unselfishness is what drove me to a fire career in the first place.

Personally grok and GIMMEFIRE I invite you to the merit matters meeting as I would like to speak with you as the aninimity of the internet is your friend, hell even better I'm going to leave my number on the forum and you can directly call me if you'd like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Exactly, especially considering and scary enough, that this might be future promotional exams.

Bam and southbronx, honestly after reading through the 6019 thread, GIMMEFIRE is one of the ones who if not for the age extension would be out of luck. The reason for the hate is the fear I give him in that we may very well have a case. If so then that may mean more waiting, for anyone especially 6019 candidates that sucks, but also if it means better tests and a clear process from start to finish all candidates should be for it.

I always ask for an answer key after every test I take to be a better candidates and all except this one were kind enough to supply it. Looking at my faults also proves that people can only insult me to have an argument meaning they have no argument. Really I could care less and even better should of not even told this forum and just came up with a lawsuit out of nowhere, but the problem is we are ALL in this together and me secluding information from US would mean a I Got MINE or I'm looking out for ME something I could never do as my unselfishness is what drove me to a fire career in the first place.

Personally grok and GIMMEFIRE I invite you to the merit matters meeting as I would like to speak with you as the aninimity of the internet is your friend, hell even better I'm going to leave my number on the forum and you can directly call me if you'd like.
    I agree with you 100 percent in wanting to see the answer key they came up with just to see where you did poor on, But please don't talk about making "Better tests" when you haven't taken previous FDNy entry exams. The only people who I would consider listening to their points of view is guys like myself who scored in the top 2000 and finished their whole process back in 08'. Now guys like that who weren't able to score high on exam 2000 have plenty to say about making the test "Better". you wouldn't know what a good test or a bad test is if you only taken ONE. And yes exam 2000 was a crappy test.
    Last edited by Jukez; 01-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post

I would go but I'm busy training for the next oc class. You're just like the priority guys you hate, you scored too low to get hired and instead of crying racism its transparency or answer key. Just "move on", why go to a merit matters meeting, you're not otj and won't be for atleast another 4yrs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I agree with you 100 percent in wanting to see the answer key they came up with just to see where you did poor on, But please don't talk about making "Better tests" when you haven't taken previous FDNy entry exams. The only people who I would consider listening to their points of view is guys like myself who scored in the top 2000 and finished their whole process back in 08'. Now guys like that who weren't able to score high on exam 2000 have plenty to say about making the test "Better". you wouldn't know what a good test or a bad test is if you only taken ONE. And yes exam 2000 was a crappy test.
    I'm going to borrow a line from an exam 6019 candidate, I took many tests to prepare for the FDNY. The best part is I'm 2 for 3 on hiring range for those tests. By the way a lot of those guys who did not do so well on this exam but were going to be hired off of 6019 are some of the best supporters involving this test.

By the way any questions or concerns 631-830-1948. Also grok, it is open to all. The I'm training for the OC list is sort of a cop out, if you have time and effort you should make it.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    No. Are you thinking of the list of "candidates" they have to go through to get 293 hires? That number is around 600.
    This is what I was referring to - http://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/14832

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    So we're talking about the same thing. A few days ago someone who said he was a part of the group that took the exam quoted a number around 630 of the 745 scored well enough to be considered for hire.

That list of 745 (or 630?) is the pool of people that can make up, at maximum, 293 candidates for hire. I interpret it as their list was 745 names deep, once they either get their 293rd person to the academy, or exhaust the list (most likely this), then the priority hires are done.

Forum Member

So we're talking about the same thing. A few days ago someone who said he was a part of the group that took the exam quoted a number around 630 of the 745 scored well enough to be considered for hire.

That list of 745 (or 630?) is the pool of people that can make up, at maximum, 293 candidates for hire. I interpret it as their list was 745 names deep, once they either get their 293rd person to the academy, or exhaust the list (most likely this), then the priority hires are done.
    Ok the way I kept reading it is that the entire group of 745 is eligible now because of this special monitor bunch of jackoffs. Sorry but I just feel like every piece of news since '08 initially has to be bad news....I've become very pessimistic.

