Like Tree9605Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #8376
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Lol what ???
    Im just jk. Every one knows the joke
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  2. #8377
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Almostthere, how many Priority Hires are being processesed along with you for the July class and from your opinion after going through the process with them how many do you feel actually have a legitimate shot at passing all the steps?

  3. #8378
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't think most of us really hate any of the PHs. Most of us understand that this is a dream situation you guys have been handed and would in fact be crazy to pass it up. The agitation comes from the fact that up to 293 people are skipping the line and getting second or third chances just based on skin color. As it is about 8000 of the top scoring people from this test WILL have their dreams held up for at least 6 months to ameliorate an in justice that never actually occurred.

    This of course is in addition to the THOUSANDS of candidates who's lives have been in total limbo for over 5 years and counting because of all this lawsuit BS. Trust me, I don't hate any of you, this is just the last place in the world you should come on and state things like I'm a PH get over it. In fact I don't know why you'd ever want ANYONE to know you are a PH, I cant imagine it will make your career easier.

    Believe me, I think we'd all rather Garaufis came onto the forum so we could just vent directly to him haha.

    Well said, in a most respectful way.

    Also, epic use of the word 'ameliorate'.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

  4. #8379
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    I was asking almostthere...but ok!!! You really need to get over this anger that you have against him. Bashing him every time he say something is so childish...
    I don't have to do or get over anything. All of us on the job now and the guys on the OC/Promo lists EARNED our places; if you honestly think the PHs are going to not only come on this job, but then brag about how they were put on by a judge instead of earning it without us having something to say about it, you got a screw loose.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 03-07-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    ffbam24 and sffdnyhopeful09 like this.

  5. #8380
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Im just jk. Every one knows the joke
    Knock that sh*t off. That's as close to a race joke as can be, and aside from racism being wrong, that kind of trash is exactly how the vulcans gained traction in the first place. That's not what our job is about.

  6. #8381
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Knock that sh*t off. That's as close to a race joke as can be, and aside from racism being wrong, that kind of trash is exactly how the vulcans gained traction in the first place. That's not what our job is about.
    Not a race joke, was actually originally a lawyer joke. But I get your point anyway.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  7. #8382
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    I was asking almostthere...but ok!!! You really need to get over this anger that you have against him. Bashing him every time he say something is so childish...
    I don't hate the fella nor do I have any anger towards him. I just find his posts worthless since the guy has not provided any specific info pertaining to PH processing, and also has the balls to call people out for not taking conditioning seriously. Plus his previous statement of 3 minutes on stepmill when the previous poster clearly and concisely stated that was a warmup time was just flat out comical.

  8. #8383
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Almostthere, how many Priority Hires are being processesed along with you for the July class and from your opinion after going through the process with them how many do you feel actually have a legitimate shot at passing all the steps?
    At this point I can't answer that because I only completed one process which was the intake interview . During my intake interview out of 20 plus candidates there were only a hand full of black candidates there. And out of those hand fulls, I was not sure if they where PHs. The PHs does not have the luxury of going through the process only with each other. I am still amazed how the guys that are going to the CPAT training, intake interviews are able to differentiate who is who.

    Also, I am not fortunate enough at this point to conduct or be aware of when my medical, psychological, physical will be. But to give you my opinion on the PHs having a shot on passing all the steps, I don't know. I can only answer that for myself. I believe I have a great chance.

  9. #8384
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Not a race joke, was actually originally a lawyer joke. But I get your point anyway.
    C'mon, bro, I don't think anyone has ever heard that told as a lawyer joke. No big deal, just be a little more careful next time.

  10. #8385
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    C'mon, bro, I don't think anyone has ever heard that told as a lawyer joke. No big deal, just be a little more careful next time.

    I swear I never heard it any other way. It was in the movie Philadelphia, the lawyer who happens not to be "white" tells it on the elevator. But I get your point. I should have been more careful.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-07-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #8386
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    I don't have to do or get over anything. All of us on the job now and the guys on the OC/Promo lists EARNED our places; if you honestly think the PHs are going to not only come on this job, but then brag about how they were put on by a judge instead of earning it without us having something to say about it, you got a screw loose.
    Buddy you have a right to do what every makes you happy... If bashing him make you feel better about your self or the situation thats going on bash away. I just think its childish...

