Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    you can use ur chapter 33 benefits for the academy and u will get the Ny BAH which i believe is 2488 a month if it hasn't gone up recently
    That sounds excellent. Thanks. Becuz ill definetely need the xtra package for the first year and a half. Was thinkin i may have to work part time electrical. But thats hard to find part time so an extra $2400+ a month is definetely welcome.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    No. The stepmill is done with a few people at a time in the room and the guys usually let you know if you were too high for them to pass you. Everything else is one on one and the decision of the doctors is given to you in private after you've completed the medical. They'll either fail you, clear you or let you know what you have to do to be cleared (retake stepmill, laser eye correction, weight etc.). I dunno how guys claim to know the failure ratio but it's mostly rumor mill stuff. I guess you can obviously see if someone was grossly overweight or couldn't finish the stepmill but the doctors don't announce who passes and who fails.
    that makes much more sense. ty

Forum Member

Did anyone get the score from fdny emt-3024? I haven't received mine yet but I saw on Instagram that someone got their scores back

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    That sounds excellent. Thanks. Becuz ill definetely need the xtra package for the first year and a half. Was thinkin i may have to work part time electrical. But thats hard to find part time so an extra $2400+ a month is definetely welcome.
    It's def a good thing. And being tax free makes it even better!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Did anyone get the score from fdny emt-3024? I haven't received mine yet but I saw on Instagram that someone got their scores back
    I heard a medic at my transport company recieved his list number.
    Fdny Exam 2000
    List # 3***

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I know for EMS I needed the detailed earning statement and I just walked in with ID to get one. Didnt need a money order just paid with a CC. This was at the social security office in garden city. It was a little out of the way but ALOT less busy than other ones in BK and Queens.

As far as arrests and such I don't know but they told me anything that I had to explain(which was one car accident) I would have to type out my explanation and have it notarized.
    Ok, so I guess I should start working on that letter. I'd hate to get denied for a few retarded things I did when I was younger , which none resulted in jail time or anything really serious. Just a stain on my application

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtnyc2012 View Post
    I heard a medic at my transport company recieved his list number.
    Thanks for the quick reply
    emtnyc2012 likes this.

Forum Member

I went for a quick run before heading out to work. Get out there and run people!
    http://imageshack.us/a/img43/4203/b9...5539b07fd8.jpg
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 03-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I went for a quick run before heading out to work. Get out there and run people!
    http://imageshack.us/a/img43/4203/b9...5539b07fd8.jpg
    Busted out a 6 mile run yesterday. So much easier to run when it's not 25 degrees out and windy lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Busted out a 6 mile run yesterday. So much easier to run when it's not 25 degrees out and windy lol.
    I agree, when its cold, it sucks. Its perfect out now.......BTW, I'm so much faster outside!

Forum Member

Hey guys. Like a few other people recently, I have been following this thread for some time now but only recently made a username. Just to put the cards on the table like many others have, I am on list 2000, number 20xx. My first question here is directed toward MM or others who are familiar with exam 2500. As an insurance policy I signed up for a class to get my emt certification finishing in August with a fdny civil service test in September. I know individuals in ems need 2 years of service before they can take the promotion. If I were to get on ems in January 2015 and a test for firefighter comes in say February 2016, can emts who don't have 2 years on take the exam and defer their list number until they get those 2 years? Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Hey guys. Like a few other people recently, I have been following this thread for some time now but only recently made a username. Just to put the cards on the table like many others have, I am on list 2000, number 20xx. My first question here is directed toward MM or others who are familiar with exam 2500. As an insurance policy I signed up for a class to get my emt certification finishing in August with a fdny civil service test in September. I know individuals in ems need 2 years of service before they can take the promotion. If I were to get on ems in January 2015 and a test for firefighter comes in say February 2016, can emts who don't have 2 years on take the exam and defer their list number until they get those 2 years? Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
    2 years of civil service status are needed for the promotion. You can in fact defer until you have reached that status.

That said, with a list number such as yours, you'll be hired to F.D. sometime in the next 2 years, in all likelihood.

Forum Member

Hey guys I saw some guys talking about the EMT test 3042 just FYI I live in Staten Island and I just received my list number in the mail today.
    emtnyc2012 likes this.
    Exam #: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 35XX

Forum Member

Did everyone else in the top 733 get their cpat orientation notices in the mail today. Anyone going to it? I have 3/19 & 26

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Did everyone else in the top 733 get their cpat orientation notices in the mail today. Anyone going to it? I have 3/19 & 26
    Got nothing but live in IL.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Default Update...

