Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #8301
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ffbam24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....
    Oh please do cite your sources then.
    Blah blah blah.
    What southbx said!
    FDsouthbxNY and Ext. 17 like this.

  2. #8302
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....
    When did DCAS admit they discriminated? I guess I missed what would've been the news story of the decade where the biggest city in America admits its racist. But I can see how DCAS would be so racist against blacks since over half its personnel is black.... Oh wait, that makes no sense.

    Further more just because you "passed" does NOT mean you deserve to be hired. Tens of thousands of candidates "pass" every exam and don't get in. I have plenty of white friends who took the previous exams and got scores in the low 90's or high 80's and guess what? They are *&^% out of luck. You sound like an entitled clown who is going on the offensive because deep down you know you don't deserve to have this job handed to you.
    List # 12XX

  3. #8303
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I'm pretty much doing something similar. I'm increasing everything slowly so i don't get hurt, but 12 miles a week is where I'm at right now. I do need to do more stair mill though, right now its only twice a week. You're staying on for 10min straight? Right now im doing 7 straight then the vest comes off and i jump right back on for 10min
    Thanks for your reply dude. I actually live in a 7 floor building in NYC, so I've been running up the stairs of my building with 50lb dumbbell in an old backpack. I'm averaging about 85 steps per minute right now and I'm really looking forward to going to the Rock soon to try out the 75lbs on the step mill. I have a feeling that 50lbs hanging awkwardly from a backpack feels like of like 75 on a vest. I'll see what happens. If it's shameful I'm going straight down to the local gym to hop on the stairmaster and get cracking.

    Right now I'm running up, taking the elevator down (going down the stairs with the weight gives more of a rest than taking the elevator straight down, and running right up again.

    Thanks for sharing. It clarifies things a bit for me. Good luck to you!

  4. #8304
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Got to NYC early..... What to do tonight ?!?!

    Suggestions?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  5. #8305
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Having had a chance to run through the CPAT(Training) , if you've run marathons and stayed physically active, I'm sure you'll be fine for passing the CPAT. I can't comment on the Academy but rule of thumb I wouldn't aim to just barely pass the CPAT because the Academy would be right around the corner and plenty are failing due to lack of physical ability. If you're close to taking the CPAT or have a list number 1500> , I'd seriously consider working out/cardio at least 5x a week. If you really want the job, like I do and how I figure most of you do, work out everyday. I usually run 3x a week, 2x HIIT and hit the gym 4x or 5x a week. It all depends how bad you want it and realizing that you probably will be in a situation where you might have to pick someone up or someone do something physically tasking and you don't want to be THAT guy and not be able to do it.
    Thanks dude. I appreciate the reply. I'm working with what I've got right now. Life circumstances (fatherhood, very little sleep, and 14 hour work days) get in the way of a full-on workout routine, so as long as I'm fit for the CPAT and medical now I will blast into shape as soon as I pass both of those. Nothing like a bit of pressure to get the candle burning on both ends.

    May to July is two months, and if training properly, that's enough time to go from a couch potato to a marathon finisher. It's all about how motivated a person is. Good luck to you!

  6. #8306
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Not to beat a dead horse but here is what I can deduct about ffthomas from his previous posts.

    1.) You FAILED the CPAT.
    2.) You are very concerned about benefits and schedules.
    3.) You want to know if the medical test is a hair follicle drug test. Only one reason you'd wanna know that.
    4.) You openly ask if a hiring dept has any RACE based preferences!

    I have quoted you below. Anything I missed?



    “thanks for the info and i am def going to apply. i've always been interested in this dept. i did apply a few times before and failed the cpat. but i will def be going back down to norhtern va very soon. stay safe brothers and sistetrs”
    “Hey brothers and sisters. can any one keep me updated on when the hiring freeze will be over. during the medical do they shave your hair or anything. also what are the chances of being hired with not ems certifications at all. keep in touch ffthomas2002@yahoo.com
    “can anyone fill me in about montgomery county md fire dept.
    1. after the written exam and cpat what is the next step in the hiring process
    2. how does the interview and medical evaluation go
    3. how are the medical and salary benes
    4. how is it working down there as a new guy
    5 is it true you will be working on a bus right out of the academy for a few years before even placing one foot on a fire appratus
    6. is there any preference for minorities, women, college educations etc....”
    List # 12XX

  7. #8307
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Anyone that has been to cpat practice, just confirming everything is outside right?
    Everything but the stairmaster, so... yes. Dress appropriately, and I suggest you don't say a damn thing about the weather to the PT staff unless they say something about it first. If you should make it to the academy you will be spending a lot of quality time outside, regardless of the forecast.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    NYSC all seem to have the good stair mills. wait till the end of each month if you are gonna sign up and expect to pay about 60$ a month if you decide to join.

