Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 245295335342343344345346347348355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 22872
Like Tree8986Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Can someone please answer the question about residency...
    Because I only have two forms of proof. Ive lived in queens my whole life. But only have W2 and bank statements. Have never had a credit card and I live with my dad. So no bills under my name.

Plz note* driving license and passport have my current address, could that be used?
    I have a similar situation. Never lived anywhere else but never had a need for a credit card. I have Several W'2s and my bank statement. Not that they are anywhere near my list number but Figured I would get it figured out now.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'll see if I can find out dude. I have a cousin who works DS and was close to switching back in '08.
    I'm currently in the interview process for a civilian job with the city, specifically the FDNY (I figured it couldn't hurt to work for the dept. as a civilian while awaiting my shot). Some of the paperwork states stipulations for pay. According to the city, there are two types of employees: civil servants and civilians. Regardless of classification, you can always roll over your time that you worked for the city. But, if you roll between civil servant positions (ie: DOS, NYPD, FDNY) your pay begins at the lowest step. If you roll from civilian to civil servant, the same holds true. Civilian position salary is determined by education and experience. I'm sorry if this is long-winded, but I hope I was of some help.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I have a similar situation. Never lived anywhere else but never had a need for a credit card. I have Several W'2s and my bank statement. Not that they are anywhere near my list number but Figured I would get it figured out now.
    i hate to be a bug on this forum. But if there is anyone going threw the process that can answer this with a definite answer. I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

brooklynborn, if i cant get info about what i can do before my interview(in 6 months hopefully). Im just gonna bring EVERYTHING!. Passport, License, Notarized letter, I served jury duty for federal court not to long ago and kept the envelope...Fu.ck id bring my door to my apartment if i had to.
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Yea I guess. It's just my metabolism is so fast. Most people kill themselves going to the gym to lose weight, all I have to do is NOT go to the gym lol. I do eat healthy though, peanut butter alllll dayyyyyy long plus grilled chicken, steak and salmon. I don't do protein shakes at all, and will always stand when I say you DON'T need it. If you say otherwise come play tic tac toe in my stomach while we discuss it
    Hmm id love to take that offer but I don't know to play tic tac toe
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    i hate to be a bug on this forum. But if there is anyone going threw the process that can answer this with a definite answer. I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

brooklynborn, if i cant get info about what i can do before my interview(in 6 months hopefully). Im just gonna bring EVERYTHING!. Passport, License, Notarized letter, I served jury duty for federal court not to long ago and kept the envelope...Fu.ck id bring my door to my apartment if i had to.
    Thanks man. Let me know if you get an answer.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    This guy right here is going to the March 8th interview/investigation. PM me if you'd like.

Also about those residency credits. I'm scared that they might take mine away. I claimed them but i only have a couple of documents to support that. I've been in the military since 2007 and will be getting out in June 2013. I've been told from other military folks that as long as someone joined the military from NYC, they should be able to count your points since NYC is your "home of record". I'm not sure how true this is.

Edit: Anyone in the Army stationed in Fort Campbell, KY that also took FDNY exam 2000?
    Did you contact military liaison? 718 999 2655.
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

anybody know if an nypd detective would transfer over to the corresponding pay rate or do we start from the bottom?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    anybody know if an nypd detective would transfer over to the corresponding pay rate or do we start from the bottom?
    The bottom, 6th grade rank and pay.

Forum Member

Default pd to fd

how much time does he have on? Just curious.

He would def start at rookie pay though

Forum Member

Default everyone starts at bottom pay

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I know that if you go from NYPD to FDNY, your time doesn't count for pay and you start at the first step of the pay scale again, but what about going from other agencies like Corrections or Sanitation to FDNY? Depending on the message board you read you get a different answer on each, and I can't find the current FDNY contract online anywhere so I can't read through and see if it's addressed. Anyone have any insight?
    sanitation , corrections or nypd at top pay that transfer to fdny will start at bottom pay when entering the fdny.

Sanitation, corrections and nypd time counts up front when going to fdny. Meaning if the retirement is 20 years.....if u have 3 years on santaitaion and transfer to fdny then u can do 17 years and retire.

I know these are facts as I found out by writing to the fdny pension bureau and by asking them back in 08 when I was suppose to get hired from exam 6019
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys, first post for me

Just want to say congratulations to all the 103'ers in the house. Looking forward to meeting all of you down at the rock for CPAT training.

Does anyone know the status of the priority hires case in court? My father, a current New York City Firefighter, told me that it's still going through appeals. He believes it will continue to go through appeals until it reaches supreme court. Does anyone else have any insight on this? It seems to be that a lot of guys posting here will be effected by whether or not the priority hires list goes through for the next class. If the case is still in appeals, they can't hire from it, correct?

Score: 103
    List: 4XX

Forum Member

Default Fd

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Im sure the OT will drastically drop after they start hiring all these classes
    figure most FF are making about 350 hrs of OT a year before they redline due to the lack of hiring these past 4.5 years

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Not to brag but I'm 10 times in better shape than I was back then, so yes there's no doubt in my mind I can do better than last time. I'm 6'2 170 3-4 percent body fat. I don't work out and live healthy for the academy, it's just my lifestyle. ( heard that before huh? Lol)
    You maintain a 3 - 4 percent body fat percentage wow ?! I have natural bodybuilding friends who undergo caloric deficit diets for months just to get that low and only for a day in a natural bodybuilding competition. Once you hit 1% - 2% you stop functioning correctly and once you hit 0% you die. Be Careful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    how much time does he have on? Just curious.

He would def start at rookie pay though
    looking to leave with about seven years on, that's how bad PD is (for all those considering)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hey guys, first post for me

Just want to say congratulations to all the 103'ers in the house. Looking forward to meeting all of you down at the rock for CPAT training.

Does anyone know the status of the priority hires case in court? My father, a current New York City Firefighter, told me that it's still going through appeals. He believes it will continue to go through appeals until it reaches supreme court. Does anyone else have any insight on this? It seems to be that a lot of guys posting here will be effected by whether or not the priority hires list goes through for the next class. If the case is still in appeals, they can't hire from it, correct?

Score: 103
    List: 4XX

almostthere is a priority hire. It would be nice if he gives us in update on the priority hiring process since he is getting plenty of questions answered on this forum by the OC guys. It's always good to give back some love.

Forum Member

looking to leave with about seven years on, that's how bad PD is (for all those considering)
    I'm almost at top pay... but really struggling with the decision. I'm very happy where I am now, only problem is I know all it takes is a new boss to be miserable like a lot of people. Plus, i'm taking the test this summer.. I don't know if that helps or hurts my cause. I'll obviously be transferred, but make more $$, it would cut my salary in half. No idea what i'd do if I got the call tomorrow.
    frankp88 and FDNY4Life like this.

Forum Member

Hey what's up?

First post for me as well, just want to say thanks for all the amazing information that can be found through here especially from those going through the process right now and those on the job already. I got a 102 and I am in the low 900's, very upsetting to hear them only getting to the 103's for this initial send out of packets but all will come in time.

I've been training real hard for a long time now, 5-6 mile run every other day at about 8:30/mile and I can do the 1.5 in 10:30, and can do about 100 push ups/2 mins and 100 sit-ups/2 mins, working on really getting the pull ups up to speed so I don't end up in fat camp.

I can say as of right now I will never have respect for the priority hires. Even if they get into the July class and bump my time back even further I will not respect them when I get in after them. They do not deserve all of the privileges they are receiving. Most probably won't have what it takes anyway and I bet many will take the lump sum of cash instead of the job. I hope they get held up by the appeals courts as many of us have all gotten held up for years.

Congrats to those who are starting the process and are almost there, looking forward to being in your shoes soon and seeing you on the other side of the academy.
    Last edited by FdnyFFHopeful; 02-05-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 9xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    I'm almost at top pay... but really struggling with the decision. I'm very happy where I am now, only problem is I know all it takes is a new boss to be miserable like a lot of people. Plus, i'm taking the test this summer.. I don't know if that helps or hurts my cause. I'll obviously be transferred, but make more $$, it would cut my salary in half. No idea what i'd do if I got the call tomorrow.
    Well, its a personal decision, like you said. And also like you said, all it takes is a new boss to change everything. FWIW new captains are taught in BMOC to crush sergeants... the job sees sergeants as the new target since they can't outright target cops for quotas anymore. Sorry to turn this into a PD bash but its just something to consider.

That being said, good luck to all who have received investigation packages!

On a side note, does anyone know if step-fathers count toward legacy credit?
    FDNY4Life likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    You maintain a 3 - 4 percent body fat percentage wow ?! I have natural bodybuilding friends who undergo caloric deficit diets for months just to get that low and only for a day in a natural bodybuilding competition. Once you hit 1% - 2% you stop functioning correctly and once you hit 0% you die. Be Careful.
    I don't try to maintain it at that percent AT ALL, I just keep a balanced diet along with ALOT of working out and running. My metabolism does the rest. It's a big sacrifice though. I'll tell you this much, I have over 5 years I don't eat candy, drink soda nor eat anything from fast food restaurants lol.
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

packet came, going down on 3/18
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Thread Information