Like Tree10630Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    My motto is, It doesn't matter how you got on the job but what you do when you get on it. And when I get on it, my work ethic will speak volumes. With that being said, I am working my butt off now and will continue too do so until I get on the job and after. Furthermore, you can continue to shoot down every post I make, but you should be aware that it is motivating more to push myself in the gym and academically. So, keep up the good work buddy.
    Geez, it's an awful shame I wasn't around for the two previous tests you took; I might have been able to motivate you into studying hard enough to do well on them. Then the lawsuit wouldn't have been necessary at all.

Please be sure your "work ethic" that abandoned you when you needed it to study materializes when you are let (LET, not EARNED) on this job. Garaufis opened the door to a firehouse for you but the men within who care about this job will be put in jeopardy if your resolve suddenly fails you, like it has in the past.

Either way, stay the hell off this thread with your "do what you gotta do" crap; you FAILED to do so when you were supposed to, and these guys don't need your advice.

Ok, back to the ignore button for you. Guys looking to do the right thing instead of slithering on the job may have a question.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 03-05-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuoco83 View Post
    I was half expecting a superstar like you to reply with an assinine reply like this one. you don't know me, you don't know my life circumstances and commitments right now, and you never will because you're the kind of person that hides behind a forum and acts like a tough guy but would know better than make such comments in person because you'd get smacked in a heartbeat.

Are you a hired critic for the fitness academy at the Rock? Didn't think so. You focus on your training routine and I focus on mine. Good luck. Take questions for what they are and don't judge. This isn't your Dear Abby column to share your advice.

As for the others who replied with legit responses, i'll write back tomorrow. I just had to reply to this winner before getting to bed, though.
    Why are you and teufelhunden36 assume I am talking tough or acting tough on a message broad. My charater and personality is far from that. Like everyone else on this forum I am responding and/or making suggestions. I see you and Teufelhunden have anger issue because you guys continue to talk about physical abuse or dish out verbal assaults. Like other previous posters said, stop having excuses not to work out, just do it. And if my post offended you, you are a very weak person mentally, or you are just and emotional person.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why are you and teufelhunden36 assume I am talking tough or acting tough on a message broad. My charater and personality is far from that. Like everyone else on this forum I am responding and/or making suggestions. I see you and Teufelhunden have anger issue because you guys continue to talk about physical abuse or dish out verbal assaults. Like other previous posters said, stop having excuses not to work out, just do it. And if my post offended you, you are a very weak person mentally, or you are just and emotional person.
    You mistake offense for disgust. Deflection seems to be par for the course with you, but at least drop the tired "you're emotional" line. It makes no sense. If you manage to slither onto our job, you will find an entire job who is "emotional" and has "anger issues" at the thought of people who didn't earn this job getting it over people who did based on skin color. Better get used to it, because it's not gonna let it up. Nor should it, freeloader.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

I think it's safe to say that no one on here wants to hear what you have to say or values your opinion in the least. I guess people find it pretty arrogant that you would even have the nerve to speak, let alone give advice in the condescending manner in which you did. Your comment didn't even serve a purpose, it contained ZERO information.

Trolling.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Honestly I'm disgusted w the priority hires.... I don't have my packet yet because of them enough said... Gonna have to wait while the PHs waste more of the cities time and money especially when there droppin out of the rock like I change my socks
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Almost there

What's the deal with the PHs? You guys doing Medicals, physicals, what? And how is it going with them do you know?

I could care less for those answers so that I can insult or mock them in anyway I just want to know where they stand in the process so I know where I stand.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Almost there

What's the deal with the PHs? You guys doing Medicals, physicals, what? And how is it going with them do you know?

I could care less for those answers so that I can insult or mock them in anyway I just want to know where they stand in the process so I know where I stand.
    True - if you really want to help anyone on here, provide info pertaining to the status of the priority hires.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Honestly I'm disgusted w the priority hires.... I don't have my packet yet because of them enough said... Gonna have to wait while the PHs waste more of the cities time and money especially when there droppin out of the rock like I change my socks
    Look, I'm not here to defend PHs. But everyone needs to just deal with reality and stop being so reactionary in a way that, frankly, smacks of racism. I don't see anyone OTJ saying they'll quit because of the PH situation and anyone on the list saying they won't take the job because of the PH situation. And to the point, while we beat up on PHs for their academic and other deficiencies, it is *their" and not *there* and not a single PH is currently dropping out of the Rock, because not a single one of them is there (not *their*) yet. Let us move past it and deal with the situation at hand.
    mannyjay likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

double post.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-06-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Look, I'm not here to defend PHs. But everyone needs to just deal with reality and stop being so reactionary in a way that, frankly, smacks of racism. I don't see anyone OTJ saying they'll quit because of the PH situation and anyone on the list saying they won't take the job because of the PH situation. And to the point, while we beat up on PHs for their academic and other deficiencies, it is *their" and not *there* and not a single PH is currently dropping out of the Rock, because not a single one of them is there (not *their*) yet. Let us move past it and deal with the situation at hand.
    Possibly because it is racism...our disdain has not a thing to do with us being racist but the racist court rulings which are ultimately holding all of us oc candidates of all races back... Never was it mentioned that any of us no longer wanted the job it is that we want the job so bad and it is another political agenda holding us back. I would have no problem waiting for more qualified candidates passing me by but to have to wait because of someone who did not earn it. That's not racism that's called recognizing injustice and speaking out against it
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    How does it "smack" of racism? you shouldn't throw serious accusations like that out, especially when they make absolutely no sense.
    As for your grammar correction, I think its pretty childish to point that out. This isn't an english class, I really don't care if the poster used the correct There or not. I am trying not to be to harsh to you because you are regular poster, however every time I read your above post I get more and more ****ed off.
    You sound like judge Garifus.
    If you were giving this speech in person, a few hipsters who grew up outside of NYC would get up and clap and pat you on the back, it's pretty easy to throw out baseless nonsensical accusations, a lot harder to grow a set and tell the truth.

Explain how that is racism or retract your statement.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-06-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    True - if you really want to help anyone on here, provide info pertaining to the status of the priority hires.
    I agree. I believe everyone on here has clearly stated where they stand on this subject matter. I think the best way we can move forward from this is to gather as much information about the PH situation and plan our lives accordingly. Like Vekdogg said, if you want to contribute anything to this thread please give us an update. Unlike yourself, the other people on the OC list didn't get to cut the line so we have to base our lives around your situation (directed at almostthere). Do the right thing.
    vekdoggs75 and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How does it "smack" of racism? you shouldn't throw serious accusations like that out, especially when they make absolutely no sense.
    Look, I don't mean to offend. Really. But when we throw words around like "disgust" in reference to a situation as racialized as the PHs, yeah, it comes to mind. And more so when we attack the whole group of people with inaccurate statements like that they're dropping from the academy. It's pretty clear that journalists read our comments and will quote us on here should we provide them with the ammunition, and I think some unhelpful conversations happen from time to time. I dont want to add to that so I'll leave it at that. No need to comment further, and I do apologize if I offended anyone.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

almostthere, like a few other guys mentioned if you really want to add to the discussion here, and help us out...update us on your process, tell us what the city/dept is telling you. You're the only PH who posts here regularly, so if you're looking to provide info that no one else here can, that's the area. Otherwise, you may mean well, but it's obviously not being received the way you intend it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Soooo......how many stairmill training days are you guys doing? And who's going to cpat training tonight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Soooo......how many stairmill training days are you guys doing? And who's going to cpat training tonight?
    Here's what I do 2x a week and I think it's putting me in a position to make the 75lbs at the CPAT, and the 50 at the med feel like nothing:

4 minutes 75lbs - no touching the sides
    :20 "rest" to drop the weight down then back up
    2.5 minutes 50lbs - no touching the sides
    3.5 minutes 50 lbs - can touch the sides as needed
    :20 rest to drop the weight
    2.5 minutes 25lbs - no touching the sides
    5 minutes no weight, on level 8 touch the sides as needed
    last 2.5 minutes level 10 dont touch the sides