    I found this while reading another forum. The article seems to be a little innacurate but I am happy for the attention and that it is from our POV
    http://www.pointoflaw.com/archives/2...ts-history.php
    You should be able to get NYSC cheaper if you say you are an FDNY recruit. My membership has the "no peak hours" condition and it's never been a big deal. All you have to do is avoid swiping in with your keycard during those hours. If you get there 5 minutes before 4 (or 430, I can't remember the exact time) you're fine.

    Also that article quotes the Post story, which began with only a few facts and a lot of generalizations or straight out falsehoods in regards to this class. That article is junk.

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Got to NYC early..... What to do tonight ?!?!

    Suggestions?
    You have kid(s) right? If yes, maybe just walk around midtown and take in the sights. Times Square at night is pretty awesome for about 5 minutes, and then it should become pretty annoying.

    If you can go out without kids I'd say go bar hopping in the village. If at any point you want to go out for a show I highly recommend the Comedy Cellar in the village. Great small/cheap club where lots of big names in comedy just drop in unannounced to practice and try out new material. Awesome club.

  8. #8308
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8

    Default

    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact

  9. #8309
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I was just looking at a copy of the 99 exam. Its on an elementary school reading level. Im sorry BUT for someone to actually score in the 70s or 80s is pathetic. How can you expect a PH who couldn't score high enough on this exam to do well academically at the fire academy?

    What happens if they fail out of the fire academy?....will Garaufis come to their rescue again and claim the academics at the rock have a "disparate impact" on the minority candidates? WTF is wrong with this city.....You take a test, your score well & you get hired.

  10. #8310
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact

    Dude, just stop. The words coming off of your fingertips are so dead wrong that it's tough for me to believe you're not simply trolling. I find it damn near impossible to think that anybody could actually believe what you're spewing. Then again, people never cease to amaze me at times...

  11. #8311
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    fyi dude....that list did not reach list# 6000

  12. #8312
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact


    I can't take this guy seriously with all his spelling and grammer errors. Definitely trolling.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

  13. #8313
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    On another note...anyone else at cpat?

  14. #8314
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    On another note...anyone else at cpat?
    I wish bro :-/
    Dannypanigale likes this.

  15. #8315
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Hey guys i am sure you are all tired of hearing this question but was wondering if someone could shed some light. Have the EMS promo classes been exhausted? Are they currently starting on the open competitive list now? Also, anybody have any theories of how high this list may reach keeping in mind the ratio the ems list did (not sure what it was). Thanks!

  16. #8316
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    Do yourself a favor and please proofread what you write before posting it. If you're going to spew utter horse**** lies from your mouth, make sure it's at least halfway decent English. I feel like I need the retard version of a SAP button to figure out what the **** you're writing on here.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and DC33017 like this.

  17. #8317
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyUp23 View Post
    Hey guys i am sure you are all tired of hearing this question but was wondering if someone could shed some light. Have the EMS promo classes been exhausted? Are they currently starting on the open competitive list now? Also, anybody have any theories of how high this list may reach keeping in mind the ratio the ems list did (not sure what it was). Thanks!
    The EMS list has not been exhausted, however it should be after the second class. There will be no clear indication on what the ratio is until the entire list is exhausted and everyone from it has gone through (or attempted to go through) proby school. However there's no way of knowing if that ratio will be accurate or meaningful in comparison to the OC.

    Nobody has any real idea how high into the list they will go, other than what the city said, which was 8500s, which did account for 2500 and the PHs so....... who knows.

  18. #8318
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyUp23 View Post
    Hey guys i am sure you are all tired of hearing this question but was wondering if someone could shed some light. Have the EMS promo classes been exhausted? Are they currently starting on the open competitive list now? Also, anybody have any theories of how high this list may reach keeping in mind the ratio the ems list did (not sure what it was). Thanks!
    Not exhausted yet. I think 200 or so are left from what I've read in previous posts. The number is probably higher though.

  19. #8319
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Look, I'm not here to defend PHs. But everyone needs to just deal with reality and stop being so reactionary in a way that, frankly, smacks of racism. I don't see anyone OTJ saying they'll quit because of the PH situation and anyone on the list saying they won't take the job because of the PH situation. And to the point, while we beat up on PHs for their academic and other deficiencies, it is *their" and not *there* and not a single PH is currently dropping out of the Rock, because not a single one of them is there (not *their*) yet. Let us move past it and deal with the situation at hand.
    The only racism on display here is that of the courts who are putting these people who have demonstrated themselves to be unqualified on the job because they are a certain color. The job objecting to it doesn't in any way, shape or form "smack of racism". If the PHs were Germans, Italians or Irish I would object just as strongly. Seems to me that in this day and age people are being raised to believe not giving a person of color what they want when they want it is too often deemed "racism".

