Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 247297337344345346347348349350357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 20376
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    almostthere is a priority hire. It would be nice if he gives us in update on the priority hiring process since he is getting plenty of questions answered on this forum by the OC guys. It's always good to give back some love.
    too be honest, I have no idea. I am just taking what is being offered to me. sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    guys filling out the packet, on the "Conviction Record" section, is that where you'd list a summons? I don't see another section on here that a summons would fall under but I thought it was odd the description didn't say to list any summons' here.

No summonses. Only convictions. If you got 100 summonses (criminal) and only 2 convictions, then just list the 2 convictions. 100 summonses/0 convictions=0 convictions to report.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I would not list a summons there. They are asking for convictions only, as in found guilty in court by a judge. If that didn't happen then don't list it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Hey what's up?

First post for me as well, just want to say thanks for all the amazing information that can be found through here especially from those going through the process right now and those on the job already. I got a 102 and I am in the low 900's, very upsetting to hear them only getting to the 103's for this initial send out of packets but all will come in time.

I've been training real hard for a long time now, 5-6 mile run every other day at about 8:30/mile and I can do the 1.5 in 10:30, and can do about 100 push ups/2 mins and 100 sit-ups/2 mins, working on really getting the pull ups up to speed so I don't end up in fat camp.

I can say as of right now I will never have respect for the priority hires. Even if they get into the July class and bump my time back even further I will not respect them when I get in after them. They do not deserve all of the privileges they are receiving. Most probably won't have what it takes anyway and I bet many will take the lump sum of cash instead of the job. I hope they get held up by the appeals courts as many of us have all gotten held up for years.

Congrats to those who are starting the process and are almost there, looking forward to being in your shoes soon and seeing you on the other side of the academy.
    LOL, another emotional individual. "Never have respect, won't have what it takes, take the lump sum instead of the job". What else is on your mind buddy? Yeah, I understand you are angry due too this lawsuit situation, but what makes you think I am not capable of performing this job on the same level as you or even better? You don't need to respect me but guarantee you will depend on me as I will depend on you on the job. If I had an option of the job or the lump sum, I would without any hesitation pick the job. No need to go tic for tac with you, but don't underestimate the Priority hires ability or anyone in general capabilities and mind set.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    No summonses. Only convictions. If you got 100 summonses (criminal) and only 2 convictions, then just list the 2 convictions. 100 summonses/0 convictions=0 convictions to report.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    I would not list a summons there. They are asking for convictions only, as in found guilty in court by a judge. If that didn't happen then don't list it.
    thanks guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Sadly, they can hire those free-loaders, and they have to. That is, until the Second Circuit rules on the appeal.

Sorry to say, but the attitude from some guys here is that hiring them is inevitable and we should accept this assault on all of the hard work we've put in ourselves.

Stand-up for merit.
    Free loaders, nice term. what other term can you come up with?!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Just trying to get some opinions, with a list number in the upper 5,000's, would it be beneficial for me to pursue the EMS route just incase unforseen circumstances arise?
    Always have a second, third, fourth option in life. Of course go for it, just in case.
    anapolitano89 likes this.

Forum Member

Almost there. No need to reply to every single post in the forum. You will have 20 years to talk about it.

Come to a Merit Matters meeting, they said they want people who disagree with them to show up and speak their mind. I assure you they will treat with you respect, but be prepared to speak your mind and explain your position. If you show up, you have my respect, assuming you care.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-05-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I don't try to maintain it at that percent AT ALL, I just keep a balanced diet along with ALOT of working out and running. My metabolism does the rest. It's a big sacrifice though. I'll tell you this much, I have over 5 years I don't eat candy, drink soda nor eat anything from fast food restaurants lol.
    Damn jukes I want to meet you ! Post a picture ... Not jk
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Lol I'll just post a pic of me with bunker gear on and no shirt on showing my abs like one of the probies did in this class. Supposedly he put it up on Instagram hahahah. I wonder if he got dropped lol. So yea guys if you planning to blast pics of yourself during proby school please don't! Lol
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Lol I'll just post a pic of me with bunker gear on and no shirt on showing my abs like one of the probies did in this class. Supposedly he put it up on Instagram hahahah. I wonder if he got dropped lol. So yea guys if you planning to blast pics of yourself during proby school please don't! Lol
    I hope you're ****in kidding someone actually posted that?????

