Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 243293333340341342343344345346353393443843 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 23874
Like Tree9341Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You will not be doing anything athletic at the orientation, just an introduction and tour and what not. They will probably offer times for you to sign up for the regular training, and instruct you on what to wear/bring when coming to the weekly training. Don't over think it. If it just says show up in business casual with ID and whatever else... then just do that.

No, while I did hear that someone dropped out due to the smokehouse the #1 guy was not it, he just happened to quit on the same day.

I don't really know, I didn't have anything on my record to list. If you aren't sure then at least gather the pertinent info for each, write it down somewhere, leave the form blank, and then when you talk to your investigator you can figure it out. They don't care about minor things as long as you supply the documentation to show that whatever it was was resolved, all they care about is disclosure.

When are the CPAT orientation sessions?
    Yeah they were all dismissed, i never got jail time or anything like that, just community service, thanks a lot bro! I might not be an angel but we all get in trouble sometimes
    OAK and Dannypanigale like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Well that must mean your such a well rounded , morally sound person
    Well rounded enough to never have had any "summonses and stuff" or anything that would have gotten me anywhere close to community service.

(Addendum: community service that I myself hadn't chosen to volunteer for on my own time.)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 02-04-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    SkylinePCG and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Yeah they were all dismissed, i never got jail time or anything like that, just community service, thanks a lot bro! I might not be an angel but we all get in trouble sometimes
    The trouble I got into was remedied and learned not to be repeated or escalated by my father's belt. Sadly something missed out by a few folks out there that rationalize it all that summonses and community service instead of jail time as a good thing.

Forum Member

Traditionally out of a class of 300 35 dropping due to fitness ...... Now lets say in the upcoming classes that number increases to 50 or even 60..... Will they make bigger classes of 400 450 ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Traditionally out of a class of 300 35 dropping due to fitness ...... Now lets say in the upcoming classes that number increases to 50 or even 60..... Will they make bigger classes of 400 450 ?
    They don't have space at the rock for any class bigger than 320ish.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Me having a spotless record makes my investigations go as smooth as a baby's butt. Makes me sound like if I lived in a bubble lol.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    They don't have space at the rock for any class bigger than 320ish.
    So what's going to happend is a class of 320 drops drastically to 150 lets just say ... The class stays with only 150 ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    So what's going to happend is a class of 320 drops drastically to 150 lets just say ... The class stays with only 150 ?
    Basically... They enter a class of 320 and they expect 10% to drop. Give or take 290ish usually graduate. But once the class is in what ever is left that's it even if 300 fail.

Forum Member

Default Hi Everyone

I joined this forum to get a few pointers for my son who is in a not too shabby spot on the 2000 list. I'm sorry if this is a question that's already been answered, but he is currently in the military, has been since 2008. He is a life long Staten Islander, was sworn in at Ft. Hamilton and took the test while home on leave from where he was stationed in San Diego but is now on an overseas deployment. As long as DCAS gave him the residency credits, everything's ok, correct? He has a NYC drivers license, gets his credit card statements sent home here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI Sally View Post
    I joined this forum to get a few pointers for my son who is in a not too shabby spot on the 2000 list. I'm sorry if this is a question that's already been answered, but he is currently in the military, has been since 2008. He is a life long Staten Islander, was sworn in at Ft. Hamilton and took the test while home on leave from where he was stationed in San Diego but is now on an overseas deployment. As long as DCAS gave him the residency credits, everything's ok, correct? He has a NYC drivers license, gets his credit card statements sent home here.
    Drivers license, bills, ect. are all great. Some residency information from you, the parent, should accompany a notorized letter from you that he lived there as well. That might not be necessary, but the more the merrier. Thankfully, there are many servicemen on this list and those are the people we want and need to hire. That will certainly be a factor.

Thank him for his service and thank you for your sacrifice.

Forum Member

Headed to the Merit Matters meeting tomorrow night in the Bronx. Anyone else? I'll be the dork holding the bicycle helmet.
    vekdoggs75 and Spiderneck30 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI Sally View Post
    NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.

Eligibility for the residency credit will be investigated and verified by the Fire Department o fNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.

Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011 • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) (b) (c)
    A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

MembersZone Subscriber

Finally got my intake packet, anyone else going on March 8th.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Anyone have the contact # to reschedule handy? My roommate back home told me I got my packet and an interview this Wednesday but can't make it due to my military obligations.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Anyone have the contact # to reschedule handy? My roommate back home told me I got my packet and an interview this Wednesday but can't make it due to my military obligations.
    Have to send an email to cid@fdny.nyc.gov to reschedule.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Headed to the Merit Matters meeting tomorrow night in the Bronx. Anyone else? I'll be the dork holding the bicycle helmet.
    I triple-dog dare you to wear it during the meeting.

Forum Member

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Drivers license, bills, ect. are all great. Some residency information from you, the parent, should accompany a notorized letter from you that he lived there as well. That might not be necessary, but the more the merrier. Thankfully, there are many servicemen on this list and those are the people we want and need to hire. That will certainly be a factor.

Thank him for his service and thank you for your sacrifice.
    Thank you sir, very much. I just didn't want him to get any nasty surprises. They shouldn't be penalized for being stationed out of state, so hopefully those are the special circumstances that they talk about in the requirements. Sorry someone's mom has to do this, he has very limited access to a computer so I pass along the info to him when I can. Good luck to all of you - you all sound like a great bunch of guys (and girls!) And I just noticed that the first time I am posting here is on page 343. I think that is a sign that these new future hires will have angels looking out for them.
    Last edited by SI Sally; 02-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Forum Member

Danny D0pe, Thank you so much. I'm sure this was answered many times in the previous 340 pages so I'm grateful you saved me having to look through them.

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Have to send an email to cid@fdny.nyc.gov to reschedule.
    Thanks....anyone know if they have weekend interviews? Gonna be very hard for my to get down there during banker's hours for the near future.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Whoa that's so soon

Thread Information