  12. #8387
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I swear I never heard it any other way. It was in the movie Philadelphia, the lawyer who happens not to be "white" tells it on the elevator. But I get your point. I should have been more careful.
    It's ok. Honest mistake.

  13. #8388
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Buddy you have a right to do what every makes you happy... If bashing him make you feel better about your self or the situation thats going on bash away. I just think its childish...
    Nobody asked what you thought.

  14. #8389
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    Buddy you have a right to do what every makes you happy... If bashing him make you feel better about your self or the situation thats going on bash away. I just think its childish...
    Let him be. He is like a female, you won't win a debate/argument with him. He goes on and on and on. Also, when he joins the forum this is when it goes downhill because he likes to bash and his followers follow suit.

  15. #8390
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Let him be. He is like a female, you won't win a debate/argument with him. He goes on and on and on. Also, when he joins the forum this is when it goes downhill because he likes to bash and his followers follow suit.
    My friend, I don't think you have a clear grasp of what's going on here. NONE of us want you here. NONE. You got a hell of a nerve calling anyone else a "female" when YOU are the one who whined and complained your way into a lawsuit that got you put on this list. It isn't me, it isn't any of the guys on here, and it isn't a race issue. It's the ENTIRE JOB that doesn't want to hear from you. I don't like to bash at all; I'm doing it because the travesty you're part of can't be allowed to go on without comment. You can't win the argument at hand because you're WRONG, not because of what anyone else says.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

  16. #8391
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    can you guys please take this to private messages, we're going on pages of this already....thank you.
    grok350 likes this.

  17. #8392
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Nobody asked what you thought.
    You are so right... I don't come here to be bash, This was one of the reason why I stop posting here. after reading some of the posting I thought every one was past all this BS!!! Some of you guys was posting good stuff but some of you guys are not looking for information you're looking to bash people, because they don't agree with your point of view. Or mad at a situation that a judge put you in not the one taking the job. Any one would be a fool if they pass working for the fdny up. Almostthere post some good information SOMETIMES and some of you guys are just ready to bash him for any little thing. A lot of you guys need to get over the whole PH and move on. No one can change it for now so let it go. focus on what you as a person need to do to move threw the process. Do you guys really think that PH are on their site talk about you guys all day, Hell NO!!!! They are focusing on the prize and that's what they need to do to become a firefighter. i am not wanted here So I will keep what I know to myself. Almostthere I will send you a private message for the link of the PH site and you are more then welcome to post and get real information. Every Monday and Wednesday there is a FDNY Mentor that post and answer question. i only ask that you please don't post the link on this site those guys on the PH site are not on this high school BS like some of the guys on here.

  18. #8393
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    My friend, I don't think you have a clear grasp of what's going on here. NONE of us want you here. NONE. You got a hell of a nerve calling anyone else a "female" when YOU are the one who whined and complained your way into a lawsuit that got you put on this list. It isn't me, it isn't any of the guys on here, and it isn't a race issue. It's the ENTIRE JOB that doesn't want to hear from you. I don't like to bash at all; I'm doing it because the travesty you're part of can't be allowed to go on without comment. You can't win the argument at hand because you're WRONG, not because of what anyone else says.

    First, I am not your friend, which is your words indirectly with "I will never be considered a brother". Second, you and I actually don't have anything to argue about in regards to the race issue, or me agreeing with this lawsuit. If I am not mistaken, I suggested you view any of my previous post that supports your assumption/accusation that I agree with the lawsuit, etc. This vendetta between use pretty much originated due to your anger and frustration of this situation and opportunity I am taking advantage of. But you continue to spread false accusation about me on here.

    If you want to lash out your anger on me about this situation, kool, but don't say I am lying about how many test I took or that I agree with the lawsuit, etc.

  19. #8394
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    You are so right... I don't come here to be bash, This was one of the reason why I stop posting here. after reading some of the posting I thought every one was past all this BS!!! Some of you guys was posting good stuff but some of you guys are not looking for information you're looking to bash people, because they don't agree with your point of view. Or mad at a situation that a judge put you in not the one taking the job. Any one would be a fool if they pass working for the fdny up. Almostthere post some good information SOMETIMES and some of you guys are just ready to bash him for any little thing. A lot of you guys need to get over the whole PH and move on. No one can change it for now so let it go. focus on what you as a person need to do to move threw the process. Do you guys really think that PH are on their site talk about you guys all day, Hell NO!!!! They are focusing on the prize and that's what they need to do to become a firefighter. i am not wanted here So I will keep what I know to myself. Almostthere I will send you a private message for the link of the PH site and you are more then welcome to post and get real information. Every Monday and Wednesday there is a FDNY Mentor that post and answer question. i only ask that you please don't post the link on this site those guys on the PH site are not on this high school BS like some of the guys on here.


    I stopped reading your post after the first few lines, because you fail to grasp what he is saying. THE WHOLE JOB, who earned their spot, Is against this, They will never get over it. NEVER. People do not want to put their life in the hands of someone who lacks the skills and the morals to get on the fair and honest way. So NEVER EVER will he or anyone else get over it.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  20. #8395
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Just a little advise for people who do post here. Please watch what you say. Don't know how true it is but it was discuses that because of the lawsuit , They do look at this site so don't be surprise if you are going threw your investigation and they ask for the social site you are affiliated with.

  21. #8396
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, NY U.S.
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    can you guys please take this to private messages, we're going on pages of this already....thank you.
    There is a PM waiting for you.

  22. #8397
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    can you guys please take this to private messages, we're going on pages of this already....thank you.
    I saw a few more pages and thought good info was to follow lol. Anyway i took a day off of running today and did some stairmill work. Had a great workout, shirt was soaked. I don't know if my legs were tired from running all week, but i had to take a few breaks during my stair training. I am going to do the stairmill 3x a week now my running has gotten to where i want it, I'll focus on more stair mill until after my med then pick up the running more.

    Also idk if anyone on here knows about ff matt long but our instructor for the cpat told us about him and there is an interesting vid on YouTube about his story. If you're ever a little tired and want an extra day off or feeling lazy watch that video. Basically was a freak athlete did ironman ran 3:13 marathon, then got hit by a coach bus while biking. Manages to finish rehab, now walks and runs with a limp but went on to finish the ironman post accident, which is something like a 2.4mile swim, 112mile bike ride, followed by a 26.2 mile run that has to be completed in 17hrs. Inspiring stuff

  23. #8398
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whymetoo View Post
    You are so right... I don't come here to be bash, This was one of the reason why I stop posting here. after reading some of the posting I thought every one was past all this BS!!! Some of you guys was posting good stuff but some of you guys are not looking for information you're looking to bash people, because they don't agree with your point of view. Or mad at a situation that a judge put you in not the one taking the job. Any one would be a fool if they pass working for the fdny up. Almostthere post some good information SOMETIMES and some of you guys are just ready to bash him for any little thing. A lot of you guys need to get over the whole PH and move on. No one can change it for now so let it go. focus on what you as a person need to do to move threw the process. Do you guys really think that PH are on their site talk about you guys all day, Hell NO!!!! They are focusing on the prize and that's what they need to do to become a firefighter. i am not wanted here So I will keep what I know to myself. Almostthere I will send you a private message for the link of the PH site and you are more then welcome to post and get real information. Every Monday and Wednesday there is a FDNY Mentor that post and answer question. i only ask that you please don't post the link on this site those guys on the PH site are not on this high school BS like some of the guys on here.
    Turn your PM on. Thanks.

  24. #8399
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Saw him on ESPN. I think he might have been hit my hurricane SANDY, not 100% sure, could have made that up in my head.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  25. #8400
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Alright, everybody going to the CPAT Training: What the **** are you guys doing to the bathroom in the auditorium? I can tell CPAT training has gone on the night before because the bathroom is always a ****ing mess.

    Clean up after yourselves. There's really no reason for me to find stuff on the floor every morning. The auditorium and its bathroom are basically your home when you're a probie. Start acting like it.
    ffbam24, FDsouthbxNY and Ext. 17 like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: Yesterday, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register