Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 246296336343344345346347348349356396446846 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 23115
Like Tree9064Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    figure most FF are making about 350 hrs of OT a year before they redline due to the lack of hiring these past 4.5 years
    Your assumptions would be wrong. If you're NOT on the job, go ahead and stop talking about things you know nothing about. Worry about trying to get on, not how much OT guys are getting!
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 02-05-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hey guys, first post for me

Just want to say congratulations to all the 103'ers in the house. Looking forward to meeting all of you down at the rock for CPAT training.

Does anyone know the status of the priority hires case in court? My father, a current New York City Firefighter, told me that it's still going through appeals. He believes it will continue to go through appeals until it reaches supreme court. Does anyone else have any insight on this? It seems to be that a lot of guys posting here will be effected by whether or not the priority hires list goes through for the next class. If the case is still in appeals, they can't hire from it, correct?

Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List: 4XX

Sadly, they can hire those free-loaders, and they have to. That is, until the Second Circuit rules on the appeal.

Sorry to say, but the attitude from some guys here is that hiring them is inevitable and we should accept this assault on all of the hard work we've put in ourselves.

Stand-up for merit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    looking to leave with about seven years on, that's how bad PD is (for all those considering)
    Lol its better than no civil service job thou. My friends love it and think I am crazy for wanting FD but I guess they just don't get it.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-05-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Merit matters meeting tonight. I am driving from BK if some one wants to navigate.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Sadly, they can hire those free-loaders, and they have to. That is, until the Second Circuit rules on the appeal.

Sorry to say, but the attitude from some guys here is that hiring them is inevitable and we should accept this assault on all of the hard work we've put in ourselves.

Stand-up for merit.
    I believe it was you who said you thought there would be a ruling on the appeal some time before the end of June. Is that a popular opinion going around? It could explain why the next class doesn't go in until the end of July.

Forum Member

I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick and tired of running in this cold weather. It's not even so much the cold as it is the wind. Thank God for Under Armour because Spring can't get here soon enough.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Hey,

This is my first post, and I also have gotten a lot of great info from you guys, so thanks. Anyone going in for their intake interview March 6?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    packet came, going down on 3/18
    Same here man same day
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

on the first page where it says CANDIDATES, URGENT NOTICE etc. etc.

it says that there is information regarding the ORD information sessions

it also says we must confirm our ORD information session along with the CID interview.

I confirmed CID, but I dont see any letter relating to the ORD meeting.

does anyone know what this is

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffdude13 View Post
    on the first page where it says CANDIDATES, URGENT NOTICE etc. etc.

it says that there is information regarding the ORD information sessions

it also says we must confirm our ORD information session along with the CID interview.

I confirmed CID, but I dont see any letter relating to the ORD meeting.

does anyone know what this is

Pretty sure that is to be able to attend the Firefighter Candidate Mentorship Program.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Pretty sure that is to be able to attend the Firefighter Candidate Mentorship Program.
    If they're offering it, take advantage. I didn't have family in this job, so no one told me a thing about how to "do the right thing" or what to expect. It took a little longer to figure that all out. If there is someone or someway to be a little more in the know, why not do it. The next guy might have gone through the mentor program, they're going to have an easier time than you. Might as well get the same leg up.

This program is for everyone.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Just trying to get some opinions, with a list number in the upper 5,000's, would it be beneficial for me to pursue the EMS route just incase unforseen circumstances arise?
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Just trying to get some opinions, with a list number in the upper 5,000's, would it be beneficial for me to pursue the EMS route just incase unforseen circumstances arise?
    If EMS really interests you then go for it. Couldn't hurt anything but don't join EMS just to transfer to the FDNY. Nothing worse than doing a job that you hate and depriving the citizens of NYC of a great prehospital provider. If your heart really isn't in EMS then it shows more than you think.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    If EMS really interests you then go for it. Couldn't hurt anything but don't join EMS just to transfer to the FDNY. Nothing worse than doing a job that you hate and and depriving the citizens of NYC of a great prehospital provider.
    I'm sure if that was the case, out of those 800+ emts who took the exam to get promoted to FF 95% percent of them would have not became emts lol.

Understand that NOW FDNY EMS will become as competitive as any other well payed city agency. JUST because of the benefits behind switching over to FIRE. I myself said once that I didn't need ems to become a firefighter, and I will stick to that. So far 2 test and landed top 2000 on both. Even if it takes me another try I will land in hiring range.
    Last edited by Jukez; 02-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDtoFD View Post
    looking to leave with about seven years on, that's how bad PD is (for all those considering)
    Hahaha relaxxxx it's not that bad and I freeze my *** off on a footpost every night... It's jut that FD towers over it in terms of appeal and general awesomeness
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Damn you most have a sick body !!! NO HOMO

Okaaaaay now...
    I3akdraf and Jukez like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I'm gonna go a different route than zachryw2001, honestly most depts throughout the country require their FF's to be emt's. More often than not as a FF you will have to provide some type of prehospital care so getting trained as a EMT even if you ultimately you wanna be a FF is a good idea. Just don't half *** being a EMT you never know when your gonna be the one to respond to a stroke or a breach birth and your the one that needs to know what the hell to do, whether you like the job or not. Good luck whatever you do.
    Last edited by I3akdraf; 02-05-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    anapolitano89 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I'm sure if that was the case, out of those 800+ emts who took the exam to get promoted to FF 95% percent of them would have not became emts lol.

Understand that NOW FDNY EMS will become as competitive as any other well payed city agency. JUST because of the benefits behind switching over to FIRE. I myself said once that I didn't need ems to become a firefighter, and I will stick to that. So far 2 test and landed top 2000 on both. Even if it takes me another try I will land in hiring range.
    I initially didn't think I needed ems to become a FF either, but I also don't have the benefit of getting any extra points. Not saying anyone with extra points doesn't deserve them, i'm just trying to make the best of my situation and get to where I want to be
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

I initially didn't think I needed ems to become a FF either, but I also don't have the benefit of getting any extra points. Not saying anyone with extra points doesn't deserve them, i'm just trying to make the best of my situation and get to where I want to be
    I say go for it bro. Years count as city time and you get first dibs. Just jump it fast though.
    anapolitano89 likes this.

Forum Member

guys filling out the packet, on the "Conviction Record" section, is that where you'd list a summons? I don't see another section on here that a summons would fall under but I thought it was odd the description didn't say to list any summons' here.

Thread Information