Forum Member

Instead of dropping him they should just present it in front of the class.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I hope you're ****in kidding someone actually posted that?????
    Yes!! He got measured for gear and a few hours later the pic got on Instagram lol. Somehow the pics got to the DI's the next day and I don't know what happened to him lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Almost there. No need to reply to every single post in the forum. You will have 20 years to talk about it.

Come to a Merit Matters meeting, they said they want people who disagree with them to show up and speak their mind. I assure you they will treat with you respect, but be prepared to speak your mind and explain your position. If you show up, you have my respect, assuming you care.
    1- No, I don't care if you respect me or not. Who are you!!

2- I am going for the ride in regards too this lawsuit. If I was in your shoes I will somewhat feel the same way. I will feel cheated, etc. But, I would not assume that someone is not capable of performing any duty or wish ill will based on an uncontrollable situation.

3- I have class tonight

4- LOL at they will treat me with respect. WHATEVER

5- This is a message broad, why should I only be required to reply to a certain amount of post. STOP IT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I really hope you are a female. Because your responses to Jukez is suspect.
    SnatchBK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Free loaders, nice term. what other term can you come up with?!!
    Of course, this was preceded by your previous post:
    too be honest, I have no idea. I am just taking what is being offered to me. sorry!
    almostthere,
    I want to personally invite you to the Merit Matters meeting tonight in Da Bronx. If you're local, I'll even come pick you up if you opt to use the "no way to get there" cop out.
    grok, same goes for you.
    DJ_Reverse and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

You got bunker gear ? Lets see what a tic tax toe stomach looks like

Forum Member

1- No, I don't care if you respect me or not. Who are you!!

2- I am going for the ride in regards too this lawsuit. If I was in your shoes I will somewhat feel the same way. I will feel cheated, etc. But, I would not assume that someone is not capable of performing any duty or wish ill will based on an uncontrollable situation.

3- I have class tonight

4- LOL at they will treat me with respect. WHATEVER

5- This is a message broad, why should I only be required to reply to a certain amount of post. STOP IT.
    I didn't say you needed my respect, nor that you wanted it, thats why I worded it the way I did.
    But you do seem to be hung up on others "respect" since you quoted and replied to several comments.
    You can post as much and often as you like, I was just saying that the meeting tonight would be a better Forum for the disscusion. I think you took my post as negative or sarcastic, when it wasn't meant to be. I realise your position and there is no point in me being negative about it, nothing I can change via this message board.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Of course, this was preceded by your previous post:almostthere,
    I want to personally invite you to the Merit Matters meeting tonight in Da Bronx. If you're local, I'll even come pick you up if you opt to use the "no way to get there" cop out.
    grok, same goes for you.
    More than likely, you haven't read most of my post or you are so emotional that you are taking what I say out of content .What is the purpose of debating when there is nothing to debate about. Post one post of mine stating that I disagree with you guys on the hiring process/lawsuit. All my post was in regards too, the negative attacks that where posted on here, such as (The priority hires are not intelligent enough to have this job, not capable of performing this job, are FREELOADERS, ETC.) Come on, stop inviting me to a conference where nothing will be resolved. I am still going to pursue this opportunity to become a firefighter. I wanted to be one since high school, this is why I took to test in 2002, passed the test, passed the cpat and went on an interview.

Forum Member

You do realise that you will be taking the job from others who scored higher than you but unfortunatly are not the right Color? Literally one person will not be hired because you took his spot.

You said you have class, whats the point of going to school?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information