Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuoco83 View Post
    Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. I actually live in a 7 story building in the city and I put a 50 lb dumbbell into an old backpack and run up the 7 flights about six times. I take the elevator down and run right back up. I haven't done ten minutes straight on a step ill but I've been counting the stepsmasni run and I've been getting like 85 steps per Knute at this point. I'm going to the Rock forum first practice session this week and that will give me a lot more clarity as to wha I need to do next. Good luck bro!

Ps: typed on an ipad so sorry for all the errors. Was in a rush!
    Running with a weight vest? Careful! Protect those knees!
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Look, I don't mean to offend. Really. But when we throw words around like "disgust" in reference to a situation as racialized as the PHs, yeah, it comes to mind. And more so when we attack the whole group of people with inaccurate statements like that they're dropping from the academy. It's pretty clear that journalists read our comments and will quote us on here should we provide them with the ammunition, and I think some unhelpful conversations happen from time to time. I dont want to add to that so I'll leave it at that. No need to comment further, and I do apologize if I offended anyone.
    Although I do agree with you that we should be aware that NY Post gossip columnists aka journalists check these type of forums, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you in regards to your other comments. I have personally had my work life put on hold for almost 5 years now because of this bull**** lawsuit so I will voice my disagreement loud and cloud with anyone who's a PH and commenting how guys aren't taking the task at hand seriously. I don't a rat's hairy fanny if the PHs are black, brown, green, or red. The problem isn't a racial issue....it's the fact that they had their chance, failed, and now get a do-over because some liberal judge on his high horse decided to make waves. Sorry for ranting, but the only "racially charged" actions that have been made were against the men and women who would've been class #2 of list #6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Soooo......how many stairmill training days are you guys doing? And who's going to cpat training tonight?
    Which gyms have the correct stairmill. So far Richies, Planet Fitness, Crunch, and Blink have the one that looks like youre skiing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Look, I don't mean to offend. Really. But when we throw words around like "disgust" in reference to a situation as racialized as the PHs, yeah, it comes to mind. And more so when we attack the whole group of people with inaccurate statements like that they're dropping from the academy. It's pretty clear that journalists read our comments and will quote us on here should we provide them with the ammunition, and I think some unhelpful conversations happen from time to time. I dont want to add to that so I'll leave it at that. No need to comment further, and I do apologize if I offended anyone.
    Ok bro no hard feelings.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    Which gyms have the correct stairmill. So far Richies, Planet Fitness, Crunch, and Blink have the one that looks like youre skiing.
    Golds on Crossbay Blvd
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

NYSC all seem to have the good stair mills. wait till the end of each month if you are gonna sign up and expect to pay about 60$ a month if you decide to join.

I found this while reading another forum. The article seems to be a little innacurate but I am happy for the attention and that it is from our POV
    http://www.pointoflaw.com/archives/2...ts-history.php
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    NYSC all seem to have the good stair mills. wait till the end of each month if you are gonna sign up and expect to pay about 60$ a month if you decide to join.

I found this while reading another forum. The article seems to be a little innacurate but I am happy for the attention and that it is from our POV
    Nysc should be $40 per month. Also if you mention you're a fdny candidate you can get the reduced $29 per month, but that limits you to non peak hour access(4-8pm). They have the correct stairmill and the fdny has been partnered with them for years

Forum Member

Not all priority hires failed! This law suit stems to the test being unfair to minorities. Everyone is affected by the law suit both on the job and off. Im pretty sure if you had a second chance and didnt make it to the class or were never called and the opportunity came up you would take it!

Forum Member

I found this while reading another forum. The article seems to be a little innacurate but I am happy for the attention atnd that it is from our POV
    That article is very inaccurate lol. They're speaking as if the open competitive pool had to drop to 72 to get a full class. This class has nothing to do with a watered down test because they're all promotionals anyway. Regardless what test promotionals are given all they have to do is pass, this is nothing new. Very bad article inaccurate and just trying to poop on the guys in the academy now and stir trouble up

Forum Member

Nysc should be $40 per month. Also if you mention you're a fdny candidate you can get the reduced $29 per month, but that limits you to non peak hour access(4-8pm). They have the correct stairmill and the fdny has been partnered with them for years
    Wow, what NYSC are you going to that its that cheap? I used to go to one a few years back and the CHEAPEST memberships they had was $80 a month.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

This is my first post. I've been peeking in here and there for a while, but I saw a few people talking about the level on the stairmaster that's going to be on the CPAT. My time list number is in the early three thousands, but I started working out already. Just wanted to know if any of you guys knows the level that the CPAT is tested on...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PTPer View Post
    This is my first post. I've been peeking in here and there for a while, but I saw a few people talking about the level on the stairmaster that's going to be on the CPAT. My time list number is in the early three thousands, but I started working out already. Just wanted to know if any of you guys knows the level that the CPAT is tested on...
    60 steps per minute, should be level 6 on most machines.
    PTPer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Wow, what NYSC are you going to that its that cheap? I used to go to one a few years back and the CHEAPEST memberships they had was $80 a month.
    Staten island $39.99 for core membership. If you spoke to health and fitness at fdny you can also do the fdny plan they have for $29.99, both have a $50 processing fee to start.

