Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 237287327334335336337338339340347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 20353
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Just some stats I was thinking about if the priority clowns end up sneaking in above us.

Only about 650 actually passed the 2000 retake correct? That is the max number they can draw from to get 293.

Historically the hiring to list number ratio for the OC is 1:4.

I'm an optimist but you have to assume that ratio bumps up a bit considering the group they are drawing from and the years that have passed. I'm thinking 1:6 would be generous for them.

So ~650/6, is about 108 guys from the priority list slipping in.

Obviously the 2nd circuit court needs to get off its ***** and rule already since it'll be too late to take the jobs back from the priority clowns come summer.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

River6019 - your stats definitely make sense but the hiring ratio might be higher for the priorities because they knew when they were taking the exam that they had a very, very good chance of getting called. A lot of people take the OC without really expecting to get called or thinking through if they actually want the job. But who knows. We'll find out soon.

Regardless of whether we make it into the summer class or the next, I think that everyone who got the email yesterday should be seriously preparing themselves physically as well as getting their documents in order. I think its clear that we WILL be processed before summer. DD214's for military folks, residency paperwork for pretty much everyone, any arrest dispositions you might have to explain… some of that stuff takes longer than others.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    How many of you guys think this list is going to reach far ???
    Big variable in there is how many guys top half fail to get the extra credits they claimed on the exam. I know 2 guys in particular that will lose their credits. One for residency and the other for being a rahtard and clicking legacy credit simply because he has an brother on the job.

Forum Member

Just an FYI guys the EMS list won't be completely exhausted until at least Jan of 2014 because there are guys on the list that won't have 2 years until Jan 2014 but the number of guys will be negligible by then. This summer they will reach the bottom of the EMS list but there will still be guys from 1-868 that will not have 2 years until Jan of next year. So figure 2500 will be exhausted a year from now.

Anyone who is thinking about not attending CPAT prep should reconsider. I personally thought it was a great experience. For one you're at The Rock and you familiarize yourself with the place plus you learn techniques. Its a lot of standing around waiting for others but in that time you learn to work as a team and re-set the hose etc etc and meet the guys you might be in probie school with. Don't go thre looking for a workout. Go just to go, basically. It speaks volumes of you to show up every week especially if you're in tip top shape.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

I don't understand, what's the point of applying for the residency credits if you know you can't prove you lived in the city during that year time frame before the exam filing ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Just an FYI guys the EMS list won't be completely exhausted until at least Jan of 2014 because there are guys on the list that won't have 2 years until Jan 2014 but the number of guys will be negligible by then. This summer they will reach the bottom of the EMS list but there will still be guys from 1-868 that will not have 2 years until Jan of next year. So figure 2500 will be exhausted a year from now.

Anyone who is thinking about not attending CPAT prep should reconsider. I personally thought it was a great experience. For one you're at The Rock and you familiarize yourself with the place plus you learn techniques. Its a lot of standing around waiting for others but in that time you learn to work as a team and re-set the hose etc etc and meet the guys you might be in probie school with. Don't go thre looking for a workout. Go just to go, basically. It speaks volumes of you to show up every week especially if you're in tip top shape.

So what's your estimation for how many EMS make it in to the July class? There's gotta be like what, 200 names left? Between #s they didn't reach and #s they had to pass because they didn't have two years yet.

Forum Member

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I been there done that. All the people I met there never saw again, not to medicals not to psychological so who cares. Unlike most of the people in the academy now I didn't start working out for this 4-6 months ago so I wouldn't even go for the "workout" aspect of it. It's been a long way since 08' that I have been training none stop for when my chance comes. Don't get me wrong, for anyone who doesn't know what to expect it is a great help since they give you tips on how to do each evolution and they give you a bit of a taste of what probie school is about But to me is a one time deal kind of thing. I rather save my vacation days to have a little extra money in my pocket for when I quit my job since they do pay for vacation days not taken.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-01-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post

How many people are on the priority hire eligible list anyways??
    According to http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...%20%20Brooklyn

There were 745 Priority Hires Eligible to take the FDNY Exam 2000

According to JOIN FDNY on Facebook they stated:

ABOUT 490 and Hispanic candidates who took the 1999 and/or 2002 civil service test for Firefighter but were not appointed passed the new computer-based exam earlier this month. An appointment list will be established in the coming months under the direction of the Federal Court. To be considered for one of the 293 positions, a candidate must meet all current qualifications for the position of Firefighter (except age limit), including passing the physical exam (CPAT), and meeting all other requirements including medical, psychological and background checks.

