Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 231281321328329330331332333334341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 23927
Like Tree9374Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #6601
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    No way do they cut the houses right? I would think it would be political suicide for any of these council members to pass it the year before an election.
    You can never be too confident with something this important, but I would agree with you. The article only quoted mayoral hopefuls commenting on the teacher staffing cuts, but they were all vehemently against the cuts. I hope/think that'll be the same for the 20 houses.

    You would think not even 6 months after a major disaster this wouldn't even be a question, but we all know Bloomy's story by now.
    vekdoggs75 and nick0525 like this.


  2. #6602
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default Pm

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    I completed the NYPD academy and hope to complete the FDNY academy in the very near future one thing I can say is that the forums regarding both are equally as amusing w clowns and misinformation. People on forums said it was this it was that you really gotta see how it is for yourself but noone should enter being out o shape or not mentally ready. The NYPD academy is less intense physically that's the only major difference I know for sure... Hardest prt for me was waking up and staying awake. Bottom line just like the fdny academy I imagine the majority of the ppl dropping the first month that's how it was for us. It's a lifestyle change that many people realize after a short time is not a lifestyle they want or they get intimidated by a para military organization as someone w zero military experience I actually preferred the take no shi$ mindset from supv and no excuses as a recruit or a probie. Now I'm just rambling I don't post much but I read everything that's probably why
    Frank....turn your private messages on. PM me

  3. #6603
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Anyone running into motivation issues for working out? Mine is at an all time low and I'm super disappointed with it. Probably has a lot to do with all the bs going on knowing it could be a lot longer before I even get a letter in the mail, never mind a shot at the academy. It's infuriating.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  4. #6604
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone running into motivation issues for working out? Mine is at an all time low and I'm super disappointed with it. Probably has a lot to do with all the bs going on knowing it could be a lot longer before I even get a letter in the mail, never mind a shot at the academy. It's infuriating.
    Not here at all. I actually love working out lol. It's more like a hobby to me.

  5. #6605
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Not here at all. I actually love working out lol. It's more like a hobby to me.
    Was for me last month. Since I got over the flu it f*cking sucks. -_-
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  6. #6606
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Was for me last month. Since I got over the flu it f*cking sucks. -_-
    Imagine catching the flu while in the academy ( which I'm sure a lot of people do). I get too damn weak when I have the flu, that must be the worst experience to go through.

  7. #6607
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    check this though. it helps if you're feeling a little down on motivation.

    http://whatevertheroute.files.wordpr...ne-busier.jpeg
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  8. #6608
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Where you from and what gym you go to ? Maybe a gym partner can motivate you ...

  9. #6609
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone running into motivation issues for working out? Mine is at an all time low and I'm super disappointed with it. Probably has a lot to do with all the bs going on knowing it could be a lot longer before I even get a letter in the mail, never mind a shot at the academy. It's infuriating.
    Where you from and what gym you go to ? Maybe a gym partner can motivate you ...

  10. #6610
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Where you from and what gym you go to ? Maybe a gym partner can motivate you ...
    I go to the Y in GP/Williamsburg. The squat rack is always taken up by jabronies just hanging out which is also a huge pain in the *** when after a long day you just wanna bust out your lift and run. The only reasons I go are for that, the bench, and the step machine. Running/pullups/pushups can be done anywhere. But yea I agree I usually lift with a friend but he's away at school.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  11. #6611
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I go to the Y in GP/Williamsburg. The squat rack is always taken up by jabronies just hanging out which is also a huge pain in the *** when after a long day you just wanna bust out your lift and run. The only reasons I go are for that, the bench, and the step machine. Running/pullups/pushups can be done anywhere. But yea I agree I usually lift with a friend but he's away at school.
    Yea I know the feeling ... I work over night so it's hard to get a partner also

  12. #6612
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I can't remember who asked about knots a few posts back but that's actually a good idea, some of those knots can be a pain to do fast. Practice the bowline and Beckett knots and when to use em if you want a jump. They are tied pretty similar. The rest of the standard knots you need in Fire 1 are pretty simple. Practice with thick gloves on too doing them barehanded doesn't count.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  13. #6613
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I can't remember who asked about knots a few posts back but that's actually a good idea, some of those knots can be a pain to do fast. Practice the bowline and Beckett knots and when to use em if you want a jump. They are tied pretty similar. The rest of the standard knots you need in Fire 1 are pretty simple. Practice with thick gloves on too doing them barehanded doesn't count.
    Yeah that was me. How thick should the rope generally be? Nylon yeah?

  14. #6614
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seaford, NY
    Posts
    34

    Thumbs up Start Training Now

    If you're on FDNY list 2000, you have no choice but to be motivated. You made it this far and should be ecstatic about that. The bottom line, you've got to be ready for the CPAT, medical, and fire academy (class is in session, and hasn't gotten easier). Train now, period. But don't waste your time on the wrong training. Dragging a 165 pound dummy, and climbing a step mill with 75 pounds takes a special kind of fitness. Learn how to train, save yourself time, and grief later.
    My FDNY / CPAT prep gym is Seaford, on Long Island. We offer a few different training options. Delaying your training is a mistake. Start today. GO TO: http://firefightersworkout.com

    Stay Safe,
    Retired FDNY Captain, Firefighter's Workout Book author,
    Mike Stefano
    www.firefightersworkout.com
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  15. #6615
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone running into motivation issues for working out? Mine is at an all time low and I'm super disappointed with it. Probably has a lot to do with all the bs going on knowing it could be a lot longer before I even get a letter in the mail, never mind a shot at the academy. It's infuriating.
    Just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CFeQKL3pM

  16. #6616
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    check this though. it helps if you're feeling a little down on motivation.

    http://whatevertheroute.files.wordpr...ne-busier.jpeg
    Here's something to motivate you on those days bro. Enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3VBMbsnpw
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

  17. #6617
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Here's something to motivate you on those days bro. Enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3VBMbsnpw

    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavtr0y2vj1rv0dn9.gif

  18. #6618
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Here's something to motivate you on those days bro. Enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3VBMbsnpw
    Bout the only thing that has made me smile on this thread for some time.

  19. #6619
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Imagine catching the flu while in the academy ( which I'm sure a lot of people do). I get too damn weak when I have the flu, that must be the worst experience to go through.
    I was actually thinking about that. That's gotta be the most miserable experience possible haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  20. #6620
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Here's something to motivate you on those days bro. Enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3VBMbsnpw

    So what you're saying is......get back to twerk?


    ...I'll see myself out.
    Jukez likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts