Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Got two things in the mail from FDNY today. Got a letter for my medical which is scheduled for the 22nd and a letter for my Psych test which is scheduled for the 23rd. Still waiting on CPAT orientation letter. Hoping that its either the 22 or 23. Does anyone know if the city is good about trying to group stuff together for people out of state. Luckily Investigations grouped my medical and psych together, just hoping that DCAS will be the same way with CPAT orientation.
    you have your med/psych dates but not your CPAT orientation dates?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    you have your med/psych dates but not your CPAT orientation dates?
    Yes and I don't know who to call at DCAS to figure out when it is. Is there a different number on the letter you received?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Yes and I don't know who to call at DCAS to figure out when it is. Is there a different number on the letter you received?
    that's odd, they're really doing things is any order. I can check my notice when I get home from work & let you know.

Too bad you couldnt take one of my orientation days (3/21). I can't take off of work twice, and both days I'm set up for are smack in the middle of the day so the 21st appointment I won't be able to make it to.

MembersZone Subscriber

About where on the list are you guys, if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to get a feel for how long it might be before i might be receiving my dates. This process seems to be moving faster than I anticipated. And how much time was there between receiving the info and the actual dates scheduled?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PJKlebaur View Post
    About where on the list are you guys, if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to get a feel for how long it might be before i might be receiving my dates. This process seems to be moving faster than I anticipated. And how much time was there between receiving the info and the actual dates scheduled?
    Most of us have our list numbers in our signature.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

I'm a bit confused about the stairmaster event. Correct me if im wrong, but im under the impression that we have to do the stairmaster during our medical examination. And we also have to do it during the CPAT.
    Exam 2000
    List # 13X
    Score 106

Forum Member

Wow that's quick, oc starting to get medicals already
    vekdoggs75 and SouthBK84 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the stairmaster event. Correct me if im wrong, but im under the impression that we have to do the stairmaster during our medical examination. And we also have to do it during the CPAT.
    Yup, 3:20 for cpat no hr monitor, 5:12 for medical with heart rate being monitored
    mannyjay likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Say whaaaaaaatt??? Lol I'm otj now can u elaborate that for me a little further. Any advice or past experience with that happening to you ?
    My current partner who has almost 20 years on attempted to transfer to FD over 10 years ago. He completed every phase of the process and was scheduled to go into the academy. Unbeknownst to him, PD held his paperwork and prevented him from entering the academy. He was over the age limit therefore it was his last chance and he got screwed.

My advice to you is to try and avoid any ccrb's and lawsuits. Lawsuits can definitely hold you up if the lawsuit isn't cleared. Just stay out trouble and wait for your list number to be called.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure most will eventually receive their letter in the mail about their psychological screening. Does any of the OJT guys or those that are currently at the Rock have any advices on this screening? What should we expect and why are a lot of candidates failing it?
    Where did you hear that a lot of candidates are failing the psychological?

Forum Member

Default Psych

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am sure most will eventually receive their letter in the mail about their psychological screening. Does any of the OJT guys or those that are currently at the Rock have any advices on this screening? What should we expect and why are a lot of candidates failing it?
    Did your friend fail the FDNY psych?

Forum Member

Zach, you can give 718-786-2701 a try

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Wow that's quick, oc starting to get medicals already
    This only means that it is not going good for the PHs which is good news for us OC guys. I wouldn't be surprised if the 102 scorers get their packets in the next couple of months.
    coldblood92 and SouthBK84 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    This only means that it is not going good for the PHs which is good news for us OC guys. I wouldn't be surprised if the 102 scorers get their packets in the next couple of months.
    My guess is the city is just covering all bases. They want a class in this summer no matter what so they're making sure they have 320 candidates fully processed....whether it be EMS, PHs, or OC boys and girls. I am a little confused why they haven't dipped deeper down the OC list for the Physical exam.

Forum Member

This morning session for background investigation there were 39 scheduled and only 22 showed up. Just letting everyone know what's going on!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    This morning session for background investigation there were 39 scheduled and only 22 showed up. Just letting everyone know what's going on!
    As Wayne & Garth used to say....Excellent!

Forum Member

CPAT

So these dates that we just got at the end of the month.....are these the practice sessions that if you do the physical and pass then you dont have to do again??1?!?

Forum Member

Sorry to have to ask this here but I couldn't find it. PPAD filing isn't closing today is it? Is it even open?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    MM, how are those wool socks holding up for ya? now that you are at the academy, is there anything else you suggest we bring with us besides the basics(extra socks, shirts, etc) ?
    Well... funny story. So the wool socks were a good idea, but it turns out we wear shorts under the bunker gear (for now at least). The rubber bunker boots chafe against your calves if you don't have something covering them. I got cheap knee high compression socks on amazon. They're alright. It's getting hot out there in the bunker gear. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it's going to feel in a month, never mind July and August.

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Well, the city gets a lot of Homeland Security money from the Feds. Some of this filters down to the FDNY. Hopefully it won't effect us much, but the sequester will be felt citywide.
    True true, you're right. My point though was simply we shouldn't make assumptions about what might happen to the city based on the Armed Services. The sequester hit the DoD with deep cuts... which had been put in there to try and encourage a deal to be made (since nobody usually wants to cut the Defense budget). I haven't had time to see how bad DHS will be affected. Of course the annoying thing about city government is if the city loses federal funding from any major area the mayor will ask for across the board cuts from everybody.

If any of you were at CPAT training tonight I hope you enjoyed the show.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 03-13-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    CPAT

So these dates that we just got at the end of the month.....are these the practice sessions that if you do the physical and pass then you dont have to do again??1?!?
    No, just a orientation, you are thinking time trials.

Forum Member

Got two things in the mail from FDNY today. Got a letter for my medical which is scheduled for the 22nd and a letter for my Psych test which is scheduled for the 23rd. Still waiting on CPAT orientation letter. Hoping that its either the 22 or 23. Does anyone know if the city is good about trying to group stuff together for people out of state. Luckily Investigations grouped my medical and psych together, just hoping that DCAS will be the same way with CPAT orientation.
    Two days back to back!? Lol i know thats good for some people but what am i gonna do if they give me back to back appointments? I cant take off 2-3 days in one month let alone the same week. Ill be jobless and in this economy it will most likely be for a few months. Are they taking into consideration that people have jobs NOW? Doesnt seem that way. And the last thing i wanna do is defer an appointment. That cant be an option man. I wish i knew 100% that ill get on the job.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 03-14-2013 at 12:21 AM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    As Wayne & Garth used to say....Excellent!
    Classic film. I haven't watched it in a while, I think I will put that on my list of things to do this weekend!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Two days back to back!? Lol i onow thats good for some people but what am i gonna do if they give me back to back appointments? I cant take off 2-3 days in one month let alone the same week. Ill be jobless and in this economy it will most likely be for a few months. Are they taking into consideration that people have jobs NOW? Doesnt seem that way. And the last thing i wanna do is defer an appointment. That cant be an option man. I wish i knew 100% that ill get on the job.
    Only reason I like it is I live 15 hours away lol
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    dont say stuff like this! im getting all excited, damn chubby :P
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

Double post. hate DP. Thats not what she said. HAHA!!
    Jukez likes this.

Thread Information