    And that isn't even the true problem here. Were this almostthere clown to be discreet about it and simply ask advice on the job, he'd get it. But that's not why he's here. He wants you guys to know he's a PH and that he's being put on the job before you because in his mind, simply wanting the job is enough for him to receive it. He's taking what you worked for and he wants to make sure you all know it. If you're ok with that, and are willing to brand anyone who objects to it as racist, then maybe you deserve to wait a few years while these guys shuffle through the academy and onto the job you actually earned. Dunno what else to say besides that.

  20. #8320
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    As you are a troll looking for trouble, I will only say this before I ignore you. PASSING wasn't enough. You had to score HIGH. You didn't, so you didn't get the job. You are 100% full of sh*t regarding being passed. Even if it were to happen, you'd never know about it. So stow it.


    And it's "regime", moron, not "regeim". Maybe little more help in 4th grade spelling would have allowed you to score better on the test you failed.

  21. #8321
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact


    /\

    HaHa ohhh boy,,, please man just stop it allready.,...who are you anyway?
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  22. #8322
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    6000 wasn't good enough on exam 2043
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List 2043 - #61xx
    List 6019 - #10xx
    List 2000 - #25xx

  23. #8323
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    6000? Should have been hired in 2006? Huh, that's interesting, because they reached me 6 years ago, in 2007, and I had a score in the 3000's. So, how exactly did you leapfrog me and 3000 other people to be hired in 2006? Do us all a favor and answer this questions directly, don't dodge it.

    Here's some more fact for you to add to your fiction: The last class from exam 2043 graduated in 2008. They had reached those with scores in the 5,000 range. A guy I work with came from that class, oh, and he's Puerto Rican. I guess he somehow slipped past the secret race police.

    There is no factual evidence that anyone was passed over on the basis or race. That is a blatant and infuriating lie. There is no evidence because none exists. This hiring based on a quota (that's you) was decided upon because white candidates passed the exam at a higher rate than African Americans. That's called disparate impact. That is the ONLY reason that any portion of the process was deemed racially biased. In our new kindergarten world, no one is allowed to lose.

    At no point ever (lets say that again, EVER) was anyone passed over because of the color of their skin. There is no room in the process for this and no one in the FDNY, DCAS or the City of New York would allow such an atrocity to occur.

    So, you didn't get hired because while you passed, you didn't do well enough. 5,000+ people, of all racial background, did better than you and earned a spot they deserve. So, put the race card back in your pocket and take the blame yourself. You didn't get hired then because you weren't good enough.


    Geeeez....can someone go get Almostthere? I may not have liked some of the things he said, but at least the guy agrees he wasn't discriminated against and that he's making the most of this gift of a second chance......he's looking like an all-star right now.....

  24. #8324
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ffbam24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    grok and fdsouthbronxny you are 100% wrong. i know the case inside in and out. i am not worried about how hight i scored. its a known fact that minorities were skipped due to their race. thats why the COURT ordered PH such as me a chance to be hired due to the factual EVIDENCE that was discovered in court. Just an FYI i was 6000 on the list and shoulve been hired in 06. it was admitted and even discovered that people that were not minority passed by me for NO reason. thats illegal folks. guess you guys forgot that. so PHs are not taking away opportunites from anyone. its those that choose to break the rules in an already corrupt system taking jobs away from the other people. funny thing is you two didnt even noticed that i stated that those of us that passed the written and agility were ALL BLACK we denied employment for no other reason but due to the color our skin. guess minorites and women are inferior to the racist white regeim. that is a fact
    Nice try troll.

    Plus, I couldn't find the exact list number 2043 got to, but it was about 1000 short of even reaching you at 6000+.

    Good luck in your future endeavors!

  25. #8325
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    K back from cpat prep, interesting numbers. The guy running it, forgot the name, the one that runs the super marathons mentioned out of 40ppl that took the medical only 3 passed. They give you a chance to do each event, even the stairmill, 75lbs for 3:20. Some people in my group still hadn't been on a stair mill. Not to add to the fire but as I'm leaving one ph who said he failed his first medical on the stair mill said the whole testing is a pain in the *** and they should just give him the money they owe him...smh
    Also the vest they give you for the stairmill and cpat has the weight positioned i think better than some other vests out there, its beat up but their 75lbs felt lighter than mine when i have 50 on if that makes any sense. The weight is proportioned better. If you haven't joined a gym with a stair mill join please, its embarrassing falling off during cpat practice

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 8 guests)

  1. JRodPizza ,
  2. New Flyer,
  3. ready4fire

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register