Hey guys,

I haven't been on this forum for quite sometime, wondering if anyone knows what the status is with the Exam 2000 List numbers and where they're at?

or if they've possibly been already talking about the next test coming out.

List #: 12xxx

Forum Member

Thank you for clarifying that. I am hopeful/happy with my list number now I just don't want to take any chances.

Forum Member

Just curious is 733 the amount of people that were called? Sorry if this was said before
    Exam #: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 35XX

Forum Member

Got mine. 3/23 & 3/27. But whats going on there that wont be covered at the CPAT training sessions at the Rock?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Got mine. 3/23 & 3/27. But whats going on there that wont be covered at the CPAT training sessions at the Rock?
    nothing, it'll be more of the same...this is the city's version of CPAT prep. one bonus will be getting to see the course you'll actually test on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    nothing, it'll be more of the same...this is the city's version of CPAT prep. one bonus will be getting to see the course you'll actually test on
    If it's in LIC, make sure you get there early. Parking is a biznatch.

Forum Member

I hope all of our appointments will be spaced out. Not week after week. I work for a non union contractor and theynqont take kindly to me missing a day too often; especially for another job lol. I already had to lie and tell them i have a doctors appointment on the twenty seventh, follow up appointment for surgery...but im really going to meet my investigator.

I hope they dont ask for proof. If anything, after my interview ill just run down to the doctors office and claim that my hand was hurting (previous hematoma that he already diagnosed and cured). Then ill just grab a note from him to show my employer just to prove i was there. The doctor will tell me im fine of course (lol), and it will cost me $50. But at least ill still have a job. But if i get a letter for the medical or psychological telling me to report within the following 2 weeks, then ill be losing my job for sure. Cant wait to get the hell outta the private sector.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I hope all of our appointments will be spaced out. Not week after week. I work for a non union contractor and theynqont take kindly to me missing a day too often; especially for another job lol. I already had to lie and tell them i have a doctors appointment on the twenty seventh, follow up appointment for surgery...but im really going to meet my investigator.

I hope they dont ask for proof. If anything, after my interview ill just run down to the doctors office and claim that my hand was hurting (previous hematoma that he already diagnosed and cured). Then ill just grab a note from him to show my employer just to prove i was there. The doctor will tell me im fine of course (lol), and it will cost me $50. But at least ill still have a job. But if i get a letter for the medical or psychological telling me to report within the following 2 weeks, then ill be losing my job for sure. Cant wait to get the hell outta the private sector.
    I know the feeling lol. I been in my job for the past 7 years and I must tell you I can't wait till I can tell my boss " I'm out biatch!" ( probably not that dramatic lol )

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    So what you need to know is there is a difference between being eligible to sit for an exam, and being eligible to be hired/promoted.

For 2500 originally to be eligible to sit for the exam I think you had to be a permanent member of EMS on the first day of filing for the exam (7/15/2011). They later amended the NOE to state that anybody that was a permanent member of EMS on the first day of computer-based testing (March something 2012) was eligible. They did this because 2-3 EMT classes were hired between July and March, and so they gave those guys a break and allowed all of them to be eligible for the exam.

To be eligible for the promotion you need 2 years on EMS. They will not waive this requirement under any circumstance.

So, to be clear, assuming nothing about the above changes, if a future NOE stated "to sit for the exam you must be a permanent civil service member of EMS as of 03/01/16" then theoretically as long as you were hired the day before then you're good. If, theoretically, you were hired the day before, which would be 02/29/16, you'd have to wait till 03/01/18 to be eligible to actually get promoted.

All this is kind of a wash because as FDsouthbxNY said your list # is low enough to get called. You could still consider the EMS route as a backup incase something happens with this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    If it's in LIC, make sure you get there early. Parking is a biznatch.
    Official orientation at DCAS. You get shown the same video you've seen before, then you get a walkthrough on the official course. It's worth it to go to one just to see where the place is in real life, and get a sense of the real course. Try not to drive, just take the 7 train, it's much easier.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Can some one post the chief article from today. I can't sign on to my online account and am waiting for the chief to email me back. I don't understand how I can be signed in but can't access it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information