Like Tree11286Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #8326
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Boy I tell ya, reading all this is really starting to make my blood boil. It makes me miss my time in the Army, you show up to a school and you either meet the standard or pack your bags and take your *** home. There was never any crying that you were discriminated against because you couldn't meet standards. Are they streamlining the process for these priority hires? I find it really odd that they're already taking their medicals and are being scheduled for their pysch evaluations. My list number is under 100 and the only thing I've being notified for is the initial interview at Metro-Tech. If any of you gentleman could shed some light on whats going on with them it would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #8327
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    Had to jump in on this thread about the PHs. First thing is DCAS openly admitted that minorities were discrimanatted against in their hiring practices. There are in fact minorites that had successfully completed the written and agility and were never afforded an opportunity to continue through the process due to their race. FYI thats illegal. So there were no deficienies or anything else regard PHs. Majority of these are New Yorkers that served our country and still were denied a job. So their past or criminal history wasnt an issue. So they were DISCRIMINATED against because of their RACE. FYI that is ILLEGAL just in case anyone for got. Second as an african american and as a PH some of the comments i find offensive and distasteful. Over 10 years ago i passed the written and agility for FDNY. There is nothing in my character Nor do have any deficiency that would have disqualified me from the process. So for all of you racist, facist, biggots out there that assume that the PHs are holding you back is innacurate, immature, and racist. Some of you deserve a swift kick in the *** with a bag of reality before you go making any derrogatory comments towards any group of people regardless of race, gender, creed, religion etc....

    No one has made any negative comments about being black, they have made negative comments about being a priority hire, but that is not racist.

    People really need to learn the meaning of the word "racist", because it is being thrown around and miss used a lot of on here. Anything that includes black people that you don't like does not = Racist, you really need to learn the meaning of that serious word if you going to throw it around.
    Actually being hired because of the color of your skin is racist, so in fact the Priority Hires are benefiting from racist practices that discriminate against other non black males.

    The rest of what you say is pure fantasy. DCAS has never ever admitted that blacks were discriminated against. You facts are wrong, just because you say them does not make them correct. The actual Lawsuit doesn't even allege that.

    Your facts are wrong, you couldn't even comprehend that your list number was too high and you had years to figure it out.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-07-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  3. #8328
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    K back from cpat prep, interesting numbers. The guy running it, forgot the name, the one that runs the super marathons mentioned out of 40ppl that took the medical only 3 passed.
    40 of what? PHs, OC?

    I'm sure they'll get a few more chances though
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

  4. #8329
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Hey all,
    Turning off the noise for a while, just wanted to wish all the best to everyone processing now, everyone patiently waiting in line, especially everyone like MM pushing through the academy, and everyone else adding helpful info to the board.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

  5. #8330
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    So does any one know why the PH's are doing the medical first?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  6. #8331
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So does any one know why the PH's are doing the medical first?
    Hopefully so they could get a good estimate as to how many more investigation packets they need to send out for the OC. Pure speculation I know I'm out for the summer class but am anxious to start the process and would feel better knowing i had a good shot at the winter one
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

  7. #8332
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Hopefully so they could get a good estimate as to how many more investigation packets they need to send out for the OC. Pure speculation I know I'm out for the summer class but am anxious to start the process and would feel better knowing i had a good shot at the winter one
    Just hang in there and stay ready. You got a good list number so you're going to be hired at some point. I've said it to a few guys; trying to figure the list out will make you nuts. Train and enjoy life until you get the call. It will come before you know it.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

  8. #8333
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Thanks dude appreciate the advice
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

  9. #8334
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    40 of what? PHs, OC?

    I'm sure they'll get a few more chances though
    He never said from what pool, but all of the people at the cpat that had taken the medical where ph

  10. #8335
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Boy I tell ya, reading all this is really starting to make my blood boil. It makes me miss my time in the Army, you show up to a school and you either meet the standard or pack your bags and take your *** home. There was never any crying that you were discriminated against because you couldn't meet standards. Are they streamlining the process for these priority hires? I find it really odd that they're already taking their medicals and are being scheduled for their pysch evaluations. My list number is under 100 and the only thing I've being notified for is the initial interview at Metro-Tech. If any of you gentleman could shed some light on whats going on with them it would be greatly appreciated.
    Trust me them getting their medicals first is doing us a lot more good lol. There are guys that are not even failing for too high of a hr, they're just falling off before the 5:12. With the city doing it this way we'll have a better idea of how many oc might make july if any.