I'm working my way up on the time with 75lbs to try and make the medical exam as easy as possible, I'd like to get to around 6-7 minutes. Also the trick for the CPAT is to not be winded after the stepmill, if you aren't, the CPAT is pretty easy as long as you follow the instructions.

edit: everything with added weight is done at level 6. I thought about increasing the level to make it more difficult but I want to try & keep the tempo the same as it'll be for the CPAT/med
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 03-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Forum Member

Sooooo....that escalated quicly (Ron Burgundy's voice)...moving on to a different subject...anyone gotten any wicked cool FDNY tattoos?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Ideally I would like do the step mill at 3-4 times a week but lately I have been slacking so about twice a week. My gym has been packed since the new year and they only have 2 step mills so actually getting on the step mill takes a bit of luck. I've noticed more guys our age using the step mill, none with the vest. Typically my routine on the step mill is this, I have a 40 LBS vest, looking to upgrade soon but I wear the 40 pound vest put the speed at 65 steps per min and start off doing 4-8 minutes without holding on to the rails. How long I do it for just depends on how much energy I have that day. After that time I will hold on for a minute than go a minute or two not holding on. Then from there I will do a minute holding on and then a minute off until I get to 20 minutes.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Here's what I do 2x a week and I think it's putting me in a position to make the 75lbs at the CPAT, and the 50 at the med feel like nothing:

I'm working my way up on the time with 75lbs to try and make the medical exam as easy as possible, I'd like to get to around 6-7 minutes. Also the trick for the CPAT is to not be winded after the stepmill, if you aren't, the CPAT is pretty easy as long as you follow the instructions.

edit: everything with added weight is done at level 6. I thought about increasing the level to make it more difficult but I want to try & keep the tempo the same as it'll be for the CPAT/med
    Interesting workout, i do everything at lv 6 , except warmup which is lv5. I warmup for 3min then do 7min with 50lb. Then jump off remove weight and do 8-10min lv 6. Some days if i can't get to 7 if i stop at say 5, I'll rest then do the remaining 2min, but i never use the sides trying to get as used to testing situations as possible

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post

Interesting workout, i do everything at lv 6 , except warmup which is lv5. I warmup for 3min then do 7min with 50lb. Then jump off remove weight and do 8-10min lv 6. Some days if i can't get to 7 if i stop at say 5, I'll rest then do the remaining 2min, but i never use the sides trying to get as used to testing situations as possible

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Sooooo....that escalated quicly (Ron Burgundy's voice)...moving on to a different subject...anyone gotten any wicked cool FDNY tattoos?
    I have a firetruck on my lower back

Forum Member

I'm pretty much doing something similar. I'm increasing everything slowly so i don't get hurt, but 12 miles a week is where I'm at right now. I do need to do more stair mill though, right now its only twice a week. You're staying on for 10min straight? Right now im doing 7 straight then the vest comes off and i jump right back on for 10min
    Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. I actually live in a 7 story building in the city and I put a 50 lb dumbbell into an old backpack and run up the 7 flights about six times. I take the elevator down and run right back up. I haven't done ten minutes straight on a step ill but I've been counting the stepsmasni run and I've been getting like 85 steps per Knute at this point. I'm going to the Rock forum first practice session this week and that will give me a lot more clarity as to wha I need to do next. Good luck bro!

Ps: typed on an ipad so sorry for all the errors. Was in a rush!

Forum Member

If you want to get that extra 25lbs to get 75 I can't recommend the Bulgarian Training Bag enough. You can make it yourself for $20-$25 and it allows you to be flexible with your weights on the stepmill.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=HopefulFF;1359995]If you want to get that extra 25lbs to get 75 I can't recommend the Bulgarian Training Bag enough. You can make it yourself for $20-$25 and it allows you to be flexible with your wThaeights on the stepmill.[/QUOTE

Thanks my vest actually goes up to 86lbs I'm just only up to 50 right now. I want to start getting 3 stairmill days in each week to improve

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Oprah dressed in bunker gear tatted over my heart.
    List # 11xx

Thread Information