Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343344345352392442842 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 23379
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

sooo if i'm reading correctly...people from the OC list are starting to receive info from the department?

Exam 2000
    List # 14XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I know of several out of state people, on the list, claiming residency. I suspect there will be a lot of people claiming residency that don't and haven't lived in the city.

So, I've been in the Dominican Republic, visiting my girlfriend's family since early yesterday. Before I left, like a lot of you, I received the email about the cpat orientation. That was some decent news.

Since I've been here, I have eaten all fresh food. Fresh pork. Fresh chicken. Fresh eggs. Seriously, we went into the country side and got it from my girlfriend's family. The meals have been unbelievable. They make everything from scratch. And the fruit, my gosh.

I also have been training, in the mornings. The weather in in the low 80's and it hasn't too humid. Her family took me to a local college to run. They have a dirt track and pull bars, dips bars and parallel bars. I drink coconut water right from the coconut.To top it off, her mother is paying a masseuse to come to the house to give me a massage each day after I train. I also have swam in a beautiful mountain creek. And ridden horseback.

Now, I'm figuring I have a packet (2xx) waiting at home. I don't return for a few days yet. I see someone said you have to confirm the 'interview' date. Is there a deadline for that call?
    dam man sounds like the good life ... you may wanna see if punta cana fire department is hiring

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    sooo if i'm reading correctly...people from the OC list are starting to receive info from the department?

Exam 2000
    List # 14XX

They called down to all of score 103. IMO they will start calling more candidates after the Late July class goes in because they still have the rest of EMS and the priority hires to put in the academy along with the OC in the summer class.

List # 19xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    They called down to all of score 103. IMO they will start calling more candidates after the Late July class goes in because they still have the rest of EMS and the priority hires to put in the academy along with the OC in the summer class.

List # 19xx
    Is the next class in June or July 29th

They called down to list #733 if they sent out packets down to a score of 103
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 02-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Is the next class in June or July 29th

They called down to list #733 if they sent out packets down to a score of 103
    I think i saw late July in a dept order somewhere on here

Forum Member

Wondering if anyone here can answer some questions….Would be greatly appreciated….

1- How many years of a detailed SS earning report do you need to get? Been working since I was 16.

2- As far as a driving abstract is concerned can you order one online or go to the local DMV an obtain one there?

3- I can't remember if it's a 2 x 2 picture of yourself in business attire that is required or a larger photo such as a 4 x 4?

4- I don't have any bills in my name, but I do have a savings account and a checking account from the time period that is required to show proof of residency. I believe it stated that you need 3 of the 5 listed things to provide proof. I have two. W-2 forms and Credit Card statements. How strict are they that you can't provide 3?
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

On the topic of residency, it sounds to me like you have three:
    Checking/savings would be one
    W2 would be two
    And credit card statement would be three.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

MembersZone Subscriber

Duplicate post
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 02-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    1- How many years of a detailed SS earning report do you need to get? Been working since I was 16.

To my recollection, it's the past 5 years. Maybe somebody with a packet can confirm that it is still the case?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ext. 17 View Post
    MM,
    Not sure if anyone answered you about cpat orientation: feb 11-16. 6pm except Saturday, they have an 8 am and another one later in the day.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    Hey guys, for anyone who is worried about the CPAT, Connecticut offers a CPAT every spring and fall. The cost is $150 and if you are worried about the CPAT it offers you the chance to give it a try and figure out the best technique for you. Also if you are interested in testing in CT you need to have a CPAT card just to take most tests. FYI you must sign up by March 7th for the Spring session. http://www.ct.gov/cfpc/cwp/view.asp?...6722&cfpcNav=|
    Unnecessary for anyone who will be canvassed off of 2000. General cardio/strength training will be enough till they call you for the training class, and then the training class will more than adequately prepare you to take the test. The CPAT is mostly technique anyways, assuming you have the base level of fitness required.

Also.. remember that the base level of fitness required for the CPAT is nowhere near what's expected of you at the academy.
    FDsouthbxNY and Ext. 17 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    To my recollection, it's the past 5 years. Maybe somebody with a packet can confirm that it is still the case?
    I can't seem to locate the paper saying that about the detailed ss statement. Was that in this packet or from the 6019 one. Also it didn't say anything about a picture anywhere? Am I missing something or is it different from the 6019 package? Starting to worry Iam missing some papers

Forum Member

Yea, I wasn't seeing that either, but I need to ask for more education and employment data sheets tomorrow, and was going to ask about photos and ss stuff. I'll post whatever they tell me tomorrow afternoon.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Can someone please answer the question about residency...
    Because I only have two forms of proof. Ive lived in queens my whole life. But only have W2 and bank statements. Have never had a credit card and I live with my dad. So no bills under my name.

Plz note* driving license and passport have my current address, could that be used?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Can someone please answer the question about residency...
    Because I only have two forms of proof. Ive lived in queens my whole life. But only have W2 and bank statements. Have never had a credit card and I live with my dad. So no bills under my name.

Plz note* driving license and passport have my current address, could that be used?

The only thing I can think of to do would be to write a letter stating that you lived with your dad during the time, have him sign it, notarize it, and bring the lease.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 02-03-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: grammar fail

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The only thing I can think of to do would be to write a letter stating that you've live with your dad during the time, have him sign it, notarize it, and bring the lease.
    I just got this from the notice of examination
    "The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special
    circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the
    Department of Citywide Administrative Services. "

Is there a number i could call? lol this would suck balls. What a headache i could see this turning out to be

Forum Member

If you were to call, they would say something to the effect of "just bring what you have when your appointment arrives and they'll determine from there".

IMO get together what I suggested and anything else you could think of. I think the lease and notarized letter might suffice though, seeing as how you have the other two.

Forum Member

Seriously? Writing a letter would give you a ball sucking headache? Stay in your cubicle...
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Coldblood, did you get a packet? The only reason I ask is because you had said your list number is in the the 800s, and if that's the case then you got a 102. That's good news because we had previously thought they only sent packets out to guys who got a 103 or higher.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Coldblood, did you get a packet? The only reason I ask is because you had said your list number is in the the 800s, and if that's the case then you got a 102. That's good news because we had previously thought they only sent packets out to guys who got a 103 or higher.
    Nah i didnt get a packet my dude. Good memory tho my # is in the 800s But the question listed above had me just trying to find an answer. Because i already have my stuff together. W2 from 2010 and 2011 and all needed bank statements sitting on my desk.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Ummm. I didn't.
    Well that must mean your such a well rounded , morally sound person

Thread Information