  11. #8336
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I seem to remember from my process with 6019 that I went to the intake interview, then to the psychological and then last to the medical. I can't remember when the CPAT was in the scheme of things.

    I do remember at my CPAT that EMS took two guys out, laying on their backs. I also knew a guy who didn't train for the CPAT, bragged about now easy it was going to to be and then tore his quad at the test. I also remember at my medical, we had about 30 guys show up and only 5 passed.

    I'm no expert on training or the stepmill at the medical, but I think being hydrated and controlling your breathing have something to do with passing. The pace of the test, meaning how fast the steps are rotating, seemed to be a 'leisurely' pace and slower than I would normally walk.

    I'm at 2xx. It would be nice if we could get some clarity in what's going to happen in July, as unlikely as that is. This has been some stretch of waiting, I'll tell you.

  12. #8337
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    I could be wrong but didn't Manahattan Medic say he took his medical before the CPAT and that the can administer the steps of the process in any order they want to ? If it wasn't MM that said it, I'm 99% certain someone else here said it.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 03-07-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  13. #8338
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I could be wrong but didn't Manahattan Medic say he took his medical before the CPAT and that the can administer the steps of the process in any order they want to ? If it wasn't MM that said I'm 99% certain someone else here said it.
    well the PH's are taking their medicals before the CPAT so it is happening now,I think any part of the process can happen at any time, but usually you end up taking your physical before your medical even though there's no rule that says you have to. If it was MM, maybe since they were EMS it made sense for them to go through the process that way.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  14. #8339
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    PH are now taking their medicals. So yes you can take med before cpat. Some one said that only 3 guys pass the medical this is true, the other guys failed the step mill not because they could not stay on because their heart rate was too high. 4 was over weight. Most of them was emt mix with PH. They have to come back and stay on the step mil for 8mins. Only 6 of those guys failed off.

  15. #8340
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Does anyone know if they're still allowing guys to take the eye exam with glasses/contacts ? I know they allowed EMS guys but was that something they just allowed for the EMS guys or is it across the board. I just found out my current insurance, if I go to a lasik doc approved by them, they cover 25% of the procedure.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  16. #8341
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    PH already receive their dates for investigation, medical, and psychological testing.

  17. #8342
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    PH already receive their dates for investigation, medical, and psychological testing.
    Thanks for passing this info along....can you give us an idea of dates for this stuff?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  18. #8343
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Thanks for passing this info along....can you give us an idea of dates for this stuff?
    Most of all the PH already did their investigation and medical. The psychological test is being giving to them this month with a couple of PH with test date for April.

  19. #8344
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Investigation February 14
    Medical February 26
    Psychological March 9
    Hope that helps...
    HopefulFF, River6019 and OAK like this.

  20. #8345
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Investigation February 14
    Medical February 26
    Psychological March 9
    Hope that helps...
    yes it does, ty

  21. #8346
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Investigation February 14
    Medical February 26
    Psychological March 9
    Hope that helps...
    Doing the right thing thanks helps a lot

  22. #8347
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Anyone going to their investigation tomorrow? Hope to see some of you guys eventhough the weather is getting pretty bad.

    Anyone knows the closest train station to metro tech?

  23. #8348
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Investigation February 14
    Medical February 26
    Psychological March 9
    Hope that helps...
    I am starting ro wonder if I am a PH or not. I sure didnt receive that info. I am not sure when my medical is and I conducted my intake march 1st. Ummm I might be on the oc list. Go figure

  24. #8349
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am starting ro wonder if I am a PH or not. I sure didnt receive that info. I am not sure when my medical is and I conducted my intake march 1st. Ummm I might be on the oc list. Go figure
    PH started getting thier packets in feb, a lot of them have already completed thier investigation and medical. Others with March dates, and remaining of them should be completed by the beginning of April.

  25. #8350
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Investigation February 14
    Medical February 26
    Psychological March 9
    Hope that helps...
    Big help - Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 29 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 19 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. EKFCASPER,
  3. fndyoneday,
  4. Gheech,
  5. J0hnnyb0y,
  6. Manhattan Medic,
  7. MuscleHamster,
  8. MZigross,
  9. RDiesel

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register