Forum Member

Pretty infuriating, but the 745 they are referring to I believe are just the people that took the test last month and out of that about 600 "passed" and can be drawn from till they hit 293 (which at a 1:4 ratio i doubt they'll get that far). I doubt that number will increase since the people would have to have taken the 2000 exam a couple weeks ago. Maybe the number increasing comment refers to the monetary damages.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Ok the way I kept reading it is that the entire group of 745 is eligible now because of this special monitor bunch of jackoffs. Sorry but I just feel like every piece of news since '08 initially has to be bad news....I've become very pessimistic.
    Ha! I'm right there with ya man. The only shred of good news we've had in the past 6 years has been the age extension. But with all that's happened we only need one peace of good news to turn the last 6 years around. The second circuit court overturning Garaufis and all his BS rulings.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Ha! I'm right there with ya man. The only shred of good news we've had in the past 6 years has been the age extension. But with all that's happened we only need one peace of good news to turn the last 6 years around. The second circuit court overturning Garaufis and all his BS rulings.
    Is there any sort of timetable for this ruling? If the city appeals the 293 hires I would assume that means they can't be hired until a decision on the appeal is made?

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I would go but I'm busy training for the next oc class.
    A class that at best won't be happening until the summertime.
    So you cannot afford two hours in February because of something that MIGHT happen in July?
    Everyone is welcome. Members from every fraternal organization, candidates, even the new probies.
    But you can't because you're "busy training" for something that might happen five months from now.

Why can't YOU go? You point out DJ won't be OTJ for "atleast another 4yrs". But you are in a hirable range and have an actual horse in this race. So why DON'T you show up?
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

12 drops as of right NOW. So 12 drops in 10.5 days not too shabby.

Forum Member

Is there any sort of timetable for this ruling? If the city appeals the 293 hires I would assume that means they can't be hired until a decision on the appeal is made?
    My friend google and I try to get to the bottom of this almost every day. I've even called down there to see if there's any kind of time table. Basically, we wont know when they are ruling till after they have already ruled, was what i was told and no one really knows when that will be.

Sadly, it looks like the city has no choice but to move on like they'll have to hire these clowns until they are told they don't. All the more reason for the second circuit to move swiftly.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

My friend google and I try to get to the bottom of this almost every day. I've even called down there to see if there's any kind of time table. Basically, we wont know when they are ruling till after they have already ruled, was what i was told and no one really knows when that will be.

Sadly, it looks like the city has no choice but to move on like they'll have to hire these clowns until they are told they don't. All the more reason for the second circuit to move swiftly.
    I had a bad feeling this would be the case. Thanks for the info.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Bloomberg's proposed budget is in, and of course, 20 fire companies are on the block again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1250346

Forum Member

All indications are that the second circuit will rule before summer, so I take that as sometime before June. It is possible that the city could pull a class together of more EMS promos. They could also proceed as it they'll end up hiring those 293 schleps.

Reality is that the second circuit will dismantle PART of the Garaufus ruling and there will be more legal wrangling to come. For better or for worse, this process is a long way from being over.

I know this sounds terrible, but it makes for better headlines than practical application. There are many legal road blocks to hiring felons, despite what this article says. CFR certifications is one. There won't be any hardened ex-cons standing next to you at the rock anytime soon. I wouldn't worry about this article too much.
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Bloomberg's proposed budget is in, and of course, 20 fire companies are on the block again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1250346

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdWPwVTWsI#t=1m00s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Ha, well played. Although when I think of Bloomy, a different song comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9Qye46Mrg
    roadrunner09 likes this.

Forum Member

Ha, well played. Although when I think of Bloomy, a different song comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9Qye46Mrg
    No way do they cut the houses right? I would think it would be political suicide for any of these council members to pass it the year before an election.

Thread Information