Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 339 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 239289329336337338339340341342349389439839 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 24131
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure my conditioning is better than most on here. I don't workout only based on an academy I will be in soon. It is a lifestyle for me. Yes, I received my packet today.
    I'm sure you're the pinnacle of fitness, hell, you've been training day in and day out for this for the last 10 years. I hope you have a great time at the academy, im sure you'll do great, we're all pulling for you.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure my conditioning is better than most on here. I don't workout only based on an academy I will be in soon. It is a lifestyle for me. Yes, I received my packet today.
    Funny. Those exact words come out my mouth all the time. Just by you saying that I believe you when you say you might be in better conditioning than alot of people here. Still doesn't make it right though.

Forum Member

Hey guys, my thinking went off. Does people do deer antlers to get through the academy?

Forum Member

^^^^^I cackled out loud.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang0480 View Post
    The more I read and talk to people I feel better and better sitting at 79xx. As silly as that may sound! So many guys claimed residency without reading to the period where it says you had to live here from July 1 2010 to June 30, 2011. I was chatting with a Baltimore firefighter who claimed residency. I explained to him he'll have to explain how he's been working in Baltimore for 4 years but a resident of NYC. Got the deer in the headlights look! Like a few others on here, I came up short on list 2043 and 6019 well, we all know about that circus. I'm hoping persistence and the fact I've done everything with integrity will pay off in the future. Keep your heads up and stay positive! I live right next to astoria park and run there on the regular if anyone wants to join.
    You've got to be kidding me that someone did that?!

Forum Member

ok guys I just found this forum and I had to join in. I got a 96 (no points) I'm going to really start praying. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

You REALLY got to want this job !!!!!

Forum Member

Who is going to the merit matters meeting.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Hey congrats to everyone! I just received my packet and I have my intake interview in a few months, what should I expect? Also I'll be going to the informational at randalls island in two weeks

Forum Member

Mine is in March, make sure you confirm the interview appointment by calling. I'm gonna tackle this package over the weekend
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

mine is in march as well,
    if i remember correctly someone who was in the top of 6019 posted on here things we would need, some of them being a picture of self in business attire, social security statements etc. does anyone remember that? if so i cant seem to locate that page in my instruction was the req changed?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Hey guys, my thinking went off. Does people do deer antlers to get through the academy?
    You eat and sleep right, and TRAIN HARD to get through the academy.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Doesn't it say in the packet what you need to bring?

The investigation meeting is really simple. You show up, they talk to you a bit, then you get assigned an investigator. That person goes over what documents you've brought, and then explains what (if anything) you might also need to provide to them. You're fingerprinted, and that's it. Wear a suit. I believe you need a money order for the fingerprinting, so make sure you bring that. It's not the end of the world if you don't have all of the necessary documents on that date, but you'll have to mail or hand deliver anything else needed so it's obviously in your best interest to try and get as much of it done now as possible.
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Doesn't it say in the packet what you need to bring?

The investigation meeting is really simple. You show up, they talk to you a bit, then you get assigned an investigator. That person goes over what documents you've brought, and then explains what (if anything) you might also need to provide to them. You're fingerprinted, and that's it. Wear a suit. I believe you need a money order for the fingerprinting, so make sure you bring that. It's not the end of the world if you don't have all of the necessary documents on that date, but you'll have to mail or hand deliver anything else needed so it's obviously in your best interest to try and get as much of it done now as possible.

the join fdny page told someone to dress "business casual" to the cpat orientation. This can't be the case though, right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the join fdny page told someone to dress "business casual" to the cpat orientation. This can't be the case though, right?
    The background investigation meeting (whatever is in March) isn't the same as CPAT orientation. Business casual to me would be nice pants, button up shirt and tie. Because I'm a slob that's never worked any real jobs besides EMS, I don't have a lot of business casual, or even many suits, so business casual for me has always meant I just throw on my cheap suit. Do whatever pleases you. No one is going to yell at you for being over dressed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The background investigation meeting (whatever is in March) isn't the same as CPAT orientation. Business casual to me would be nice pants, button up shirt and tie. Because I'm a slob that's never worked any real jobs besides EMS, I don't have a lot of business casual, or even many suits, so business casual for me has always meant I just throw on my cheap suit. Do whatever pleases you. No one is going to yell at you for being over dressed.
    Ya I know the two meetings are different, but I figured for the CPAT orientation we would dress in athletic clothes, not business casual. I figured we'd need a suit for the investigation meeting.

Forum Member

any vets here who got your packets a few questions

1-you dont list military as employment correct? that just stays in the mil section
    2-for residencese you lived in the past ten years if on active duty you can give the base you lived on if you didnt live on the economy

another thing, i worked in a grocery store for a while in hs then went to college for a semester then the military, i plan on listing the store but dont remmeber any of my managers. it was almost 13 years ago. my employment history isnt to extensive, when i got out of the cg i worked for a company for about 2 years and decided i better get back in school and get some credits so ive been on the post 9-11 gi bill which pays me more than if i was to work anyplace(for the most part) will my lack of employment reflect negatively?

Forum Member

I know of several out of state people, on the list, claiming residency. I suspect there will be a lot of people claiming residency that don't and haven't lived in the city.

So, I've been in the Dominican Republic, visiting my girlfriend's family since early yesterday. Before I left, like a lot of you, I received the email about the cpat orientation. That was some decent news.

Since I've been here, I have eaten all fresh food. Fresh pork. Fresh chicken. Fresh eggs. Seriously, we went into the country side and got it from my girlfriend's family. The meals have been unbelievable. They make everything from scratch. And the fruit, my gosh.

I also have been training, in the mornings. The weather in in the low 80's and it hasn't too humid. Her family took me to a local college to run. They have a dirt track and pull bars, dips bars and parallel bars. I drink coconut water right from the coconut.To top it off, her mother is paying a masseuse to come to the house to give me a massage each day after I train. I also have swam in a beautiful mountain creek. And ridden horseback.

Now, I'm figuring I have a packet (2xx) waiting at home. I don't return for a few days yet. I see someone said you have to confirm the 'interview' date. Is there a deadline for that call?
    Last edited by Minerva; 02-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Forum Member

Is it true that the number 1 guy on the promotion lust dropped out because he was scared to go in smoke house?

Forum Member

Minerva, does your girl have any friends with family? I'm not even joking...

Thread Information