Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345346347354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 20371
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Just found the gloves I used for my cpat back in 08' lol. It even has the time I did written on them, 7:17. This time around I'm aiming for less than 7 mins booyaaaa!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    I can't seem to locate the paper saying that about the detailed ss statement. Was that in this packet or from the 6019 one. Also it didn't say anything about a picture anywhere? Am I missing something or is it different from the 6019 package? Starting to worry Iam missing some papers
    I talked to CID today to confirm my appointment and this is what they said:
    1: No photo needed at this time
    2: If you require a detailed earnings statment, your investigator will ask for it during your appointment and then you have to go back and get it.
    3: If you need extra data sheets of any kind, you will not mail them to you. When you go in for your investigation, thats when they will hand you additional sheets to fill out.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just found the gloves I used for my cpat back in 08' lol. It even has the time I did written on them, 7:17. This time around I'm aiming for less than 7 mins booyaaaa!!
    are gloves required. When I took the CPAT in 03 I believe, I did it without gloves. is it mandatory now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    are gloves required. When I took the CPAT in 03 I believe, I did it without gloves. is it mandatory now?
    They probably ran out of gloves for the people who weren't going to make the cut lol. Just busting your balls, they gave me a pair I don't know what the case going to be this time around.

MembersZone Subscriber

I see that the Physical Preparation Program is scheduled to begin on Feb. 25, is this the start of the 12 weeks required for the CPAT or is this something completely different?

Thanks in advance.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Im sure the OT will drastically drop after they start hiring all these classes

That IS the general result.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

They probably ran out of gloves for the people who weren't going to make the cut lol. Just busting your balls, they gave me a pair I don't know what the case going to be this time around.
    LOL, that's a good one. i will brinng my own gloves this time. What will be your time goal this time around? 7 mintues is pretty good. you think you will be able to top that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Finally got my intake packet, anyone else going on March 8th.
    This guy right here is going to the March 8th interview/investigation. PM me if you'd like.

Also about those residency credits. I'm scared that they might take mine away. I claimed them but i only have a couple of documents to support that. I've been in the military since 2007 and will be getting out in June 2013. I've been told from other military folks that as long as someone joined the military from NYC, they should be able to count your points since NYC is your "home of record". I'm not sure how true this is.

Edit: Anyone in the Army stationed in Fort Campbell, KY that also took FDNY exam 2000?
    Last edited by mannyjay; 02-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    LOL, that's a good one. i will brinng my own gloves this time. What will be your time goal this time around? 7 mintues is pretty good. you think you will be able to top that.
    Not to brag but I'm 10 times in better shape than I was back then, so yes there's no doubt in my mind I can do better than last time. I'm 6'2 170 3-4 percent body fat. I don't work out and live healthy for the academy, it's just my lifestyle. ( heard that before huh? Lol)

Forum Member

Not to brag but I'm 10 times in better shape than I was back then, so yes there's no doubt in my mind I can do better than last time. I'm 6'2 170 3-4 percent body fat. I don't work out and live healthy for the academy, it's just my lifestyle. ( heard that before huh? Lol)
    Damn you most have a sick body !!! NO HOMO
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I know that if you go from NYPD to FDNY, your time doesn't count for pay and you start at the first step of the pay scale again, but what about going from other agencies like Corrections or Sanitation to FDNY? Depending on the message board you read you get a different answer on each, and I can't find the current FDNY contract online anywhere so I can't read through and see if it's addressed. Anyone have any insight?

Forum Member

Yes, I sure heard that before. lol You have a good height on you which I believe is a good advantage while going through the obstacles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Thank you so much for putting the NO HOMO behind that. LOL You know get a pass!!
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Anyone planning on getting CFR-D certified before they go into the academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Yea I guess. It's just my metabolism is so fast. Most people kill themselves going to the gym to lose weight, all I have to do is NOT go to the gym lol. I do eat healthy though, peanut butter alllll dayyyyyy long plus grilled chicken, steak and salmon. I don't do protein shakes at all, and will always stand when I say you DON'T need it. If you say otherwise come play tic tac toe in my stomach while we discuss it

Forum Member

According to my cousin who is on the job, the dept. will require you to attend CFR-D classes regardless of whether or not you currently have it. If this holds true, that would be a serious waste of time and money, especially if you don't end up getting hired.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

That last post was in response to "almostthere."
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    According to my cousin who is on the job, the dept. will require you to attend CFR-D classes regardless of whether or not you currently have it. If this holds true, that would be a serious waste of time and money, especially if you don't end up getting hired.
    Thanks, I guess i will wait.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I know that if you go from NYPD to FDNY, your time doesn't count for pay and you start at the first step of the pay scale again, but what about going from other agencies like Corrections or Sanitation to FDNY? Depending on the message board you read you get a different answer on each, and I can't find the current FDNY contract online anywhere so I can't read through and see if it's addressed. Anyone have any insight?
    I'll see if I can find out dude. I have a cousin who works DS and was close to switching back in '08.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information