My statistics;
    FDNY EXAM 2000 Passing Rates:
    The priority hiring passing rate was 490/745 = 65%
    The OC passing rate was 40,864/42,231 = 96%
    The EMS passing rate was 869/873 = 99.5%

It's sad that that so many priority hires failed and where not able to get at least a 70 on such an easy exam. Even after the courts watered down this exam just for them and they were getting help from the Vulcans to pass this exam - many still failed. The priority hire list was statistically dumber then the open competitive list with only a 65% passing rate compared to a 96% OC passing rate. I also find it unfair that a priority hire with a 70 gets a shot at the academy and an OC guy with a 96 may not.

But the good news is that there are only 490 Priority hires eligible and I HIGHLY DOUBT and I REPEAT I HIGHLY DOUBT and you can mark my words that they WILL NOT GET 293. IMO if the priority's struggled in the written exam then god help them with the physical, medical, and psychological. Also if EMS are dropping from the academy so early in the process you bet that more priority's will drop like flys when they see what they got themselves into. IMO they are lucky to get 100 priority hires from the 490 list.

The good news will be that there will be more open positions for the OC guys!

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    River6019 and Rush2000 like this.

Forum Member

490 total priority hires passed the exam? Do you have a link to this post?

Forum Member

If you check JOIN FDNY on Facebook on the recent posts someone recently asked this question:
    "Can you please update on the issue of minorities being given the first chance at the job because of discrimination on previous test. Is this going to take preference over the current list? Do they have to take the current test and pass or are they going to be automatically put on the top of the list? Thanks Debbie''

JOIN FDNY's answer: ''Hi Debbie, We expect our next class of Probationary Firefighters will be comprised of EMS promotional candidates, “Priority Hires” as determined and ordered by the Federal Court and, possibly, some candidates from the Open Competitive list. Up to 293 individuals who took the 1999 and 2002 tests but were not hired are eligible for appointment as Priority Hires, as per the Federal Court order, but we do not know how many will be hired. About 490 black and Hispanic candidates who took the 1999 and/or 2002 civil service test for Firefighter but were not appointed passed the new computer-based exam earlier this month. An appointment list will be established in the coming months under the direction of the Federal Court. To be considered for one of the 293 positions, a candidate must meet all current qualifications for the position of Firefighter (except age limit), including passing the physical exam (CPAT), and meeting all other requirements including medical, psychological and background checks.''

Forum Member

ah I thought it was a post they made, maybe that's why I couldnt find it....well 490 is even better than 630ish, some good news...i guess.

Forum Member

The more I read and talk to people I feel better and better sitting at 79xx. As silly as that may sound! So many guys claimed residency without reading to the period where it says you had to live here from July 1 2010 to June 30, 2011. I was chatting with a Baltimore firefighter who claimed residency. I explained to him he'll have to explain how he's been working in Baltimore for 4 years but a resident of NYC. Got the deer in the headlights look! Like a few others on here, I came up short on list 2043 and 6019 well, we all know about that circus. I'm hoping persistence and the fact I've done everything with integrity will pay off in the future. Keep your heads up and stay positive! I live right next to astoria park and run there on the regular if anyone wants to join.

Forum Member

My buddy is in the 150s just got his packet.

MembersZone Subscriber

My buddy is in the 150s just got his packet.
    Haven't got anything but live in IL. Hopefully Mon. I'll get something.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Dannydope, great post! The fact that only %65 of these guys, who were given everything on a silver platter, couldn't even pass only proves further that they never deserved this chance to begin with. I'd love to know if ANY of them even scored above a 96.

But yeah, 490 is way better than what i thought it was. If even 100 of those guys jump through all the hoops and make it to the academy I'd bet anything Mark Cohen had something to do with it.
    DannyD0pe likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

So the federal judge can stop all hired if he so desires, but the appeals court has Priority hires going through while it is deciding?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So the federal judge can stop all hired if he so desires, but the appeals court has Priority hires going through while it is deciding?
    Well Goofus is the Lord the giver of Life.....at least that's what he thinks in his hunk of **** mind

Forum Member

Got the packet too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    The more I read and talk to people I feel better and better sitting at 79xx. As silly as that may sound! So many guys claimed residency without reading to the period where it says you had to live here from July 1 2010 to June 30, 2011. I was chatting with a Baltimore firefighter who claimed residency. I explained to him he'll have to explain how he's been working in Baltimore for 4 years but a resident of NYC. Got the deer in the headlights look! Like a few others on here, I came up short on list 2043 and 6019 well, we all know about that circus. I'm hoping persistence and the fact I've done everything with integrity will pay off in the future. Keep your heads up and stay positive! I live right next to astoria park and run there on the regular if anyone wants to join.
    Yea man I was in Wburg running in early December and I stopped and asked a Lt. who was getting lunch with his guys if he had any idea when I'd hear something. He said don't be surprised if 1000+ guys can't prove residency.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I wonder how the guy with the backwards fitted in the video did. hahaha
    vekdoggs75, OAK and MuscleHamster like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information