Forum Member

Yeah I pay more than that lol, 60$ Guess I got ripped. I don't know if the non peak hour plan is around? sometimes they deny it exists and its not always on website.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

That article is very inaccurate lol. They're speaking as if the open competitive pool had to drop to 72 to get a full class. This class has nothing to do with a watered down test because they're all promotionals anyway. Regardless what test promotionals are given all they have to do is pass, this is nothing new. Very bad article inaccurate and just trying to poop on the guys in the academy now and stir trouble up
    Don't want the guys in the academy now to get pooped on or any EMS promos but I am happy that info about lowering standards due to Garifus is getting out. People need to be called out on their bull ****e.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Don't want the guys in the academy now to get pooped on or any EMS promos but I am happy that info about lowering standards due to Garifus is getting out. People need to be called out on their bull ****e.
    I understand hating garufis, but the standards have nothing to do with the guys in the academy now, it is made up of entirely ems. Whether they took this test, the ged, or the bar, all they have to do is get a 70. So whomever wrote that should do research, the oc pool would never drop to 72.

Forum Member

anyone have an any idea what list # they are @?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynAllDayNYC View Post
    anyone have an any idea what list # they are @?
    If you are referring to the Open Competitive list, then yes.....

PTPer likes this.

Forum Member

Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....

Forum Member

Anyone that has been to cpat practice, just confirming everything is outside right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....
    What you're not understanding is in civil service if you pass everything you will be reached. There are black ff that took the same test you did and are otj now. Your number just wasn't reached that simple. And if you think I'm being racist lol please pm me so i can show you something lol. Not everyone is against you, its just everyone here is waiting their turn. No one likes the person that skips the line. If you think you were discriminated against pm one of the guys otj that took your test and ask them their score, it was higher which is why they got hired.

Forum Member

you touched on a lot of different points, to efficiently reply to all of them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

Forum Member

Wrong. Flat out wrong. No one of any race, gender or creed was denied this opportunity if they met all of the qualifications. If you took the test previously and did not get hired, it is because you and every other person (white, black, Hispanic, ect.) did not do as well as those who made the cut. DCAS has not ever stated that discrimination occurred, that is a fabrication. No part of the hiring process was ever identified as being discriminatory only the end result. The loop hole known as Disparate Impact. Just because one group, identified by race, didn't do as well as another group identified by race. That's it, period. Anything else is lies and propaganda. If you think that everyone here is wrong, bigoted or racist for having and issue with the Quota Hires, you need to pull your head out of the sand and look at the situation through the glasses of reality. Ya know what's racist? The fact that black and Hispanic candidates are getting a second chance while the thousands of white, Asian, female and other former candidates are not.

Fact: 293 people are getting a second chance and taking spots away from people who took the test and competed fairly against everyone else. You are receiving special treatment simply because of the color of your skin and THAT sounds like racism to me. Those on the OC list rightly feel resentful. Those of us on the job rightly feel resentful. We all worked hard for many years, many years of putting our lives on the line. You are being given a job, money and seniority that you did not earn. I earned it. The thousands of others here earned it. We earned it in 900 degree apartment fires, we earned it doing CPR in a subway stations, we earned it in a firehouse on Christmas while our families were home without us.

I work with men and women of all races and what race they are doesn't matter one bit. There is a lot of love in this job, blind to race, ect. What isn't blind is special preference based on race. Its devisive and counter productive.

We don't erase racism with special treatment based on race. This whole situation is a shame and a blight on society, a real symbol of weakness and shame in our culture. We shouldn't expect more from candidates, we should just make the process easier......

Forum Member

blahblahblahblahblahblahblah *yawn*
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marc3071 View Post
    Not all priority hires failed! This law suit stems to the test being unfair to minorities. Everyone is affected by the law suit both on the job and off. Im pretty sure if you had a second chance and didnt make it to the class or were never called and the opportunity came up you would take it!
    Then why is it that Garufis only deemed blacks and hispanics were discriminated against?
    What about the Asians, Pakistanis and Caucasians that didn't score high enough?
    This "second chance" is BS to everyone. The city, the tourists, you, me, etc.

Thread Information